Newbie 888 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Charlie »

My case is not crap. How judgmental of you! Why don't you let the others judge instead? And, the mind does not know what the eye cannot see. And my eyes don't see you as innocent as you claim to be. Especially that vote.
almightybob wrote:You've conceded every other point against me, and those concessions logically preclude your final assessment, as I just showed. Yet you continue with it.
That logic is so full of holes like swiss cheese. I vehemently protest your statements against me.
Kindness
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by pablito »

Vote Count

Charlie (2): boberz, almightybob
almightybob (1): Charlie

Not Voting: BrokenBlueprints, Kyiv

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline March 5th 9 am EST
Sup, later.
BrokenBlueprints
BrokenBlueprints
Townie
BrokenBlueprints
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by BrokenBlueprints »

I will be voting Charlie before the deadline. I am pretty much sure of this.

Bearing this in mind, what would be your closing statement (or whatever you want to call it) Charlie?
- Dishwater is pretty damn crystal compared to my personality
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by boberz »

And kyiv, i want to hear from you before the day is out.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Kyiv »

Charlie wrote:I have nothing on Kyiv's case against MT. If I do then I'll be defending MT and not myself. That is ridiculous. Kyiv, if you would be so kind as to attack me instead?
Did you already forget?

I'm fairly certain Charlie has given up, but I haven't. I'm still working on that case for Charlie, though I don't know if I can find anything on Flareonage.
TTFN
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Charlie »

No, really, I do feel that defending my predecessor for the scummy things he/they did is not the correct thing to do regardless of alignment.

Kyiv, what case are you talking about, the one "for Charlie"?

I'm not pleased that I'm the favoured lynch today. Almightybob, would you kindly unvote me for the sake of my well being?

Nope, no so-called "closing statement" beacuse I still don't think I'm the best to lynch today. How about giving me a chance in (and if there is a) Lylo?

List of scummies in decreasing order: almightybob, Kyiv, BrokenBlueprints, boberz.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Charlie »

Just in case I do get lynched: I'm going to flip townie, and I suggest to BrokenBlueprints to take a hard look at both almightybob and Kyiv. Maybe in iso, too.
Kindness
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by almightybob »

Charlie wrote:List of scummies in decreasing order: almightybob, Kyiv, BrokenBlueprints, boberz.
Whoa whoa whoa. boberz is now your least scummy player? How did that happen? What happened to this:
Charlie wrote:My opinion is that the last scum is between Kyiv and boberz.

You've totally crumbled in these last 2 pages Charlie. I think it's because you're the last scum.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Charlie »

To put it bluntly, both boberz and BrokenBlueprints stand in the same position.

And only cookies crumble. I didn't crumble; I'm just under a lot of pressure. Maybe it is because of your vote. Care to take it off for a bit, please?
Kindness
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 am

Post by boberz »

I am going to
unvote charlie
I played some f2f yesterday I saw this happen. Somebody does something a bit bad, everyone multiplies pressure on the person, they get worse and worse then they give up, then they flip town.

I will free you up to say something with less pressure charlie.

Actually deadline is approaching and you do look very scummy so I will
vote charlie
getting intimidated did not seem like your game earlier anyway.

In short I sympathise charlie, but it is probably you.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Charlie »

I shall upgrade my facepalm on you, boberz, to a headdesk. You've achieved nothing (for yourself anyway) with that last post of yours, I may as well replace it with "I like cookies" instead.

But I accept your sympathy. I guess I really do need it now. :)

Anyway, I have a point to make: Why do BOTH almightybob AND Kyiv pick apart my posts and decide to quote only parts of it? I dunno, it feels weird coz this isn't like a pick and choose thing.
Kindness
BrokenBlueprints
BrokenBlueprints
Townie
BrokenBlueprints
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:57 am

Post by BrokenBlueprints »

boberz wrote:I am going to
unvote charlie
I played some f2f yesterday I saw this happen. Somebody does something a bit bad, everyone multiplies pressure on the person, they get worse and worse then they give up, then they flip town.

I will free you up to say something with less pressure charlie.

<<<<< why didn't you just stop writing and decide not to sumbit your post here? >>>>>>

Actually deadline is approaching and you do look very scummy so I will
vote charlie
getting intimidated did not seem like your game earlier anyway.

In short I sympathise charlie, but it is probably you.
Just thought that was kinda funny
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Charlie wrote:unvote me for the sake of my well being?
"for the sake of the town's well being" would've been nicer
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Question that I'd like everyone to answer: What have I done that made you think I am not mafia? i.e. what part of what post, or what series of posts made you decide I wasn't mafia in your mind?
- Dishwater is pretty damn crystal compared to my personality
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Kyiv »

Charlie wrote:No, really, I do feel that defending my predecessor for the scummy things he/they did is not the correct thing to do regardless of alignment.
You asked me to attack you, not your predecessor. I'm trying to point out that I already have. Furthermore, I stated -in that post- that I was going to do an analysis of your entire slot. I'm not asking you to explain the actions of your predecessor, I'm giving my analysis of them.
TTFN
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Charlie »

Yeah, all right BrokenBlueprints, whatever floats your boat.

My answer is straightforward: we share the same analysis. As I've already stated earlier, I made an analysis pre-game and found that the likely scum is a lurker and also one who avoided PD. At that point in time, the people who fit the bill were myself and Kyiv. Go ahead and check my 2nd post in this game and you'll see what I mean. By that logic: me => town thinking, BrokenBlueprints =>town thinking ergo both town. Yeah?

Kyiv, I'm not happy with that attack. It still feels like "pick and choose". Perhaps it is time to upgrade your case?
Kindness
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Kyiv »

All I can say about Flareonage is that he lurked pretty hard (null tell), and that this looks very much like bussing. On his own, Flareonage seems neutral, but stick this on top of MT and it's really leaning scum.

Charlie enters the thread with his analysis of my play, followed up with a vote. His argument is based on the fact that PD outted me as his scumpartner and directly afterwards I disappear for a time. It's a very weak case based pretty much entirely on speculation (though it's forgiving). At the very end of his post is a lot more speculation and NK WIFOM that was probably best kept to himself. When Kunk looked to be the lynch of the day, he artfully sidesteps the entire wagon, feigning that he is going to reinforce his entire case on me. In fact, he ignores the kunk wagon entirely (Look at him in iso). Beginning of today, he opens with a case on RandomMaster, (bringing up some genuinely good points) and comments on the AB boberz debate stating that, "almightybob came out looking better. Boberz ended up with a slight disadvantage." He wraps up this case by voting me based on the same speculation from before. What happened to your case on RM?

What happened when you posted this? Was I not scum at that point? You failed to point out what about my case you agreed with, you just said you wanted to see more. With Charlie-scum goggles on, that looks to me that you want me to continue my drive on LS, especially when AB had stated earlier that he was thinking of posting his own case on him (though I think at that point he rescinded this.) Charlie could have gotten another Kunk-esque mislynch. But when Boberz did not look to be on board with this, he asked Charlie to expand on his thoughts of a possible LS scum. With AB missing, a lynch on LS could not occur and Charlie suddenly decides that the LS - PD interaction makes it impossible for LS to be scum, but fails to point out why he felt this. I point out that this looked like Charlie was trying to appease various people in the town (Me with my case on LS, AB with Charlie's analysis of the bob debate, and boberz for dropping the LS case). His response to my accusation I don't even understand, but to be fair I was not entirely clear either.

I don't know if I need to post any more on Charlie (his recent actions are fairly clear and have already been stated and analyzed to death), but I can if asked for it.
BrokenBlueprints wrote:Question that I'd like everyone to answer: What have I done that made you think I am not mafia? i.e. what part of what post, or what series of posts made you decide I wasn't mafia in your mind?
I don't. In fact... this post worried me. Asking permission to hammer in this manner is not generally a town thing. (Though I'm reading it as a joke for now.)
TTFN
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:38 am

Post by almightybob »

Broken wrote:Question that I'd like everyone to answer: What have I done that made you think I am not mafia? i.e. what part of what post, or what series of posts made you decide I wasn't mafia in your mind?
I already had a Town read on LS before you came in, and you haven't done anything to make me rethink that. You've seemed fairly pro-Town since you replaced in so I'm happy that my read on LS was accurate. For example, you showed that you reread the thread very carefully, which I consider to be a pro-Town move. Mafia already know the relevant roles, so they don't need to look for clues the way Town do.
Charlie wrote:By that logic: me => town thinking, BrokenBlueprints =>town thinking ergo both town. Yeah?
Remember when I called boberz Town because I recognised his attacking style as similar to my own as Town in the past? And remember when you said that it was a weak reason, based on experience and not logic? How come you're using
identical
justification now?

I thought you were joking when you asked me to take my vote off you earlier. It's two days till deadline.
I like my vote where it is, thanks anyway.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Charlie »

Brilliant case, Kyiv. With that you need only answer one question: Is it scummy?

Almightybob, the difference is time. How long ago was your past? I'm afraid that is a question that only you are qualified to answer. Therefore, my justification is augmented i.e. not same as yours.

And does it look like I'm joking? I'm under immense pressure right now, like a pressure cooker cooking steamed chicken. It does not look like I'm joking to me.

BrokenBlueprints, more input if you please.

Boberz...uh... lay off the sauce?
Kindness
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 am

Post by boberz »

I suppose I could have deleted my last post maybe I should have. It was an honest stream of thought though, not making it up, but I suppose only I can believe that.

LS-PD interaction that made me think they probably were not scum together:
Argument about medix wagon could have been avoided, no need for it begins LS iso #27
this develops into arguing about policy lynching, lurking as a scum tell. No need for them to do this. Unless LS was trying to coach PD, but I dont think that was likely.

BB posts that made me think he was safe:
You would have not made post #586 if you were scum, why make everyone look at you again.
You have had a jovial relaxed tone which is seriously good in my book, particularly for a replacee.
But it was the post #562 that made me think you were prob town. These were original points nobody else had made, you would not have been forced into making them.

Flare looking scummy:
I did not like the fact he refused to read up, even after people pushed him to do so. It screams of inward looking self defensiveness.
iso post #12 rolefishing
I felt flare lurked a bit aswell, a scum tell for me, but not a massively strong one.

I think that deals with everything that was asked of me.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by Charlie »

Cound either one of you bobs puh leeze unvote me seriously?

And regarding Kyiv's mention of me "sidestepping" the kunk wagon, she'll be calling out bandwagon if I was on it.
Kindness
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by almightybob »

almightybob wrote:I like my vote where it is, thanks anyway.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by Charlie »

What about me? I don't like it where it is.
Kindness
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Post by boberz »

Someone hammer him please, I cant waatch this pleading. It is like killing a rabid puppy.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Post by almightybob »

Charlie wrote:What about me? I don't like it where it is.
Frankly, I don't care.

If you have no real defence to offer, don't waste your breath asking nicely for me to unvote. It's not going to happen.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Charlie »

All right. That's cold, but understandable. Is a lengthy defence case from me going to change your mind then?
Kindness
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 am

Post by pablito »

Vote Count

Charlie (2): boberz, almightybob
almightybob (1): Charlie