DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Adam is He-man, ofcourse.

In either way, yeah I do ridicule. I don't in later stages, but if you want me gone before that, go ahead and try to convince everyone.
Posting fluff? Oh sorry, I'll just stop defending myself if you think it's fluff.
Xonar!
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Excedrin »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Those questions aren't exactly scumhunting are they?

I think I've elaborated on the 'noob card points' that you gave me.
Yea, they are, the point is, there's no justification for your behavior.
DiscoRoboto wrote:In either way, yeah I do ridicule. I don't in later stages, but if you want me gone before that, go ahead and try to convince everyone.
So you're not getting a replacement? What makes you so confident that you'll be alive in "later stages"?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:27 am

Post by farside22 »

don_johnson wrote:hm. i'm with adam.

unvote, vote: excedrin

he's giving me a headache. :)
You think I'm going to let you get away with this crap?

unvote:
vote: Don_Johnson
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

What makes me confident I'll be alive in the later stages? Who knows, I don't see how I'm scummy right now, except that you guys get irritated by me. Irritation is not anti-town, it's anti-player at best.
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 am

Post by farside22 »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Adam is He-man, ofcourse.

In either way, yeah I do ridicule. I don't in later stages, but if you want me gone before that, go ahead and try to convince everyone.
Posting fluff? Oh sorry, I'll just stop defending myself if you think it's fluff.
Please get off your high horse it's really annoying.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Aye aye sir.

So, who do people suggest we investigate right now?
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:32 am

Post by farside22 »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Aye aye sir.

So, who do people suggest we investigate right now?
I think DJ needs to start sharing input instead of gliding by while others argue.
I have to look at who else but he caught my attention.
I don't know if I would say mcg was buddying if he was then DJ was certainly doing his buddy with you when he posted that vote.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Mindgamer wrote:@ PaltryExcuse
DiscoRoboto is always agressive like this, this behaviour is not allignment-specific.
Okee dokes.
Unvote

At this point I'm going to
Vote: Light

Twice I've tried to get him involved and he seems adverse to jump into the fray. Unless someone talks to him specifically he says nothing.
water_foul wrote:These three are currently screaming scum team to me... Does any one else get this read?
This is the second time you've looked at town for approval. You're number two on my list right now.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i don't like the severity of excedrins attacks over what seem like minor issues. and yes, adam is he-man.
waterfoul wrote:These three are currently screaming scum team to me... Does any one else get this read?
the name of the game is "friends and enemies". pointing out connections on day 1 is poor form. i.e. i was asked ealier about my strategy given the open set-up of a game and answered that it alters my strategy. most important thing for town to do is keep the mason's hidden as long as possible. with a three mason team we need to realize that there are two informed minority's and not just one. further, the accusations of "buddying" are not all that applicable in this set-up either. as the masons need to try and hide their identities and the identities of their partners, so to do vanilla's need to "act" like they are masons in order to draw nks away from the real mason team thereby increasing the chances of a town win.
waterfool wrote:Disco, please stop saying you don't care about this game because that seems very anti-town to me and you have been posting a lot of fluff... The other thing you have been doing a lot of which is making my scum meter go crazy is defense by ridicule. Instead of properly defending yourself you just attack those who are putting you under the magnifying glass which, from my point of view, looks like you are scum without a good alibi...
i believe you are referring to "ad hom", but i don't believe this is what disco is doing. what would a proper defense look like? i only ask because the attacks against disco are so contrived its making my eyes bleed. how does one defend against constant accusations of "fluff" posting? the only place to cast suspicion is on ones attackers or on lurkers, both actions which can then easily be twisted into "scumtells" by lynchthirsty scum. i think disco is handling things just fine.

+ 1 scum point for water_foul for poor posting.

farside, if you have a question then ask away. i am not getting much of a town vibe from excedrin at this point.

183 seems chock full of good observations.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by hewitt »

McGriddle wrote:whatebber scum
GREAT response. Uber-helpful.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Chaco »

The Third Vote Count "<><"

hewitt (1)
: pwnman,
PaltryExcuse (1):

don_johnson (0):
farside22
kunkstar7 (0):

Mindgamer (0):

DiscoRoboto (1):
Excedrin
farside22 (0):

pwnman (3):
kunkstar7, water_foul, Mindgamer
Excedrin (3):
McGriddle, DiscoRoboto, don_johnson
Light (1):
PaltryExcuse
McGriddle (1):
Hewitt
water_foul (0):

Not Voting (1)
: DiscoRoboto, Light,

A deadline has been set for the 5th of March at 11:59:59pm.
Last edited by Chaco on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

DJ: I understand vibes and all but your post struck me as just following and laying low under cover to vote.
I would like more of an explaination in your votes. Last game we were in you played town poorly but that doesn't mean you didn't have you high points early in that game that I'm not seeing here.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Mod: farside isn't voting me, she's voting don_johnson I believe.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Mod: And what is going on with pwnman? It's been 5 days since he posted last.

Waiting on him to pick up his prod, or be force replaced.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Light »

alright then paltryexcuse, i will get more involved. tbh the other mafia game i've been participating in seems much more interesting, which is why i've diverted a lot of my attention to it rather than split it 50-50.

I do not think Exedrin is scum, however i may be swayed to vote for him if evidence is presented.

Right now my 2 suspects are:
water_foul - this is just my intuition playing in, but i think we need to check him/her out more.
pwnman - lurking
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 am

Post by McGriddle »

Light wrote:alright then paltryexcuse, i will get more involved. tbh the other mafia game i've been participating in seems much more interesting, which is why i've diverted a lot of my attention to it rather than split it 50-50.

I do not think Exedrin is scum, however i may be swayed to vote for him if evidence is presented.

Right now my 2 suspects are:
water_foul - this is just my intuition playing in, but i think we need to check him/her out more.
pwnman - lurking
Yes I agree with pwnman lurking. Based off of meta, pwnman is a very active player and very aggressive when he is town, and a little more laxed and lurky when he is scum.

Unvote: Vote Pwnman
Wins/Losses - 99/15

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 am

Post by water_foul »

don_johnson wrote:the name of the game is "friends and enemies". pointing out connections on day 1 is poor form. i.e. i was asked ealier about my strategy given the open set-up of a game and answered that it alters my strategy. most important thing for town to do is keep the mason's hidden as long as possible. with a three mason team we need to realize that there are two informed minority's and not just one. further, the accusations of "buddying" are not all that applicable in this set-up either. as the masons need to try and hide their identities and the identities of their partners, so to do vanilla's need to "act" like they are masons in order to draw nks away from the real mason team thereby increasing the chances of a town win.
Ok, as I stated earlier I am not very good at day one and I will take this under advisement
don_johnson wrote:what would a proper defense look like?
Attacking the question and showing that he isn't doing what he is being accused of
don_johnson wrote:the only place to cast suspicion is on ones attackers or on lurkers, both actions which can then easily be twisted into "scumtells" by lynchthirsty scum.
When I was talking about attacks a lot of them were not accusations and suspicion specifically
DiscoRoboto wrote: Do you see everything about this game as a big joke?
Everything? No. The town atm? Yes
and
DiscoRoboto wrote:The noob card? Where have I played the noob card? I'm playing the 'not really interested' card.
etc.
Albeit these are not that scummy and I just brought it out, I didn't vote on it. I would still like to see pwnman about even more now as this is getting past the point of "I couldn't read for a few days" and to the point of lurking IMHO
don_johnson wrote: + 1 scum point for water_foul for poor posting.
Again, I am a relative noob especially to forum based mafia
PaltryExcuse wrote:This is the second time you've looked at town for approval. You're number two on my list right now.
Again I am not very good at day one so I use the town to confirm my suspicions as I am usually wrong.
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:46 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Light wrote:Right now my 2 suspects are:
pwnman - lurking
McGriddle wrote:Yes I agree with pwnman lurking. Based off of meta, pwnman is a very active player and very aggressive when he is town, and a little more laxed and lurky when he is scum.
Is not posting for 5 days a sign of lurking or flaking?
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Excedrin »

don_johnson wrote:how does one defend against constant accusations of "fluff" posting?
Perhaps by posting something useful? Stating an opinion, directing attention to something questionable, asking questions or getting into an argument etc.
don_johnson wrote:the only place to cast suspicion is on ones attackers or on lurkers, both actions which can then easily be twisted into "scumtells" by lynchthirsty scum. i think disco is handling things just fine.
What do you mean by "ones attackers or on lurkers?" Why are those the only places to cast suspicion?
don_johnson wrote:+ 1 scum point for water_foul for poor posting.

farside, if you have a question then ask away. i am not getting much of a town vibe from excedrin at this point.

183 seems chock full of good observations.
But you get a town vibe from DiscoRoboto?
DiscoRoboto wrote:It's better to at least show that I'm reading by posting, then to ignore this completely like some other peeps?
DiscoRoboto wrote:How can I admit to active lurking now that I've made all these posts?
DiscoRoboto wrote:(I've made) Zero posts that are designed to find scum. Like the lurkers here.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I bet I have more posts then many a player in here.
Also,
DiscoRoboto wrote:The way to get out of the RVS is to actually discuss something, ask questions about things people say. Ask ask ask. If nobody says questionable things, stay in the RVS until somebody does.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Scumhunt with this amount of information? I was merely seeing if someone was going to say anything mentionable.

Make something else? Discussion about things that matter only happen if someone says something remarkable (which is often something scummy) are you telling me to sacrifice myself to get out of the RVS?

Active lurking? No, not really.

and at the last comment... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Funny guy.
Do you see the contradiction?
I read this as: We should ask questions and discuss stuff to get out of RVS, but there's not enough information to scumhunt yet (since we're still in RVS), therefore my behavior is acceptable.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:36 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Keyword: 'should'
Xonar!
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by McGriddle »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Light wrote:Right now my 2 suspects are:
pwnman - lurking
McGriddle wrote:Yes I agree with pwnman lurking. Based off of meta, pwnman is a very active player and very aggressive when he is town, and a little more laxed and lurky when he is scum.
Is not posting for 5 days a sign of lurking or flaking?
lurkaking, I don't know but it merits a vote either way, whether it be to lynch him or get him active in here. I know he acted when he was scum in the other game i played with him in, and it's the same as now.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

water_fouls' Post 174 is just him agreeing with everybody on everything that was said in that page, not cool.

Also Light bothers me, specifically:
Light wrote: I do not think Exedrin is scum, however i may be swayed to vote for him if evidence is presented.
Basically what I'm reading out of this is he is just waiting for people to make cases and he'll pick whichever makes the best case, no input from him.

unvote;vote: Light
Welcome to the Network.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Excedrin »

McGriddle wrote:lurkaking, I don't know but it merits a vote either way, whether it be to lynch him or get him active in here. I know he acted when he was scum in the other game i played with him in, and it's the same as now.
Do you have any thoughts about players who are present and posting?

It seems like you dropped the idea that everyone who found problems with your cop/doc questions is scum.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Excedrin wrote:
McGriddle wrote:lurkaking, I don't know but it merits a vote either way, whether it be to lynch him or get him active in here. I know he acted when he was scum in the other game i played with him in, and it's the same as now.
Do you have any thoughts about players who are present and posting?

It seems like you dropped the idea that everyone who found problems with your cop/doc questions is scum.
did I have that idea? refer me, for I am mistaken if I said that.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Light »

what?

u read wrong. IF the case is strong on exedrin, then i'll vote for him. It does not mean that i won't give my input. Is stating that i "think that exedrin is not scum" not input to you?
paultryexcuse wrote:Is not posting for 5 days a sign of lurking or flaking?
yes, and pwnman should be prodded aswell.
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]

Return to “Completed Open Games”