Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Kison »

Day Two: Vote Count

Skill006 (
) : PranaDevil

Not Voting (
) : Phaen, Zorblag, jammer, jmurph3, Skill006, RayFrost

With
alive, it will take
votes to lynch.

The day's deadline is currently set to:
March 23rd, 2010, 11:59:59 PM, EST

Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by Phaen »

Checking in! I sort of forgot about this game... time for a re-read. Real post tomorrow, promise ~ ♥

Where is everyone?
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 am

Post by RayFrost »

Okay, to answer the call of my infernal instinct and insanity, I will...

Vote: jammer

Here's the deal.

I think skill / jammer = scum (at least one of the pairing), but i have no real preference.

Skill already has a vote, so there's already somebody on her case.

I'm going after jammer more than skill because, as far as I've seen,
nobody else
sees that jammer is scummy.

So, here's the deal.

Neither jammer nor skill have really contributed a large amount.

Jammer's posts, though they seem large, consist mostly of quotes. I feel that the large number of one-liners done by jammer is masked by the fact there are huge ass quotes in his posts.

Many of his one-liners are more questions and slight prods towards other players to get them to state their reads while not really contributing much as to his own reads or analysis.

You can't be town by just making others do all the work.

This is what jammer is doing.

So he's scummy to me.
don't you feel silly now?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:34 am

Post by PranaDevil »

To make it easier I'll place each of my posts that I made about Skill in quotes here, so this is all old posting, not fresh. Also, clicking my name prior to each main quote block will take you to the post itself as well (So you can look at context surrounding it if so wishing):
PranaDevil wrote:
Skill006 wrote:
jmurph wrote:Twice now has fuzzy called for a lynch, knowing that either person could in fact be town, for the sheer fact of uselessness. The only people that I know who would actually call for a lynch of town is scum.
Day 1 lynches are rarely scum, so someone who isn't contributing to the discussion or someone who is playing anti-town-ishly would be ok lynches, especially if we have nothing else to go on. Its better than a no-lynch, especially with the possibility of actually hitting scum. Besides, scum
want
to keep useless town players around.
Without wanting to stray into WIFOM territory... wouldn't scum want to at least "appear" to be scum hunting? Thus pushing for a lynch on "useless" townies is a benefit to them.

However, more importantly (to me at least) is the first part of that paragraph... okay, Day 1 lynches are rarely scum, true. But why does that make "lynch so-and-so, they're being useless" somehow a worthwhile strategy?

We don't need to just lynch someone for being useless, or not contributing, or playing anti-town-ishly, because we do have quite a wide array of things to go on. At this stage anyone who hasn't got some good suspicions on a minimum of 2 people hasn't been reading the thread.

Actually, I just went over Skill's posts, and something struck me (no, I'm not bruised, but thanks for the concern). Skills lack of any real voting, or lack of any serious scum hunting (and pretty much universal defending of everyone) has been mentioned, as has her admission at the start that she's not a good scum hunter.

But this one seems to have bypassed us all:
I don't jump on bandwagons, period. Even when I know the victim is scum (yeah, I know, real smart). Well, I guess you wouldn't know this.
So people can look it up, it's this post

So, a quick rundown of some facts Skill has mentioned of herself in this game:

- Bad at scum hunting (Possible cover?)
- Has done no voting since RVS.
- Solely defending people, not hunting (Possibly trying to keep everyone on side?)
- Refuses to jump on a bandwagon, even when she "knows" the victim is scum.

How would she even "know" the victim is scum short of being their scum buddy? And even if it's just a turn of phrase (possible, but a strange wording, as "think" would be better for a town player surely, as none of us know who is scum and who isn't), that doesn't scream pro-town to me... in fact it's decidedly scummy, as the one and only way for town to win, is for us to have a majority vote for scum, the only way to do that, is to have a bandwagon form to lynch them.

With all that, Skill has jumped right to near the top of my list of potential scum. Which to me leaves 3 possibilities for lynching now (Apathy, fuzzy, or Skill).
PranaDevil wrote:
As for Skill, I'm still unsure. Wanting to defend people who are being targetted wrongly? That's fine by me, but defending everyone is... a strange tactic, if you don't make some form of attack, you're also not pressuring potential scum, just asking people to explain further why they think things (potentially drawing things out and making it harder to read... not that I've helped with that previously).

The jumping off of Ray despite knowing he was scum in a previous game... that's fine, you make mistakes, but what happened in that game regarding that should solely be used to learn not to make that mistake again, not used as a reason for not doing something in this one when it would lead right back to the same direction (not voting someone you believe is scum).

Also, in the same post we get from Skill:
Well, right now I'm not voting anyone because apathy is making us wait(s'already been two days) and I want to see jammer's defense for my case.
Which is followed up just a few paragraphs down with:
vote:jammer Not only am I suspicious because of my case, but he needs to start talking. He has the least amount of stuff in this thread, now, and I could almost call him out for active lurking if it weren't for the fact that I'm pretty convinced he is gone due to RL issues.
Erm... you want to wait to vote to hear his defense, but will still vote for him?

Right now, Apathy still feels like the right choice, I feel Apathy is scum regardless, but I'm starting to get more of a feeling Skill could well be scum, even more so when you consider the rather weak case on jammer (to me at least) followed up with a vote on him a mere 2 days before deadline, when it's highly unlikely to end in a jammer lynch, as though voting just for the sake of it so it can't be said she hasn't voted.
Then of course there's the couple from D2 so far. But them's the in depth things on Skill. I've also removed the non-Skill related stuff from the second quote as it was completely irrelevant for this.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

PranaDevil wrote:To make it easier I'll place each of my posts that I made about Skill in quotes here, so this is all old posting, not fresh. Also, clicking my name prior to each main quote block will take you to the post itself as well (So you can look at context surrounding it if so wishing):
Cheers, Prana.

I could see it being either Skill or Jammer at this point, but I am neither sure as to which I am more suspicious of, and I don't think it's both, mainly just because of the fact of:
Skill006 wrote:
Mafia

jammer
phaen/redbox (more redbox)
|
fuzzylightning
apathy
|
RayFrost
pranadevil
jmurph

uhh, yeah...I think this is how I pictured it...

Sorry, I suck at this game AND I haven't been posting...but I have to go suck at life now.
meaning skill puts jammer at the top, and, most recently,
jammer wrote:@skill - Still not too sure. The initial ray/fuzzy vote/unvote was a little strange, and is still lingering with me. There is something in the way she posts that is giving me an uneasy feeling. Seems to be giving us enough but not too much, worth noting.

~~

I agree with Devil about skill.
Apart from that I also don't like the cases she got on me. It's like she's throwing random accusations at me and hopes it sticks.
So they both don't like each other. Meaning if they were working together, each is trying to throw the other under the bus.

I don't like the way that Skill's been acting, mainly defending people and not contributing much. I especially didn't like this from D1:
Skill006 wrote:With all that being said, I really should vote. It's not gonna kill anybody and I need to get over myself.
vote:jammer
Not only am I suspicious because of my case, but he needs to start talking. He has the least amount of stuff in this thread, now, and I could almost call him out for active lurking if it weren't for the fact that I'm pretty convinced he is gone due to RL issues.
Mind you, this was only 3 days before the deadline, thus possibly throwing suspicion around without having to actually take a stand. Of course, less than a day later:
Skill006 wrote:
unvote
I don't even care if this is scummy anymore, I just want to start focusing my attention on what we should do about apathy, rather than lead the town in 50 different ways.
Well, she pointed it out: it seems scummy.

However, jammer also seems scummy. Kelyn seemed newish/leaning scummish before replacing out, and then jammer didn't necessarily assuage my suspicions.

In fact, when reading back over things, it especially unnerved me to note that it was in jammer's original vote on fuzzy that he noted:
jammer wrote:
fuzzy
: I see a lot of questions, and a lack of analysis.
I got the idea his posts are filled with questions towards others and a lot of text that to me they seem like a useless filler.
My interpretation is scum, that does a act on finding scum. I see rather little if any in his posts that would help me in finding scum.
The not-helping-town-find-scum thing was something that I think stuck with a lot of us on the case of fuzzy (I know it did me). So that makes me think jammer's a bit scummy.

Also, this
jammer wrote: Basically these players should post.
Fuzzy[col]24860Apathy[col]24144jammer[col]22857
was just a waste.

And finally, this, only a few hours before deadline, in what seemed a particularly strange move, given as he was first on the fuzzy case, and it was way close to the deadline for us to really shift to a third wagon:
jammer wrote:I'm looking at Ray. More takers?
It's enough for me to says
FoS: jammer
, but I want to hear more from everyone before I can decide anymore.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Skill006 »

I'm back. Clearly. I had alot of unexpected hw last couple of days, and my disappearance wasn't related to the game, I just happened to come under suspicion while I got toppled[w/ hw]. I still have a bit to finish up tonight, but hopefully (no promises) I'll be more attentive for the rest of the week.

Now...prana, while your attack on me is nice, you must've missed my posts where I defended against all of this:
prana wrote:- Bad at scum hunting (Possible cover?)
- Has done no voting since RVS.
- Solely defending people, not hunting (Possibly trying to keep everyone on side?)
- Refuses to jump on a bandwagon, even when she "knows" the victim is scum.
See post # 544
prana wrote:How would she even "know" the victim is scum short of being their scum buddy? And even if it's just a turn of phrase (possible, but a strange wording, as "think" would be better for a town player surely, as none of us know who is scum and who isn't), that doesn't scream pro-town to me... in fact it's decidedly scummy, as the one and only way for town to win, is for us to have a majority vote for scum, the only way to do that, is to have a bandwagon form to lynch them.
post # 544 (I dunno why I have a seperate quote for this :? )
prana wrote:As for Skill, I'm still unsure. Wanting to defend people who are being targetted wrongly? That's fine by me, but defending everyone is... a strange tactic, if you don't make some form of attack, you're also not pressuring potential scum, just asking people to explain further why they think things (potentially drawing things out and making it harder to read... not that I've helped with that previously).
etc., etc.
I believe post #559, I defended myself [perhaps poorly, but still]

I can understand why you missed them, though, they're kind of amidst a bunch of other clutter, hard to see what's directed at who in my posts ^.^;

As for the recent stuff:
prana wrote:Opportunistic? I think you'll find the reason I was late on the fuzzy wagon is I was still pushing for the Apathy one until Zorblag came in, and gave a reason.
Was there a person you didn't have suspicion on? One can spread all of their suspicions around the players and go back on whichever one they want at a convinient time.
prana wrote:Through the lack of voting, in fact... the fact you avoided voting almost entirely in the first day, only to return with "so do you think people on the wagons were scummy?" Leads me to believe that perhaps you are trying to keep people suspicious in the wrong directions.
I explained why I didn't vote much. you may consider me on the fuzzy wagon (I said this), even though I wasn't voting him. I said I would vote him. The only reason I didn't was because Zorb had something he seemed to be waiting for.
prana wrote:...along with obviously trying to twist things up above.
explanation?
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Skill006 »

>.> Posted at the same time
jmurph wrote:So they both don't like each other. Meaning if they were working together, each is trying to throw the other under the bus.
meh. I don't want to lynch jammer. I don't want to make him look scummy, either. My intention for attacking him was not with the intent to lynch scum/make town look like scum/other scummy deeds you might want to accuse me of.

My unvote of jammer as soon as I voted him was because I just realized we were that close to deadline and I shouldn''t have been scum-hunting at that point.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Skill006 »

jmurph wrote:was just a waste.
Why didn't you comment on this when he posted it? Was it perhaps because Ray has officially declared jammer scummy?

@jammer: That's not quite how I wanted you to answer my question. I'll rephrase it: how was his "wishiwashiness" different from yours in the beginning?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Skill006 wrote:>.> Posted at the same time
jmurph wrote:So they both don't like each other. Meaning if they were working together, each is trying to throw the other under the bus.
meh.
I don't want to lynch jammer. I don't want to make him look scummy, either.

Skill wrote:
My intention for attacking him was not with the intent to lynch scum
/
other scummy deeds
you might want to accuse me of.
laughingelfman.jpg

unvote, vote: skill006
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Skill006 wrote:
jmurph wrote:was just a waste.
Why didn't you comment on this when he posted it? Was it perhaps because Ray has officially declared jammer scummy?
I didn't comment on it at the time because I wasn't really looking that hard at jammer. I thought it at the time, most definitely, but as a stand-alone thing, it didn't mean a whole lot.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Skill006 »

RayFrost wrote:
meh.

Skill wrote:
/
other scummy deeds
laughingelfman.jpg

...wait...wut?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Skill006 wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
meh.

Skill wrote:
/
other scummy deeds
laughingelfman.jpg

...wait...wut?
you don't want to lynch him or make him look scummy, so why did you attack him? (shows scum that's trying to backtrack from an earlier position)

you weren't attacking him with the intent to lynch scum or do any other scummy deeds (apparantly, wishing to lynch scum is scummy to you, shows paranoia and anxiety that is attributable to scum)
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Skill006 »

Phaen, I am looking forward to your post today. Please don't forget about this wonderful game ^_^
ray wrote:make him look scummy
Why would I want to
make
him look scummy?
ray wrote:you don't want to lynch him...so why did you attack him? (shows scum that's trying to backtrack from an earlier position)
Not necessarily. No need to jump to conclusions.
ray wrote:(apparantly, wishing to lynch scum is scummy to you, shows paranoia and anxiety that is attributable to scum)
Ok, so you can make the general idea of "paranoia" a scumtell, but how is it a scum tell in my case?

@everyone: I'll explain why I was making a case on jammer. It was my way of trying to get a read off of him. He was posting quite similarly to fuzzy (although he was making more of an attempt at attacking people), and I wanted to pressure him some way. I couldn't get much of a read off of him. At that point in the game, though, I thought a "pressure" vote would be irrelevant to the matters at hand, but I still wanted to see what he would say to my case. I was somewhat suspicious of him, but I more wanted to see his reactions. I also wanted to see what other people would think of it, and how they would react.

Of course, it was kinda late in the day, and my case sucked, so it pretty much backfired on me, and made me look scummy.
Even so, I think now that this case has built up on me, I was able to observe something about a couple of the players, so it wasn't all bad. I'll post my observations in my next post (I want a quick chance to get my thoughts organized, something I rarely do).
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Zorblag »

This is a post mostly to let you all know that I'm still alive. I'm in the middle of doing some work in the kitchen just now but once that's done I will be looking through this game like I planned to on Monday.

I'm a bit thrown off by the fact that there doesn't seem to be much carry over at all of the suspicion that Apathy was under towards the end of yesterday until today. For those of you that had been ready to lynch Apathy what is it that you think that I'm doing differently that doesn't have you voting me at this point today?

@PranaDevil, who do you think that I did such a good job converting to the fuzzylightning lynch rather than my own? The main candidate that springs to mind there for me would be you saw others as well? What was it I said yesterday that made you think that I was heavily pushing for a fuzzylightning lynch? I don't usually push for lynches early in the game. I do share my thoughts and see how others choose to react. Perhaps I was more aggressive than I think I was but if that's the case I'd like to see what it is exactly that's leading you to that conclusion.

Did it seem to you like I was trying to prevent my own lynch yesterday?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Zorby, you are obv town.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Zorblag »

So I disagree with RayFrost's latest assessment of jammer. Looking back at his posts there are quotes but he's got a fair amount of content mixed in with them. I do see attention to what's going on in the game and attempts to draw conclusions rather than simply one liners asking for others to give their opinions.

I'm more troubled by jmurph3's post after RayFrost's though (where she agrees with his suspicions of Skill006 and jammer individually but probably not as a scum team.) She's going along with the suspects that someone else is giving and not challenging any of the statements being made about why they're scummy. Additionally, none of the reasons she's giving to suspect him (that he found something scummy about fuzzylightning scummy, that he gave a character count for people and said they should post more, the I'm looking at Ray comment) are scummy. The I'm looking at Ray comment doesn't even make sense interpreted the way that she's taking it. It's pretty clear from the context that he's looking for people who can back up Phaen's meta on fuzzylightning rather than looking for new people to lynch.

When I look back over jmurph3's play that seems to go along with a couple trend that aren't good signs. There's going along with the suspicions on RayFrost based on what others said (and then when PranaDevil in particular decided that his reasons had been weak floundering a bit as to why she agreed with them). There's the whole talk of setting up lynches (while I don't particularly dislike how it happened back as it did day one this finding both Skill006 and jammer scummy but probably not scummy together approaches the same thing again.)

@jammer, why was it that you didn't want to lynch jmurph3 yesterday? Has anything changed on that front?

I can see why people don't love Skill006's play. There is a lack of commitment in the way of votes on day one and she has largely stayed away from the players who were under more pressure. On the other hand, I tend to like the thought she's putting into her posts. Her suspicions, while not the popular ones, are ones I can believe that she legitimately has. The late day one vote for jammer (and then unvote) might have been poorly timed but it certainly had plenty of build up to it. I'd like to see more forceful use of her vote today but I think I'm leaning town right now.

My overall feeling that PranaDevil and RayFrost are probably both town hasn't really changed despite the fact that I'm not finding their arguments compelling at this time. The player that I'm most interested in hearing more from just now is probably Phaen.

Vote: jmurph3

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Zorblag wrote:The I'm looking at Ray comment doesn't even make sense interpreted the way that she's taking it. It's pretty clear from the context that he's looking for people who can back up Phaen's meta on fuzzylightning rather than looking for new people to lynch.
When I first read this from you, my reaction was "Huh?" because I had no idea what you were talking about in relation to Phaen. Now that I have gone back and reread the post that it came from, you're right. I honestly did not read the post that way, mainly because I wasn't thinking of Ray as being related to Phaen and the meta on fuzzy. The post that Zorb and I are talking about, by the way, is here.
Zorblag wrote:When I look back over jmurph3's play that seems to go along with a couple trend that aren't good signs. There's going along with the suspicions on RayFrost based on what others said (and then when PranaDevil in particular decided that his reasons had been weak floundering a bit as to why she agreed with them).
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've explained and defended myself on this so much that I'm honestly not going to bother again at this point.
Zorblag wrote:There's the whole talk of setting up lynches (while I don't particularly dislike how it happened back as it did day one this finding both Skill006 and jammer scummy but probably not scummy together approaches the same thing again.)
Huh? So because I find both of them as acting scummy, but I don't think they're a scum team, that means I'm setting up lynches? I'm confused. Someone can act scummy, or do something that can be interpreted as scummy, but not be scum. I said I was getting a scummy vibe from Skill, gave my reasons, said I was getting a scummy vibe from jammer, and gave my reasons for that, too. I didn't vote on either one because I don't have enough of a scummy vibe on either and would like both of them and everyone else to post more before I'll be able to make any more concrete of a decision.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@jmurph3, yeah, I'm not really trying to get you to re-hash the issues that have already been talked about. I think that you've covered your position on what happened just fine. I mention them now mostly because I see similar things happening again and it makes for more of a pattern rather than isolated incidents.

I don't have any problem with you finding people scummy. It's a good thing really and I like that you're trying to give your own reasons (which continues a habit that you seemed to pick up starting with your case on fuzzylightning day one.) That you started doing this after the blow up about RayFrost shows that you've learned something not to do no matter what your alignment is so I'm not interested in holding the timing of it against you. The issue here is that I think the jammer case in particular is weak (both the RayFrost case which I think you were running with based on the timing of posts as well as the reasons that you gave on your own.) It seems like a convenient second, somewhat popular suspicion to go with which fits the sort of positioning that was potentially troubling from you on day one.

While I didn't actually bring up your failure to vote, I did think about it. Given that you've got all the play from yesterday to work with what would it take for you to have voted when you did? Do you think there's some danger in casting a vote now? I'm also a bit curious about why jammer got an FOS but Skill006 didn't.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:40 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Zorblag wrote:The issue here is that I think the jammer case in particular is weak (both the RayFrost case which I think you were running with based on the timing of posts as well as the reasons that you gave on your own.) It seems like a convenient second, somewhat popular suspicion to go with which fits the sort of positioning that was potentially troubling from you on day one.
Popular because Ray mentioned it? Basically, what I was trying to do with my post is look at the two main suspicions that came up (Prana voted Skill, Ray voted jammer) and see if and why I found either scummy. Because of my misreading (cheers to me for making a prat of myself once again) of jammer's quote, I found jammer a bit scummier to me. I actually agree that I think Ray's case on jammer was quite weak, and I like to think I've learned from last time to not jump on a weak wagon without my own evidence.
Zorblag wrote:While I didn't actually bring up your failure to vote, I did think about it. Given that you've got all the play from yesterday to work with what would it take for you to have voted when you did? Do you think there's some danger in casting a vote now? I'm also a bit curious about why jammer got an FOS but Skill006 didn't.
Well, to start with, I thought jammer was a bit scummier than Skill at that point, as mentioned above, though with now understanding that quote, I think Skill is probably a bit scummier for the moment, though as I've said before, neither is scummy enough to the point where I want to vote. I will say
FoS: Skill006
(can you have 2 FoS's at the same time?).

I don't think there's any danger in casting a vote, particularly not this early in the day, but the fact that some people haven't even posted much of anything at all (jammer only posted once, Phaen came back and didn't say much of anything) makes me want to hold off just for a bit. Just as there's no danger at this point in casting a vote, I don't see much danger in holding off either. If there's anything I learned from D1, it's that haste tends to get you nowhere.

That being said, even with all of the play from yesterday, there's still not a lot to go on for either of them, which is why I want to have each of them post more. Because at this point, the main backbone for the case on each of them is that they aren't posting much, and I think we can all agree that this makes for an extremely weak case.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:14 am

Post by jammer »

So Ray voted me.
jmurph suspects me.
Zorblag defends me.
skill doesn't suspect me?

I feel more incomfortable with Troll defending me :/, then the other two attacking me.
But I think he covered pretty much everything. If you want me to elaborate on it, tell me.

@jmurph, is the not-helping-town-find-scum a invalid argument? Why do you think it makes me more likely scum?
Zorblag wrote:I'm a bit thrown off by the fact that there doesn't seem to be much carry over at all of the suspicion that Apathy was under towards the end of yesterday until today. For those of you that had been ready to lynch Apathy what is it that you think that I'm doing differently that doesn't have you voting me at this point today?
A reason I'm not voting you, is that I haven't seen really much from you yet. I'd want to form a opinion about you apart from Apathy now we've got a new fresh day.
Skill006 wrote:@jammer: That's not quite how I wanted you to answer my question. I'll rephrase it: how was his "wishiwashiness" different from yours in the beginning?
You meant me calling like 3(?) players completely neutral, when I replaced in?
He called all 3 players scummy, then elaborated with every of them how he wasn't to sure about it. Looks like, he made a stance without actually having one.
But, as well as him, I could go any way(scum/town-read) with the neutral list. If that's what you meant.
Old digged up post from Skill006 wrote:
jammer wrote:Overall he seems scummy to me, but some things could be explained with meta. So anyone who played with him before, I'm talking to you PE and skill. Could you say if his play at the start of this game is consistent with how you've played in earlier games?
It's his playstyle, IMO. Honestly, whether he is scum or town, he plays defensively. However, I don't like how he is discrediting prana's arguments.
You only played with Ray-scum before, how do you know he plays defensively as scum and town.
Zorblag wrote:@jammer, why was it that you didn't want to lynch jmurph3 yesterday? Has anything changed on that front?
I suspected fuzzy and you more. PE's cases on jmurph haven't convinced me troughout the day. She was active in both fuzzy and Apathy cases. And... she was voting fuzzy at the end of the day(something that I found good at the time)

@Zorblag, if someone else then fuzzy was the other biggest wagon, would you've voted him/her?

I'm not quite sure about skill.
jmurph slingin' that case against me makes me reconsider skills cases beforehand on me, makes them less scummy.
Then she started with I made a case against him not because I though he was scum, but because I was trying to get a read on him...
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Zorblag »

@jammer, the thing is that you (and everyone else who suspected Apathy yesterday) shouldn't be reluctant to hold what Apathy did against my player spot. Replacements don't get a new role; everything that each of us have done should count towards your read. I grant that people want to try to get a feel for me but I should still be getting much more backlash from Apathy's play than I am. Thus far I haven't done enough to override an about to be lynched position by any stretch of the imagination. When I've had more of a chance to be here it might make more sense but if Apathy was as scummy as people were saying he was then I should be getting looked at a lot more closely now than I am.

Was there any reason that you didn't want to give those reasons for not wanting to vote jmurph3 at the end of the day yesterday without being asked for them? They don't seem to have taken you too long to put out there now and I don't think they'd have been particularly less valid at the time than they are now.

I would have joined wagons on Phaen or jmurph3 if they were the rival wagons to my own. I wouldn't have voted for PaltryExcuse, PranaDevil or RayFrost (instead my vote would have gone for fuzzylightning.) If jammer or Skill006 had been a serious wagon I would have needed to look more closely at them though I'm inclined to say that I would not have voted them.

On the whole this player spot would have been a reasonable lynch yesterday. Apathy had already claimed and there was plenty of suspicion that I would have been fighting off later which would be a distraction from scum hunting if I did live past day one. None of the other cases were strong enough on day one to make any other lynch clearly the best course of action so I wouldn't have put up that much of a fight. Given how close we were to the deadline I expected to come in, get in my standard IC advice share my reads on where the game was, give my IC advice and then get lynched. Clearly I didn't have the lay of the land quite right.

@RayFrost, what was it about fuzzylightning's play made you oppose his lynch yesterday? Do you think that you were sufficiently vocal about it at the time (i.e. should we have know that was your stance before you gave it today?)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Skill006 »

jammer wrote:...skill doesn't suspect me?
I'm sorry, but I do still suspect you.

What alignment were you in your first game?
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Skill006 »

EBWOP you're 3rd on my list. You have been for awhile.

My #1 suspect requires me to watch them from the background, without saying anything to them (its my experiment that's been going since the middle of day 1, and so far, not very "town-ish" results :/).

My #2 suspect is one that I started suspecting because of the BW on me, which is jmurph.

Yesterday, I was almost positive jmurph was newb town. In comparison, jmurph was acting a lot like newbies I had played with/read about, and they tend to follow others suspicions and look like scum (subsequently, they always get lynched and are always town, which is why I avoided the jmurph wagon).

However, when I saw her posts, I had the same thought that Zorb had, and that was that she was really playing follow the leader. It's easy to follow the most aggresive person/people, those 2 in particular (prana and ray), as they pass a blind eye to people who follow them (or they appear to, anyway).
jmurph wrote:I actually agree that I think Ray's case on jammer was quite weak, and I like to think I've learned from last time to not jump on a weak wagon without my own evidence.
Why was his case weak? (btw, I don't want a zorb answer for this).
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Skill006 »

uhh, EBWOP again,
FoS:jmurph

hit submit too soon.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:23 am

Post by jammer »

Zorblag wrote:Was there any reason that you didn't want to give those reasons for not wanting to vote jmurph3 at the end of the day yesterday without being asked for them? They don't seem to have taken you too long to put out there now and I don't think they'd have been particularly less valid at the time than they are now.
Not really, it was just really late and I wanted to go to bed.

I'm a bit surprised with your 'eagerness' to get lynched. I think that's the first time I saw someone
replacing in and saying that he should be more presured for the predecesor actions. You'll get your attention eventually. ;)
I think for most the big problem is that you can't explain/be questioned for Apathy actions.

@Skill006, well um okay I misunderstood then. I was scum in my first game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”