Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Magua »

Murderers: Given that there's been no claimants, I'm going to go with the fact that we have
at least
three confirmed murderers. Add in the three rescusitation claims, subtract out for the ritual, and we could be looking at five -- 3+ of which could win in as few as four days, 2+ of which could win in as few as 6. Those who did successfully kill last night are a bigger threat than those who didn't.

So, to stop 3+ murderers:

1. First, murdering requires a stalk and a murder on
successive nights
. We can ensure that someone can do neither by assigning them to rob two graves. Anyone who murdered last night cannot murder tonight...so I am going to say that we should *not* rob all four graves tonight.

Instead, I propose that animorpherv01 robs two of the graves, if (and only if) someone with forensic tools will be able to test him for blood. According to his story, he should be clean of blood; if he tried to kill Hayker, he will be bloody. Easy test. (Ellibereth is not eligible for this test as her story has her being bloody regardless). Plan falls down if we don't have any forensic kits, however. I would encourage others with forensic kits to spot check people -- if the murderers are being cautious and laundering, it takes 50% longer for them to win. If they're not being cautious, they may actually get caught.

Then, we would then have four bodies tomorrow (2 unrobbed from today + at least one night kill tonight + tomorrow's lynch) which we could use to force two suspected murderers to rob, which could cost them up to two nights (one for the wasted stalk, one for the robbing graves).

2. Anyone who's murdered last night has at minimum two insanity. Town should have a maximum of 1 insanity (if they were saved), with the possible exception of town-animorpherv, who would have 2. Anyone with occult books can use them on anyone except for animorph and Ellibereth (claimed 2 insanity), or CSL/Phate/Hayker (claimed 1 insanity). If you get back a "more insane" result, you have scum.

Now, as to people who I suspect to be murderers, I still suspect Ellibereth, but Ellibereth is not a good lynch for today (but should be made to rob graves tomorrow). I mostly suspect Drench and dramonic -- both went murderer in SA 1, and I don't doubt that they would be inclined to do so again. Sajin dying really, really, really makes me suspicious of dramonic. The only thing that throws a wrench in murderer-Drench is the quite-new defense of CSL.

Ellibereth: Ellibereth's entire reaction at the beginning of the day seems...wrong. All caps, "IF THEY'RE TOWN", etc (in #1102 - #1104). It all seems so...forced. Especially considering the obvious possibilities:
1) Cult-CSL would almost certainly get res'ed.
2) Town-CSL may or may not get res'ed, but in this case, you're killing town. Useless town, but still town.
It is easy to block a kill that you know is going to happen, so Ellibereth's constant repeating of "I'm going to kill CSL tonight" from d1 is just incredibly self-defeating if her goal is, in fact, to kill CSL. That's why I don't buy it.

Animorph: Should, as I state up above, rob two graves tonight, as long as someone can use forensic tools on him to verify a non-bloody status.

Phate: Claiming to be the target of the ritual (as opposed to the ritual or a murder) is kind of scummy; similar to saying "Bob is the SK" in a mafia/SK game. Interestingly enough, Hayker does the exact opposite of this, claiming to have been murdered. A small thing, but interesting.

Things I would like:
1) Some semioldguy postings.
2) Hayker/CSL/Phate resuscitators to claim I simply find it incomprehensible that the three murder victims are the three resuscitators.
3) Someone with a forensics kit (who is not animorph) to claim, so they can check animorph tonight.
4) A Drench or dramonic lynch today. Animorph is a bad lynch, as he can be checked. Ellibereth isn't a terrible lynch, but I'd prefer to simply make her rob two graves tomorrow night for the time being.
5) Random forensic kit/occult book checks tonight.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Magua obviously doesn't know CSL.
Town CSL would never get rezzed. NEVER. I wrote the end part in on the off chance some idiot here didn't know the guy's meta and actually rezzed him because they didn't want him dead or something.
Did not read the rest of the above post yet.
FLASH OF GREEN
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

Post by vikingfan »

SlySly wrote:
vikingfan wrote:Sly, I meant for TONIGHT, that's the case...because Elli and Ani will have 4 bodies to rob. I wasn't referring to future nights.

Oh, and I did not hear noise either and thus did not ward.
Real slow now...

Tonight, 5 potential murderers now x 2 bodies each = 10 bodies.
First, the murderers/cult have to stalk tonight, THEN kill the next night. Second, they are not getting 2 kills each night, so where are you getting the x 2 from. We're going to have 4 bodies after today's lynch. Let's say we have 5 murderers...that's still only 5 bodies, plus whatever the cult does. One person can rob 2 graves a night.

What am I missing here? there's nothing close to 10 here.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:41 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

rewq455 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
SlySly wrote:
vikingfan wrote: SlySly, we will have enough bodies for 2 graverobbers tonight. We'll have 3 dead people + whoever we lynch today, which makes 4.
What?

There were 3 murders last night. The 2 outted potential murderers, ani and ell, were seemingly block last night. That give us 5 potential murderers now. Feel free to point out anything you think I am missing.
I said I got nothing for the grave rob, which means either:

a) Nico didn't search, which he probaly didn't

OR

b) Another cult member robbed him. Also likley.

Also, why would cult search for Forensic Tools? The goal for cult is to keep cult alive, not find out who is bloody, so they would search for rezz kits, not forensic kits.

Also, I think vikin has a good point.
You are implying then that whoever robbed the grave was cult. If someone robbed the grave before you, it would have been turned to dust already.
A) I was on when Percy posted the lynch

B) I knew what I was doing, so I sent in right away

C) In my PM there is something about me lighting Nico's body on fire.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You know what is also scummy about Drench is he HAS NEVER VOTED IN THIS GAME.

Many of the insanities involve voting. If he can lurk and not vote much or at all, he can hide insanities. Nevermind that he's not helping scum hunt.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am

Post by SlySly »

vikingfan wrote: First, the murderers/cult have to stalk tonight, THEN kill the next night. Second, they are not getting 2 kills each night, so where are you getting the x 2 from. We're going to have 4 bodies after today's lynch. Let's say we have 5 murderers...that's still only 5 bodies, plus whatever the cult does. One person can rob 2 graves a night.

What am I missing here? there's nothing close to 10 here.
Even slower now...

To keep potential murderers or actual murderers busy at night as directed by the town, they are given the instruction to rob 2 graves each so they cannot commit a murder. 1 grave rob (free action) + 1 other grave rob (instead of being left free to stalk/murder) = 2 grave robs.

Tonight, 5 potential/actual murderers x 2 grave robs each = 10 needed graves.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Unvote, Vote Drench

*twitch*
FLASH OF GREEN
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 am

Post by rewq455 »

I just realized that I never answered VP's question about who seems scummiest. Right now, I am thinking that Ani is the scummiest player atm. This is because I see his lying as COMPLETELY anti-town. This now discredits everything that he said. I realize that this is from the early game, but it is still valid. Also, stalking is a preparation to kill, and preparing to kill someone night0, without reading any posts, is very scummy. Also his reasoning that Adel should be killed because he is a good player and could be scum has much more potential to hurt the town than to hurt the cult. There is a 3:1 chance that Adel is town. So he wanted to kill a player who is more likely to be town than mafia. This seems very scummy. As for having him vote for himself to test his insanity, I think it was a pointless exercise. All that it told us is that someone who voted Ani has the Avolition insanity. Also, while Ani is robbing graves, he can still be working for the cult by doing things that do not require gaining insanitys, such as making fetishes. I think that Ani is most likely to be scum because of these reasons, and should be lynched today.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hey SlySly, what do you think about the Drench wagon?
Magua wrote:Things I would like:
2) Hayker/CSL/Phate resuscitators to claim I simply find it incomprehensible that the three murder victims are the three resuscitators.
3) Someone with a forensics kit (who is not animorph) to claim, so they can check animorph tonight.
4) A Drench or dramonic lynch today. Animorph is a bad lynch, as he can be checked. Ellibereth isn't a terrible lynch, but I'd prefer to simply make her rob two graves tomorrow night for the time being.
1)indeed...where the hell is he?
2)Yep
3)Um, what's to prevent that person from then being murdered after claiming? I think not on this one.
4)Yes, why aren't you voting for Drench?
5)Agreed, everyone should use their best judgement and make good choices.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 am

Post by rewq455 »

animorpherv1 wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
SlySly wrote:
vikingfan wrote: SlySly, we will have enough bodies for 2 graverobbers tonight. We'll have 3 dead people + whoever we lynch today, which makes 4.
What?

There were 3 murders last night. The 2 outted potential murderers, ani and ell, were seemingly block last night. That give us 5 potential murderers now. Feel free to point out anything you think I am missing.
I said I got nothing for the grave rob, which means either:

a) Nico didn't search, which he probaly didn't

OR

b) Another cult member robbed him. Also likley.

Also, why would cult search for Forensic Tools? The goal for cult is to keep cult alive, not find out who is bloody, so they would search for rezz kits, not forensic kits.

Also, I think vikin has a good point.
You are implying then that whoever robbed the grave was cult. If someone robbed the grave before you, it would have been turned to dust already.
A) I was on when Percy posted the lynch

B) I knew what I was doing, so I sent in right away

C) In my PM there is something about me lighting Nico's body on fire.
Therefore if you did not find any items, Nico never searched for any.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Ellibereth »

rewq455 wrote:I just realized that I never answered VP's question about who seems scummiest. Right now, I am thinking that Ani is the scummiest player atm. This is because I see his lying as COMPLETELY anti-town. This now discredits everything that he said. I realize that this is from the early game, but it is still valid. Also, stalking is a preparation to kill, and preparing to kill someone night0, without reading any posts, is very scummy. Also his reasoning that Adel should be killed because he is a good player and could be scum has much more potential to hurt the town than to hurt the cult. There is a 3:1 chance that Adel is town. So he wanted to kill a player who is more likely to be town than mafia. This seems very scummy. As for having him vote for himself to test his insanity, I think it was a pointless exercise. All that it told us is that someone who voted Ani has the Avolition insanity. Also, while Ani is robbing graves, he can still be working for the cult by doing things that do not require gaining insanitys, such as making fetishes. I think that Ani is most likely to be scum because of these reasons, and should be lynched today.
Uh....try again next time?
FLASH OF GREEN
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

rewq455 wrote:I just realized that I never answered VP's question about who seems scummiest. Right now, I am thinking that Ani is the scummiest player atm. This is because I see his lying as COMPLETELY anti-town. This now discredits everything that he said. I realize that this is from the early game, but it is still valid. Also, stalking is a preparation to kill, and preparing to kill someone night0, without reading any posts, is very scummy. Also his reasoning that Adel should be killed because he is a good player and could be scum has much more potential to hurt the town than to hurt the cult. There is a 3:1 chance that Adel is town. So he wanted to kill a player who is more likely to be town than mafia. This seems very scummy. As for having him vote for himself to test his insanity, I think it was a pointless exercise. All that it told us is that someone who voted Ani has the Avolition insanity. Also, while Ani is robbing graves, he can still be working for the cult by doing things that do not require gaining insanitys, such as making fetishes. I think that Ani is most likely to be scum because of these reasons, and should be lynched today.
you do realize that EVERYTHING I SAID TODAY CAN BE CHECKED WITH A FORENSIC KIT, right?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rewq wrote:I am thinking that Ani is the scummiest player atm. This is because I see his lying as COMPLETELY anti-town. This now discredits everything that he said. I realize that this is from the early game, but it is still valid. Also, stalking is a preparation to kill, and preparing to kill someone night0, without reading any posts, is very scummy.
Cult can't stalk, so if you believe he did that he at least started the game as town. Further, I don't think he took the psychopathy insanity so probably isn't murder yet.
YOUR AD HERE

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am

Post by rewq455 »

Things I would like:
I agree.
I have a forensic kit, will search tonight.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Yay! My post got cut off.

It's not confirmed that Ani lied. Someone else may have tried to stalk/kill Adel/Hayker.
The voting thing wasn't a pointless excresize, do you really want us to permutation cycle? That one was enough for me to confirm for all I case. Not to mention the tone of his posts are all good.
FLASH OF GREEN
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*headdesk*
YOUR AD HERE

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

VP Baltar wrote:
rewq wrote:I am thinking that Ani is the scummiest player atm. This is because I see his lying as COMPLETELY anti-town. This now discredits everything that he said. I realize that this is from the early game, but it is still valid. Also, stalking is a preparation to kill, and preparing to kill someone night 0, without reading any posts, is very scummy.
Cult can't stalk, so if you believe he did that he at least started the game as town. Further, I don't think he took the psychopathy insanity so probably isn't murder yet.
while I'm thinking about it, someone give me a list of insanities to take. If I deviate from it, or pick up one while I'm not grave robbing, lynch me.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 am

Post by rewq455 »

animorpherv1 wrote: you do realize that EVERYTHING I SAID TODAY CAN BE CHECKED WITH A FORENSIC KIT, right?
All that forensic kits tell is whether or not you are bloody. You can still help the cult w/o getting bloodied.
VP Baltar wrote:
rewq wrote:I am thinking that Ani is the scummiest player atm. This is because I see his lying as COMPLETELY anti-town. This now discredits everything that he said. I realize that this is from the early game, but it is still valid. Also, stalking is a preparation to kill, and preparing to kill someone night0, without reading any posts, is very scummy.
Didn't realize that cult can't stalk. Will find another person who I also think is scummy, but his lying sounds very scummy. Town usually does not lie.
Maybe I am focusing on it to much, but I see it as a major scum tell.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

rewq455 wrote: Also, stalking is a preparation to kill, and preparing to kill someone night 0, without reading any posts, is very scummy.
This shows that you belived me stalking. Stalking can't be done by cult.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

EBWOP:

unvote, vote:rewq455
for not going over the most basic fact that cult can't stalk. If you were town, you would remeber that. However, cult don't need to know it.

Insanity Infraction

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Phate »

@Magua - I'm not speculating. My PM explicitly told me that
A) I was targeted by the Ritual
and
B) I was rezz'd.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rewq, I'd preferably like to know more than one person you think is scummy. We have five cultists left and as many as five murderers....it's like hitting the side of a barn with a shotgun.

Hey DGB, give me one good reason to not think you're scum this game you lurkery lurkerstein.
YOUR AD HERE

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 am

Post by rewq455 »

animorpherv1 wrote:EBWOP:

for not going over the most basic fact that cult can't stalk. If you were town, you would remeber that. However, cult don't need to know it.
vote:animorpherv1
for the reasons that I have posted above. Also, if I were scum I would know that I couldn't stalk.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*sigh* rewq please try to focus here. ani is very unlikely to be scum. If you're town, we want to lynch scum today. Therefore, voting ani is a waste of time an effort.
YOUR AD HERE

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

rewq455 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:EBWOP:

vote:animorpherv1
for the reasons that I have posted above. Also, if I were scum I would know that I couldn't stalk.
Since you are cult, you'd be too buys searching for rezz kits, crafting and handing out fetishes and participating in the ritual to BOTHER STALKING, even if you could.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”