Goon
MilesPrower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by MilesPrower »

I hate to triple post but I prematurely pressed submit:

From MSM3, Tar modding

0) Tarhalindur, Tarhalindur (from Real Life), Neutral Evil Overlord, Killed Like A Man Day 3

Bare any similarity to our vote count?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Tar's games have titles for vote counts too.
Fluff is fluff is fluff.
Read the other vote counts.
Business as usual.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
MilesPrower
MilesPrower
Goon
MilesPrower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by MilesPrower »

Fine. I get to say I told you so later :(
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by SocioPath »

No.
Because going to a single voting title, and saying 'oh hey, that voting title has words, those words could mean something' will lead to nothing.
There is nothing to be gathered from the titles that you can say ANYthing about let alone "I told you so".

Look at the other titles, why no comments on them?
You can't pick and choose them.
You can't pretend a single voting title has meaning and then ignore every other single one.
Perhaps thats just the first one you noticed.
Perhaps you are just insane.
Perhaps fluff is fluff is fluff is fluff.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I thought I had posted this, but I guess not:
Those saying that we shouldn't lynch the mod because it's a 'waste of a day' are probably scum. It's typical scum behaviour to say those things, because they want to appear as pro-town as possible. In their minds, they think that wasting a day by lynching the mod is anti-town, but the reality is that it is more pro-town to explore every threat that might be present in this town, which includes the mod.
Seven and dku stick out in my mind as those who said that lynching the mod is a waste of a day. Roboto did as well, iirc.
Because of this, I'm going to
Unvote.

Vote: danakillsu if danakillsu.votes < 5, else Vote: DiscoRoboto.

Hopefully this will make the mod move my vote to dku if someone else unvotes him. Until then, my vote goes on Roboto.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Seven wrote:I have reason to believe Miles is telling the truth.
Seven wrote:Not sure who suggested we kill the mod, but it's a stupid idea.
For reference.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

danakillsu wrote:Miles is wrong. The mods aren't playing in this game. But I'd like to hear what his "relationship" to them is, since it was apparently in his PM. The wagon on me is sad, considering what they have on me. But this latest statement by Miles irks me, so I'll
unvote (not sure that was necessary, but whatever)
vote: Miles
This is rolefishing. And it's the bad kind of rolefishing - it was plausible that MP would answer this, and that that would be a bad thing.
danakillsu wrote:I don't want my perceived meta to "protect" me. Honestly, if you think I'm scum, vote for me. But I know the truth about whether the mods are players, and I think Miles is too loosely paraphrasing his PM. Man, just because I wanted to help town by pointing out that Miles was wrong, I get a sizeable wagon on me! What's the world coming to?
unvote

because my vote obviously isn't going to pressure Miles into telling me more specifically what the mod told him. (And that was it's intended result)
More strawmanning of dana's wagon here. The wagon on him is not primarily for pointing out Miles was wrong. Playing the "no idea why you're all voting me :(" card very strongly. Open admission of wanting to know what MP is claiming.

I like my vote atm.

Other things:
DiscoRoboto: is dana scum? "Dumb town or caught scum" isn't much of a read. If he's town, how is he being dumb? How is he acting like scum who's been caught. You post makes me feel like you aren't really trying to read dana.

If a vig exists, and doesn't have any particularly exciting scumreads, he could consider taking a pop at a mod.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by SocioPath »

ALL I KNOW IS THAT ALL MY SCUMREADS SCREAM EXCITING.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:38 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

How Dana is being dumb? Have you even read his first few posts only, how does it make sense? Second RVS etc?
I thought I had posted this, but I guess not:
Those saying that we shouldn't lynch the mod because it's a 'waste of a day' are probably scum. It's typical scum behaviour to say those things, because they want to appear as pro-town as possible. In their minds, they think that wasting a day by lynching the mod is anti-town, but the reality is that it is more pro-town to explore every threat that might be present in this town, which includes the mod.
Seven and dku stick out in my mind as those who said that lynching the mod is a waste of a day. Roboto did as well, iirc.
I elaborated on this already. For as far as my experiences reach, lynching the mod is anti town. First time it was done, the hammer was by scum. Second time I planned it myself and set up the wagon as scum, as to waste a lynch.
No lynching the mod.
Xonar!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:52 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

SocioPath wrote:No.
Because going to a single voting title, and saying 'oh hey, that voting title has words, those words could mean something' will lead to nothing.
There is nothing to be gathered from the titles that you can say ANYthing about let alone "I told you so".

Look at the other titles, why no comments on them?
You can't pick and choose them.
You can't pretend a single voting title has meaning and then ignore every other single one.
Perhaps thats just the first one you noticed.
Perhaps you are just insane.
Perhaps fluff is fluff is fluff is fluff.
You are mostly right. Except for the fact Tar gives mod hints in votecount titles. Sometimes. I wouldn't overanalyze them but there could be valuable information.

That said, "multiple interpretations" appears to be a commentary on the Role PM stuff we are talking about now.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:20 am

Post by danakillsu »

Alright, time for a role claim.
I'm
magnus_orion
. There's someone in this game that's out to get me, but I don't know who it is. I'm town-aligned, and I think you can see why Miles was confused. My role-name is the same name as the mod! The mod's aren't playing, but someone with their name as their role is playing.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:32 am

Miles, can you confirm the text of your role to see if it fits dana's interpretation?

Also, being m_o doesn't make you town.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
MilesPrower
MilesPrower
Goon
MilesPrower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:35 am

Post by MilesPrower »

danakillsu wrote:Alright, time for a role claim.
I'm
magnus_orion
. There's someone in this game that's out to get me, but I don't know who it is. I'm town-aligned, and I think you can see why Miles was confused. My role-name is the same name as the mod! The mod's aren't playing, but someone with their name as their role is playing.
Throwing a theory out there:
Mister Dana this is Role Linked
You think there is likely a Kai Kai as well?

This would explain my Role PM. It makes me want to kick Mr Kai Kai in the shins :(
MilesPrower
MilesPrower
Goon
MilesPrower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:38 am

Post by MilesPrower »

UncertainKitten wrote:Miles, can you confirm the text of your role to see if it fits dana's interpretation?

Also, being m_o doesn't make you town.
Its non-role information, but its in my role PM.

It basically says:
Mods are in the game.

Nothing more than that. So, it would make sense I guess, but it doesn't confirm alliances or that someone is out to get dana.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Nikanor »

I shouldn't have said that Zazie is out to lynch the mod! Now I don't know if I gave danakillsu this idea or not. :/ I'm inclined to say that dku is scum, simply because he didn't claim a presence/absence of abilities. It makes it look like a fakeclaim.
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Seven »

Nik wrote:Those saying that we shouldn't lynch the mod because it's a 'waste of a day' are probably scum. It's typical scum behaviour to say those things, because they want to appear as pro-town as possible.
I've never considered lynching a mod before, I think you would have to be insane to just waste a day get no reads off anyone (mod included) and lynch.

DKUs claim fits Miles' PM info, but I don't see how it makes him town or why we should believe him.
"You smell like carnies and grade 9 date night."
Town (W/L): 1/2
Mafia (W/L): 1/0
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 5 of Day 1:

(
Conditional votes?
)

0. Kairyuu
(1):
ZazieR

1. Nikanor
(0):
2. Seven
(0):
3. UncertainKitten
(0):
4. smashbro_of_the_SSS
(0):
5. DiscoRoboto
(0):
6. danakillsu
(5):
EdFrost, UncertainKitten, Fishythefish, MilesPrower, SocioPath

7. SocioPath
(0):
8. MilesPrower
(0):
9. EdFrost
(0):
10. DTMaster
(0):
11. ZazieR
(1):
DTMaster

12. FishytheFish
(0):
danakillsu if danakillsu.votes < 5, else Vote: DiscoRoboto
(1):
Nikanor

Not voting
(4):
Seven, smashbro_of_the_SSS, DiscoRoboto, danakillsu

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to string someone up.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
MilesPrower
MilesPrower
Goon
MilesPrower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:32 am

Post by MilesPrower »

Not sure what to think of this right now:
Unvote

Need to think of things to ask dana.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 am

Post by EdFrost »

... You're .. Magnus?

I can dig up the games if necessary (I hadn't before) but in the queue for signing up for mini normals like .. must've been 4-5 months ago I suppose he had a terrible run of being scum like every game. He got into mine and was glad as hell he was vanilla townie.

With the length of the queue and preplanning, the idea probably came before the game and was getting set up and reviewed during that period (going from solely my (single) experience as a mod). If the mods are in the game...

I wonder if a vote for magnus would count towards Dana's vote count (this can now be tested with Nikanor's vote. It's at 5 now, if I unvote and vote for magnus, I would think it's the same person and wouldn't move Nik's vote)

Unvote
Vote: magnus_orion
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 am

Post by EdFrost »

Grr, didn't realize that miles was also on dana, screwing my plan up anyways. Well, lets see if a vote for one counts as a vote for another anyways.
RAWR
MilesPrower
MilesPrower
Goon
MilesPrower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by MilesPrower »

EdFrost wrote:Grr, didn't realize that miles was also on dana, screwing my plan up anyways. Well, lets see if a vote for one counts as a vote for another anyways.
I'm not voting dana ATM.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:You are mostly right. Except for the fact Tar gives mod hints in votecount titles. Sometimes. I wouldn't overanalyze them but there could be valuable information.

That said, "multiple interpretations" appears to be a commentary on the Role PM stuff we are talking about now.
At BEST, I view them as cryptic breadcrumbs.
Useless until you know how to decode it, as you rarely even know what to look for.
Which won't be until its too late, after you know everything anyways.

ON THE SUBJECT OF BREADCRUMBS:
I never waste effort hunting breadcrumbs regardless.
Breadcrumbs are for those that have to mask poor play behind a mask 'fore-sight' in order to try and manipulate their own claims.
I almost view the act of breadcrumbing as a scumtell.
Let play dictate validity, not word searches.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Prodding smashbro and Zazie. DTMaster becomes prod-eligible in approximately 12 hours.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 am

Post by danakillsu »

Alright, I miraculously got internet access today, so I can make another post. I do not have any abilities. I don't know who Kai Kai is, but I know that the person who is out to get me has the role name
Kairyuu
(the mod). So I think that should REALLY show why Miles was misled. I specifically asked the mod if he was playing, and he said no, although lynching him might do something. I don't believe it will do anything, personally.
@Miles
Could you please make an interpretation of your own PM based on this new information? I think it's really suspicious (in regards to "Kairyuu" being out to get me) that you knew something about "Kairyuu" being a player.
@all
Just ask yourselves if (taking for granted that I am magnus_orion) my playing style fits my roleclaim. That's all I ask. I believe it's clear that I was trying to help town by pointing out that Miles had a false interpretation of the way this game works.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:01 am

dana wrote:
@all
Just ask yourselves if (taking for granted that I am magnus_orion) my playing style fits my roleclaim. That's all I ask. I believe it's clear that I was trying to help town by pointing out that Miles had a false interpretation of the way this game works.
I think it's clear you could easily be a mafia lynchee as well as town lynchee. Hell, you could be third party!

Your roleclaim is imminently fakeable. Hell, it could just be fluff, but given this is linked role chaos, probably not.

...that said, a mafia lynchee would really give town a sorta advantage so I can't be entirely sure I want you dead yet.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”