Newbie 922: Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Lawls »

1) Have you played with anyone on this list before?
2) What is your prior mafia game experience?
3) What is your favorite fruit?
4) Self-identify an aspect of your personality or mafia-playstyle.

1. No don't think so
2. Played around 30-40 games on another site and one on this site.
3. Grapes
4. Like to play laid back and just observe the game

Vote Panacea
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Lawls »

You seem to be worried Panacea, are you worried?
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Lawls »

So much posts over RVS. People seem to be getting their panties in a twist, oh wait that's only Pancea. (Only cause you're a girl, good to see some chick mafia players)

Honestly I have no idea what to make of this so far, everyone seems to be going to different sides etc.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Lawls »

havingfitz I can only really post one post a day as I'm in a different timezone when all the activity is happening so yeh kinda sucks.

Pancea my vote on you is only random as most people have been doing, nothing has really struck out at me yet but I will keep my vote on you at this stage.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Lawls »

Lawls: How good would you consider yourself at MafiaScum?

Maybe 2 or 3 outta 10 being 3 would be generous. This site is full on posting posts that are like 1-5 paragraphs long. on my other site post maybe a 3-4 sentences thats it not even. Ill have an in depth read of the game so far and a player analysis hopefully by tomorrow
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Lawls »

Rayfrost I thought you can only be in one game at a time, aren't you in game 909 also?
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by Lawls »

Acosmist: In his first post he comes off a bit scummy imo, in saying that he dismisses mafia strategies in which he does not understand. Well what happens if these strategies can make or break the game, will you not try at least to learn them? I just find this a bit weird to start off with. The points on Pancea are valid and seem to make sense. In one of his posts he mentions that he doesn’t like receiving role pm’s, but this time was happy to receive it as the game meaning the game had started. We can only assume he is telling the truth or that he has a role that is not of just a townie. Last thing I picked up on he seems bothered by my post’s which is understandable :P

Andrius: Is he even still in this game? If so I’ve got nothing on him needs to post more.

BridgesAndBaloons: Is definitely into the game, and seems to jump on every little thing that he can pick out on someone. Thinks Panacea is overly helpful coming off as a scum tell, while I don’t think that she is being overly helpful she is just at the right level. ‘I'm not scum, and I haven't lied once this game.’ An answer in which he gave to a question from Panacea, I just find it to be a bit odd I’m not really sure myself why.

Cojin: As he states doesn’t have just one tactic to use in mafia games, which I find a bit interesting but still accept it. ‘I prefer town as I find it less stressing.’ An answer in which he responded to, with this answer I think we would able to tell if he was town or scum at certain points in the game. Hasn’t posted much either so I’ll leave it at that.

Elementary Fermion: First game on this site so welcome. ‘But really, in the few games that I have played, the people who talked the most and the least were scummy, or at least had some other non-vanilla role. After a lynch and a nightkill have both been consummated, I find that the true hunt can begin, based on those two actions and the responses thereto.’ One of his posts about how he hunts for scum. His vote is on me idk if it’s still classified as a random vote or not but there are people less active than me including yourself. According to the post Panacea could be mafia which I don’t see at the moment.

Havingfitz:’ Lawls...for someone with a lot of mafia experience you do not have a lot to say and you have been a bit lurky. One post a day is better than a lot of people (unfortunately) but three posts of little to no value aren't a very pro town effort. Town should be engaged in the game andd looking for scum.’ Trust me if you saw me on the other site you would be able to tell if I was mafia or not. I do tend to lurk because at the early stages of the game I have nothing on people. I can’t get too much of a read on people including you. But one thing that strikes out to me is that you seem to misinterpret my posts so far. Your FOS on Independent John I don’t like, maybe he just forgot about it all which I doubt but I don’t think that it is worth putting a FOS on for.

Independent John: Posted very little nothing on him until he can get back online.

Panacea: Doesn’t like to share the way in which she likes to play which I can understand but still think is a bit scummy as it would be good for the town to know. Like someone else mentioned someone put me at L-3 so she unvotes me and puts Elemenatary Fermion at L-3 which makes no sense at all, unless it was just a simple mistake. She recommended a RVS yet when people voted her she starts asking for reasons which just contradicts the point of a RVS. Is definitely into the game and at first seemed slightly scum in my eyes and sorta still is, but leaning more towards town.

Rayfrost: States Panacea is obv town, and that the case on her is horrible. How can you be so certain in the first day phase of a game? Scum helping out scum? Trying to get her out of the spotlight who knows. Panacea’s reaction when Rayfrost came in could be just that a normal reaction, or one that she has him as a scum buddy. Wants me to post more as well in which I am doing now :P

So to conclude
FOS on Rayfrost, Panacea and Havingfitz
Unvote Vote Acosmist
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Lawls »

Onto other things...

Lawls: How is Panacea's play in this game consistent with her play in other games?
I haven't read other games that she has been in so I wouldn't know.

Panacea I don't see how my post isn't helping town, you tell me to post more I do, most my thoughts on players I do. Yet you still criticize me for not being helpful enough.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Lawls »

You wouldn't even what to see the way I played in the game. Lynched 1st day as a vanilla townie game 909 if you want to read it
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Lawls »

And people say my posts and worthy
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Lawls »

I would like one answer from everybody at this stage.

What are your thoughts on Acomist's play so far
What are your thoughts on my play so far

Thankyou
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Lawls »

Acosmist wrote:
Lawls wrote:What are your thoughts on Acomist's play so far
A tour de force.
What are your thoughts on my play so far
Soporific.

You need to get in the game, so to speak. You're posting more, but that posting needs to have more content. You need to do some original analysis. I don't expect everyone to put in an hour analyzing each player's current and historical play, but you need to come up with at least one original insight. When people call you on this flaw, you need to avoid petulant
tu quoque
counterattacks.

Say something of substance, and when it gets torn to shreds (as it will), cowboy up and defend yourself.
Thanks so far Acomist and Coijin.
Acomist would you mind translating those words in other languages to English please?
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Lawls »

Yes my first language is of course English. Even though it may now show at times ;D
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Lawls »

1. What do you think of a Cojin lynch? Would you be on the lynchwagon? Why/why
not?

2. Which of the players in this game would you not want to be in LyLo with?

3. What player do you find yourself agreeing with the most?

4. Why shouldn't we lynch you right now?
1. He has been lurking like me not posting much, but I wouldn't vote him as I don't see him scum.

2. I'm not quite sure what this question means care to elaborate.

3. Tbh Panacea has brought up some good points imo and you as well besides the Cojin lynch idea.

4. You shouldn't lynch me now because I'm innocent.
Lawls, why did you vote Panacea at that particular moment?

Lawls, are you waiting for something? When do you think you will become more active? Or will you stay this passive the whole game? Yes you have made votes, but not of them very strong.
RVS was mentioned so that is the sole reason why I voted her.
No I'm not waiting for something. I'll become more active when I'm being asked questions and when I feel the need to point out or say something. No I will not stay this passive the whole game.
Why do you want our thoughts on Acosmist? To validate your vote on him?
I want thoughts on Acosmist just to see what people think of his play not to validate my vote on him as you say.
Lawls: what was the nature of that vote?
I voted you because I think you are scum and I stating reasons in the post you quoted me on. If you don't think they are strong enough reasons to vote you fine then, I can't make up your mind.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Lawls »

Use to sure like to talk a lot between yourselves don't you ;D
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by Lawls »

Yeh I know about the rule of no outside communication, all good ;D

RayFrost just a quick quesiton.

Do you see my game different from game 909? if so in which ways?
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Lawls »

Which points and what made sense about them? Why did they only "seem" to make sense?
Your point about her spaming a lot is valid. Most of her posts contribute to the game but some just are here and there sorta posts. And I agree with the way she plays after reading a game of her's
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Lawls »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Lawls:
answer this
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: Lawls, are you waiting for something? When do you think you will become more active? Or will you stay this passive the whole game? Yes you have made votes, but not of them very [strongly].
iirc I already answered that question, so you can go back and look for it. Sorry for the inactivity guys had a very busy weekend.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Post by Lawls »

No I'm not waiting for something. I'll become more active when I'm being asked questions and when I feel the need to point out or say something. No I will not stay this passive the whole game.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Lawls »

Cojin wrote:
Lawls wrote:No I'm not waiting for something. I'll become more active when I'm being asked questions and when I feel the need to point out or say something. No I will not stay this passive the whole game.
At what point in the game will you become more active?

pancea you cant refrence ongoing games in any way
most likely after the first night if im still alive
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Lawls »

No I don't anticipate being nk'd. There are no real reasons why I should be nk'd.
I do think that I will be lynched this day. The case against me is pretty strong, but its just the way I play
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Lawls »

You know what I can't play games on this site big step up from where I usually play.

Unvote Vote Lawls
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Lawls »

Panacea wrote:
Lawls wrote:You know what I can't play games on this site big step up from where I usually play.

Unvote Vote Lawls
Please withdraw your vote? I'd very much like you to hang around MS. This is a great place to learn. I'm sorry this game has been a newbie-nightmare. Will you please consider replacing out here and trying one more newbie game before you give up on this site? :( I promise it can be a fun place. Or hang in a while longer? Elementary already woke us up to the need to make this game more newbie-friendly. :?
I don't see the point my first game was horrible as well
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Lawls »

replace me then IDC
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by Lawls »

Replace me please mod
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Lawls »

Glad to see I'm the point of discussion :D
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Lawls »

Mod don't replace me please

Panacea I'll try to clear up any questions asked so ask away guys
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Lawls »

Unvote Vote Cojin
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Lawls »

Panacea wrote:Acosmist, it seems like you're quite gung-ho, not necessarily for a Lawls lynch, but for the diffusion of a Cojin one. All things aside, Lawls's "Oh, wait, never mind" return to the game strikes me as a
whole
helluva lot scummier than a cookie-cut request for replacement. I have to wonder if his intention might have been to buy some time all along?

Lawls, how do you feel about that?

Acosmist, what exactly makes you think, not necessarily that Lawls is scum, but that Cojin isn't? Is it primarily Havingfitz's responses, and if so shouldn't your vote then be on Havingfitz..?
I think its reasonable that you think I'm scum after what I have pulled out. I would be a bit suspicious of what that person was doing as well. But no I'm not scum I just took your post after the one I posted into consideration and decided to give this another shot.

Cojin, no I didn't try to get a quick hammer on you as I checked the last vote count that was given and updated it with any other votes given. You thinking that you got lynched was all just in your head.
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Lawls »

Fucking piece of crap just like the first game I get voted because I'm the new player and come off scum. Everyone has a really weird read on me, just because I lurk doesn't mean I'm scum like I said in my first post I tend to hold back in games on the first day, as I can't get a good enough read on ppl.

Panacea if you didn't think I was scum why vote for me? It would be better if we had a no lynch so we don't lose an innocent during the day as well as at night, which would put you in a bad position. I tried to give this whole Mafia Scum a try but I don't think it will work out.

Unvote Vote Lawls
(just for the LAWLS)
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Lawls »

I was not acting in a way of defeat and read my above post about my activeness kthxbai
Lawls
Lawls
Goon
Lawls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (isolation #31) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Lawls »

Did I not say Acosmist was mafia?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”