Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Jack »

Leafsnail wrote:If you think he's scum, he's probably the doctor... I guess.

Jack
. Your posthammer exchange in which you marked Coug as town is now looking very suspicious. You gave no real reason for your change of mind (other than "meta?"), and couldn't tell me what, if anything, would make you think scum on him.
I was scum in another game and got him lynched as a townie in lylo. He was very suspicious. When you have a gut scum feel on someone, them having a scummy meta nullifies it.
Fat_Tony wrote: Jack trying to make himself valuable to the town by "correctly predicting" that Coug was town is dodgy as hell, and I already thought he was scummy, so this reinforces it.
Really? What a great plan that is. I didn't say he was town either, so...

Fat tony, can you explain your "cruelty and jack as mafia partners" theory to me?

Cruelty should be the lynch today.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Leafsnail »

But Jack - surely that should've set your suspicion on him to "null" rather than "town"?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Jack »

Leafsnail wrote:But Jack - surely that should've set your suspicion on him to "null" rather than "town"?
Yesterday:
Jack wrote: I'm actually dropping Coug from my scum list. He can be very scummy as town.
Jack wrote: We enter null tell territory here.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

BAH!
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Sorry Jack, let me rephrase that. The two players I find scummiest are Jack and cruelty. I don't necessarily think you're scumpartners - so far my reads have been way off in any case and I've wound up on two mislynches, so there's once again a good chance that my judgement is off on at least one of you (/pessimism). That said, we can't rule out the notion that you're distancing yourselves from one another to try and ensure the survival of at least one of the two of you if one of you busses the other, it gives the survivor more credibility

At this point, we also have to consider that some of the people we've been reading as town are going to flip scum. Add to this the fact that we're LyLo (I believe - do we know for sure we have 3 mafia? I'm not 100% up on game setup types), and things don't look good for us.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Just a quick note as I have to leave for work in a minute. I remain suspicious of Cruelty, Vivi and Jack but we are probably in LyLo so I'm going to have to reread and review everyone.

@Tony, we don't know for certain that there are three mafia but that's the most likely scenario in a 12 player game, and in light of the flips we've had so far, I think we should assume that to be the case and proceed with appropriate caution.

Regards,
Jazz
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 22:

Jack - (1) - Fat_Tony

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: March 31.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Since this is lylo, a massclaim may be in order.

And yes, I think I might've misread that one, Jack.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Jack »

I don't see a massclaim helping us. We have two neighbors, a doctor and a watcher down. I don't think it'll narrow down our choices that much.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Jack »

Leafsnail who are your suspects now?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Jack »

There's weirdly little to do this game. 7 alive, probably three scum, 4 town.I know I'm town. Jazzmyn replaced in and voted cruelty when she could have voted zang. That makes her town in my eyes. I've had a town read on Zhero all game.

That only leaves cruelty, fat_tony, vivi, and leafsnail. 3/4 are scum. I was going to put vivi in the town pile and post the other three as my scumlist but I read her in ISO and like it a lot less.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Jack »

Did a little rereading.
cruelty wrote:million dollar question.

I'd love to say TQO but he's too scummy to be for real.

I think scum is somewhere in
vivi,
SC, jack and agar. Need to re-read day 1 though.
He has vivi as one of the scum.
cruelty wrote: With regards to Zang I keep changing my mind. On the one hand, yeah he's scummy, but on the other hand his scumminess is barely believable. The problem is (much like TQO) that I don't really have a bad gut vibe from him - I can see his posts coming from newb town with a genuine desire to help and a naive propensity to find the scummiest way he possibly can to contribute.

Having said that, I'll get behind a Zang lynch if the majority want, I'm not going to push his wagon because I'm honestly not completely sold on his guilt (intellectually I'm aware the evidence is stacking up but my head has been wrong lately).

Vivi, as others have said has been next to useless (8 posts, no real info whatsoever). The more I re-read your posts the less I like you, I note specifically your attack on the TBM wagon (Vivi iso 7) and the convenient mini-assault on Zang (iso posts 4-8). The lack of posting makes a read difficult but I get a bad gut vibe, so
vote: Vivi
Big discussion of how he is unsure about and TQO, he gives all the reasons about why it's hard to tell new players alignment. But when it comes to vivi there is no talk about new players--he's done an ISO and finds many things suspicious. Bad gut vibe. Evidence.

cruelty wrote: For those curious, I was
voting Vivi in order to try to provoke some activity out of her
, which seems to have worked for now, so
unvote, vote jack
. I think that ties 3 people at three votes.
Complete reversal--Now the vote on Vivi was just to provoke some activity out of her. He voted her in 516 and unvoted in 525, after one post.
cruelty wrote: Incidentally vivi you need to step up your game. You're not involved, you're basically repeating points others have made (the above is a good example, you're just rewording Tony) and you're posting about once every 3 days. I suspect you're probably newbscum trying to avoid making errors, but what you're doing is very, very close to active lurking.
Now all the things he found very scummy about her, he has changed to mildly chastising her for doing. Compare to his post above where he talks about his ISO of her.

This last quote is what prodded me to reread and look at their connection. The "newbscum" bit, when "newbtown" is what makes sense in context stands out for me, because I recently made a very similar scumslip in a game (now finished). I referred to several lurkers I'd called suspicious as "newbtown" lurkers.

Vivi's posts today look like weak distancing from cruelty.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Zhero »

Still think Cruelty is scum, even more so now that Zang flipped town. That's two mislynched he's pushed to L-1 to make the game interesting. Jack's point above is a good one as well.

Not liking the massclaim idea; assuming we are in lylo that's 3 lynches we have to get right from here. Outing all of our remaining power roles (if any) at this point just paints targets on them, especially with the doctor gone.
Jack wrote:Vivi's posts today look like weak distancing from cruelty.
Not sure what you mean here, Vivi hasn't posted today...
-Zhero
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by cruelty »

Jack wrote:Jazzmyn replaced in and voted cruelty when she could have voted zang. That makes her town in my eyes.

lol.

I just had minor surgery so really I'm just popping in to say I'm still around, but the above elicited a little giggle.
the nexus of the crisis
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

This is me coming into the thread, and acknowledging that not a whole lot has happened since I last posted.

Unvote: Jack

I'm torn. My two strongest scum reads are Jack and cruelty. Jack presents a good anti-cruelty case, but my reading him scummy makes it hard for me to back that. Not saying I won't, but I'm hesitant at this stage.

I also disagree with his apparently strong town read on Zhero, there's something about his play I haven't liked but it's nothing more than gut feeling which is why I haven't really mentioned anything up to now.

I'm gonna re-read at some point when I've got a bit more time and try and get a better handle on this game as it seems to be slipping away from us.

Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 23:

Not voting - (7)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: March 31.
-Wickedestjr
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

Noone has mentioned this yet, but one interesting thing I found rereading SC was his accusations of cyanide before he got replaced out. Since noone else was posting anything about cyanide possibly being scum, it's likely that after being replaced out, he'd just fade into the shadows. As the only person suspecting cyanide, coug would be the one reading jazzmyn the most carefully and comparing her to cyanide.

Eliminating coug is a great way for the scum to get rid of the only person hunting jazz and let her essentially start on a clean slate with cyanide's actions completely forgotten.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by cruelty »

postulating a scenario like that is a great way for scum to deflect attention/bus.
the nexus of the crisis
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

postulating scenarios is pretty much the only way of scumhunting at this point.

Unvote
as I'm finding it impossible to assess who is scummiest, you or Jack.

Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Zhero »

So what are your thoughts Cruelty?
-Zhero
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 am

Post by cruelty »

My thoughts? I'm tripping a little on some sweet post-op drugs so the following may be a little chaotic.

I think it's pretty likely that Vivi is scum, which I think also implicates Jazzmyn (IF vivi is scum then post 641 reads like a weak attempt to bus).

Then I think that if Jazzmyn and Vivi are scum, Jack is the likely third (636). I find it interesting that Jazzmyn and I actually have fairly similar reads on Jack and Vivi (630), which makes me wonder about the implications of Jazz-town. I have a difficulty with her (which harks back to an earlier game) in that her posts towards/regarding me seem to convey a personal dislike (dunno if it's true) which in turn makes me see her as scummy. It's quite hard to get a read whilst ignoring that, so I'm not confident I can get an accurate read of her.

Then there's also the vivi-conundrum. We have a lack of posts, and the few we do see are scummy (in my eyes), but I'm not sure whether to chalk this up to being new or being scum. If I'm wrong about her then I can't follow a logical trail to Jazzmyn (although I find Jack independently scummy).

Sorry if this is a little nonsensical, I feel like my thoughts are coming in waves and I'm scrambling to type everything before the next one breaks. It's both deeply profound and deeply unsettling.
the nexus of the crisis
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Vivi57, Jazzmyn are being prodded now.
-Wickedestjr
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Vivi57 »

I just reread cruelty and one of the things that really sticks out is how he stuck his vote on zang. Zang complained that not much was going on in the game and wanted some activity. Cruelty responded by putting a vote on zang and his reasoning was "stagnation."

Given the information we have now, it looks much more like a panicking mafia trying to self preserve.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Sorry for my lack of activity the last two days; I was busy with my daughter's birthday and work and other stuff. But I've got lots of time now that it's the weekend to finish any remaining re-reads. I'm still most suspicious of cruelty, though.

Regards,
Jazz
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Zhero »

Not sure how 636 implicates Jack.

Sir C's posts definitely seemed scummy to me, still waiting for more activity from Jazzmyn to see where that goes.

I agree that Vivi's link in 641 seems weak, but I'm not sure it's much more than overreading the night kill. It's hard to get a read there one way or the other. That's the problem with Vivi's play in general, really.

We need more activity in this game, and probably prods on Jack and Leafsnail.
-Zhero

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”