AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hmm, Hito's last post made a lot of sense. I especially liked his analysis on Neto (who still has yet to post, by the way).
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Sakako wrote:But Kyle still hasn't made any sort of rebuttal as to why he did this.
I'm not even sure why I need to explain this hammer. He fake-claimed a power role and than said that he would have claimed roleblocked... How does this not warrant a hammer?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I see absolutely nothing wrong with kyle's hammer.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Lowell »

vote sako
. He looked town to me yesterday, but the pushing of the kyle wagon is horrible. Again, hammering a fake-claim is not scummy.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I think that the Hito/Bob argument seems to be between two pro-town players - it doesn't sound like either of them are scum to me. I also agree with Reckoner that we really can't call anyone scummy just because they were on the Monkey wagon - any active player, town or scum, would have and should have jumped on it. Nikanor...While he seems scummy, I've caught Scum-Nikanor, and he played much differently. Kyle does the whole "pop up once I'm attacked" thing again which gains him scum points in my eyes, although the hammer alone isn't enough for that given his past activity level. I'm going to do an iso-reread of Lowell - it may be nothing, but I think that there may be something there.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Analysis of Lowell:
(Post # refers to isolation post)
0) Random vote
1) Weak reasoning, but still early in the game.
2) Vague, unsubstantiated attacks
3-4) Decent post, but shows signs of active lurking since the post was made 2 days later than his previous one and has little additional content
5) Strange post altogether - the whole "I think scum would play as X" is a bit weak.
6) Weak reasoning for a vote given the lateness in the day
7) Decent post, better than most, but it really doesn't advocate any position.
8) "Yeah, it was my idea first..."
9) Attacks me because if Monkey flips town, I'm scum and if Monkey flips scum, I'm scum. Additionally, considers hammering Monkey before letting him claim - it seems as if he's setting himself up to look like a pro-town player when Monkey flips town.
10) Agreement, strange logic leading to a weak result.
14) "Yeah, I'd like to lynch somebody else, but I'm going to keep my vote over here because it looks townie"
17) Good posting about the Monkey wagon not necessarily being scummy
18) Attacking the easy target - the second-best target from the previous day.

Altogether, these posts show that Lowell is afraid to take a solid position and seems to be far too eager to be in the majority in any case.

Unvote, vote: Lowell
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

This game feels weird to me. I can really see a few scummy people, but no connections. Furthermore, I feel like this was the most info-generating D1 ever. I'm tempted to vote Lowell, but I want to see his reaction/response to Neto first.

PS, this could be a bus.
green shirt thursdays
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Lowell »

I dont' have much to say about neto. It's strange that he said he was going to do an iso of me and then immediately came back with a vote. Seems like he already knew he wanted to do that. I dont' buy the "he's not doing enough" attack. That's insanely subjective and can (if one was so inclined), be said about just about anyone.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Sakako »

Lowell, and Kyle. You've both completely ignored what I'm worried about.
Me wrote: ...It came too quickly, this much is obvious. That's the problem I've got with this hammer, not the fact that he's the one who did it...
OHmygod.

Read, people. If I didn't have my vote on Kyle already, I'd definitely be voting him now.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Netopalis »

Lowell: With only 16 posts, it didn't take me that long to do an iso read on you. I made my post, then did the read. If you notice, there are about 10 minutes between the posts.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:07 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

obv bus is obv.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:21 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

AlmasterGM wrote:obv bus is obv.
QFT

Vote: Lowell

The fact that Neto's 655 was possibly a bus-case doesn't change the fact that he raised good points and possibly just got his scumbuddy lynched. If only one of them is scum, though, it's probably Lowell.
green shirt thursdays
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:55 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XVI

[3] Lowell - (hitogoroshi, Netopalis, xRECKONERx)

[2] Sakako - (almightybob, Lowell)
[1] almightybob - (Nikanor)
[1] xRECKONERx - (kyle99)
[1] hitogoroshi - (AlmasterGM)
[1] kyle99 - (Sakako)
[0] AlmasterGM - ()
[0] Espeonage - ()
[0] Netopalis - ()
[0] Nikanor - ()

[1]
Not Voting
- (Espeonage)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prod Checks

24+ hours since last post:

almightybob (last post on the 1st hour of Feb 26th)
hitogoroshi (last post on the 21st hour of Feb 25th)
Espeonage (last post on the 17th hour of Feb 25th)

Being prodded

Nikanor (last post on the 19th hour of Feb 24th)[/i]
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* I don't often bus. Also, like I said yesterday, I work much, much better on D2. There's more to analyze and it plays more to my style. Finally, I don't think you can see a strong connection between us on D1. Regardless, Lowell's the play today, I feel.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Netopalis wrote:*shrugs* I don't often bus. Also, like I said yesterday, I work much, much better on D2. There's more to analyze and it plays more to my style.
Meta FTL.
Net wrote:Finally, I don't think you can see a strong connection between us on D1. Regardless, Lowell's the play today, I feel.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression that this was more of a scumtell than a towntell. Since when do scumbuddies try to establish strong ties between each other?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Netopalis »

Take it as you will. I've seen scum stick together and I've seen them distance. It's still something that I'm not going to seriously bother defending myself against until the flip.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I agree with Sakako that what's bad about kyle's hammer isn't that it was there at all but that it was so rapid, especially after I called for a delay. That being said after what just played out with Lowell and Neto I'm more than happy with my vote at the moment.

Really not a fan of
Neto's Post Right Above Me wrote:not going to seriously bother defending myself against until after the flip
because that sounds an awful lot like either bussing scum slipping that they know Lowell will flip scum (in which case this is a simple slip) or non-bussing scum knowing Lowell will flip town (in which case this is Neto knowing this point will be moot and impatiently not wanting to pretend to defend himself against it). Either way, it sounds like Neto already knows Lowell's alignment, which a townie obviously wouldn't. That being said, I'd still vastly prefer a Lowell lynch over a Neto lynch and this isn't enough to make me feel like switching.

Kyle, I'm interested in what you think about Lowell.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Espeonage has been prodded.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by almightybob »

Sakako - no response to 648? I asked you questions. Please answer them.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by almightybob »

Neto, I'm not following you here:
Neto wrote: Additionally, considers hammering Monkey before letting him claim - it seems as if he's setting himself up to look like a pro-town player when Monkey flips town.
How would hammering before someone (who turns out to be Town) claims make the hammerer look pro-Town?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:26 am

Post by Netopalis »

Bob: Sorry, I should have said that he makes a post pointing out that he
could
hammer, but chooses not to.

Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Sakako »

Oh, sorry, Bob. Thought I had gone over that. ^^;

1. Nikanor didn't do the
exact
same thing. He actually answered the question he was asked in the post you linked, so that's hardly cause for alarm.

2. I'm not sure why I used that word at the time, now. I'm sure I had a reason, but it's not particularly coming out to me. Mustn'tve been anything too harsh - but that wasn't the point I was making, anyway.

3. It's not a bad thing to be pursuing multiple routes. But making an analogy here, what I was trying to point out was, take the parable of the man on the road. All the signs he notes down are pointing towards Carthage, away from Alexandria, but even when he reaches the city, he changes his mind and wants to go to Alexandria instead. It's just a tad unnerving.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry guys, I'm going to work today and then packing up my stuff to move. I might be able to post tonight, but I think I probably won't get to posting until Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for posting! =] ~KittyMo
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Netopalis »

Imagine that.

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by almightybob »

Netopalis wrote:Bob: Sorry, I should have said that he makes a post pointing out that he
could
hammer, but chooses not to.
Ah, OK. I kind of see where you're coming from now.

Sakako:
1) So your suspicion is not that Kyle moved to a different target, but that he didn't write a one-line dismissal?

2) Fair enough.

3) Your analogy is incorrect. As you acknowledged in 647, I had points against you at the end of D1. I was not alone in this.
To correct your analogy, it would be like a man walking to Carthage, taking note of the signs and directions pointing him towards Carthage. Then he stops for the night. Do you expect him to note all the signs again, or continue from where he is?
So he continues on and arrives at Carthage. He hears that Alexandria is an interesting place, so he endeavours to find out more about it. That doesn't mean he wants to leave Carthage, or that he's not happy to be there. He just likes to explore all the options. If he decides he wants to be in Alexandria more than Carthage, he can always move. He starts noting directions to Alexandria, but he's not done with Carthage yet.

Also I like the classical approach to analogies :lol:
I'm a townie! Honest!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”