Open 205 - Medical Mafia - Game Over Too Soon?

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count #10

Light (3) - SaintKerrigan, DiscoRoboto, kyle99
DiscoRoboto (2) - Mindgamer, mykonian
XScorpion (1) - Bio Hazard
Looker (1) - XScorpion
Mindgamer (1) - Looker

Not Voting (1) - Light

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

I disagree with the Light lynch for the moment. New play is not scum play.

I'm ready for a DiscoRoboto lynch btw. And lol @ his scumlist. Everyone who's voting or plans on voting for DiscoRoboto is scum.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 am

Post by mykonian »

yeah, disco is the obvious lynch for today.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
Mindgamer wrote:
Bio Hazard wrote:I know I'm going to catch heat for saying this (from looker), but I think the case on Disco is BS.
Needs explanation. From Kyle99 as well, please.
Give a concrete case with all your points lined out with examples given and I'll respond to it to prove my innocence to you.
Fulfill my request, please. Also would like Myko to do it.
Xonar!
Bio Hazard
Bio Hazard
Goon
Bio Hazard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Bio Hazard »

Looker wrote:@BioHazard: Why do you think Kyle keeps disappearing?
This has already been answered.
Aside from the jump on the early mykonian wagon, kyle actually looks pretty town to me.

We need more scorpion votes.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Looker »

Hmmm....I wonder what was so scummy about me...
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Mindgamer »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Mindgamer wrote:
Bio Hazard wrote:I know I'm going to catch heat for saying this (from looker), but I think the case on Disco is BS.
Needs explanation. From Kyle99 as well, please.
Give a concrete case with all your points lined out with examples given and I'll respond to it to prove my innocence to you.
Fulfill my request, please. Also would like Myko to do it.
I've already pointed out your scummy behaviour and you have already defended yourself. If you want to add something to that defense, you can do so without me having to repeat myself.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:23 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

You do realise that because I have stated my defenses I am currently unaware of what you still consider a 'scummy' point against me.

That's why I want you to gather everything that you still consider in your judgement on me.
Xonar!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Light is beginning to look more new player to me than scum player.
Unvote: Light. Vote: XScorpion.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Light is beginning to look more new player to me than scum player.
Saying this basicly makes him clear from you the entire game, right?
'Oh he did something scummy, but he's a new player, so I forgive him.'

I personally don't like the 'newbie' excuse at all. How are you planning on acting if Light keeps being suspicious/questionable?
Xonar!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:You do realise that because I have stated my defenses I am currently unaware of what you still consider a 'scummy' point against me.

That's why I want you to gather everything that you still consider in your judgement on me.
yeah, same for me. You only want it to say again you don't understand what a rhetorical question is. (if you did, you would have understood why I used it). So I really don't see the use to put that amount of time into the game.

I could Iso myself and quote all the posts that had Disco in it, and you would have a case, but we would also have cluttered the thread.

(so yes, this is a subtle way of saying: "JUST READ MY POSTS")
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:Light is beginning to look more new player to me than scum player.

I personally don't like the 'newbie' excuse at all. How are you planning on acting if Light keeps being suspicious/questionable?
I would look for another counterwagon. There are way better points on you then on light.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:13 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

I don't want to start a wagon on Light right now, there isn't enough evidence that he's scum... yet. I'm simply scumhunting, if you will. Now why won't you let StK answer the question?

Besides, 1 post with all your attacks on me won't clutter anything.

(so yes, this is a subtle way of saying: "please just do it D:")
Xonar!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

DiscoRoboto wrote:

No, it doesn't clear him for the entire game. My current read trends to new player versus scum player.

FoS: DiscoRoboto.
Your post just gave me scumvibes. It sounds like you're saying, "Why did you take your vote off of the person I'm currently trying to lynch?" That's scummy to me.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Well don't you agree that what you said was vague enough to be interpeted the way I did?

And yes, it did have that 'secret' meaning behind it. I'm thinking Light is currently the one we can get most information out of, which is why I DO want people to keep their votes on them. If that's scummy to you, who do you suggest we look at to gain information?
Xonar!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am

Post by mykonian »

Have fun, Disco.
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:Because a: he know people will react on it, and based on these reactions he tries to find someone reacting weird
b: he knows the above, is concious about what he does, and is scum doing it.

OR
c: he talked his posting behavior and overall game strategy over with his scum buddy who accidently breadcrumbed it.

It's not far-fetched, there is no 'too strange to be true' or 'too ... to be ...'
What information do you have as town to make you choose for a theory that you admit to be unlikely (though not impossible)?

Seriously, you make no sense. I have a gut town read on you, but you act as if you have more information then you can have. And then you tunnel on it, denying all information that contradicts your current read. Please tell, why are you a towny?
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:
I have never admitted or said to have 'chosen' the theory, I'm simply laying it on the table.

Why am I towny? I don't know, because I haven't really been scummy for as far as I can tell. If you have objections to that, please point em out.

I always act like I have more information than I actually have, at least I hear so from others.

The two of you moving in a group is duly noted.
Bolded: WOW. What a way to backtrack. Since when do you not have responsibility for what you post?

No disco, if it is too unlikely to be true (and see my post, it is), then you don't post it, because it adds nothing. This way you just add more suspicion around me, looker, or whoever
while it shouldn't be there

This is one reason why I very much dislike any "scumbuddy" argument made before we lynched scum. There is often little basis (since you always have a few steps that are unlikely), but they do add suspicion from the group to that player. It doesn't help to hunt scum.

Kyle, xscorp, get here and post.
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:The two of you moving in a group is duly noted.
this is what I mean. You are just trying to scare people.

why is this notable?

If one is scum, what does that make the other?
if one is town, what does that make the other?

This is no scumhunting, Disco. This is manipulating. Now, show me some scumhunting.
mykonian wrote:Mindgamer, I know how looker plays. I don't know how those games went.
DiscoRoboto
Also, nobody noticing me might just be because I'm playing this game correctly? I don't know, but people noticing you (because i.e. a danny wagon) is usually a bad thing.
:!:
No, no, no. You want people to notice you. A good townie is always on the lookout for scum, and you want other people to notice your finds. What could possibly be wrong with being noticed? That's how a scum thinks. Quite a big slip from you here, DiscoRoboto. Over 9000 scumpoints for you!
here, mindgamer moves from annoying to town.

Disco, first, mindgamer is right. Second, if you are town, this is wrong. This is why scum wins so much, by hiding. Town wants the whole game to be active, talking, not hiding. You prefer hiding, I see.
DiscoRoboto
Why am I towny? I don't know, because I haven't really been scummy for as far as I can tell.
Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.

Unvote. Vote: DiscoRoboto

Serious vote. You're thinking like a scum.
and now it is a serious bandwagon:
unvote vote DiscoRoboto
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:
I have never admitted or said to have 'chosen' the theory, I'm simply laying it on the table.

Why am I towny? I don't know, because I haven't really been scummy for as far as I can tell. If you have objections to that, please point em out.

I always act like I have more information than I actually have, at least I hear so from others.

The two of you moving in a group is duly noted.
Bolded, you take no responsibility.

Further, you choose to lay only that possibility
on the table
(I am sure this is Dutch, not English), while waiting for others to add the other possibilities.
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:
I'm personally not sure on wether we should actually do a circle or not, so I would like the people to speak.
Any comments on doing a circle or not? If yes, what do you think about doing a majority vote?
Why are you afraid to tell what you think here? Waiting for what the rest thinks, so you can agree? Obv hiding scum here.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I agree with individual night actions.

On my suspicions, I don't really trust Light but I'm not really going to pressure/commit to him yet.

@the comment on mindgamers scum claim, I played multiple games with him, and it's just part of his playstyle... sarcasm, I guess. but seriously, scumhunting = voting someone who claimed 2x scum?
Don't know what to think about that.
Post edited and more fencesitting bolded. this is becoming a trend.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Mykonian stop bugging Saint, it's getting us nowhere since you started it and it's the prime example of psuedo-scumhunting.

I heard light say 'you know what your role does etc' this is not true. What if you are a killing role and target the same target as the normal doctor, and nothing happens. what do you know now?

unvote
gonna retreat my vote... for now. I want to keep options open.

@Light, what exactly about Mindgamers post makes you think he's one of the townies?
Disco, why are you defending StK. Is this because you
know
him to be town? Or is he your scumbuddy?
mykonian wrote:Disco, why are you only suspecting the players that are most in the attention? (looker, me)

Don't they get most attention because they take risks, because they have made 70 of the 178 in this thread, brought by far the most information into this thread?

Are you too stupid to understand, or are you just trying to get a lynch that suits you?
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto post 183 wrote:
mykonian wrote:Disco, why are you only suspecting the players that are most in the attention? (looker, me)
The fact that you guys are in the attention are irrelevant, you are looking scummy to me.
And by pure chance, these two are the largest bandwagons, and with the most scumhunting players. You make a very convincing point, Disco.
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:Well obviously I have to defend myself, I could also just keep hiding like Kyle/Danny/Light are doing and stroll into lategame. Besides, I have time, so why would I not take the time to defend myself? I don't think it's that bad to be active, it only increases your chance to get information out of me, right?
uhm, disco, when will you start giving information, in stead of continiously waiting for other people to do something?
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:Well obviously I have to defend myself,
I could also just keep hiding like Kyle/Danny/Light are doing and stroll into lategame.
Besides, I have time, so why would I not take the time to defend myself? I don't think it's that bad to be active, it only increases your chance to get information out of me, right?
LOL. Seriously, Disco, this is too funny. And you don't even get the joke.

But seriously, just generally pointing at the lurkers when you are under pressure? You are seriously scum looking for a way out.
mykonian wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:Oh, so now I use my vote even though I doubt it unnecessary and you make a deal out of it?

GEEEEEEZ people make up your mind.
Q: Why is not voting a scumtell?

A: because scum will have to "lie" when voting, has to fake scumhunting. Which is the same reasoning that also shows that voting without a reason is a scumtell.

Q: What is Disco doing here?

A: avoiding any risks, and is not scumhunting

B: what is Disco's role?
mykonian wrote:lol @
trying to make this rolefishing.
you clearly see what I mean, and you are purely twisting my words here. Thank you for your scumclaim, scum.

Why have we never heard anything about Mindgamer from you? Is this pure OMGUS? Further, this shit is the game.

Can we lynch this guy?
mykonian wrote:yeah, put it out of context, that'll help...
mykonian wrote:Q: Why is not voting a scumtell?

A: because scum will have to "lie" when voting, has to fake scumhunting. Which is the same reasoning that also shows that voting without a reason is a scumtell.

Q: What is Disco doing here?

A: avoiding any risks, and is not scumhunting

B: what is Disco's role?
Context = win.

it is a rhetorical question... And you know. Because you have read the post, seeing that first I argue why a tell works, then I argue that Disco acts in this way, with the conclusion that Disco is scum.

IF YOU THINK DISCO IS STRAWMANNING HERE, PLEASE VOTE
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Will CERTAINLY reply to this once I'm done with homework, which might just be tomorrow.
Xonar!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ DiscoRoboto: I didn't think I had to spell out that I wasn't giving Light a total free pass. Suspicions change in this game. It's an inherent part of it.

My vote's on the person I want lynched at the moment. It'll stay there until I see someone else that I want lynched.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Total free pass... No, but if you give him a free pass for these posts, where will you draw the line?

On your voting..., don't feel offended, but that's not really a great method of using your vote.

Like said before, Town has 2 'basic' powers. Voice and Vote. Vote is often based on information gained by voice, and voice is often activated by vote, agreed?

A bit of a simpler way to say it is that I'd rather have people vote for the one they want to hear more information of (pressure) rather then lynching (which can happen after the pressure of votes is applied). Lynching can always happen once enough information is gathered, agreed?

So in the mindset of gathering information, who would you vote?
Xonar!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Who says I don't want to get information out of XScorpion?

Also,
DiscoRoboto wrote:@Xscorp, about the voting. I don't use my vote that quickly, except if I feel like I'm on the right track and busy with pushing a lynch/suspicions.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Like said before, Town has 2 'basic' powers. Voice and Vote. Vote is often based on information gained by voice, and voice is often activated by vote, agreed?

A bit of a simpler way to say it is that I'd rather have people vote for the one they want to hear more information of (pressure) rather then lynching (which can happen after the pressure of votes is applied). Lynching can always happen once enough information is gathered, agreed?
FoS (again): DiscoRoboto.

You know, if I keep finding things to FoS, I might just have to vote you.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Light is in fact a suspicion of mine, what's the problem here? I don't see the suspicion in this, like with the first finger.

Getting information out of Xscorp, fair enough.
Xonar!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 am

Post by mykonian »

First you say you don't vote often, or only when you think someone scummy, then you come with some nice piece of theory discussion where you promote voting, and for information.

means you don't mean a thing of one, and you are posting theory because you like to, or you used the first as an excuse not to vote.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:49 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

I didn't promote voting, I promoted the (in my opinion) RIGHT use of voting.
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Looker »

An XScorpion lynch would be beautiful if he would get back here and defend himself.
Bio Hazard
Bio Hazard
Goon
Bio Hazard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Bio Hazard »

DiscoRoboto wrote:

This is making me rethink my position on disco.

It doesn't help that he was on the crappy second page mykonian wagon.

Return to “Completed Open Games”