Open 205 - Medical Mafia - Game Over Too Soon?

Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Light »

mykonian wrote:and no vote.
i don't do serious votes until i am absolutely sure that this is right.

Im going to reread this thread to see if any1 has slipped up.

Vote Count #12

Light (2) - DiscoRoboto, kyle99
DiscoRoboto (2) - Mindgamer, mykonian
XScorpion (2) - Bio Hazard
Looker (1) - XScorpion
Mindgamer (1) - Looker
kyle99 (1) - SaintKerrigan

Not Voting (1) - Light

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

kyle99 has been prodded.
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Looker »

So I'm guessing that if this goes down to deadline, we'll end up with a No Lynch, right?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by XScorpion »

And that would be bad.
When is the deadline?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Looker »

Close enough for you to vote actual scum, I hope
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Deadline is the end of March 10th, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Post by Light »

[/color]*
I have no idea what you're talking about. ALTERNATIVELY: Thanks for shedding some
light
on that problem!
YEEEEEAAAAHHHH 8-)

thats in about 10 days. We really need to get the ball moving. Im going to re-analyse discoroboto's posts.
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Ten days is a lot. Nothing to be hasty about. I fully support rereads though. 8-)

I was reading Bio Hazard in ISO and I saw I missed something:
Bio Hazard wrote:
mindgamer wrote:Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.

This would be valid if that's ALL disco had been doing this game. He was just defending himself against looker's crappy argument.
Nope, one good flaw is enough for me. It wouldn't matter if DiscoRoboto would have been the most towny person ever in the rest of this game, a flaw is a flaw and I will call you scum for it.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:36 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Like Mindgamer knows, I like to have lurkers lynched pretty soon. Having a lurker go through until endgame is practically suicide, even if he is a townie.

My motivations on lynching lurkers is that when a lurker comes into lategame/endgame he has NO knowledge on the game (at least if I replace or join the game later on I don't have the vibes I normally have) which makes it doubtful if he will be helpful. Besides that, nobody got a read on him. Lurking isn't a scumtell per se, so lynching him would be a guess. I hate guessing in my lynches.

So if Town is willing to agree with me, let's lynch kyle.
Xonar!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:07 am

Post by mykonian »

Mindgamer wrote:Ten days is a lot. Nothing to be hasty about. I fully support rereads though. 8-)

I was reading Bio Hazard in ISO and I saw I missed something:
Bio Hazard wrote:
mindgamer wrote:Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.

This would be valid if that's ALL disco had been doing this game. He was just defending himself against looker's crappy argument.
Nope, one good flaw is enough for me. It wouldn't matter if DiscoRoboto would have been the most towny person ever in the rest of this game, a flaw is a flaw and I will call you scum for it.
and I have to say that Disco said it in different ways, multiple times, and plays following this strategy. And even claims it to be the best way of playing...
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:13 am

Post by XScorpion »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Like Mindgamer knows, I like to have lurkers lynched pretty soon. Having a lurker go through until endgame is practically suicide, even if he is a townie.

My motivations on lynching lurkers is that when a lurker comes into lategame/endgame he has NO knowledge on the game (at least if I replace or join the game later on I don't have the vibes I normally have) which makes it doubtful if he will be helpful. Besides that, nobody got a read on him. Lurking isn't a scumtell per se, so lynching him would be a guess. I hate guessing in my lynches.

In the past I have shared your argument that lynching lurkers is a good idea early on (for the exact same reasons you've listed above), but it doesn't make sense to vote a lurker when there are so many very scummy targets.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

'Have I been scummy this game' IS A PART OF THE GAME. The moment you get a Town role PM you normally don't want to be lynched as
that is negative for the town.

so very many scummy targets xscorp? Me, you, light all have 3 votes, so who else? Besides, there is nothing concrete on either one of us (in my opinion) and
I
'd rather go for a solid lynch.
Xonar!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:'Have I been scummy this game' IS A PART OF THE GAME. The moment you get a Town role PM you normally don't want to be lynched as
that is negative for the town.

so very many scummy targets xscorp? Me, you, light all have 3 votes, so who else? Besides, there is nothing concrete on either one of us (in my opinion) and
I
'd rather go for a solid lynch.
1. town has to catch scum to win.
2. lynching anybody just to save yourself = scum.
3. lynching a lurker is seen to be random (as the roles were given randomly, and people lurk anyway).

So in stead of screaming "IDONTWANTTOGETLYNCHED", which is true for town and scum, but only for scum it is the only thing they have to care about, would you please do the thing you have to do as town: search scum?
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:45 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

You can catch scum and not look scummy at the same time.

Lynching someone to save yourself is scummy, but only if you getting lynched is more profitable. I.e. getting someone else lynched if that person gives more information when dead, it's better. I do agree that lynching anybody JUST to save yourself is scummy.
Xonar!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:49 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:You can catch scum and not look scummy at the same time.
it's a shame you aren't doing it. You bandwagon and you want to lynch a lurker. While kyle always lurks (no excuse, but that makes it a random lynch)
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

I bandwagon? I had always outed my suspicions towards Light, my vote is on him because you guys stimulated to vote.

I don't know ANYTHING about Kyle's playstyle so how could I know if he always lurks? Besides, I rather have a 'random' lynch on d1 then in lategame.
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Looker »

XScorpion's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2138482#2138482]Post 309[/url] wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:Like Mindgamer knows, I like to have lurkers lynched pretty soon. Having a lurker go through until endgame is practically suicide, even if he is a townie.

In the past I have shared your argument that lynching lurkers is a good idea early on (for the exact same reasons you've listed above), but it doesn't make sense to vote a lurker when there are so many very scummy targets.
You're not making any sense at all and it seems like you're stalling until deadline.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 am

Post by XScorpion »

What part do you not understand?
XScorpion wrote:In the past I have shared your argument that lynching lurkers is a good idea early on
Other games I have advocated voting the lurker due to the belief that voting for anyone else (in those other games) was no more likely to turn up scum. Come endgame, I'd rather have a lurker than someone who acts scummy.
XScorpion wrote:but it doesn't make sense to vote a lurker when there are so many very scummy targets.
I don't want to vote Kyle because today we should be lynching one of:
Myself
Disco
Light
Looker
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Looker »

Okay, what are you trying to do? Are you trying to lynch yourself or is that some kind of "I'mTown"Bluff/Gambit? And why did you put me in there? To be honest, I really don't know why you're voting me at all. (<-Hoping that doesn't come off jerkish, I'm just interested)
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:02 am

Post by XScorpion »

I'm curious as to why you think that everyone has hidden motives behind what they do.
I'm trying to state the obvious because for some reason you don't seem to get it.

I'm voting you because I think you are scum because you are doing things that make no sense to me, which is exactly what you did last time. You accused me of being scum in 191, and didn't vote me because you were scum trying to keep options open. Here you are doing the exact same thing: you claim that I am probably scum, yet don't vote for me. Why?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Looker »

I didn't claim you were scum? I said your lynch would be beautiful, but I don't remember claiming you were scum.

I'm about to go to work. Scrounge up anything you can find and, once I get back, I'll go through all of it. Remember, though: Just because I was scum last game doesn't mean I'm scum again this game.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:35 am

Post by XScorpion »

Looker wrote:I didn't claim you were scum?
I said your lynch would be beautiful,
What does this even mean?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Looker »

PT Break.

Your lynch would've been beautiful because you were attacking me for no reason and I was, and remain, curious as to why. I say "would've" because I assume you're going to bring up a case against me. If not, then your lynch would still be beautiful. Unless, of course, you're voting me because I was scum the last time I played with you, which is not a good reason in and of itself to vote me.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by XScorpion »

So you're saying that you think I'm going to turn up scum and then you would be cleared as town because I'm attacking you?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Looker »

I doubt I'd be cleared.

ScumScorpLynch = 1 less scum
TownScorpLynch = 1 less tunnel-visioned (read:useless) townie

I'm trying to avoid the second option, which is why I keep asking for you to provide an actual case.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by XScorpion »

So if I provide a case against you, which would basically just be a re-iteration of my points that:
You tried to lynch Danny which serves no purpose.
You claim it is a FACT that either I or Mykonian is scum, which you cannot know for certain unless you are scum yourself.
You aren't voting for either of us.

This would make me less useless? I don't see what difference it would make, since you still haven't said why those points don't make you scum.
I also find it ironic that Mykonian points out me, Light and StK for "wishywashy" behaviour, but not you. What's the deal with that?

Return to “Completed Open Games”