Mini 928 - Bloodlust Mafia Remix - Over!

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Haylen »

I never take on too many games. I just hit randomly busy stages in my life. The past few days were not predicted and I'm pretty sure my job is finished now anyway.

PBPA will come tomorrow, when I'm feeling a bit better. On top of everything else, I am developing a chest infection.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Day 1 Votecount:

Haylen (2) - almightybob, julienwolfe
The1fifi (1) - bv130
julienwolfe (1) - ConfidAnon
Dr.Cyanide (2) - Civil Scum, Concerned
havingfitz (2) - Haylen, MrSuave
Civil Scum (1) - The1fifi

Not Voting (2): Dr. Cyanide, Mr.Sandman

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in... 5 days.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

I'm an idiot.

Sorry Civil, I took your attacks as over-compensating scum, when I should have realized crazy assed paraniod town (hopefully.)

Vote: Concerned.
(yeah, you should be)

Half the point of being a nutcase was to see who would attack the shit out of it. Terrible scum-hunting technique, I know. I'm new, sue me.

Or could that be a double-play?
Show
"When I said that Mercy stood,
Within the borders of the wood,
I meant the lenient beast with claws,
And bloody swift-dispatching jaws."

"Cyanide has the BEST avatar ever." ~animorpherv1

Back from Sabbatical. Yay me.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by almightybob »

Um... what the hell was that post, Dr C?

Sudden 180 on Civil, seemingly random attack on Concerned, claiming that all your previous stuff was a ploy? Not buying it.

Unvote, vote: Dr Cyanide
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by almightybob »

Oh, and let's not forget the ever-helpful spoonful of WIFOM in the final line. Wow.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Dr. Cyanide, I can't reconcile your explanation that you were acting like a nutcase on purpose with your posts, which don't seem to be designed with that intent in mind.

Or is this the bit where you are trying to see who will attack the shit out of you?
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

Where is the design meant to be in acting like a nutcase?

"Secondly, attack, defend- draw relative conclusions, mislynch. Everyones going to be jumping to conclusions D1. Maybe we should try something else."
This was not supposed to sound as terribly stupid as everyone recieved it, should have expanded on it, but I was in a hurry.

As for suggesting RQS, I realize that was stupid too, I just couldn't think of anything else at the time.

"What the hell is your problem? What are you overcompensating for? Freaking out a bit there?"
As for this, I'm still new, bad excuse, but it's true. I noticed I've done this in a few of my games, and entertainingly, am being pulled up about it in this one and another, at the same time.

"I'm calling you out"- to CivilScum. Seeing how he would react to me suggesting I knew he was scum. Well, that didn't work out so well, but I'm still suspicious.

Plus the general asshattery from CS' direction made it hard to be bothered, and I wanted to quit- but I figured, I'm going to run into people like him on here anyway, so why just quit when I can play, have fun, and do a decent job at learning how to play.

Meh, anyway.
Show
"When I said that Mercy stood,
Within the borders of the wood,
I meant the lenient beast with claws,
And bloody swift-dispatching jaws."

"Cyanide has the BEST avatar ever." ~animorpherv1

Back from Sabbatical. Yay me.
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Concerned »

Dr.Cyanide wrote:I'm an idiot.

Sorry Civil, I took your attacks as over-compensating scum, when I should have realized crazy assed paraniod town (hopefully.)

Vote: Concerned.
(yeah, you should be)

Half the point of being a nutcase was to see who would attack the shit out of it. Terrible scum-hunting technique, I know. I'm new, sue me.

Or could that be a double-play?
Nice OMGUS, when the attack on your first pursuer fails you immediately switch to the second person to point out you're full of shit.

Also this "purposefully silly" behavior seems like an excuse, just a reason to backtrack, you've seen that we have caught you out and now you're making lame excuses.

I don't buy it scum.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 am

Post by Haylen »

I hope the VIG (If we have one, doesnt kill me tonight), I wish people understood my breadcrumbs.

I still don't like Cyanide's defensiveness.

Scum reads atm:
Cyanide
Fifi
BV130

Having played with Civil Scum twice, one as his scum buddy, the other as his fellow townie, I can say that he is very in your face offensive as town, to the extent that he actually can be offensive. His scum attitude is very backseat-ish and he tries to stay out of the lime light as much as possible. Excuse me if my meta is a bit outdated though.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Civil Scum »

haylen wrote: Having played with Civil Scum twice, one as his scum buddy, the other as his fellow townie, I can say that he is very in your face offensive as town, to the extent that he actually can be offensive. His scum attitude is very backseat-ish and he tries to stay out of the lime light as much as possible. Excuse me if my meta is a bit outdated though.
Hahaha as soon as you pointed this out to me when we were playing, I immediately started insulting people in a different game, as scum :P
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Civil Scum »

haylen wrote: I wish people understood my breadcrumbs.
Really, if you are a PR, you're not really in a lot of danger atm and probably shouldn't have said this :/ Better off just having stepped it up a liitle.

Bob: I too am up for a little look at Mr. Sauve.

As outlandish and wild as cyanide's backtracking-claims are right now, it's almsot too crazy not to believe, and I'd probably lynch Fifi before him right now. The part about him "calling me out", I mean it was so ridiculous that it is more believable as a ploy to gauge my reaction than it is to be taken seriously.

As for the lurkers thing, I've been wondering recently how the town would fare, percentage wise, if we simply lynched all non-contributing roles and trimmed the game down immediately. On top of which, I never lurk on any role and find it incredibly frustrating. I mean, people might get busy or have some crazy shit come up...but someone does...everygame, that eliminates their internet access for a week? 3 people this game? I would be fine lynching all of them and seeing what happens. On top of which, great everyone's more suspicious of the previous active player's now, a replacement comes in and agrees with things already said, posts twice, and everyone thinks they are fine. A major disadvantage to online games imo. Irl if someone's too quiet you can put them in the spotlight, and wait quietly...they can't say nothing forever or go to the bathroom for two weeks.
I'm also through giving any replacer slack on scummy things their predeccesor has done.

If the scummiest player was goign to get lynched, and got replaced, I would no longer give the slightest fuck about what they said, I would continue pursuing the lynch based on things the person they replaced had done.

The references to mine and julien's past game are over for now I think. They aren't that relevant in specifics. The meta we may each have has already been mentioned in any capacity that it will relate to this game.

And back to the lurkers thing. Sure, it's any easy stance for scum to take, but it's equally an easy attack for a scum to make on a town player.

I'm not lurker head-hunting, and ignoring everything else, I just think the game would be better off without them in it.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Civil Scum »

I get OMGUS'd a lot btw.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Oh, except that I forgot Cyanide's post 180 in which he is clearly trying to make a case on me.
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:58 am

Post by The1fifi »

Cyanide, you last post was just terrible. Too terrible to believe you are lying.

Concerned looks scummy to me all the times ... Like in the last game. You jump on wagons and cases like you are scum, just like last game.. if you are town, you shouldn't do it, you are always on a wagon or somebody's else case.. That sucks, cause i can't figure out your intentions. And as a town player, the should be blear as water.
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:58 am

Post by The1fifi »

Oh my.. not blear.. clear.
Matteh says :
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

almightybob wrote:Not impressed one bit by
Mr Suave
's reappearance just to commit Gambler's Fallacy then disappear again. If he was serious with his remark, then it just looks like trying to paint a target who won't argue back as scummy. I don't like that. All he's doing is popping in to make pointless comments that serve no scumhunting purpose..
I agree with this completely. This is the point which stands out to me just now.

vote MrSuave

I'll read the thread in closer detail and post my analysis, but just from skimming through, Mr Suaves play is anti-town
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Concerned »

The1fifi wrote: Concerned looks scummy to me all the times ... Like in the last game. You jump on wagons and cases like you are scum, just like last game.. if you are town, you shouldn't do it, you are always on a wagon or somebody's else case.. That sucks, cause i can't figure out your intentions. And as a town player, the should be blear as water.
What?
I jump on to cases of people I find to be scummy...
That's how you play mafia unless I've missed something pivotal over the last five months of playing.
I think cyanide is scum, I'd like to see him lynched, what exactly isn't clear about that?

I find this hugely ironic considering your own erratic behavior.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 am

Post by havingfitz »

Mr.Sandman Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:18 pm wrote:I can be more active, as of right now.
And then we get two brief posts over the next 4 days. When does right now start?

FoS Mr. Sandman

I remain suspicous of Dr Cyanide but I'm not ready to call him scum. His overreaction post and subsequent battle with Civil Scum and Concerned color him a bit scummy but I could also see it as defensive/aggressive town. I need to see a bit more of him before I consider a vote on him. I find fifi's posts a bit odd as well but that could be due to English as a 2nd language? No offense fifi...if I am off the mark regarding your grasp of English let me know. I would not be surprised if one of Dr Cyanide or fifi were scum but not prepared to commit to one of them yet.

Vote MrSuave

You been around mafia awhile (basing this off of 555 posts) and yet you have done nothing in this game so far. You've made 14 posts and contributed very little (if anything). If you have any thoughts on the game that exceed the short one-liners you've provided so far, I would be interested in hearing them. The same goes for all the other lurkers as well.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:37 am

Post by The1fifi »

Well, i understand english very well, but i have problems with some expressions, thats all.
Matteh says :
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

I've read through properly now.

Haylen is playing in an anti-town way. Firstly, self-voting in the RVS. Self-voting isn't helpful at the best of times. In the RVS, it does absolutely nothing to help set the game forward or get out of the RVS stage, other than drawing attention to herself. Contributed very little up until her last couple of posts. I agree with her opinions on Cyanide and his defensiveness. What are the reasons behind your scum reads on fifi and bv10, Haylen?

MrSuave has had a fixation with voting McZombie, which outlasted the RVS stage and despite the fact that she posted only once. It's almost as if MrSuave is playing a game on his own in which the RVS stage lasts forever. I'm happy with my vote here for now as he is doing nothing.

Dr.Cyanide's play has been erratic, and his defense/attack on CivilScum which followed has been followed up by backtracking on a lot of what he'd said in his defense.

Fifi's play is also interesting. Particular mentions to the fact that first, there is a vote for CS, then she says she agrees with CS's case on Cyanide although she can't decide if it's bad or scum but she thinks CS's aggressive play is more dangerous to the town. Major contradiction there. Then there is a mention of Cyanides post as 'too terrible to be even lying'. I've put this badly but I just think fifi's play is flawed.

bv10 is either lurking or has fallen off the edge of the map.

Just a few thoughts
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Haylen »

bv is active lurking i've seen him posting in another game. I do have legitimate reasons for my 'lurking' as apparently im meant to call it. Fifi is basically gut.

My self vote in RVS is null, i do it regardless of alignment everytime. It adds a bit of light heartness to the game. Also, look at it this way:

It could get a potential scum to L-1
It could aid the mislynch of a townie.

These negate each other to make a null read.

The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by The1fifi »

Haylen, you keep joking. That is anti town, you know. There is no reason to not being serious, for a town player.
Matteh says :
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Haylen wrote:bv is active lurking i've seen him posting in another game.
I do have legitimate reasons for my 'lurking' as apparently im meant to call it.
Fifi is basically gut.

My self vote in RVS is null, i do it regardless of alignment everytime. It adds a bit of light heartness to the game.
bv posting in other games would be a bit of a concern. Which game/s is s/he posting in if you don't mind?

Could you explain the line in your quote above that I bolded? What are your legitimate reasons for what you are meant to call "lurking?" Because that's what scum do?

I found several games you had played in Haylen. I found three where you voted yourself...you were a mafia double-voter, a vigilante, and a serial killer. I did not see any where you were a VT. Do you only like to add a lightheartedness inducing self vote when you have something to hide? There's no gaurantee we have a Vig in this game but we do have the other two. Which one are you?

FoS Haylen

At this rate I'll have a FoS on everyone in the game in no time.

BTW...not being able to search posts is a pain in the arse. Does anyone know if that function will be returing at mafiascum in the future?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Haylen »

What are your legitimate reasons for what you are meant to call "lurking?"
If i told you, mith would have to kill you (he'd have my head first though). I'm not sure how publicised it is.

His last post here was:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:37 pm Post subject: 6
In his other game he has posted 5 times between then and now. It's Farside's current theme game being run in Theme Park. (Im not sure how much info on other games so i decided not to quote time stamps.

He was online a couple of minutes ago too, it tells you who's online at the bottom of the index page.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Haylen »

Managed to get a screenie a few mins ago

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”