don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

i'm not exactly sure what's going on here. DR is acting like a jack ass. if he wants to be lynched, then i'll vote for him. tbh, i am considering replacing out of this game. i don't know what else to do here. DR seems to have some insight as to my role. he needs to explain himself at this point, but i am not sure if he should as revealing role information unprovoked on day 1 only helps scum. if he's not a mason, i am fine with lynching him. if he is a mason, then 218 is quite possibly the worst post i have ever seen on this site. in fact:

unvote, vote: discoroboto

the only way i can deal with this issue is head on.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:02 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Light wrote:i feel as though you've made a very scummy statement. You wouldn't want someone who knows that he is definetely the townie and insists that lynching him could result in a mislynch down the track?
Your defense of "go ahead lynch me its just a mislynch" is just a bad softclaim and you have done nothing to prove that. You may know that you are "definitely" town but the rest of the town doesn't have any way of knowing. So its your job to prove that you are town, or face being lynched. I totally see hewitt's stance here, in lylo pulling a statement like that does nothing to help the town make an informed decision.

I honestly don't know what to think of DiscoRoboto right now. Saying that and then saying that he hopes "brighter minds" will understand him? What kind of crap is that?
Welcome to the Network.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:26 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

don_johnson wrote:i'm not exactly sure what's going on here. DR is acting like a jack ass. if he wants to be lynched, then i'll vote for him. tbh, i am considering replacing out of this game. i don't know what else to do here. DR seems to have some insight as to my role. he needs to explain himself at this point, but i am not sure if he should as revealing role information unprovoked on day 1 only helps scum. if he's not a mason, i am fine with lynching him. if he is a mason, then 218 is quite possibly the worst post i have ever seen on this site. in fact:

unvote, vote: discoroboto

the only way i can deal with this issue is head on.
So you think he's scum based on the post?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

not entirely, no. i feel like his post has helped put me into a precarious and awkward position. i don't really know how to handle it. his intentions are extremely cloudy. if he is town, all he has done is help scum with his posting. i don't know how to further extrapolate without revealing info that could damage town. i feel as though my most logical resource is to push his lynch but i cannot entirely explain myself without saying what i feel may be too much. as i said, the most important job for town is to keep the masons hidden as long as possible. his play is potentially outing one of the masons(if not more), unprovoked, on day 1. its a horrible play regardless of alignment.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

don_johnson wrote:not entirely, no. i feel like his post has helped put me into a precarious and awkward position. i don't really know how to handle it. his intentions are extremely cloudy. if he is town, all he has done is help scum with his posting. i don't know how to further extrapolate without revealing info that could damage town. i feel as though my most logical resource is to push his lynch but i cannot entirely explain myself without saying what i feel may be too much. as i said, the most important job for town is to keep the masons hidden as long as possible. his play is potentially outing one of the masons(if not more), unprovoked, on day 1. its a horrible play regardless of alignment.

I confirm my
vote on DJ
!

There is scum here people jsut read what was said!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by don_johnson »

^^ your lack of explanation is astounding. didn't you criticize an earlier vote i made in a similar fashion? how is it scummy to say "his actions are only helping scum"? how do you think his actions helped town? he is playing around with town's only advantage. we have no doc, no cop, no jailkeep, no vig. we have masons and masons alone. how does outing one or more masons on day 1 completely unprovoked help town in any way, shape or form?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

don_johnson wrote:^^ your lack of explanation is astounding. didn't you criticize an earlier vote i made in a similar fashion? how is it scummy to say "his actions are only helping scum"? how do you think his actions helped town? he is playing around with town's only advantage. we have no doc, no cop, no jailkeep, no vig. we have masons and masons alone. how does outing one or more masons on day 1 completely unprovoked help town in any way, shape or form?
I read what he said and I find it astounding your voting on him. I think what he did was a trap and it caught you. your vote on him where there is no counter claim or comment against it makes me believe you are jumpy scum that just took the bait.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@DJ: Is there someone who you're thinking is scummier now? If so, why not vote them instead of focusing on this?

@pwnman: I see you posting in a different game...
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by don_johnson »

farside22 wrote:
I read what he said and I find it astounding your voting on him. I think what he did was a trap and it caught you. your vote on him where there is no counter claim or comment against it makes me believe you are jumpy scum that just took the bait.
i am not following you. what is this "counterclaim" you speak of? there have been no role claims as far as i can tell. what was the "bait"?

PE: yeah. i'm not really sure what to do at this point. DR's comments have kind of screwed up my mojo. i don't see any bit of town motivation for his actions. i.e. if he is mason then he is incredibly stupid. if he is vanilla town, then he can not reliably make the comment he did, and therefore he is either anti-town or stupid. if he is scum, then he has helped sow the seeds of confusion and attempted to draw out a mason claim. so what do i do? i feel like my hands are tied. short of roleclaiming there is no way i can explain my own actions accordingly. the more roles exposed on day 1, the bigger the advantage for scum. especially if a mason(or two) is revealed. if
you
want suspect number two it has to be:

unvote, vote farside

she's capitalizing on a weakness here.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by farside22 »

Did you even read disco's post DJ?
Also I smell OMGUS vote right above that is a big scum tell?

He was vague in his post about the claim and no I don't say he's claiming mason but he's saying you were not and you stuttered to a completely halt at that point.
Now your voting for me after his vote. That is just desperate scum move.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by hewitt »

Light wrote:who is empking, cboose and zwets?

Im not anti-town. So basically your saying you want to lynch me for the sake of lynching? I know i haven't been voicing a lot of opinions, but that in no way states that i am anti-town.

assuming that lylo = lie low;

i feel as though you've made a very scummy statement. You wouldn't want someone who knows that he is definetely the townie and insists that lynching him could result in a mislynch down the track?
Empking, caboose, and zwets = Awful Mafia players.

I do believe that you're anti-town and I'm not voting to lynch you for the sake of lynching. I'm voting for you because I don't think you'll be able to handle pressure later on in this game if you're a townie and/or you're jumpy scum who don't know how to react any other way than how you did. And if you are a townie then you reacted HORRIBLY to pressure. You voicing your opinions have absolutely nothing to do with me voting you.

lylo does not equal lie low. lylo is lynch or lose. And lying low is usually a scum tactic not a town tactic anyways and I would be fucking pissed if I was playing with a town player who was "lying low".
Mindgamer wrote:I've actually seen it once. Such a defense is a newbtell, not a scumtell.
And I believe that it's a defense that would be used by both newbscum and newbtown not just newbtown.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Just dropping in here to say that Don isn't a mason, interpret it any way you want, I rather not elaborate on it.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I hope that the brighter minds among us will see what I'm implying with saying it.
Unvote, Vote: DiscoRoboto

I'll return to this in a second.
don_johnson wrote::roll: do you
want
to be lynched?
This the strangest reaction, along with the *facepalm* that I would've expected to Disco's statement. I don't see why any town player would feel the need to say this? So, and I never do this, huge ass FoS here on DJ.
don_johnson wrote:[i am not following you. what is this "counterclaim" you speak of? there have been no role claims as far as i can tell. what was the "bait"?

unvote, vote farside

she's capitalizing on a weakness here.
This is pure stupidity right here and I'm keeping this and everything DJ is saying right now permanently imprinted in the back of my mind to return to after the Disco situation has been dealt with.

Disco just attempted to breadcrumb being a Mason so that he can go back later and say that he breadcrumbed being Mason and that DJ isn't a Mason and he knows so cause he's a Mason blah blah blah. There are no investigative roles in this game so that MUST be what he's attempting to do. And having seen what he's been saying so far this game I'm 100% positive that he's lying. And any rebuttal from Disco that it wasn't his intent is a huge crop of bullshit and he better come up with a good ass excuse if he's even going to attempt to say that wasn't his intent.

And now DJ is panicking for some odd reason that I can't quite figure out but we'll be able to figure out his deal after Disco "explains" himself.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

logic wrote:Disco just attempted to breadcrumb being a Mason so that he can go back later and say that he breadcrumbed being Mason and that DJ isn't a Mason and he knows so cause he's a Mason blah blah blah. There are no investigative roles in this game so that MUST be what he's attempting to do. And having seen what he's been saying so far this game I'm 100% positive that he's lying. And any rebuttal from Disco that it wasn't his intent is a huge crop of bullshit and he better come up with a good ass excuse if he's even going to attempt to say that wasn't his intent.
^^ this. this is what i was referring to that needed to be dealt with head on. there is no town motivation behind DR's moves unless he is a mason and thinks i am scum. the tough part for me is that he may very well be a mason, so by pushing this issue i may out one of our masons. i was hoping not to release the knowledge that i am vanilla, but at this point it is obvious. so whatever. i'm not panicking, i'm just fucked either way. i can only hope DR is scum.

unvote, vote discoroboto

farside is my second choice atm. they are acting very scummy trying to hitch their apple cart to my situation without concrete reasoning.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 am

Post by farside22 »

well I saw it as panic with both your votes DJ. Compound that with your vague comments today. IGMYOU right now.
If Disco is lying the mason's are the only one to know that. There is 3 mason's to ensure that if he wants to leave that crumb and we reached a point that the mason's want to verify or deny that claim it should be for later.
I think he baited a trap to caught a reaction from DJ.
Now is it possible that Disco is trying to out the mason's with that gambit? That is the biggest question I will ask myself today.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:48 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Mhm, interesting reactions.

Am I a mason? Only time will tell. Was I baiting reactions? Who knows.

Outing masons by saying that stuff? Nah, I think an effort like that would be in vain, masons cant be stupid enough to get outted like that, that also counts if it's about Don, who, as you can guess by his posts, isn't dumb.

Unvote: Anyone.

@Mod, votecount please?
Xonar!
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:16 am

Post by water_foul »

DiscoRoboto wrote: Outing masons by saying that stuff? Nah, I think an effort like that would be in vain, masons cant be stupid enough to get outted like that, that also counts if it's about Don, who, as you can guess by his posts, isn't dumb.
I think this is backtracking, I don't believe this one bit because this is the first mention of anyone being a mason. Please Disco please don't feed us this... I know I am not the only one who expected this and doesn't buy this so please try harder next time.....

unvote

I will be voting DiscoRoboto after a votecount, I'm choosing the rather safe than sorry approach. IMO even if the town thinks they have found a scum wasting daylight isn't good for the town.
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:37 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

I think this is backtracking, I don't believe this one bit because
this is the first mention
of anyone being a mason.
farside22 wrote:Now is it possible that Disco is trying to out the mason's with that gambit? That is the biggest question I will ask myself today.
Liar liar pants on fire!
I will be voting DiscoRoboto after a votecount,
As in, you will vote me if it won't hammer?

Still waiting for anyone to explain to me how my post was a scumtell.
Xonar!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:47 am

Post by hewitt »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Still waiting for anyone to explain to me how my post was a scumtell.
You A) Attempted to breadcrumb Mason very obviously to B) out the other Masons. It's very clear and any denial on your part is a pure lie. It was a big stunt but it failed epically.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:00 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Both wrong. Think before posting please.
Xonar!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 am

Post by hewitt »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Both wrong. Think before posting please.
Really Disco, then how about you "inform" us what your intent was instead of sitting here flapping your jaw about nothing.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

How was I breadcrumbing a Mason? I could've just simply seen things in his posts or 1000 other things that are possible.

Trying to out other masons? By accusing someone of not being mason? Eh, okay.
Xonar!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:27 am

Post by hewitt »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Just dropping in here to say that Don isn't a mason, interpret it any way you want, I rather not elaborate on it.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I hope that the brighter minds among us will see what I'm implying with saying it.
Really Disco? You really think you're playing in a game with players THAT stupid that we'd interpret ^^^ as something other than breadcrumbing and attempting to out Masons? Because there's no way in hell a Mason would be that stupid as to out themselves this early just to randomly state "hey, this player isn't a Mason".

If you thought DJ wasn't a Mason based on what he's been posting (which is ridiculous because nobody would be able to tell at this point) and you're a town player you A) wouldn't even be saying it at this point in the game and B) would've been a lot more clear about it.

The second quote just as good as proves that you were attempting to breadcrumb and I have faith that no town Mason would be stupid enough to breadcrumb so blatantly on D1. You knew you were going to get caught, you knew DJ would make some panicky posts, and you were hoping to out a Mason or two out of the ordeal.

Simple as that.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

DiscoRoboto wrote:How was I breadcrumbing a Mason? I could've just simply seen things in his posts or 1000 other things that are possible.
If this was the case, why not just say what it is?
The only other reason I can see right now is farside's, that you were fishing for a reaction. However, if it's something in-thread, just say it. I see no reason not to.

And secondly: Who do you think is likely scum? Why did you unvote Excedrin?
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

hewitt wrote:Really Disco? You really think you're playing in a game with players THAT stupid that we'd interpret ^^^ as something other than breadcrumbing and attempting to out Masons? Because there's no way in hell a Mason would be that stupid as to out themselves this early just to randomly state "hey, this player isn't a Mason".
That stupid? Geez... there's no wrapping things around this one. You're an idiot.

If you thought DJ wasn't a Mason based on what he's been posting (which is ridiculous because nobody would be able to tell at this point) and you're a town player you A) wouldn't even be saying it at this point in the game and B) would've been a lot more clear about it.
A. No.
B. No.
Give reasons.

The second quote just as good as proves that you were attempting to breadcrumb and I have faith that no town Mason would be stupid enough to breadcrumb so blatantly on D1. You knew you were going to get caught, you knew DJ would make some panicky posts, and you were hoping to out a Mason or two out of the ordeal.
Funny

Simple as that.
If this was the case, why not just say what it is?
It was (partly) a fish for reactions. If you want to know more about Don's role, look more closely at his posts.

I unvoted Excedrin to vote Don, just wanted a votecount first. I don't think scum is dumb so I'm not going to vote Hewitt.
Xonar!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:38 am

Post by hewitt »

I would like to point out how Disco is blatantly refusing to explain himself and is now backing away from what he did. The attempt to paint players as "stupid" is sophomoric. I explained why I'm voting you quite clearly Disco, and you're refusing to answer to it because you know I'm right.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 am

Post by water_foul »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
I will be voting DiscoRoboto after a votecount,
As in, you will vote me if it won't hammer?
Yes only because I would like the day to run it's course, at this point I am pretty sure you are scum but instead of hammering you and cutting the day short I still think there is much to gain from a longer day.
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Return to “Completed Open Games”