Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Nicodemus »

crypto wrote:And now you're fake-claiming. And you still haven't voted. Awesome sauce.

Also, "Saint" is sometimes used in surnames.
Hypothetical situation: I am an Adel-alt. Please give me your initial reaction to this news

Vote: slaxx

Oh My God, yoU Suck
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Nicodemus »

crypto wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:Hypothetical situation: I am an Adel-alt. Please give me your initial reaction to this news
Is this your idea of an ice-breaking joke?
Not really. Just wanted to see how you would react.

Responses in
Bold
crypto wrote:1. Do you prefer town or scum?
Town, I'm terrible as scum.

2. Is lurking a scum tell?
Not a reliable one. Active lurking, on the other hand, is a great scumtell.

3. Do you prefer town hunting or scum hunting?
Scum hunting. I second guess myself too much on my town reads.

4. How active do you normally consider yourself, in-game?
I'm usually active at the start of the game, and at the start of each new day (when extra information is available). My activity level can dip drastically in days that drag on forever or games that are uninteresting though.

5. Policy lynches—good or bad?
Depends on the lynchee. And the set-up. Overall probably bad.

6. Lynch All Liars—good or bad?
In a set-up like this? Definitely good. Only in games with incredibly complex set-ups or a wide variety of roles would it not be a good idea. Still, LAL is good 95% of the time.

7. Is it scummy to vote without immediately giving the reason?
No.

8. Is it bad to out your town reads?
I think so. It just paints a target on those players' backs.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Pulindar wrote:Haylen's at L-2

Unvote

Strike that, Haylen is at L-3

I don't want some
Sniper
coming in and
Steam Powering
the Hammer down.
I can't tell what you are trying to do with the bolded. Be funny? Because it just kind of looks to me like you are throwing flak at random players for no reason. Why these two specifically?
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Nikanor wrote:You know what? Nico is probably scum. I know that. I was going to keep some pressure on Haylen to see what happens, but I think that if Haylen is going to make herself super-obvious by active lurking all game (which she usually does as scum, iirc), the best thing to do to encourage that behaviour is to relieve the pressure on her.
Unvote. Vote: Nicodemus.
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:
Pulindar wrote:Haylen's at L-2

Unvote

Strike that, Haylen is at L-3

I don't want some
Sniper
coming in and
Steam Powering
the Hammer down.
I can't tell what you are trying to do with the bolded. Be funny? Because it just kind of looks to me like you are throwing flak at random players for no reason. Why these two specifically?
This is such an obviously scummy post that normally I would assume it was the result of a brainfart, but you confessed to being terrible as scum and this is pretty much what I'd expect from terrible scum, so I'll
Unvote, vote: Nicodemus
OK guys, really? This was the most obvious, scummy thing you've ever seen ever? Because I asked a couple of questions and didn't even vote or FoS or anything? I wanted to know what Puli's reasons were for mentioning those two players specifically in a post where he commented on the fact that Haylen was at L-2. I figured it was probably a joke, but when someone says "Haylen is at L-2, so I think I'll unvote because I don't want PLAYER X and PLAYER Y to lynch her," it just seems kind of off to me. He doesn't say "L-2 is a little hot for my blood" or "We don't want mafia to quick-hammer" he, very specifically, calls out two other players and accuses them of being mafia. And, the fact that no one else caught it makes me think that it wasn't as much of a joke as Puli intended, since it slipped under so many people's radar. All it did was subconsciously tie Sniper and SPS's names to lynching, and I wasn't sure I liked that, so I asked Puli about it.

Also, I like how SPS has absolutely nothing to say about
why
my post is "such an obviously scummy statement," only that it is one. All he does here, really, is piggy back on Nika's vote and reasoning by saying "LULZ NIC IS SCUM LULZ". Also, his justification for voting me specifically seems off too: "If anyone but you had said this, I'd just think they were stupid, but since it's you specifically I've convinced myself you are scum."

@Sniper, horrordude, Sanhora: Do you think I was purposely trying to paint Puli as scum with my questions?
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Nicodemus »

I'm going to be V/LA for the rest of this weekend. I'll post a bit, but not much.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Hey, just wanted to post to say that I'm still alive and that a big catch-up/current reads post should be coming sometime tomorrow.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Nicodemus »

OK, just reread the thread, and here are my scum reads:

1. Nikanor

I'm pretty sure that Nikanor is scum. Voting for horrordude for accusing slaxx of naming his scumpartner seemed really off compared to how defensive she got over crypto's RVS case against her. I realize that it won't carry as much weight when I say this, since I'm the one who she attacked, but the way she voted for me seemed suspicious too. She posted once, saying I looked scummy, and then posted a second time with the actual vote. We were so close to the start of the game there (page 4 iirc) I see no reason to refrain from voting for someone that you see as scummy. Various posts throughout the day have struck me as suspicious as well.

2. Sniper

I've seen trolls and newbs aplenty before, and Sniper looks like scum who is pretending to be both. None of his posts seem genuine to me, and I'm pretty sure that he is scum as well. Plus, Sniper being scum dovetails very nicely with Nikanorscum, as Nika threw out several defense posts for Sniper early on. I am fairly confident in this scumpair, but since Sniper is anti-town as well as probable scum, I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Sniper
. Best case scenario, we get scum, and worst case, we get rid of the least productive member of the town.

3. Sanhora

Not nearly as confident on this one as I am of the first too, but I'm getting scummy vibes from Sanhora as well. The catch-up post that he posted just seemed off to me.

4. Slaxx

Basically see above, and substitute Slaxx in for Sanhora. I'm not feeling like I'm getting the full story in Slaxx's posts, and I'd like to see more from him.

So anyway, my guesses for scumteams are Nika=>Sniper and Sanhora=>Slaxx
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:Voting for horrordude for accusing slaxx of naming his scumpartner seemed really off compared to how defensive she got over crypto's RVS case against her.
She never voted for horrordude. "Stop making things up." does sound unduly harsh though, so I'll give you that.

What do you have to say about post 305?
I say that I'm playing in another game right now that needs more of my time, as well as the fact that I wasn't really feeling up to posting here yesterday.

You're right, Nika didn't vote for horrordude, my bad. She did call him out for it though.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Slaxx wrote:Any particular reason you're connecting me and Sanhora?

Any particular reason that the case on me is the same as Sanhora despite a totally different playstyle, post count, and suspicions?

So you're okay with a sniper policy lynch?
1.You were the two other two people who felt suspicious after my readthrough.

2. Both of your catch-up/player analysis posts seemed off to me, like you were leaving yourself a lot of outs or something.

3. I'm voting for Sniper because I think he's scum. If I thought he was trolling town I would rather have him replaced than lynched.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Sniper wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Sniper
Unvote

@Mod: What's your policy for replacements/modkills if players play against their wincon?
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Slaxx wrote:Quiet quiet nic. Give your opinion on what has gone down.
If a player votes for themselves as town then they are playing against their win condition and should be replaced in my opinion, or modkilled at the mod's discretion. Voting for yourself if you are scum, however, is obviously a viable strategy.

Of course, as I was typing this I just realized that everyone could self-vote, and then everyone who wasn't replaced would be mafia, so maybe this isn't as clear cut as it sounds. I still stand by my read of Sniper playing the VI role as scum though.

My brain is shutting off right now, but my take on the last conversation was that Furry was awful quick to jump to the conclusion that Sniper is town (of course, this was my initial reaction as well, so it doesn't mean much to me). Basically a null-read for Furry, and slight town points for you.

I still think that Sniper is messing with us, as evidenced by his "now that I've got things moving" post.

Also, I really don't see the point of breadcrumbing REACT into your post. Just seems weird. Gut speaking again, as brain is turned off for the night.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

OK, so, just wanted to say that the reason I've been avoiding this game (which I have been, not gonna lie) is because I'm incredibly bored by it. I find it nearly impossible to scumhunt early on in a game (and especially D1), which is why I've learned that I like replacing into games rather than starting from the start. Also, without any scum flips it makes it much more difficult to analyze people based on their interactions with known scum. I know this isn't a great explanation, and I know I'm being anti-town by not posting, but there it is.

Revised Scum Reads:

Nikanor: Still looks scummy to me, but I haven't been paying super close attention to the game, so I don't know if this should still be solid or not. I'll try to get some evidence up, but I'm not sure when I'll get that chance.

Sniper: Pretty much confirmed town by the mod, so anyone voting for him right now is raising major flags for me. Obviously he isn't going to be a whole lot of help, and should really be disposed of before endgame, but since the mod confirmed that Sniper's self-vote went against his win condition, we should not be lynching him.

Sanhora: Got replaced, right? I don't know, haven't read closely since I made my initial reads post.

Slaxx: Slaxx is really active in this game right now, which I'd like to think indicates town. He's been driving the action, and really pushing for contributions from lots of people. It's definitely a break in meta from the previous game I played with him, but since he was a PR in that game it's understandable. Slaxx has definitely dropped on my scumdar.

Once again, I need to reread before I'd feel comfortable taking any definite yes/no scum stances. I apologize for my lack of involvement.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Yeah, sorry again for the lurking, I was out of town all weekend, and my absence from this thread is not helping the town at all. I'm going to give this thread one last hurrah tonight/tomorrow, and if I don't get something decent up by that time you guys can lynch me, because honestly I wouldn't want to saddle anyone with this player slot now.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Hey guys, what up, not much to say, just popping in to
Vote: Sniper
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Haylen wrote:any particular reason?
Well, I don't want to vote for myself, and Sniper has been my #2 for the better part of the day.

Return to “Completed Open Games”