jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by jeromus »

Farside - I just mean that your...well, general literacy has a habit of being substandard. Probably should've kept that'un to myself, but too late now. I simply mean that on occasion, sentence structure eludes you.

And Fate - What the bollocks? Should I form a case on myself for you as well? Seriously, you need to learn to justify your claims. Please give a clear, concise reason as to why I am a better lynch than anyone else? Why am I more suspicious than Starbuck?

KGO :)
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Azhrei »

[sarcasm]Wow, Fate, your amazing scumhunting skills convince me completely[/sarcasm]

However,
Vote: jeromus

Why?

Because he followed me straight away on voting pwnman (putting him at l-1, pre-claiming), piggybacking off my reasoning, he followed me and esurio both a little on Fate, his posting has been mostly humorous with little substance, and he hasn't really contributed much of his material. oh, and he keeps insulting me :P

However, I sense truth in pwnman's claim. With my quick reading of the wiki page on Lorne, the role makes sense. I'd say he'll probably get NK'd tonight, and I agree with Fate, there's no sense doing the scum's work for them.

Oh, and Fate, I will always, always vote for the scummier lurker over the plain lurker. I think the reasoning there is obvious.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Azhrei »

[sarcasm]Wow, Fate, your amazing scumhunting skills convince me completely[/sarcasm]

However,
Vote: jeromus

Why?

Because he followed me straight away on voting pwnman (putting him at l-1, pre-claiming), piggybacking off my reasoning, he followed me and esurio both a little on Fate, his posting has been mostly humorous with little substance, and he hasn't really contributed much of his material. oh, and he keeps insulting me :P

However, I sense truth in pwnman's claim. With my quick reading of the wiki page on Lorne, the role makes sense. I'd say he'll probably get NK'd tonight, and I agree with Fate, there's no sense doing the scum's work for them.

Oh, and Fate, I will always, always vote for the scummier lurker over the plain lurker. I think the reasoning there is obvious.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Azhrei »

ugh, sorry for double post, proxy screwed up.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Fate »

At least we can agree on something Azhrei.

No Jeromus, I didn't ask you to post a case on yourself. You already did with that abysmal player list...

Farside has poor grammar? That's a new one. I'd like to remind you of Rule 16 before you say any more...
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by jeromus »

My insults on you ARE my material, and the best I have! XD.
But really - I can get that, I'll admit, my play in this has been mainly wagoning. In fact, it's bothered me just as much - I guess tells are just far more obvious back in the newbie games; But as expressed in my post earlier - I have many neutral reads, with very little to go on. Also - Azhrei, I jumped on that wagon because I thought that a lynch D-1 was better than no lynch. Last I checked, that was the general rule, was it not?

Also - Fate - I imagine that you'll follow Azhrei's case here, since I didn't supply that which you wanted. And so, I have something for you.

Vote:Fate

Did you like it? I wrapped it up all purdy!

I find your methods of placing votes suspicious. It seems a mighty fine way of pretending you have a case when you're simply leeching off of other's reasoning. Gah.
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Got any of your own reasoning to add? Just because I agree with you, doesn't mean you get away with just uqoting things and using themas an excuse for a vote.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Azhrei »

The above was directed at fate, yay cross posting.

And that's hardly avery good defense, Jeromus. Why haven't you been putting in more effort during the earlier parts of the day, to get rid of those neutral reads?
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by jeromus »

And it was a comment. Just as my comments on Vaya earlier in the game were merely that. It's not necessarily related to suspicion or scumminess, but it is a comment. So :P

Also -Hot damn - Now it looks like an OMGUS, cause you were all "IMA POST WHEN YOU'S NOT LOOKING".

I'm sure that's EXACTLY your tone of voice whilst saying things such as that.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by jeromus »

And - Put in more effort? I am confused as to your meaning. I had a neutral read - Implying that I had naught to criticise or target. Please explain what it is that you mean?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Fate »

Jeromus, that's nothing new. You should have voted me in the last post, where in your whole list of players of people that were neutral, and pwnman who you were unsure of, etc.

I was the only player that was "high on your scumdar" yet you didn't even vote me until I voted you.

Play being frustrating does not make me scummy. You'll have to have better reasons than my "make a case on yourself" post to ES, which I have yet to do again with another player (apparently no one but Iam sees the town reasoning behind this).

I have taken strong stances throughout the game, as opposed to you who have merely bandwagoned (self-admitted).
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Azhrei »

You've done very little in the way of introducing new things, and seeing as you had neutral reads on everyone, that implies that they've either posted nothing that brings upon townie or scum in your eyes, or that they've posted a roguh balance of both. Surely, with further investigation on minor points, or rereading of certain players, you could've helped to either confirm them as either town or scum in your own eyes?

I know that wouldn't work for everyone, but I think it'd be worthwhile at least for a few players. I've been getting a lot of neutral reads too, but I have been endeavouring to get better reads on people (such as Vaya and Starbuck just recently). And hell, it even worked for Starbuck.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Azhrei »

gah, crazy cross posting madness is crazy.

Fate - I'm seeing your reasons just now, but why pre-jeromus' OMGUS, other than bandwagoning?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Fate »

Read 310 again. The reasons I list there existed before he voted me.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by jeromus »

But Fate, that was because I believed we needed a lynch. As I said, getting a lynch at all is generally a good idea, and I believe that both you and Pwnman are good candidates for such a thing. Before, I was expecting that a Pwnman lynch was the only way that such a thing would be accomplished - As you may have noticed, Pwnman has become considerably less voted; so I was now free to post my opinion.

And - AGAIN, I must say that it does not make you scummy to be frustrating, just as it does not make Farside scummy to have poor grammar. And it was not just that one time - You place your vote on me, saying it is self-explanatory. Deja Vu, huh?
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Just bandwagoning and the fact that you're the only one high on his scumdar? Oh, and the fact that you frustrate him? Anything else I'm missing?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Fate »

Deja vu? It was self-explanatory. Votes often are, or should be. Especially when a post is quoted. It also let Azhrei post his own reasoning for voting you rather than just piggybacking on to me, thus earning town points for him in my eyes.

"We just need a lynch." Agreed. However scum use that reasoning far more often than town just to push a mislynch through. Especially when a pwnman flip is barely going to tell us anything than "oh scum bussed him" or "oh he was bad town" with the former being much more unlikely for reasons I already stated.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Fate »

Azhrei you're missing the whole part about how lacking his town list is. He has only one suspect, me, and he doesn't even vote me. He's content with the pwnman lynch that is already in the works, rather than trying to start up a Fate lynch (since I'm scum in his eyes).
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

Oh man, now I have to follow Fate
again
. But seriously, guys:
jeromus wrote:But Fate, that was because I believed we needed a lynch. As I said, getting a lynch at all is generally a good idea, and I believe that both you and Pwnman are good candidates for such a thing. Before, I was expecting that a Pwnman lynch was the only way that such a thing would be accomplished - As you may have noticed, Pwnman has become considerably less voted; so I was now free to post my opinion.
Do you know why it looked like a pwnman lynch was achievable while a Fate lynch wasn't? Because people like, oh I don't know,
you
stopped voting for Fate and started voting for pwnman.

Suggesting that pwnman having lots of votes (a situation which
you
were partially responsible for) somehow prevented you from speaking your mind is preposterous. You were always free to post your opinion. In fact, you did:
jeromus wrote:I agree with Az - Pwnman is the most productive lynch with what we have today - Though Fate is a close silver.
See now, that doesn't look anything like "I'd rather lynch Fate, but that doesn't seem possible". That looks like "I'd rather lynch pwnman, but Fate would be good too". Isn't that odd?

I am so down with this wagon.

Unvote, Vote: jeromus
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Seven »

Fate wrote:Holy **** 12 pages and the only leads you have are the two with the least posts?
Gross misinterpretation. I said I wanted to look into him, how does this bar everyone else? 12 pages of posts, and the guy with the most votes is one of the people with the least posts (more importantly the least content). And me mentioning that I'm going to look at BV warrants me a HoS? Right, that makes perfect sense...
Fars wrote:Seven why do you not believe pwnman's claim?
Maybe this is just because it's my first theme game and I'm not used to this kind of roleclaim, and I understand that he is paraphrasing his role PM but the doc part seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Just watcher makes sense, but only scum would have any reason to lie about becoming doc if someone is going to be killed. If anything it seems like it would be a scum role. Watchers would be targetting people who are thought to be scum, and scum would not likely target those same people. Why give the doc role?

Jer's 294 is scummy. So many neutral and town-ish vibes... too easy for scum to hide behind. I also tend to disagree with most of what he said.

I looked in to BV and most of it was useless. I want more from him D2 but I can't see lynching him today as being useful.

Fate, pwn, or jer... Tough call. I'd say Fate is seeming consistent with his crappy scumhunting which suggests it's a playstyle issue, but at least is providing content. pwn has crappy scumhunting and is providing no content but has a crazy-ass claim. I'm waiting for a reply to what I said above before I think about him more. jer may end up being the best way to go all things considered. I don't know if I'll be able to come back before deadline so I'm going to
Vote: jer
. If pwnman is indeed what he claims we may gain valuable information D2.
"You smell like carnies and grade 9 date night."
Town (W/L): 1/2
Mafia (W/L): 1/0
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by Fate »

So my crappy scumhunting which netted a vote on Jeromus... the same person you voted... ergo your scumhunting is crappy as well?

DO NOT LIKE.

Also Watchers target people likely to be town, as Watchers see who visits them (unless it is the other kind of watcher that sees if the person actions or not), so yeah...
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Bleh. Tried to post this way earlier, and mafiascum was being slow as fuck and I couldn't get it through. Anyway.

---
Wow, looks like a lot's happened in a short period of time. I'm not crazy about the idea of a self-proclaimed VI being a power role, but the role and flavour appear to check out, so what else is there to do?

unvote

And now, here's something that's
really
throwing me for a loop: Fate's last few posts seem, like, ridiculously townie to me. I'm still not a fan of his playstyle, and I haven't forgotten nor entirely dismissed his manner of attack on me and how anti-town parts of it were, but the jumping on Seven's case for not having any suspects other than obvious easy ones thing combined with spearheading the jump to Jeromus while all the while waving his arms like crazy going "LOOK AT HOW QUICKLY THE PWNMAN LYNCH BUILT UP, THIS IS NOT A WAGON ON SCUM" really give me some pause. These things read townie to me because, this close to deadline, Fate could probably just coast along if he was scum, safe in the knowledge that the bandwagon on him dissipated. But no, he's as active as ever, trying to push new leads at the last minute, and, well... I just can't see scum going that far out of their way. I may need to do some re-reading of him now, to see if I can see his previous posts in this different light at all.

Jeromus... a lot of things bothered me about Jeromus' post before I even saw it bothered anyone else. The last minute declaration of, "hey, everyone needs to post their thoughts!" bothers me because this late in the day it's just going to tell scum who is viewed as the most obvtown, aka who they need to kill (if they're going to wifom against shooting pwn by assuming there's another protective role somewhere in the mix). He finds way too many people neutral, -- and here's the thing that really put up a red flag for me -- he says Azh is "aggressive and obnoxious".
What?
I did a quick iso of Azh to see if there was anything that struck me this way even remotely, and really, other than the whole personal attack on Fate thing, I didn't see anything I would define as such. But what I
have
seen is what seems to me like a fairly obvtown player. So jeromus saying his close irl friend is being aggressive and obnoxious tells the amateur psychologist in me that Jeromus sees Azh as a threat.

I could go on, dissecting his views on every player, but that was what bothered me most and bothered me before I could be influenced by anyone else's reaction to him, so that's what I'm sticking to for the sake of (relative) brevity.

Bv310's distrust of pwnman's claim even with the easily wikipediable name along with it bothers me. The claim seems rock solid to me, why the doubt casting?

Jeromus' 305 seems like he's throwing in the towel.

iam wins townpoints for digging up and exposing the latter Jeromus quote as evidence. Also, more okay with iam/fate connections now that I'm more okay with Fate in general.

vote: jeromus

upon refreshing the thread (YAY! it's up again) I believe this is
L-2
. Just so no one can say they didn't realize how close he was to hammer or anything. <_<

(btw, also upon refresh, Seven just kind of regurgitated the last two pages, didn't he? don't like his "hmm, fate, pwn or jer" thing like the fate or pwn wagons are exactly going anywhere. Smells like he's trying too hard to make his vote look more thought out than the rest of his post shows it is -- one sentence on Jer's much-discussed 294 from otherwise fairly wordy Seven? For shame!)
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by Fate »

TonyMontana wrote:
The BaM Ruleset: (stolen/modified from Xyl)

1.) Votes must be
bolded
and at the start of a line. If we don’t see it, we wont count it.
At Seven by the way.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

really give me some pause
*gives

(Yes, I'm really that much of a grammar whore. ;>_>)
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Fate »

(pssst don't call my town ES I don't want to die)

Just kidding. If I'm right about Jeromus I'll gladly take a NK and trade my life for a scummies' :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”