Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Furry »

Haylen wrote:who iz zee sucka?
I iz not a sucka hun
Temporary unretired alt
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Furry replaces Horrordude0215, effective immediately. Give Furry a big round of applause!
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Max Willis, lieutenant governor of Liten, stared angrily at Sarah. "How can you say he's right? What he's suggesting is murder, plain and simple. It's not right!"

"And what happens when the Arkons try to murder us themselves?" inquired Leslie Hampton, the economics advisor for Liten, nicknamed "Furry" due to her affection for wearing synthetic fur coats. "No, the Governor and the Security Chief are correct. Preemptive striking is our only option."

"I must protest--"

"Max, I have spoken," Sarah told him calmly. "I have made my decision, and it is final. Now, we must get on with determining who is or isn't an Arkon."

The First Replacement Vote Count

(1) Slaxx: Nicodemus
(2) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel
(2) Pulindar: Sanhora, Sniper
(4) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, SFG, Haylen

(1) SFG: Crypto
(1) Steam-Powered Shovel: Slaxx

Not Voting: Max, Furry

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: March 11th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Pulindar »

Hello Furry, welcome to the game. Take a little look through and feel free to give your thoughts.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Furry »

Well lets start this

(17) - What is the point of this survey? All I see is noise potential (also correct answers to 5-8 are yes, yes [in nearly all instances], no, no. There is no debating this. If everyone followed those, town would win far more games)

(43) - Someone understands baseless wagoning. That said it makes him probably town.

(53) - No seriously. This is a bad vote. I can come up with at least some justification to vote three or four people here, SPS is not one of those.

(61) - Scum or inability to understand usefullness of bandwagons? Interested to see how this develops as the game continues.
*Side note - Random wagons in the early stage are very good things. Too many newbies now adays completely fail to understand this.

(74) - Its obviously a joke. You even trying to make it not one is scummy.

(75) - I love you. Seriously. See people this is why you are supposed to wagon people.

(80) - Take back the 'I love you' for bringing up overdefensiveness. That is by far the worst tell that people use. I absolutely hate it when people try and say that its a scumtell. If you want me to get really deep into this I will, but for now I am sticking to calling it a tell against the accuser as opposed the the accused.

(100/102) - This is basically my thought process regarding (74) that I brought up before

(115) - Waiting for reasoning here, always love it when a scum read wants a town read dead.

(118) - What is the point of this question?

(124/128) - I still want an answer to why you asked (118). This isnt one.

Done with six pages

Crypto and Nico are scum. SPS is town, probably SFG and maybe Plundir.

Would be voting Crypto at this point but im not putting one down untill after I get done with my read.
Temporary unretired alt
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Haylen »

Nico's lurking, screenie taken a few mins ago.

Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

yeah i said that earlier.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

I'm not sure how significant that screenshot. I show up on that list too, but I was just re-reading Face-to-Face mafia. But we'll see what he has to say for himself.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by crypto »

Holy shucking fit. Horrible. I'll start flaming Furry tomorrow. You get a front row seat this time, Nicodemus.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by SFG »

Slaxx wrote: @SFG: Why would you out that you're going to take the vote off? Why not just do it when it happens and check for reactions?
Because I've already stated that as my intention for mild pressure votes in a previous post.

@crypto, why are you accusing me of trying to get out of scumhunting when at least volume/effort wise I've done more scumhunting than more than half the town? That makes no sense.

Also, I would not like to see the first lynch before the game progresses farther towards midgame.
(for those who need definitions, pregame = RVS. early game = cases are grasping at straws, very little content. middle game = cases based on accumulation of scumtells and other similar things, or occasionally a cc or obvscum. late game = most everyone is sure of their reads, and these reads have the proper number of scum and town (but not necessarily agreed))

@Furry, welcome to the game, sorry that you are currently reading me as scum. It would have been much easier on everyone if you noted who you were talking to in your quick readthrough, because I really don't feel like opening up a seventh MS tab to try and figure out what all of these posts were.

One more thing that bugs me. You guys keep saying "x and y are scum" like there is no possibility that they aren't. This early in a game, how would you know? If you were saying "x and y are town" like that, I would call it a scumtell.
The textwaller of d00m
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by SFG »

I wonder if there is an availability bias at work here. I'm always considered scummy. I always have the most post volume, word for word. Because I have more post volume, I have more potential to say things that can be interpreted as scumtells, therefore people find more scumtells in my posts simply because there is more post, and therefore they decide that I must be scum because of the sheer volume of scumtell.

This is not unlike the time when someone found 11 misinterpretations in my 157 posts and decided that since there were so many "lies" it provided conclusive evidence that the townie I was must be scum.
The textwaller of d00m
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Hi Furry
Can't say I agree with your reads ATM. Will wait to see what you think after you finish reading the whole game.
Max wrote:
Q1
: Who do you believe is the partner of the player you are voting for?
Speculating on scum partners before a single scum has died is jumping the gun.

And guys, stop posting page-stretching images.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Furry »

crypto wrote:Holy shucking fit. Horrible. I'll start flaming Furry tomorrow. You get a front row seat this time, Nicodemus.
*glee* I luv me a good fight. If my read of you holds I welcome it with open arms
SFG wrote:@Furry, welcome to the game, sorry that you are currently reading me as scum. It would have been much easier on everyone if you noted who you were talking to in your quick readthrough, because I really don't feel like opening up a seventh MS tab to try and figure out what all of these posts were.
Actually I have you as probably town (as mentioned). Through six pages thats my second best town read. Will note who I am talking about in the future though, although most of the tells I brought up are on crypto and Nico. This also means the ones I havent been commenting on are null-neutral
One more thing that bugs me. You guys keep saying "x and y are scum" like there is no possibility that they aren't. This early in a game, how would you know? If you were saying "x and y are town" like that, I would call it a scumtell.
heh... something tells me you are going to think im scum then eventually in this game. I get much more volital about my town reads then my scum reads since they tend to be much better. Confidence is something that translates to support in cases though.

Will try and finish my read tonight
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Furry »

(Slaxx - 169) - Lots of words but no clear cut A>B suspicions. There is a distinct line between who he thinks is scum and who he doesnt think is scum, but that is as far as he goes. There is no A is scummier then B. Would like to see this fleshed out.

(Adul/Nik 171/174) - Finally we have people pushing for more direct content. This game has been all over the place for the most part and things need to start getting zeroed in

(crypto 180/181) - This policy? Also explain your read here. You seem to just wave your hand and expect us to get it. What other site meta are you looking for though.

(plundar 191) - What the basic case? I dont see this as anything but policy

(crypto 208) - Having a similar thought process is usually somewhat indiciative of similar alignment. Go back and look at your past games, people you agree with usually share an alignment.

few more things through page 10. No real changing reads right now. For people like sniper im from the thought path of lynch others first and connect them as scum or town from there, or just wait for them to get replaced ($20 says sniper is replaced by the end of the month at the latest.
Temporary unretired alt
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Pulindar »

@ Furry: On Sniper, kinda. I don't have the time to make the case right now, check my signature. sorry.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Sniper
Sniper
Townie
Sniper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Sniper »

Ima townie! And I don't have bad gas anymore...no need to vote me out and waste your chance to get crypto while you can!
I'm part of the Town...I'm running for Mayor next month.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm giving Pulindar five days of V/LA (the normal amount of time someone has to post before they get replaced). If he hasn't returned by then, he'll be replaced.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Haylen »

might as well do it. Capture that pawn!

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Nicodemus »

OK, just reread the thread, and here are my scum reads:

1. Nikanor

I'm pretty sure that Nikanor is scum. Voting for horrordude for accusing slaxx of naming his scumpartner seemed really off compared to how defensive she got over crypto's RVS case against her. I realize that it won't carry as much weight when I say this, since I'm the one who she attacked, but the way she voted for me seemed suspicious too. She posted once, saying I looked scummy, and then posted a second time with the actual vote. We were so close to the start of the game there (page 4 iirc) I see no reason to refrain from voting for someone that you see as scummy. Various posts throughout the day have struck me as suspicious as well.

2. Sniper

I've seen trolls and newbs aplenty before, and Sniper looks like scum who is pretending to be both. None of his posts seem genuine to me, and I'm pretty sure that he is scum as well. Plus, Sniper being scum dovetails very nicely with Nikanorscum, as Nika threw out several defense posts for Sniper early on. I am fairly confident in this scumpair, but since Sniper is anti-town as well as probable scum, I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Sniper
. Best case scenario, we get scum, and worst case, we get rid of the least productive member of the town.

3. Sanhora

Not nearly as confident on this one as I am of the first too, but I'm getting scummy vibes from Sanhora as well. The catch-up post that he posted just seemed off to me.

4. Slaxx

Basically see above, and substitute Slaxx in for Sanhora. I'm not feeling like I'm getting the full story in Slaxx's posts, and I'd like to see more from him.

So anyway, my guesses for scumteams are Nika=>Sniper and Sanhora=>Slaxx
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Nicodemus wrote:Voting for horrordude for accusing slaxx of naming his scumpartner seemed really off compared to how defensive she got over crypto's RVS case against her.
She never voted for horrordude. "Stop making things up." does sound unduly harsh though, so I'll give you that.

What do you have to say about post 305?
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:Voting for horrordude for accusing slaxx of naming his scumpartner seemed really off compared to how defensive she got over crypto's RVS case against her.
She never voted for horrordude. "Stop making things up." does sound unduly harsh though, so I'll give you that.

What do you have to say about post 305?
I say that I'm playing in another game right now that needs more of my time, as well as the fact that I wasn't really feeling up to posting here yesterday.

You're right, Nika didn't vote for horrordude, my bad. She did call him out for it though.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Slaxx »

Any particular reason you're connecting me and Sanhora?

Any particular reason that the case on me is the same as Sanhora despite a totally different playstyle, post count, and suspicions?

So you're okay with a sniper policy lynch?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Haylen »

Furry wrote:
Haylen wrote:who iz zee sucka?
I iz not a sucka hun
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! FURRY! :D *hugglez*

And now, i have another 10 games to read at least...

SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:42 am

Post by SFG »

Honestly, I'm starting to thing Haylen is town because she's playing so badly :P
The textwaller of d00m
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Haylen »

SFG wrote:Honestly, I'm starting to thing Haylen is town because she's playing so badly :P
Thank you! ^.^ I have a proud tradition of failure as town to uphold.

Return to “Completed Open Games”