farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Frankly to continue a bit. DJ was fine and dandy with the game and is talking about replacing out now. I find DJ is scum that just got served a dose from his own comments about buddying to Disco's comment that I can't believe people are not voting for DJ at this point.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by don_johnson »

farside: you are making no sense. you quoted posts of mine and said "scummy", but haven't explained why. also, what is this "contradiction" you refer to? please try to keep it to 100 words or less. your quote wall hurt my eyes.

DR:
Disco wrote:1) Nothing. The conclusion was from your interaction with others. I wanted to test your reaction to outing it, too.
again. please point out what you are talking about. you said earlier that anyone reading my posts could discern that i was not a mason. well then, what was it about my posts that led you to believe that? oh, wait. its not my posts, its my interactions? okay, my interactions with who? please point out your reasoning. post references, names, etc. you know... evidence to back up your claims.
disco wrote:2) I was hoping Town would realise some more things about the set-up (which is partially obvious by now)
actually, its completely obvious. this is an OPEN set-up. we all know the set-up.
disco wrote:and was hoping to get the vanilla townies to deduce other things from it besides only your role, as they have a better view on who's teaming with who and behavior.
outing me as a vanilla only helps the scum team. outing me for a reaction which then reveals me as vanilla, only helps the scum team. if you think i am scum then you should have voted and built a case. as it stands, you haven't done either of those things.
disco wrote:Don, why did you eventually claim? Why did you feel the need to do that?
i was placed in an awkward position. it was the only way i felt i could explain myself and my indignation to your blunder. i.e. i felt i was doing a wonderful job of appearing as though i was possibly a mason. that entirely coincides with my aforementioned strategy which farside so conveniently quoted.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

Dj: see post 299 and 300 and get back to me with a response nano.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by don_johnson »

farside22 wrote:Did you read what DJ stated about buddying up?
Now put in the comment that disco said about DJ and DJ's reaction is to start critisizing Disco (this is after defending the guy) and call him scummy for what exactly? Did he say in his initial post that didn't contradict all his defense from before.
this doesn't make any sense. my initial reaction was one of bewilderment. i didn't attack disco until he started backtracking and spouting bullshit. i have said repeadetly: disco's actions ONLY helped scum. what he did was potentially out a mason. whether that mason is me, him, or someone on the fringe of the conversation, his action could have resulted in a mason claim, or a mason outing themselves inadvertently. his statement only makes sense from the perspective of him being a mason, and if he is a mason, it only makes sense as him being a really dumb mason. so if he's a dumb mason, then i'll move my vote. otherwise i see zero town motivation for his actions.
farside wrote:Frankly to continue a bit. DJ was fine and dandy with the game and is talking about replacing out now. I find DJ is scum that just got served a dose from his own comments about buddying to Disco's comment that I can't believe people are not voting for DJ at this point.
yes. my initial reaction to disco's incredibly idiotic statement was to replace out. i was extremely frustrated. so what? i really have no idea what you are getting at. your posts make no sense to me. neither of these posts you have asked me to respond to contain any questions for me. if you want to understand my reasoning, ask me a question. ask me a few. number them so i can easily respond to them so that others can understand what you are talking about as well. right now, you look like scum throwing a smokescreen.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

Flipping out and taking about replacing out for someone who you say did something idotic is scummy.
Second did you read your own comment about buddying up. mind saying you were buddying up and disco stating you were not mason after that?
Seriously I can't be the only one who caught on to what disco was implying with your buddying to him.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by don_johnson »

farside22 wrote:Flipping out and taking about replacing out for someone who you say did something idotic is scummy.
how so? townies don't get frustrated?
farside wrote:Second did you read your own comment about buddying up.
mind saying you were buddying up and disco stating you were not mason after that
?
what are you talking about? what is the question here? this makes no sense to me. i feel like the bolded is gibberish. try and restate it.
farside wrote:Seriously I can't be the only one who caught on to what disco was implying with your buddying to him.
disco seemed to imply that he was a mason, and that i was not. then he backtracked and said he wasn't a mason, but that he knew i wasn't a mason based on my posts. now he has further backtracked and claimed that he knew i was not a mason based on my interactions with others. to wit, he has not provided one shred of evidence to support any of his alleged stances.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Actually, I think I get what farside's trying to say better. Specifically, post 309 helped a lot.

Problems with Disco:
1) How does Disco pointing this out help town at ALL?
2) Although this explains why Disco didn't want to elaborate on it anymore, how does it explain him needing to claim? This question is much more distressing.
DiscoRoboto wrote:it would mean i'd have to claim my role. do you guys still want to do through with this?
Your explanation, farside, does not explain this response.

@don: Explain your vote on farside. It makes no sense.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

Did you read your own comment about buddying up?
mindgamer stated you were buddying up and disco stating you were not mason after that.
Do you get now what he was implying and doing with that statement?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

townies get frustrated but from going to hey all is cool and right to stating you want to replace after Disco's comment. That's one comment. That doesn't look like town frustration at all comment. I've dealt with the like's of empking thru many an argument now that's frustration.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by don_johnson »

farside22 wrote:Did you read your own comment about buddying up?
yes. i made the comment. and i have read it.
farside wrote:mindgamer stated you were buddying up and disco stating you were not mason after that.
okay.
farside wrote:Do you get now what he was implying and doing with that statement?
i answered this:
dj wrote:disco seemed to imply that he was a mason, and that i was not.
i don't understand what he was doing with the statement. it frustrated me. his subsequent inability to explain himself leads me to believe that he is scum. there was no reason whatsoever for him to make his statement as town. at least he hasn't stated any reason yet.

i still don't get what you are trying to say here, and why you think i am scum for being pissed off with Disco.
farside wrote:townies get frustrated but from going to hey all is cool and right to stating you want to replace after Disco's comment.
when he first made the comment it read to me as though he was claiming mason. if he was, then as far as i was concerned he was fucking town in the a$$. that frustrated me. then he backtracked on his softclaim. that made it worse. i was pissed. i didn't want to have to claim, but i didn't see any other way to explain my actions. as he has continued his backwards tumble, he has me convinced(at this point) that he is either a dumb mason, or scum. more likely scum, so he has my vote.
PE wrote:@don: Explain your vote on farside. It makes no sense.
farside latch onto the suspicion DR put on me seemed very scummy. i still find her extremely scummy. like i said: DR is either mason or scum imo. i was waffling on whether to pursue him because i would rather not out a mason on day 1(or more than one). hewitt put together a rather succinct post explaining things in a way i could not, and DR's floundering convinced me that my initial instinct was the better option: push DR.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Excedrin »

farside22 wrote:
townies get frustrated but from going to hey all is cool and right to stating you want to replace after Disco's comment. That's one comment. That doesn't look like town frustration at all comment. I've dealt with the like's of empking thru many an argument now that's frustration.
So frustration isn't scummy. OK. Note also that everyone has their own limits.

What part of his post seemed like panic?

I had almost the same reaction that don_johnson had (I wasn't as frustrated), I don't think his reaction is scummy at all and his frustration seems genuine.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by hewitt »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Hoping you'd guys figured out without me saying I'd have to claim to explain.
How does deducing from DJ's posting that he's not part of the Masons necessitate you having to claim for you to explain yourself. You're having huge consistency issues.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

Excedrin wrote:
farside22 wrote:
So frustration isn't scummy. OK. Note also that everyone has their own limits.

What part of his post seemed like panic?

I had almost the same reaction that don_johnson had (I wasn't as frustrated), I don't think his reaction is scummy at all and his frustration seems genuine.
Did you not even read what I wrote? You quoted it. I said going from cool to I wanted to replace based on one person is scummy.
Are you saying DJ's reaction looks normal?
dj wrote:i'm not exactly sure what's going on here. DR is acting like a jack ass. if he wants to be lynched, then i'll vote for him. tbh, i am considering replacing out of this game. i don't know what else to do here. DR seems to have some insight as to my role. he needs to explain himself at this point, but i am not sure if he should as revealing role information unprovoked on day 1 only helps scum. if he's not a mason, i am fine with lynching him. if he is a mason, then 218 is quite possibly the worst post i have ever seen on this site. in fact:
He went from defending to basically freaking out in my view.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by don_johnson »

farside22 wrote:
He went from defending to basically freaking out in my view.
read it in iso. my initial reaction is a *facepalm* and nothing more. when he backtracks, i sarcastically ask him if he wants to be lynched. then giving it further thought, i vote him. i switch to you because it felt like you were just latching onto the suspicion and confusion that DR's statements helped create. you still seem to be misrepresenting my actions. i have been actively assessing the situation and answering all questions tossed my way. DR has changed his story several times, and the answers he has given have negated any of the situations in which i believe his post could have been town motivated. therefore he is most likely scum at this point. imo, if he's not a mason, then he should be lynched. if he is a mason, then town's going to be fighting an uphill battle.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:24 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Sigh this is going to be boring :|
don_johnson wrote:DR:
Disco wrote:1) Nothing. The conclusion was from your interaction with others. I wanted to test your reaction to outing it, too.
again. please point out what you are talking about. you said earlier that anyone reading my posts could discern that i was not a mason. well then, what was it about my posts that led you to believe that? oh, wait. its not my posts, its my interactions? okay, my interactions with who? please point out your reasoning. post references, names, etc. you know... evidence to back up your claims.
Your interactions are stated in your posts? I don't want to point it out right now, because it won't add anything. You've outed yourself already, so yeah. I still think you don't play like a mason.

disco wrote:2) I was hoping Town would realise some more things about the set-up (which is partially obvious by now)
actually, its completely obvious. this is an OPEN set-up. we all know the set-up.
Was talking about who's what etc. waste of space? yahs.

disco wrote:and was hoping to get the vanilla townies to deduce other things from it besides only your role, as they have a better view on who's teaming with who and behavior.
outing me as a vanilla only helps the scum team. outing me for a reaction
which then reveals me as vanilla
, only helps the scum team. if you think i am scum then you should have voted and built a case. as it stands, you haven't done either of those things.
That part was not within my range of control.

disco wrote:Don, why did you eventually claim? Why did you feel the need to do that?
i was placed in an awkward position. it was the only way i felt i could explain myself and my indignation to
your blunder.
i.e.
i felt i was doing a wonderful job of appearing as though i was possibly a mason
. that entirely coincides with my aforementioned strategy which farside so conveniently quoted.
: (

... apparently not.

what he did was potentially out a mason. whether that mason is me, him, or someone on the fringe of the conversation, his action could have resulted in a mason claim, or a mason outing themselves inadvertently.
Can be applied to pretty much every post regarding roles.
Seriously I can't be the only one who caught on to what disco was implying with your buddying to him.
My thoughts exactly. :shock:
then he backtracked and said he wasn't a mason
Backtracking from something I did not say?
he has me convinced(at this point) that he is either a dumb mason, or scum. more likely scum, so he has my vote.
Your ability to draw conclusions is limited, that's all I have to say about this.
How does deducing from DJ's posting that he's not part of the Masons necessitate you having to claim for you to explain yourself.
You're having huge consistency issues.
My logic only makes sense when you factor in my role. Too bad that at this point this could mean anything.
The underlined I take as an insult. You're nasty, mayne. :cry:
DR has changed his story several times,
and the answers he has given have negated any of the situations in which i believe his post could have been town motivated.
Explain
both
... with quotes please.
Xonar!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

off to work this morning. i will explain both statements for you when i return home.

in the meantime, would you like to explain:
disco wrote:Your interactions are stated in your posts? I don't want to point it out right now, because it won't add anything. You've outed yourself already, so yeah. I still think you don't play like a mason.
so you want me to point out evidence to back up what i'm saying, but you don't want to produce eveidence to back up what you are saying. please quote exactly what it is in my posts that led you to your conclusion. you may think it might not add anything, but it certainly can't be any more useless than your last post. c u later.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:54 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

It's hard to explain... It's just that you don't interact like I know a mason interacts with other players. Also, your buddying with me was one that partially sparked it.

As you've probably noticed by now, english is not my 'main' language.
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:27 am

Post by farside22 »

Dj: Are you seriously going to say this is the line that drove you to the edge?
disco wrote:Since when is what I did a scum tell?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:32 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Farside: Did we lose our mod?

And, if you're still there:
Mod: Pwnman has disappeared... again. He's taken McGriddle with him. Prods please.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:54 am

Post by don_johnson »

DR: if english isn't your main language that may explain some of the issues i have. this afternoon i will put togethr a post explaining what i promised earlier.

farside: what are you talking about? what "edge"? and why are you cherry picking that particular quote?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 am

Post by farside22 »

don_johnson wrote: farside: what are you talking about? what "edge"? and why are you cherry picking that particular quote?
DJ wrote:how so? townies don't get frustrated?
far wrote:He went from defending to basically freaking out in my view.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 am

Post by farside22 »

mod search:
I sent a PM to the mod of this game. I will give him 48 hours to respond. I note he hasn't been to this game since Thrusday.
If he doesn't pick up the prod in 48 hours I will assign the next mod in the Open Queue to mod this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Oh and just to clarify to DJ because the quotes don't make sense. You did a facepalm asked Disco if he wanted to be lynched. That was his response and you flipped out to the point of scummy to me. It is a mini tatrum of being caught and proceeding it with an OMGUS vote.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Mindgamer »

First, I want to request a deadline extension even though the mod is apparently not here. The deadline is reached in two days and this game has the no majority = no lynch rule. That's not fair if there is no moderator to prod players (Pwnman, McGriddle).

This game confuses me. It's basically been Don_Johnson vs Farside22 so far and I don't like it how the other players seem to have lost their voice. I already didn't like Don_Johnson but my dislike has grown even more. Mostly because of the 'frustration' argument. DiscoRoboto is annoying in this game, but not to the point where one would consider replacing out. That's just bullshit. I'm also going to
FoS
Excedrin for defending Don_Johnson's frustration.

As for DiscoRoboto himself... the claim now is that he was fishing for reactions. What have we learned? Summarise that for me please.

Deadline in two days. Normally I would talk about my favourite lynch candidate (Don_Johnson) but seriously, let's just extend this deadline.
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 am

Post by water_foul »

farside22 wrote:seeing this I'm curious to know if WF would put Disco at l-1.
Yes I would, like I said I believe that he is scum but I want a full day
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Return to “Completed Open Games”