Mafia 110: Mafia in Hell, Michigan (Tied.)

DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by DedicatedScribe »

farside22 wrote:
DS wrote:I spend 3 posts explaining my reasoning for horror-vote, and you are still disturbed?
It was more odd on how you didn't believe he was scum to changing your mind as you did.

As for the second Crypto had NS very high on his list and from what I read there was not reason for it.
I didn't change my mind, exactly. I rationalized that it was best that horrordude was lynched today. Imagine him alive today. I had to think really hard about this. Also, it seemed very unlikely that Ythan would stfu and realize the weakness of his attack, and thus there would be few unvotes overall.

From yesterday, especially near the end, I learned that Ythan is stubborn to a point where sometimes it hurts the town (when he's wrong).
farside22 wrote:
Unsight wrote:
farside22 wrote:As for the second Crypto had NS very high on his list and from what I read there was not reason for it.
Why are you considering Crypto's list as anything but WIFOM?
It's something to look at that he posted.
Scum tend to put their scum buddies either at the top, middle or end.

There is always a reason this list had none and looking at everyone and who he put where is noteworthy.
NS in this case had next to nothing really said but was higher then me.
Now sure scum can use the list to misinform the town but I already have a belief that NS is scum.
Scum tend to put their scum buddies either at the top, middle or end.

Why do you think this? You think they put them all in the same place?
molestargazer wrote:
Dedicated Scribe

In my first big analysis post, I labelled this guy as being pretty town.
I don't understand this (ISO 8)
In actuality, it isn't timely or convenient, as he's getting votes right now O.o

His join date kinda removes this point, however. Ill also FoS WRP_ Beater.
Could you please exlpain? Seems like a little fence-sitting.
ISO 8 wrote:Richard and Mr. Beater are on my more realistic hitlist for today. Shall we?

unvote; vote WRP_Beater

I don't know why I'd rather vote Beater. Mainly because I feel the attack on him is more easy to understand, and the one on Richard could be sensationalized. I don't have enough time to look on that, so I'll go with the simpler choice.
This bit also rubs me the wrong way. It sounds like he just doesn't want to put the effort in to push a case he likes, but instead goes for an easy and 'simple' one. Surely that isn't how you catch scum?
ISO 12 wrote:A test? I think it makes WRP seem more nooby. If he's scum, why does he continue to rely on this noob facet?

Thinking on this, I'll unvote WRP_Beater at this point.
Don't call me contradictory.
Uh... well, um...
*Awkward pause*
Let's call it coming round to sense in a way that you, uh, wouldn't have been a particular fan of earlier?

In ISO 17, Scribe seems to defend horror quite a lot, and later votes. I can't really blame him, and I can't really work out if this is a scumtell or not.
ISO 64 wrote:I spend 3 posts explaining my reasoning for horror-vote, and you are still disturbed?
Could you please point me to these? To ease my laziness? I have been writing this post for around an hour now. Have pity. Please. You know you want to. It might help. Like, lots.

SCUM RATING: Moderate-Ish.
Sorry ^^. A few games back, I decided to stop prioritizing on looking like town, and focus more on doing whatever it is I'm doing.

I'll organize responses numerically.

At first, I thought WRP was town. Right now, I'd like to think my gut read was right. I made a post saying that I thought WRP was town.

I was responding to someone saying WRP's entrance was "convenient". I found that ludicrous that someone would vote for someone for a "convenient entrance", when in fact, this entrance was not convenient at all.

And I made a point about the join date, because it could have been possible WRP was lurking, and posted b/c he's a noob like that.

It's exactly how I find scum. Build pressure upon likely scum, and analyze the response. It's just one of my strategies, when I don't have the best lead/attack ever. Not my only, or best, way.

I don't completely understand that.

Sigh. You know I'm lazy, too, right?

post 52, 49, 45 (I was basically searching for a reason to either vote, or mount an attack on Ythan).

Post 52 is the biggest explanation. Speaking of which, I'ma talk about that horror wagon pretty soon.
WRP_Beater wrote:Ok then.
SK wrote:WRP_Beater, is that all you've got to offer?
That was to not be prodded.
Oh, so he is actively lurking.
Konowa wrote:Actually, you know what?

unvote;

vote jbernier93

I like this vote better.

jb, iso post 24 wrote:This looks like a way to obvious wagon hop.

I've never seen an appeal to emotion this bad.
HOS:horrordude

Obviously farside's whole argument against you just went over your head.

Anyway
vote: horrordude.
You obviously agreed with what farside was saying. If this was truly the case then one would think that you would be all over farside. Instead you vote horrordude saying that he was scummier for various things ["his AtEs, various posts, wishywashiness"].

AtE - null.
various posts - ???
wishywashiness - ???

I also find your deflections [iso post 32 and 33] to be scummy.

@SK: How does farside's comment make you jump to the conclusion that she is an SK? I do not see it.
Where the heck were you yesterday???
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Konowa wrote:@SK: How does farside's comment make you jump to the conclusion that she is an SK? I do not see it.
Because she said she wished for a vig. To me, it seems like that means she knows there already isn't a vig. Since we had two kills last night, that leaves three possible options: two scumteams, vigilante, or Serial Killer. Since Crypto flipped simple Mafia Goon, that rules out two scumteams. Now that Farside said that she wished for a vig, it seems to rule out that possibility as well. Hence, a Serial Killer, and I'm betting Farside's it.
Very good point. I don't like you still atm, however.
Konowa wrote:@mole: Nah, I just got fast fingers ;-)

@SK: That makes no sense. I still do not see how that comment makes you think that farside is an SK. How does farside wishing for a vig = her knowing that there is not a vig = her being a SK?
Let farside defend herself, plz. The logic is:

farside wishes for a vig = he might know that a vig had not killed that night = he knows what caused the kill = he did the kill = he's an SK.

Now that I think of it, not a very good point. For all we know, he's the vig.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Ythan wrote:Odd thing to say, but last night was an odd night. You know?
Either stop blatantly breadcrumbing or come out with it, but what you're doing right now is not helpful.
I find this post funny. But I call it a nulltell.
Ythan wrote:There is no way you can spin that as anything but extremely blatant rolefishing. Or that you can avoid your lynch today.
SK, you're about to get Ythan-ed.

Once I get time, and if at this time I'm still thoughtful about this, I'll read a few potential sk's isos, and make some thoughts. But SK killed scum. And I'll focus on scum for now, and SK counts as scum, too. ^^
Ythan wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:Since when did I say your breadcrumbing was a scumtell? I just said it wasn't helping the town. I don't like how you're trying to spin this as rolefishing, considering you about as good as stated that you had a role.
Seriously, stop breadcrumbing.
You might just want to stop.
Stop telling people to stop too early. You need to make your point first (SK IS UNDENIABLY AND INEXPLICABLY SCUM. IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT, I'M SURE SOMEONE ELSE WILL!!!)

Oh yea, I'm bitter. I shouldn't be. I'll try not to be. Oh, I'm so sorry...
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Farside22 wrote:the kill on the mafia is either vig or sk. I don't know which and I never assume.
Farside22 wrote:Oh I just assumed SK with the kill not a vig. I don't know why.
Lol.
Ythan wrote:SK is acting extremely opportunistically here.
ino, rite? Still, its a nulltell.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
farside22 wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:And has anybody noticed how Farside's suddenly gone quiet once this discussion came up?
By the way I go to lunch around the same time every day. Between 12:40 or 1pm I start my lunch and I take an hour. This is a bit opportunist comment.
How am I supposed to know that? For that matter, how am I supposed to believe you?
Farside22 wrote:Finally my last question to SK.

How did I know that crypto had misinterpted what the town PM win condition is. Unless you don't know what the win condition is??
You know...that's actually a good point.

Unvote: Farside22.
lol.

Now.

jbearner
SK
NS
Ythan

After I start my attack, I'll be following you guys like I'm on twitter ^^.

On a side note, my first attack/vote will be for
vote Nobody Special

Time is running out for me, but i should be able to get it in b4 tomorrow.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Ythan »

One thing, no indication that there's an SK and not a vig. And, opportunism my be a nulltell but it's anti-town.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes, it would be nice that there is a vig. Which is also why idc much about SKs at this point. I wait till a townie dies.

Also, opportunism is a (bad) method of attack, is all. So sure, I'll agree with you on this.
Blast it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

Opportunism does not indicate scum hunting. It indicates lynch hunting.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Nobody Special wrote:
Ythan wrote:1. SaintKerrigan
4. WRP_Beater
6. RichardGHP
9. horrordude0215

Dude today, reevaluate cases on Kerrigan, Beater, and Richard tomorrow?
As much as it physically pains me to agree with Ythan, I do.

unvote

vote horror

He just keeps getting worse.

I'm not happy about Rikenslope's sudden jump onto the Beater wagon, either.
Nobody Special wrote:Okay.

unvote.

Vote: Richard
GPS
GHP

I think that HDude is just being too-newb. I don't think he's scum. (HDude: If you do flip scum, I will hate you. Forever.)

FoS: Ythan.
Too much attention being paid to HDude. Let's do Richard today, possibly StKerrigan (or maybe, just
maybe,
you!) tomorrow. Deal?
Nobody Special wrote:Here's the deal: I'm sick of the bickering.

Vote: horrordude

I read the forty-two-thousand pages of back-and-forth; I don't recall another vote besides farside's; she says he's at L-1, I think he's at L-2. Either way, if I'm hammering, so be it.
These three posts are his only mention of horrordude yesterday ^^

Ythan, if you believe that about opportunism, why do you agree that it's a nulltell?

I have to defend opportunism because I do it. When I do it, unless I'm scum, I don't do it for lynches, but for info. I can't say SK's attack fits in thsi category, so I'm rambling. But the first part matters.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Ythan »

I suppose it is more likely for scum to lynch hunt. I often think of tells in terms of something definitely scummy, rather than the better definition of something more likely scummy.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Ythan, good to know you are in a thoughtful mood.
Nobody Special wrote:
farside22 wrote:Do you know scum to talk like the 3 of us in thread NS?
What makes it so scummy?
I noticed you didn't look at who cryto could be scum with and you follow ythan who you called town and scum in the same post.
No, scum don't talk in-thread like that. It's an unknown situation to me, and I am afraid of the unknown. Unknown == scum.

Yeah, I have really mixed feelings about Ythan.
Loling at the part about unknown, let's focus on the bottom part.

What is your opinion on Ythan, NS? On a scale of 1-100, also.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's quite odd that he didn't elaborate on his mixed feelings.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Now, about NS:

1. How experienced are you? I want links to your mafias, finished and ongoing.

2. At the point of your 4th post, did you think you had posted more content than those you said needed to say more?

Nobody Special wrote:Ythan doesn't love me anymore.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:@StKerrigan: What are your thoughts on lynching lurkers?
Depends on the type of lurking. Plain ol' lurking, do nothing about. Active lurking, on the other hand, is something I would consider lynching over.
Why ask me specifically?
SaintKerrigan wrote:
FoS: WRP_Beater
for his convenient and timely entrance.
That's why. I wanted to know why you only placed a FoS on WRP rather than a vote. So, given what you said, would you consider lynching WRP? (I think you would; obviously, you're ready to lynch anyone based on how many times your vote has switched. :roll: )
Did you think SK should have voted for WRP?

Nobody Special wrote: And the "Oh, and Vote: beater" is a reminder-vote because my previous vote had STILL not been counted.

Let's not count your vote for several pages and see how you feel.

My vote is currently on, and remains on, WRP_Beater.
Where was the previous vote? You never said much about why you voted Beater.
Nobody Special wrote:
Ythan wrote:Glad the Richard issue was cleared up. And dead scum too!

Need to reread isos again in light of stuff.
Perfect tell, commenting on the obvious. You mostly appear town, but IGMEOY.
/agrees. Wow.
Nobody Special wrote:
What makes it so scummy?
I noticed you didn't look at who cryto could be scum with and you follow ythan who you called town and scum in the same post.
No, scum don't talk in-thread like that. It's an unknown situation to me, and I am afraid of the unknown. Unknown == scum.

Where's the FoS?
Nobody Special wrote: And, to answer your Beater question: it was the opportunistic posting --
nine minutes
after you called him on not posting -- that makes Beater so scummy. Remember now?
Where's the vote?
Blast it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

I was looking for something and found this.
Nobody Special wrote:As much as it physically pains me to agree with Ythan, I do.
unvote
vote horror

He just keeps getting worse.
Nobody Special wrote:Okay.
unvote.
Vote: Richard
GPS
GHP

I think that HDude is just being too-newb. I don't think he's scum. (HDude: If you do flip scum, I will hate you. Forever.)
FoS: Ythan.
Too much attention being paid to HDude. Let's do Richard today, possibly StKerrigan (or maybe, just
maybe,
you!) tomorrow. Deal?
Nobody Special wrote:Here's the deal: I'm sick of the bickering.
Vote: horrordude

I read the forty-two-thousand pages of back-and-forth; I don't recall another vote besides farside's; she says he's at L-1, I think he's at L-2. Either way, if I'm hammering, so be it.
Blech. I'm rereading SK soon.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

farside22 wrote: This is why my vote stands on Jbernier. Some is gut. Some of it is backtracking. His going for the easy players first voting for WRP and then horror. He almost ignores crypto in a lot of his post and he never stated a real reason for voting for WRP. It was just a bunch of quotes with no reason.
That's pretty accurate, except for it just happens that the players I found it appropriate to vote have been the players that have been popular lynch candidates. But I still stand that I haven't really backtracked. And maybe I didn't state all my reasons for voting horror when I voted him because they had previously been stated... I don't like restating.
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

pman5595 wrote:good morning everyone.
don't have much to go on today, as you can see, my scumhunting failed yesterday. I'll observe for a bit until I see something.
Still looking and ugh.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Ythan »

Here's what I was looking for.
Nobody Special wrote:
Rikenslope wrote:Morning all...
So Richard is gone and so is Crypto.
One townie, one mafia.
Not bad for a night 1...I guess. Although I could have done without seeing a townie PR gone so quickly. I am going to re-read day one and come up with a more substantive post a little later.
Nobody Special wrote:Nothing.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Wall O' Text Incoming!!
Ythan wrote:I know exactly the post you're talking about. I thought he was saying that he, and therefore maybe other players, don't like having questions leveled against them without some indication in the post of who they're for.
That's exactly it. I don't like it when people answer questions aimed at specific players, and so I don't like to answer questions not aimed directly at me, or generally at everyone.
Kison wrote:
Unsight wrote:I looked at the post times between RichardGHP's roleclaim and Rikeslope's vote and saw that there was a 7 minute difference. Easily enough time for it to be simultaneous post. It would have made more sense to me to point out RichardGHP's roleclaim and see what was going on instead of immediately hopping votes (yet again). Just a very thoughtless vote that, while not necessarily a scum tell like the rest, is annoying.
Nobody Special wrote:@Unsight: Please explain how a 7-minute gap can be explained away as "simultaneous." (post 996)
Nobody Special wrote:So, I guess this means my top three are, in no certain order:
Ythan
StKerrigan
Unsight
farside
How does the 7-minute gap thing in any way lead you to believe that Unsight is scummy, especially considering she(?) said, in her post, that it wasn't even a contributing factor to her case?
Nobody Special wrote:
Holy flimsy batman.
Vote: Nobody Special
- That post of yours reeks of someone trying desperately to find stuff to comment on.
The 7-minute gap being pushed as a 'simulpost' makes me think that Unsight was reaching; trying to force a case where there wasn't one.
Ythan, post 1111 wrote:It fits well within the framework of Lowell as scum.
Ythan, to Lowell, post 1113 wrote:I didn't say I think you're scum. Temper.
Hair-splitting. Any reason why you said this and then tried to backpedal?
Konowa wrote:
NS, post 1059 wrote:I guess I have a different style of posting. When I preview my posts, I check the bottom of that window to see if anything new has been posted. ::shrug::
NS, post 1063 wrote:My entire suspicion of you is based on this 7 minute gap being called a simpulpost. That's it.
So, an apparent disconnect leads you to suspicion? I am not buying that. The flimsy fencesitting comment about Ythan plus rolefishing.
vote Nobody Special

Will be back with more after I eat.
I see the world in very black-and-white terms, for better or for worse. Everyone should do things as I do, and if they don't, I like to know why. (Yes, I'm like this IRL; be glad you don't know me.)
SaintKerrigan, post 1119 wrote:
Vote: WRP_Beater.
WRP_Beater, post 1120 wrote:Some of you are really making good points.
Now here's a true, albeit funny, simulpost.
farside22 wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Farside22 wrote:Why would you think I know if there is a vig?
Because you said you wished for a vig. That implies you already know there isn't one. The only way you could know that there is no vig is if you are a Serial Killer.
the kill on the mafia is either vig or sk.
I don't know which and I never assume.
I did my comment in mussing more. For someone who was trying to make comments earlier today about me being greatful you certainly jumpy about things you know nothing about SK.
Rather than put words in your mouth, can you explain/clarify the bolded part?
Ythan wrote:I don't think that not wondering about the alignment of an unconfirmed doctor is an indicator of knowing too much.
hypothetical statement wrote:I think that wondering about the alignment of an unconfirmed doctor is an indicator of knowing too much.
Would you say these two statements are equivalent? Anyone may answer. In fact, I'd like a plethora of answers to that.
DedicatedScribe wrote:Ythan, good to know you are in a thoughtful mood.
Nobody Special wrote:
What makes it so scummy?
Loling at the part about unknown, let's focus on the bottom part.
What is your opinion on Ythan, NS? On a scale of 1-100, also.
Currently, I think Ythan is town-leaning. 0 being Totally Town, 100 being Mafia Grand Poobah Overlord, I'd put him at about 35.

I'm responding to post 1233 (and beyond) separately; this is long enough as is.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

Kison wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:
Holy flimsy batman.
Vote: Nobody Special
- That post of yours reeks of someone trying desperately to find stuff to comment on.
You don't want to address this?
The 7-minute gap being pushed as a 'simulpost' makes me think that Unsight was reaching; trying to force a case where there wasn't one.
Talk about irony.
Ythan, post 1111 wrote:It fits well within the framework of Lowell as scum.
Ythan, to Lowell, post 1113 wrote:I didn't say I think you're scum. Temper.
Hair-splitting. Any reason why you said this and then tried to backpedal?
Perfect one. I wasn't backpedaling at all.
I see the world in very black-and-white terms, for better or for worse. Everyone should do things as I do, and if they don't, I like to know why. (Yes, I'm like this IRL; be glad you don't know me.)
Quite glad, and that's shit for a response.
Ythan wrote:I don't think that not wondering about the alignment of an unconfirmed doctor is an indicator of knowing too much.
hypothetical statement wrote:I think that wondering about the alignment of an unconfirmed doctor is an indicator of knowing too much.
Would you say these two statements are equivalent? Anyone may answer. In fact, I'd like a plethora of answers to that.
Is this more stretching for a case or stretching for a waste of time?

unvote vote Nobody Special
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

Too big to repost. If the mod would care to fix the tag I wouldn't complain.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Kison »

Nobody Special wrote:The 7-minute gap being pushed as a 'simulpost' makes me think that Unsight was reaching; trying to force a case where there wasn't one.
So are you saying that the rest of her case is invalid?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

DedicatedScribe wrote:Now, about NS:

1. How experienced are you? I want links to your mafias, finished and ongoing.

2. At the point of your 4th post, did you think you had posted more content than those you said needed to say more?

Nobody Special wrote:Ythan doesn't love me anymore.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:@StKerrigan: What are your thoughts on lynching lurkers?
Depends on the type of lurking. Plain ol' lurking, do nothing about. Active lurking, on the other hand, is something I would consider lynching over.
Why ask me specifically?
SaintKerrigan wrote:
FoS: WRP_Beater
for his convenient and timely entrance.
That's why. I wanted to know why you only placed a FoS on WRP rather than a vote. So, given what you said, would you consider lynching WRP? (I think you would; obviously, you're ready to lynch anyone based on how many times your vote has switched. :roll: )
Did you think SK should have voted for WRP?

Nobody Special wrote: And the "Oh, and Vote: beater" is a reminder-vote because my previous vote had STILL not been counted.

Let's not count your vote for several pages and see how you feel.

My vote is currently on, and remains on, WRP_Beater.
Where was the previous vote? You never said much about why you voted Beater.
Nobody Special wrote:

/agrees. Wow.
Nobody Special wrote:
What makes it so scummy?

Where's the FoS?
Nobody Special wrote: And, to answer your Beater question: it was the opportunistic posting --
nine minutes
after you called him on not posting -- that makes Beater so scummy. Remember now?
Where's the vote?
1. My games (linked and everything!!) are all on my spiffy wikipage.

2. No.

3. I think each player should analyze and vote according to their own style. (IOW, I'm not going to get into mind-reading.)

4. Remember my iso post #4? The one where you ask if I think other players should post more? Yeah, in there I address Beater.

On re-reading my own iso, I see that that "reminder" vote was, in fact, my first time voting for Beater. My bad. All, I can say is I truly thought my vote had been placed, and was not being counted.
@Mod:
Please accept my apologies for smudging you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

DS wrote:Scum tend to put their scum buddies either at the top, middle or end.

Why do you think this? You think they put them all in the same place?

I have rarely seen scum put there scum buddies all in one category.
They spread them out as town and scum so they look better to the town if someone they had a list below was scum.
But if they flip their list is pretty scattered typically to give the town less info.

What is there to explain with the bold.
Either the one that killed the mafia (aka crypto) is a vig or SK. Since Saint pointed out that the mod just put mafia goon there can't be a second mafia and there is no other kill exist for a normal game. As anything else that can kill is not normal.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

farside22 wrote:

What is there to explain with the bold.
Either the one that killed the mafia (aka crypto) is a vig or SK. Since Saint pointed out that the mod just put mafia goon there can't be a second mafia and there is no other kill exist for a normal game. As anything else that can kill is not normal.
Sorry; I get what you're saying now. I just had trouble parsing that sentence for some reason.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

Anything else NS?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Unsight »

Nobody Special wrote:The 7-minute gap being pushed as a 'simulpost' makes me think that Unsight was reaching; trying to force a case where there wasn't one.
That wasn't part of my case. It was simply something SaintKerrigan did that didn't make sense to me.

While reading through the thread, I saw that vote and immediately went back to check the post times. Seeing the 7 minutes, I deduced it was a simultaneous post. Then I saw SaintKerrigan's post. I would think SaintKerrigan is experienced enough to not jump to conclusions like that unless it was deliberate, but it's WIFOM and therefore not really evidence to support my "SaintKerrigan = scum" theory. Thus, while annoying and worth mentioning, it isn't necessarily a scum tell and I made sure to note that.

I do think it's odd that you chose to ignore my whole case and focus on something that I specifically said wasn't necessarily a scum tell.
Games are meant to be fun.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Ythan »

It would be out of character for NS to ignore honking big posts.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Unsight »

Unsight wrote:
That wasn't part of my case. It was simply something SaintKerrigan did that didn't make sense to me.

While reading through the thread, I saw that vote and immediately went back to check the post times. Seeing the 7 minutes, I deduced it was a simultaneous post. Then I saw SaintKerrigan's post. I would think SaintKerrigan is experienced enough to not jump to conclusions like that unless it was deliberate, but it's WIFOM and therefore not really evidence to support my "SaintKerrigan = scum" theory. Thus, while annoying and worth mentioning, it isn't necessarily a scum tell and I made sure to note that.

I do think it's odd that you chose to ignore my whole case and focus on something that I specifically said wasn't necessarily a scum tell.
Then again, it might not be so odd if my theory in Post subject: 1082 was correct. Based on that link Ythan and Konowa posted earlier, I think what I was trying to describe in 1082 was something called "Chainsawing." The idea is that I attack SaintKerrigan and Nobody Special attacks me as a result.

FoS: Nobody Special

Upon reflection, I think I should have done this in Post Subject 1082 but better late than never.
Games are meant to be fun.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Rikenslope wrote:@pman if you really did read my iso then you see that the only time I talked about horror was during the epic argument between him and ythan and those post were just noting that the argument was stupid and trivial at best and that horror getting lynched at that point was almost a foregone conclusion. My not jumping on the bandwagon was because I had a person I thought was scummier at the time.
I agree that that argument between Ythan and Horror was stupid (and falls under the flaming category IMO). However, this is the extent of your reasoning on Beater:
Rikenslope wrote:Beater has gotten more and more scummy. I am not exactly sure if it is missteps or if he really is scummy but for now I am going to have to jump on the Beater Wagon.

Unvote Vote WRP_Beater
you never comment on horror's scumminess. In reality, the play of Beater and Horror was relatively similar—either nooby or scummy. What was the difference between those two players? Why was beater more scummy? In my opinion, it the difference was that you knew horror was town, and probably going to be lynched ("forgone conclusion") and wanted to stay off of his wagon. Also, if beater was scummy enough to keep you off of the horrordude wagon, why are you not voting him today?

Also, is it really necessary to have 7 pages per day? I am probably going to skim most of it at most. It isn't completely required for my method of scumhunting anyway.

I analyze WHAT a person does, not HOW they do it. I think the how varies based on skill level, but what they do varies more on alignment.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”