Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 am

Post by charter »

d3x wrote:I am a bit torn over having her self-Vig. What would the SK motivation be for her recent play? If we're not thinking she's an SK, then if she can't kill anyone, we have a DayVig. It'll also be in the Scum's best interest to NK her if she is an SK. Let's talk this fully out before we decide on anything. If we have Hoopla self-Vig, C.C's hung out to dry tonight and that's 2 Town PR's down. If we can preserve one of them, why wouldn't we?
Well, it seemed like Hoopla was steadily gaining suspicion, so it looks like she was trying to get that suspicion off her, which if you're a SK, you've got to try something kind of creative. Although, the way I'm looking at it is I see very little town motivation for her recent play but there's certainly a lot of scum motivation.

Although, now that I think about it more, I don't think we should try and get Hoopla to self vig. We should use it as a second lynch. I am all for that second lynch being Shotty, and I've seen a few others who agree.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 am

Post by charter »

charter wrote:Although, now that I think about it more, I don't think we should try and get Hoopla to self vig. We should use it as a second lynch. I am all for that second lynch being Shotty, and I've seen a few others who agree.
Though I still think Hoopla needs to die, preferably soon. Also I wouldn't mind a vig of Konowa or Zach. Impossible to tell either of their alignments.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

I'm still up for Hoopla lynch. Vig (or maybe SK?) should go for either of lurkers methink.

Also - just bought Heavy Rain. Expect longer brakes from my activity, because the game sucked me in completely, and I'm probably not going to stop playing it, until I'll see all 22 endings :) I'll try to post my latest thoughts once per 24 hours.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Either lurker would be a fine vig choice, we should either lynch Hoopla today after that or save her for one more shot if she has it, past that we'd probably have to take her to lylo.

@CC: I want to play that game, fucking PS3 exclusives....
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Locke Lamora wrote: Hoopla: why do you think it's unlikely that both lurkers are scum?
I don't know - it just seems so unlikely that the three lurkiest players on Day 1 would all turn up scum. I think one of them is almost definitely scum, and it's where I will take my shot today. The reason stems from how infrequently towns actually lynch scum on Day 1 - it's significantly less than random. I think this has to do with scums' ability to manipulate and steer lynches in a certain manner. Maybe if the mafia were inactive, they lose that edge a little bit.

Konowa's play matches up best with this theory. Of the few times he was actually around on Day 1, he was pushing alternate votes/wagons to MIC and, well, that's it really. He wasn't here any longer.
d3x wrote: @Hoopla- p190Are you permitted to post flavor text?
I don't know, I'll ask!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Heavy Rain and MAG are both games I'm very interested in, but I'm still finishing Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2! I've been hooked on Left 4 Dead 2.

I like Hoopla's post 218.

I'm not sure why Zach wanted to replace if he's not interested in playing. It's a shame because I like him.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 am

Post by sigma »

Bio Hazard is replacing Konowa. Thanks Bio Hazard!

Zachrulez has been prodded.

This is your friendly reminder not to use small text. It's annoying.

Please also note that any sort of flavor-quoting that appears to impersonate the mod is forbidden, according to Rule 7. I wouldn't kill someone for a
reworded
paraphrase, but bear in mind that flavor is for entertainment purposes according to Rule 16.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:40 am

Post by sigma »

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: March 6th, 8:30 AM (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) Konowa
Shotty to the Body ( 1 ) RedCoyote
Hoopla ( 3 ) Shotty to the Body, Col.Cathart, charter
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 0 )
Zachrulez ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 0 )
No Vote ( 4 ) Locke Lamora, Hoopla, Zachrulez, d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hi Bio Hazard, welcome to the game. Have you read the thread yet? Because I'm contemplating shooting you.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Zachrulez »

RedCoyote wrote:Heavy Rain and MAG are both games I'm very interested in, but I'm still finishing Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2! I've been hooked on Left 4 Dead 2.

I like Hoopla's post 218.

I'm not sure why Zach wanted to replace if he's not interested in playing. It's a shame because I like him.
Yeah, I've had a difficult time getting to this game for various reasons.

I noticed that I didn't fully explain what happened last time I posted, but pretty much right after I replaced in I got into a car accident. That coupled in with the fact that my work has suddenly turned into a super busy/super stressful environment has been wreaking havoc on all my mafia activity as of late.

Anyway, that's enough of the excuses that you probably don't want to hear.

Anyway, looking at the sum of Hoopla's play, she's basically killed a pro-town player on day 1, very early on for reasons I'm not satisfied with. On top of that, she claimed tracker, was counterclaimed and immediately backed off the claim. (Sum of this is a pretty much confirmed and outted Col. C)

There's no doubt that she's responsible for the daykill seeing as no one's countered THAT, I simply don't buy into the argument that the daykill power can't be scum, especially when looking at Hoopla's play.

Vote: Hoopla

I want to have another look at day 1, but based on what I've seen, Hoopla looked the most suspicious there too.

I'll see what I can do about getting a summary of my thoughts on everyone up this weekend.
Bio Hazard
Bio Hazard
Goon
Bio Hazard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Bio Hazard »

Will read and comment in a few hours, please hold the hammer until then.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 am

Post by d3x »

@Zach- I'm sorry to hear about all of that, bro. Be well and take care of yourself.

On a game related note, you are in full belief that Hoopla is capable of the DayKill, right? Even if she's Scum, do you not see worth in a directed shot from us? If she's Scum, she could shoot anyone she wanted and probably would have at some earlier point, so why not at least get the shot out before the lynch?

@Anyone thinking of Hammering Hoopla before the discussion of using her Shot before the Lynch is finished- Don't. You will be dubbed Scum and I will do everything in my power to see you lynched.

@Everyone else- We're suffering from attendance/participation issues as it is, can we please not get sidetracked by a videogame discussion? Please?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Bio Hazard
Bio Hazard
Goon
Bio Hazard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Bio Hazard »

Hoopla wrote:Time to drop the bombshell. I am a tracker, and followed Locke Lamora to Dry-fit last night. He's got some explaining to do about why he was there.
This is an epic scumfail, as are the theatrics that follow.

d3x, you're crazy if you think I'm just going to wait around and let Hoopla use her scum daykill. There's no town motivation for the early sotty kill (and it doesn't help that sotty was on the MIG wagon), and there's no real town motivation for fakeclaiming tracker. If hoopla flips scum, I think we need to lynch Locke and d3x since they were the other considered "targets" in her "message to Sigma."

I'm dropping the hammer.

Vote: Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

WOW, that was soooo scummy. You didn't want to use my day-kill? Even if I vigged myself, that is far better than a lynch.

That was even worse than my play! I think Bio Hazard did this because he knew I was going to take a shot at him. Nice play!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

Do you seriously think scum has a night and daykill? :roll:
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BH 237 wrote:I'm dropping the hammer.
Are you serious?

You're not even going to see if she shoots or not?

I am very much going to be down BH & Zach's necks tomorrow, but much more on BH. That's a very arrogant move, imo. I mean, thank you for replacing, but a little warning would've been nice. If Hoopla is SK, which she very well might be, how was she going to win? Do you honestly think she's part of any mafia faction? After she lost a RB D1? The next strategy is to claim Tracker? Seriously? Call her moves WIFOM if you want, but no way am I buying that you thought that vote through. Either you are nervous she is going to shoot you as scum, or you absolutely didn't think your move through.

I, for one, had no idea why Zach felt compelled to bring her to L-1 either.

You must know, hammer or not, that you and Zach are still under a microscope, BH. This hammer surely does not change things. You may have saved yourself from Hoopla's shot, but I can guarantee you I'm not the only one who is going to be riding you hard tomorrow.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, and sucks to hear about your car accident, Zach. I obviously had no idea. I wish you all the best in whatever damages that caused to you or your vehicle.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Hoopla »

I was town this time too RedCoyote. Can you believe it?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Like I said, that's kind of the direction I was leaning... although I felt guilty for it. You've got some balls, Hoops.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

Please avenge me and take out Bio Hazard tomorrow. Image
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

I always mess up when I get awesome roles, and never get to do much with them. So sad. We could have been lynching for the win today if I was quicker.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

RedCoyote wrote:
I found her to clearly be the most suspicious player out of anyone else. I felt like the pressure was warranted.

I did not expect to see her hammered so quickly though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I will give it my honest best, hon. I just do not see BH's town rationale behind that move at all. Maybe someone else can enlighten me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

Zachrulez wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
I found her to clearly be the most suspicious player out of anyone else. I felt like the pressure was warranted.

I did not expect to see her hammered so quickly though.
Ridiculously stupid play. Seriously, way worse than mine. I was either the vig or the SK, and I was offering you my kill (even on myself)! What the hell was your pressure going to do?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Hoopla »

Blessing in disguise - the scumteam has appeared from nowhere! I hope you slightly more sensible townies can finish this off.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”