MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

totallynotmafia wrote:1) Macavity, striking people is scummy to me, it seems like an excuse to vote someone after three (which could be fairly trivial) reasons instead of building a case on someone. The way you said "and that's strike 1" implied that strike 2 and 3 were not far off, no matter what Doc said.
Well, lobster was already pinging my scum-dar, and my point with the "Strike 1" was that in his 1st substantive post Doc didn't help himself at all. And his next post, which was book name analysis, was almost as bad as lobster's. I didn't/don't have a plan to definitely vote him if/when he does 3 little things wrong. I probably made my points poorly, sorry about that.

No votes have been placed.

6 alive takes 4 to lynch.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by DocPotter »

6 left, lynch scum to 5, SK kill to 4, mafia kill to 3. Of course if the presumed SK is bullet proof, as recent MD threads have complained about, then we're kingmaker.

6 left, lynch SK to 5,mafia kill to 4, endgame.

Of course this assumes a bullet proof SK.
TNM's claim post wrote:There's another aspect to my role but I think it would be beneficial to keep scum in the dark about it, but if everybody (well, SC really) thinks its better to reveal it then I'm happy to.
A blown false claim is enough reason to vote someone, and I think those two claims were both false and blown. Big Bird struck me as wrong as soon as I saw it. (and I knew that it is an lgb as one of my kids has it.)

But as to further. Macavity's scummy claim demand from 314 is a good start, without having to go look anywhere. Not "Everyone else has claimed your turn" or similar, just "claim".
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

...um... wow.

Yeah, I could definitely support a DP lynch today.

Flavor analysis really doesn't seem like it'll help (I mean, if someone had claimed James T. Kirk or something, yeah, but not in this situation). And there's this beauty:
DocPotter wrote:The rest are either just animals, or in the case of the mouse, internally consistant and hint at the role.
Not characters or such.
(Similar to the kitten titles being consistant and hinting to role)
Uh... what are you talking about? The Little Red Hen is a character. The Pokey Little Puppy is a character. The Tawny Scrawny Lion is a character.
DocPotter wrote:6 left, lynch scum to 5, SK kill to 4, mafia kill to 3. Of course if the presumed SK is bullet proof, as recent MD threads have complained about, then we're kingmaker.

6 left, lynch SK to 5,mafia kill to 4, endgame.

Of course this assumes a bullet proof SK.
This is also setting off alarm bells. Only really considering the worst case scenario? IME, the only players that do that are scum.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Big Bird is a seperate
Disney
character.

If you can't see a blown false claim then why do I bother.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by peanutman »

@DocPotter, have you read the whole thread yet? Because the timeline I've sketched out in my mind of your play as you came in seems odd. Let me explain. (times based on EST for my sake)
- Joined early Friday morning (i.e 2am)
- Friday evening, first post of note, claimed you fell asleep after reading D1.
- One hour later, post your "quick notes" and build a case on role names, something your predecessor did as well and was criticized by the whole town for. You arrived to this "case" most likely by skipping to the last pages given Mac's answer about the claiming (I say this because of your following post).
- Another hour passes, you've just arrived to "Lobster's post" (I imagine you meant his big post of the game with the only scum-hunting being looking at the roles and posting his first impressions). After your whole read through, the only thing you have to go on is the same thing as what Lobster said, as well as Mac's quick-ask for a full claim on your part.

I don't know if it's encouraging or not, but you have matched the extent of Lobster's scum-hunting and activity in this game within a single day. However, Lobster had never really contributed anything of note (or voted for that matter) since the beginning of the game . In my opinion, you are doing the same thing as him. I strongly doubt that if you had read the whole thread, the best piece of hunting you could come up with is the names. Of all that has happened, votes, bandwagons, flips, cases, posts, ... Out of all this, the only thing you bring up is almost exactly what Lobster did. I was hoping for much more from his replacement, I was hoping for a fresh perspective, some new insight. However, you've made me distrust you/Lobster even more.

Vote : DocPotter
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Peanutman, how wrong can you be? Seriously do you practice it? If you want to try using timelines for my actions, use my timezone.

Joined at 6pm or so, I said so in my first post.

Next post was a little over 4 hours later. (and yes I had a nap)

Then lunchtime today (Saturday) with my opinions from the mass claim. Then an hour later when I got to Lobsters post, and I thought that was weird that we both spotted the same failed fake claim.

Do you find it weird that two people think that you've fake claimed?

Now we get to your actual content. Best described as cornered scum attacks town.

Try showing why you title claim isn't a failed fake claim, instead of attacking the player. Try showing why "Big Bird" and "Sam the firehouse cat" fit the theme from the other titles, because they don't.
Hint. We're in Coney Island, the mini
theme
park for a reason.
City mouse, country mouse fits the theme.
Shy little kitten and Curious little kitten fit the theme.
Even little girl from a sleepy story fits.

The mod has made the titles fit a theme. Not just the claimed ones though baring two those do, but the revealed ones that are gospel. So if so many of the titles fit the theme, beyond just being LGB's, then all of them should.

But not Big Bird nor Sam the Firehouse cat.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

DocPotter wrote:Macavity's scummy claim demand from 314 is a good start, without having to go look anywhere. Not "Everyone else has claimed your turn" or similar, just "claim".
If anyone thought it was scummy, they probably would have said so by this point. We have done a massclaim. Therefore, I was hoping, if you were scum, to catch a contradiction between lobster's claim and yours. The fact that I didn't is no big deal, but if there was a contradiction, you'd be scum. Seems like pretty good upside to me.
DocPotter wrote:Big Bird struck me as wrong as soon as I saw it. (and I knew that it is an lgb as one of my kids has it.)
Proof that you're grasping at straws. The theme of this game is Little Golden. Anything more, and you're trying to outguess the mod.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Try showing why you title claim isn't a failed fake claim, instead of attacking the player.
Proof that you're grasping at straws. The theme of this game is Little Golden. Anything more, and you're trying to outguess the mod.
Fail.

Vote MacavityLock
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

http://www.goldenbook.com/article.php?s ... enBookList

117-123 - Big Bird books.
266. Country Mouse and the City Mouse, The - Two of our characters (masons) from the same book.
272 - Curious Little Kitten Around the House, The - A townie is a character from the book.
609. Little Red Hen,The
817-825 - Poky Little Puppy books. Note that it is correctly spelled "Poky", but in this game, it's Pokey. I'm guessing this is a mod mistake.
739, 922-923 - Saggy Baggy Elephant books.
925. Sam the Firehouse Cat.
946 - Shy Little Kitten,The
947 - Shy Little Kittens' Secret Place,The
954. Sleepy Book,The
991-993 - Tawny Scrawny Lion books.

I found no books including the title "Little Duck", though I would imagine he's a character in some book.

I see some characters with multiple books, a book with multiple characters, characters not specifically named in books, and characters whose names are the sole title of a book. Also, a misspelled character name. What's the pattern such that I'm scum?
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by DocPotter »

I hate having to repeat myself to desperate scum.

"Sam the firehouse cat" doesn't fit the title format/style of the other books.
No other title mentions a building. No other title is a copyrighted character from a different company.

There are at least 2 Little Duck books. Little Duck and the New Baby, and Little Duck's Moving Day.
Notice what the flip was though. Little Duck.

How aboout I put it this way. None of the other titles are situational, whereas Firehouse cat is. None of the other books are other company, whereas Big Bird is.

To me this sounds like someone not thinking their fake claim through, or being given titles that deliberately didn't match the town.
Hence, scum
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:23 am

Post by peanutman »

Doc, I can't believe you are still on this. You have not included anything about your complete read through, and you've been a stickler on the same thing your predecessor has.

Let me answer your 330. For one, my timeline is correct.
At first, when you said I was off, I double checked, to make sure I didn't make a mistake. If you noticed in my original post, I said the times were based on EST, where I am, because of the time stamp I see next to each post. This seems like deliberately misleading to support your cause.

You asked if I found it weird that two people found the same thing. I do find it odd, when it's the same player slot, with the second person repeating the same thing. Nothing new, nothing additional. Just a "Big Bird isn't a LGB" (proved wrong when Lobster first brought it up). And then this
Big Bird is a seperate
Disney
character.
If you can't see a blown false claim then why do I bother.
If you're gonna bold something like that, as part of your major hunting effort, you better be straight about your facts. Neither Big Bird nor Sesame Street are Disney. This indicates to me that you are either just throwing accusations out with the role names without actually doing much research, or, what I was hoping much more from you when you came in, actual scumhunting. But I've come to realize that you aren't doing that because you know you're close to the end. Your predecessor lurked to lylo, and now you want to swoop in and finish the game with a mislynch without putting any real effort.

---

Also, reading through Lobster again, this strikes out at me.
Lobstermania wrote:I think peanutman is scum and made a fake-claim to hide his true title (probably The Good Humor Man).
Why would he say that the role is "probably" the Good Humor Man? Where did he get that name from? He obviously didn't search for Big Bird in LGBs, but he knew of this other character?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:02 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

DocPotter wrote:
Try showing why you title claim isn't a failed fake claim, instead of attacking the player.
Fail.

Vote MacavityLock
LYLO is not the time to be unreasonable like this. We're trying to find scum, and even if the correct way to go is to look at the titles, you cannot simply dismiss requests of/attacks on you as "fail". You have to tell us why it is fail, or you're not being of any help to us.

Vote: DocPotter
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Nice. I say Big Bird is a Sesame st character and doesn't fit the theme and you ignore it.

I mention that Big Bird is a Disney character, nicely bolded to make sure you see, and you're all over it.

Why did you ignore me when I said Sesame St?

Because you didn't want to draw attention to a failed claim, but were willing to attack my "Disney mistake"

Why can't you believe I am still hammering your outright scum slip?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Why didn't you address SC at all in the above post?

Voting someone solely for their nameclaim, when that nameclaim doesn't violate the stated theme of the game, in LYLO no less, is not a townie position to take.

Vote: DocPotter
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Not to mention that, if MacavityLock is scum, I'm shooting myself in the head.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Macavity. I was addresing you.

Not a nameclaim, a failclaim. nameclaim is a nothing tell. Fail claim is a big. huge, definitive scumtell.

SC, Lylo is the time to vote scum. I'm voting scum. What's your problem?

It is an attack on me personally. Not a defense of the failclaim. With a failclaim to defend/explain away, which they havent, why initiate personal attacks?

Notice the response to Lobster's mentioning the same fail claim.

Personal attack, not a defense.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:19 pm

Vote: DocPotter.
Should be obvious. Unless I miscounted again, that's the hammer.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

After arguing over what book the remaining ones claimed to be, it was decided that clearly one of the most commonly known ones must be the best to put back to the shelf today. Surely the entire argument of hunting specifically by names must be wrong. So, with much fuss and little time for remorse, DocPotter is sent back to the shelf.

DocPotter -
Tawny Scrawny Lion (Vanilla Townie)
- lynched D3

72 hours for all N3 actions.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Riceballtail »

After another grueling night, you find two more of your number missing.

StrangerCoug -
Country Mouse (Mason)
- Ran Over N3
Trumpet of Doom -
Little Red Hen (Vanilla Townie)
- Put to Sleep N3

Then there were three... and none of them wanted to share, but at that point, it was too late for totallynotmafia, as it turns out he wasn't actually mafia.

totallynotmafia -
Little Girl (from A Sleepy Story) (Serial Killer)
- Endgamed

Game Over!
Mafia Win!

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:08 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I'll have more post-game notes later, but for right now let me just say: SC, please don't shoot yourself in the head!
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 am

Post by DocPotter »

MacavityLock - Tootle (Untrackable Scum) - Wins
peanutman - Scruffy (Bulletproof Scum) - Wins
DocPotter wrote:peanutman Big Bird
Macavity Sam the Firehouse Cat

Wrong format for the story name guys.
Scruffy might have been a better claim Peanut lol
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 am

Post by MacavityLock »

So, our kill methods were tied to our true book names. The ones we used in thread were fakeclaims
as provided by the mod
. I really don't think RBT was trying to make us stand out in any way, so I have no idea how both you a lobster ended up fixated on that and
correct
that we were both maf.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:19 am

Post by DocPotter »

RBT dropped the ball there then, which is sad.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:29 pm

I love how people only listen to me when I'm wrong. :evil:

Frankly, we deserved to lose this game. DS, Panzer, Phlight, lobster, me...

totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Bugger! Congrats Peanutman and Macavity, I was so torn on who was scum I ended up drawing Trumpet's name out of a hat, I thought I had a 2/3 chance of hitting scum when really it was only 1/3 because Peanutman was bulletproof. Regardless of pulling the name out of the hat my head was still saying that Trumpet was scum, and because of Peanut's actions while we were waiting for the mason claim I was pretty sure they were scumbuddies. In hindsight I wish I had stuck with my initial thinking that scum wouldn't bus when they were so close to winning meaning that there would be town amongst Peanut and Trumpet, and thus Macavity would be the safest bet as scum. Actually though in the end Peanut pursuing lobster instead of trumpet looked like distancing to me, so well done on the Peanut.

I had a whole gambit planned where I was going to admit I was the SK the next day and that because I said my prayers the day before I was now a vanilla townie just to make sure the remaining townie wouldn't vote for me in lylo. I thought I pretty much had the game in the bag as long as I hit scum last night but that's because I hadn't even considered that scum might be bulletproof...I'm not sure how that would have gone down in lylo.

It's pretty funny because I knew that speculating on people's stories was useless when I began it because I had received a fakeclaim too - little cottontail - but I brought it up hoping that a townie would point out that scum often receive fakeclaims, and that they would hopefully think "well SK's usually receive fakeclaims too so if he was the SK he would know that speculating on people's stories is stupid so maybe he isn't the SK". I'm really surprised nobody brought up the possibility of the mod giving out fakeclaims.

Anyway, well done scum and thanks RBT for modding. I think town screwed themselves over a bit by constantly acting so scummy...all my votes throughout the game were genuinely thinking that that person had a high possibility of being scum. This is my second game and it's taught me a lot, namely that in future scum-hunting I should do a Costanza and go with the opposite of my instincts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”