899 FABLES- THE GRIMMAFIA GAME - The End. Mod Sucks.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Grimmy »

The day begins with a howl of Despair.

Sanhora - Beauty
was found butchered last night. The town can sense an overwhelming rage stemming from one of them, but this person is apparetnly simmering just enough to not get noticed...for now.

it also appears that the spirits that haunted the town last night have been abated, and have passed on to their next realm of existance.

But for five of you, your existance is still in danger.

As such, it will only take 3 votes to send the next player to their death

MOD NOTE

I have been summoned by the powers that be to be called for Jury Duty
(oooh with me...
Oooooo
) on Wednesday, so Ill keep you all posted as best as I can. Deadline is tentativelty set for March 19th

and because it amuses me to do so...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIq92yp_ ... re=related

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

God damnit...
vote Iecerint
. I am Beast by the way and San told me in our mason chat last night that Iece is Lumi.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:21 am

Post by danakillsu »

I don't think we're in lylo, so if DoS is lying, we'll lynch him tomorrow. I'll believe him and put the pressure on Iecerint to contradict DoS's claim
vote: Iecerint
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Iecerint »

DoS is lying.
Vote: DoS

Not only do I know that DoS is lying, but I know that San couldn't have told him that. The Mod indicated that my ability couldn't work N1 because of the spirits in the town. If your abilities are at all similar to the previous game, you know you couldn't use yours, either, so you know that San couldn't have used an ability N1 or N2 to tell him my identity.

I don't doubt that Sanhora thought he was Beast -- we know from MM that Beast is in the game somewhere -- so SP probably expanded the Geppetto-mason mechanic to Lumi (and/or Rodney). Dana-with-a-fakeclaim is probably the 3rd scum, if there is one, for jumping the gun like that.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 am

Post by danakillsu »

I already told you guys I didn't have any abilities N1 or N2. Dana-with-a-fakeclaim? Why do you think my claim is fake? And can anyone confirm this inability to use night actions? I don't know who to believe so I'll
unvote
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't think Elli is the 3rd scum, because he exposed Geppetto unnecessarily. I don't think DGB is the last scum, because she shared the list when she could've just told her scumfriends. This leaves Dana and DoS as the remaining scum.

(It's *possible* that Elli is SK-kept-down-by-spirits-of-the-town, but there has to be a Lumi, anyway, and that's DoS, unless he's Rodney and Lumi is someone else, so DoS is the better lynch.)

If there is only one scum left (Lumi), that scum is DoS. However, if scum started with 3, then dana has to be the last remaining scum by PoE. In such a case, he'd have to have either found DGB's game ahead of time to make the fakeclaim (less likely, since he'd just replaced in and would have had to have made an awfully lucky guess), or have been given the Boy Blue fakeclaim ahead of time (more likely), because the claim matched the old game's version so well.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Iecerint »

danakillsu wrote:I already told you guys I didn't have any abilities N1 or N2.
Did you? O.o
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Iecerint »

Glanced through DoS in iso. Three things stand out:

1. He 100% ignores the kpaca (= Sanhora) situation through the first 10 pages of the game or so. DoS probably knew his townMason was a Cop, and consequently would've been satisfied by his mislynch.

2. He doesn't really start playing the game until after San replaces kpaca. Here's his read on SP at the time:
DoS wrote:Sociopath: It seems to be generally accepted that he is playing within his town meta, and I think that he has made some good counter arguments toward those who don't agree with how he plays the game. But I don't see a lot of original non defensive thought from him either. For now he is in my town category.
He references others' arguments when arguing that SP is town, offers a critique of SP's play, and then "warily" puts him in his town category. Looks like a scumfriend, etc.

3. This was the big red flag for me D2:
DragonsofSummer wrote:Wait, why does socio need to die?

Also anybody else think a mass claim would be beneficial to us at this point?
He has selective amnesia about the main conversation topic for the last 3-4 pages of D1. I tried to get him to expand on this in my follow-up post, but he didn't take the bait. (This one is slightly weakened by DGB's analogously bizarre behavior -- not sure what was up with that -- but DoS's still fits with him being SP's scumfriend.)
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 pm

There is a huge flaw in your logic. Beauty was a day rolecop, and as such didn't have to use the ability at night. Also as for your points.

1. You are correct I did ignore the kpaca situation in hopes it would go away. He was never close enough to lynch that I needed to step in, but I was watching the situation. Had San/kpaca been lynched I would have died too.

2. I find it ironic that yesterday before I called you out you seemed fine with me having forgotten that socio basically claimed Gepetto, but now that I have called you out it is your only major argument against me.

Sure feels like scum scrambling to me.
-Tyler Durden
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I dunno, if someone sounds like they're scrambling, it's not Icerink, it's DoS.

The reason you invoke for ignoring the kpaca situation is totally lame. But then you surprise me with point #2, which is even more lame.

Ergo you're the scrambling scum.

Am I psychic or what.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

DoS is not a very good historian.

First, it is not the case that kpaca was never close to lynch. Namely, kpaca would have been lynched if Grimmy hadn't decided not to count ABR's hammer. DoS's new claim that he was lovers with kpaca and avoided helping him in spite of that just makes his behavior all the more difficult to believe. It also leaves us to wonder why he's still alive, since she was NK'd last night. :roll:

Second, he never "called me out" on anything yesterday. This is the relevant part of the post I made in response to the offending DoS post from yesterday:
Iecerint wrote:Socio needs to die because he is claimed scum Godfather[...]
The post after that is the one where I try to fish more out of you (since, as you have sort of implied in your previous post, your amnesia was troubling), so it's not as if your amnesia was immaterial to me, either. It's true that I let up a little when DGB did something similar, though.

I didn't use any day abilities D2, so I can't confirm whether day abilities are spared by the "spirits" business. That said, San targeting me during the day does fit her crumb on "doing something with me" D2. I bet her result is the reason scum killed her last night. Too many innocents would have implicated DoS and/or dana.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Yerkrint is winning.
Sociopath has already won the entire game along with Grimmy though. I reread yesterday to keep me happy.
FLASH OF GREEN
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 pm

He knew how this game is really supposed to be played. I really miss him.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Consider the fact that the way it went down, the only reason there was a hammer was because ABR flipped out about a deadline extenstion (an hour after grimmy posted it, and I was in the middle of a reread (as indictated, and had not read the last few pages) Iece's argument about me not doing anything to stop San's lynch is invalid.

Also your quoted post has nothing to do with pursuing me further. In fact it comes before you even started questioning me, then you ask if I had amnesia. Then when I respond in the afermative you basically say okay good, lets hammer Socio now! and then never bring it up again. In fact besides asking if I had legitimate amnesia you didn't pressure me at all about forgetting the breadcrumb.

Also you are right. I didn't pressure you yesterday. I was saying that your acceptance of me forgetting his breadcrumb yesterday doing an abrupt 180 when I throw out my information (pressure) is ludicrous given how things happened yesterday.

Also I posit a rhetorical question (yes I know its WIFOM as hell, but I still feel its important). Why as scum would I attempt to gambit like this on a day where there are 5 people left and its possibly Lylo? And for those of you who have played with me before (both as town and scum) based on my past play which do you think is more likely, I am a scum making an aweful gambit, or a townie who has information that would be very relevant in a potential lylo situation?
-Tyler Durden
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Would-be hammers don't come out of nowhere. They happen because someone who was close to a lynch gets one more vote. Your argument that you neglected to protect your hypothetical town lover because things never got serious cannot be taken seriously. Your point that you were in the middle of a reread is similarly difficult to take seriously, except to prove my point; rereads, except for very quick ones designed to save your lover, aren't a natural response given townDoS's D1 situation.

My quoted post is to indicate that you didn't "pressure" me. It's obviously not intended to instantiate me pressuring you. And it's correct that my pressuring on you was fairly minimal; when you didn't respond and DGB had symptoms similar to you, I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt in the short term.

It's not really that terrible of a gambit, except for the frankly bizarre lovers claim. Given San's indication that she wanted to do something with me D2 and the likelihood that Beauty/Kay were tied into a single role, I'd say the only thing you're making up is what San's result was.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:43 am

Post by danakillsu »

Given San's indication that she wanted to do something with me D2 and the likelihood that Beauty/Kay were tied into a single role, I'd say the only thing you're making up is what San's result was.
How convenient. He's telling the truth about everything but what would mean lynching you...
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ And the lovers claim. That one's a huge fakeclaim slip-up. Don't quote misleadingly.

Lies/gambits are best when they're close to the truth.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:04 am

What reasons do you have to believe my lovers claim is fake?

Also if what you say now is true, then (all backtracking by you aside), I really am Beast. Its as simple as that.

Also with the would be hammer argument. Kpaca was at 5 until that very page (L-2), so its not like he was sitting at L-1 for eternity.
-Tyler Durden
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Iecerint »

Well, you're still alive, aren't you? That would seem to contradict the lovers claim.

No, you're scum who was given Beast as a fakeclaim, in the same way that SP was Geppetto given "Vulko Crow" and masonhood as a fakeclaim. Grimmy was Geppetto in the old game; he probably liked the mechanic so much that he expanded it while simultaneously reducing the number of roles in the game. The absurd Beauty-Beast-Kay-Bigby-Hakim cluster would be an obvious place to significantly reduce the number of connecting roles.

L-2 is, frankly, quite serious business, especially when several off-wagoners have openly expressed interest.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Grimmy »

Mod Note:
I got Jury Duty tomorrow. Not sure how long this will last, but ill check in whenever I can.

Grimmy
who do you have to kill to get out of jury duty?
(I know...that would just put me on the OTHER side of the process...but still...the look on thier faces? Priceless!)
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:12 am

Post by danakillsu »

Well, you're still alive, aren't you? That would seem to contradict the lovers claim.

No, you're scum who was given Beast as a fakeclaim, in the same way that SP was Geppetto given "Vulko Crow" and masonhood as a fakeclaim. Grimmy was Geppetto in the old game; he probably liked the mechanic so much that he expanded it while simultaneously reducing the number of roles in the game. The absurd Beauty-Beast-Kay-Bigby-Hakim cluster would be an obvious place to significantly reduce the number of connecting roles.

L-2 is, frankly, quite serious business, especially when several off-wagoners have openly expressed interest.
This post has convinced me until further notice that Iecerint is not the vote for today. However, I'm not 100% sure that DoS is, either. This is just plain confusing...
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't understand. Do you think it's plausible that we're both town and San was a reverse-death miller? O.o

I mean, cautious is fine, but unless you have a 100% on someone else, there's a fairly solid 1/1 between DoS and me as far as I can tell.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:09 am

Post by danakillsu »

yeah, that's true. I wanted to take the time to make sure that I wouldn't be hammering when I
vote: DragonsofSummer
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 am

Grimmy wrote:
Mod Note:
I got Jury Duty tomorrow. Not sure how long this will last, but ill check in whenever I can.
Just tell them you need 5 minutes to adjudicate a lynch. They'll totally understand.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am

Icerink, you may hammer that scum at your earliest convenience. It's a no-brainer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”