Mini 928 - Bloodlust Mafia Remix - Over!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Day 1 Votecount:

Haylen (3) - almightybob, The1fifi, julien
McZombie (1) - MrSuave
The1fifi (1) - bv130
julienwolfe (1) - ConfidAnon
MrSuave (1) - McZombie
Dr.Cyanide (2) - Civil Scum, Concerned

Not Voting (3): Haylen, Dr. Cyanide, Mr.Sandman

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is March 5th.

havingfitz replaces McZombie.

Prodding almightybob.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Hello all. Almost midnight here so I'll start my read tomorrow.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by MrSuave »

Welcome! It's too bad McZombie's internets is broken. =/
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by The1fifi »

Cyanide is indeed acting like a joke, and very diferent from my other game i am in with him, altough i don't like his alignment in said game.

@Concerned : I am sort of annoyed for you seing red flags from me and town vibes from julien.
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by almightybob »

Hey, just a quick prod response. Still here, still alive. I'll try to have some useful thoughts up very soon.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

My reasons for voting CivilScum.

Point One:

CivilScum wrote:unvote
vote: 1fifi
fifi or sauve?

Who's in?
Pushing for bandwagon.

Point Two:
CivilScum wrote:
The1fifi wrote:By self voting, i got 3 votes. With another person jumping in, it makes 4, which is a pretty good point to start a serious wagon.

I self voted exactly to create a reaction from someone, so i could get a read, cause this game is starting slowly.

Yeah, I'll believe this in a million years [/sarcasm]
Downgrading a decent scumhunting technique, then attacking the shit out of it.

Next post:

CivilScum wrote:Although now that I think about it, both of those things: joking in that spirit in RVS and saying that it was meant to get reactions because the game was starting slowly doesn't fully contradict what he said about julien voting him for joking.
Lightening his previous post, so as not to seem too inapropriate (looks like he's covering for himself).

CivilScum wrote:It's a big part of why I attacked him all my last game with him. Saying things just to make people look bad. He did it horribly all game and got lynched as a townie.

It's just how he plays I think, no matter how annoying it can get :/ which is pretty god damn annoying.
It really looks like you're doing the exact same thing that you attacked julien for all your last game with him. It looks like you're saying things just to make people look bad. That is how I recieved all your attacks on The1fifi and myself.

Point Three:
CivilScum wrote:As I remember, that lynch was due to a bad statistical analysis of my interactions wtih somebody else that was supported by scum, plus a drunken hammer. Meanwhile, that day, I had managed to be suspicious of both scum, remember?
Discussing a previous game, he puts across that his suspicions were correct, insinuating that his suspicions should be trusted here.

CivilScum wrote:Suggest something productive otherwise quit defending fifi.
I hadn't even mentioned The1fifi. Assumption or misleading misinterpretation.

CivilScum wrote:Dr cyanide, there are things to look at here, it's troubling to hear you suggest that we abandon it. We still have people to hear from, and I've got a couple other bad vibes, and it's early. But to say we should ignore all of this and do what is, I TOTALLY agree, going BACKWARDS, is, well, very backwards of you.
I did not say that we should abandon it, I suggested we/others should do something else/ something more productive than attacking one player over a weak argument that didn't seem to be going anywhere.

This is what I mean by Putting Words In My Mouth.

CivilScum wrote:So far, dr cyanide, your defens of fifi amounts to: "Early cases are never right and never hit scum...it's ALWAYS a later one, the third or fourth..."
Awesomely huge assumption.

CivilScum wrote:Words in your mouth? Okay wait let me correct myself. You said everyone involved in the discussion around an early BW is innocent, not just the person in the crosshairs. Was that better?
Yet again, I did not say this, still trying to put words in my mouth. Even worse, when I ask CivilScum where I said this in post 132 he responds by voting for me.

The1fifi wrote:Civils Scum, about your discussion with Cyanide, i definetely think you are right.
Trying to warm up the guy that was just attacking you. Nice.

CivilScum wrote:I also dislike how you made all these criticisms and then offered no alternative. You're talking about "looking everywhere" and "keeping an open mind" without the slightest inclination to do so. Besides your vaguest of ideas about an RQS stage you didn't initiate.
I've been busy r/l. I haven't been giving this game 100%. Excuse me.
Concerned wrote:"VOTE : Dr Cyanide
I agree with Civil completely, I'd add more to the case but whenever I feel like I have something to add Dr Cyanide says it. He's not even trying to defend himself anymore, trying to get the game back on to RVS tracks... wtf?? "
Nice. You're basing your assumptions on Civils assumptions. It's the blind leading the blind.

Something tells me you attack everything you don't understand, don't you CivilScum.
Show
"When I said that Mercy stood,
Within the borders of the wood,
I meant the lenient beast with claws,
And bloody swift-dispatching jaws."

"Cyanide has the BEST avatar ever." ~animorpherv1

Back from Sabbatical. Yay me.
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by Concerned »

Well the above isn't addressed at me but I will say that it mostly looks like rubbish.
DrCyanide wrote:Nice. You're basing your assumptions on Civils assumptions. It's the blind leading the blind.
You basically defend yourself by saying everything Civil has said is an assumption and I don't agree with it at all, he's made reasonable and logical comments on your posts.
So far, dr cyanide, your defens of fifi amounts to: "Early cases are never right and never hit scum...it's ALWAYS a later one, the third or fourth..."
How is this an assumption? You did say this???
I hadn't even mentioned The1fifi. Assumption or misleading misinterpretation.
You didn't mention him but you obliquely pointed out how his wagon was most likely a bad one, it's like you're skirting around the point with a lil half-truth.

You're basically backtracking, your defense is based on the fact that civil misunderstood you or made assumption about what you meant. You're not saying "civil's case is bad" you're saying "civil 's case is only good under his interpretation". Since we only have your word that his interpretation is wrong I'm not convinced by this defense at all.
thefifi wrote: @Concerned : I am sort of annoyed for you seing red flags from me and town vibes from julien.
This is a rather odd comment to make. You've definitely come off as more scummy than Julien at this point, at least from my perspective.
Concerned
Concerned
Goon
Concerned
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Post by Concerned »

Also some people might as well replace out of this game as they've posted close to zero content, specifically MrSandman and bv310 but there are other offenders as well.

I'm tempted to lynch some lurkers purely because of how anti-town it is, the amount of lurkers in this game makes it so easy for scum to hide in lurker mode.
Stop being so damned anti-town, it's just frustrating.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Civil Scum »

cyanide wrote: Nice. You're basing your assumptions on Civils assumptions. It's the blind leading the blind.

Something tells me you attack everything you don't understand, don't you CivilScum
So, before you were saying I was posssibly scum, and now you're saying that I'm not... ????
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Yeah, I'm up for lynching some lurkers. Deadline's in under a week.

We could kill all of them one by one, and if we lost we could blame it on them.
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:44 am

Post by The1fifi »

Civil Scum wrote:Yeah, I'm up for lynching some lurkers. Deadline's in under a week.

We could kill all of them one by one, and if we lost we could blame it on them.
WTF???? Is that a townish player post?? Seriously? You wanna lose and blame it on lurkers!? That is a perfect scum strategy, lead town to lynch lurkers, who can't defend themselves, while deviating from scumhunting.

I totally wanna lynch you now.

Unvote. Vote Civil scum
Matteh says :
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Civil Scum »

cyanide wrote:
Julien wrote:
As I remember, that lynch was due to a bad statistical analysis of my interactions wtih somebody else that was supported by scum, plus a drunken hammer. Meanwhile, that day, I had managed to be suspicious of both scum, remember?
Discussing a previous game, he puts across that his suspicions were correct, insinuating that his suspicions should be trusted here.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Civil Scum »

If the lurkers dont vote, and the lurkers arent scum, I don't think the town could even get a scum lynched.

Fifi, so you're fine with having 3+ players who arent playing?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Civil Scum »

fifi wrote: while deviating from scumhunting.
Interesting...didn't you "agree" somewhat with my scumhunting in your previous post?
fifi wrote: Cyanide is indeed acting like a joke, and very diferent from my other game i am in with him, altough i don't like his alignment in said game.
Why yes, yes you sorta did.

And concerned brought this up anyways but you don't even mention him :(

I also think julien looks better than you coming out of the game's early stages. That was a weird comment.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:59 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...completed my read.

I suspect everyone. My main suspects atm are fifi and Dr Cyanide. I also have concerns with the lurkers and/or people who seem to be posting for the sake of posting:

Haylen – 20 posts but nothing said
MrSuave – 14 posts of limited value
AB – 8 posts with a few worth reading
Bv – 7 posts of very limited worth
Sandman – 5 posts of absolutely no value

While I did not see any problem with fifi asking what was wrong with being friendly (as it appeared MrSuave and Civil Scum thought it merited attention (thought they did not call it a negative)...the way fifi has played since that initial attention getter has been suspect IMO. Her vote has moved a few times for reasons I find questionalbe. Also, I am not a big fan of self-votes (though it has only happened in one of my previous games iirc) or softclaims.

Regarding the self-vote...I’m not sure why fifi got so much attention for it while Haylen had self-voted previously and continued to have the self-vote until after the fifi self-vote topic had exhausted itself. But no one seems to have found fault with Haylen. (congrats on your engagement btw).

Dr Cyanide for his outburst about someone over-reacting and in general his play since then? (gut...sorry)

I’m still digesting what I have read but I wanted to get something into the game so people knew I was in it. If anyone has any questions fire away.

While I ponder a better place for my vote....
Unvote
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I'm going to do a reread (probably tonight) to get my head back in the game, and hopefully come in with a decent post.

Sorry about being kind of lurk-ish.
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:05 am

Post by The1fifi »

Civil Scum wrote:
fifi wrote: while deviating from scumhunting.
Interesting...didn't you "agree" somewhat with my scumhunting in your previous post?
fifi wrote: Cyanide is indeed acting like a joke, and very diferent from my other game i am in with him, altough i don't like his alignment in said game.
Why yes, yes you sorta did.

And concerned brought this up anyways but you don't even mention him :(

I also think julien looks better than you coming out of the game's early stages. That was a weird comment.
First, my post was meant to say "i don0t know his alignment.." no idea where the "like" came from.

Second...If they are lurking they will eventually be replaced out, ya know? Lets not give scum free night kills because of lurkers.

And yes, i agree on your case on Cyanide. But i can't decide if he is playing bad or playing scum.. And you re playing seems much more dangerous to town.
Matteh says :
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:07 am

Post by The1fifi »

havingfitz wrote: Regarding the self-vote...I’m not sure why fifi got so much attention for it while Haylen had self-voted previously and continued to have the self-vote until after the fifi self-vote topic had exhausted itself. But no one seems to have found fault with Haylen. (congrats on your engagement btw).
thats why i don't llike to waste time lynching lurkers, because replacements always bring new views to the game. And this is something i haven't noticed. You kept on attacking me for my self vote, but you didn't attack haylen.. I am liking my vote on CS even more.
Matteh says :
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Part of the reason I didn't like your self-vote was that haylen had already done it and no one cared.

I saw it as you mimicking her behavior.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Civil Scum »

cyanide wrote: Lightening his previous post, so as not to seem too inapropriate (looks like he's covering for himself).
It was also saying that the contradiction julien was talking about wasn't cut and dry.

Anyways, a townie can't admit they may have been too strong about a certain point, or had been thinking about something incorrectly?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Fifi, if you had been paying close attention, why'd you think the self-voting was going to get a usable reaction when no one even mentioned haylen's ?
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:07 am

Post by The1fifi »

I didn't even think about haylen's, cause myself vote was not RVS. -.- Or else, it was, but with the intuit of ending them, or at least find a reaction to start working from.
Matteh says :
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Haylen »

I self vote all the time. And plan on continuing.

Vote McZombie

Her brother's online just fine and they're sharing internet.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:44 am

Post by almightybob »

Sorry for the poor showing from me guys. Anyway, some thoughts on what's come up since my last post regarding various players:

I still don't like
Dr Cyanide
's push to move us back to an RQS in 121. Let me be clear - RQS would
not
be a step forward. We have leads to pursue. RQS and RVS are useful for getting the ball rolling, nothing more. We're past that. I don't know why Dr C kept pushing this.
Although Civil Scum did make a good point in 131 that there's not much scum motivation to stifle discussion if it was between two Townies. Cyanide/fifi scumbuddies perhaps? Certainly if one turns out to be scum I will be looking
very
hard at the other.
Also, Dr C does over-react to the scrutiny quite badly. However, I'm not sure that this is necessarily a scumtell - more an experience-tell. Learning to keep your cool under examination and pressure is about experience in Mafia more than alignment.

Civil Scum
is making some good pro-Town points, although he does seem to be carrying a lot of bias from a previous game into this one. If the game in question is over, could you link me please Civil so I can see why you (and a few others) are so hung up on referencing it in this game?

Not impressed one bit by
Mr Suave
's reappearance just to commit Gambler's Fallacy then disappear again. If he was serious with his remark, then it just looks like trying to paint a target who won't argue back as scummy. I don't like that. All he's doing is popping in to make pointless comments that serve no scumhunting purpose.

Haylen
- if you're too busy to play the game, replace out. Don't lurk the whole way through it. Your "Oh but I'm lurking in all my games right now" just tells me that you've taken on too many games at once. If you're going to raise the bar, fine, but do it quick. Lurking is not OK just because you always do it - that just makes you always a liability. I'm looking forward to your PBPA.

fifi
- still all over the place. The pressure on you seems to have subsided (much to your relief I'm sure) but don't think you're off the hook. Particularly your vote on Haylen had weak, weak reasoning behind it. There are pro-Town reasons to conceal your role just as there are scum reasons.
Also, AtE defence in 178 is not a defence.
On the other hand, your 185 reaction to Civil's hugely suspect 184 is exactly what I felt when reading it just now. This gains you a few Town points in my eyes.

havingfitz
has made a good start to the game. I likes it. I'd like to know what you think of 184/185 fitz.

Preview edit: And Haylen - McZombie has been replaced by havingfitz.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Haylen »

O.o....wow...
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”