Mafia 110: Mafia in Hell, Michigan (Tied.)

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:12 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Ythan wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:If I was scum, I would most definitely be concerned with the non-existent case. If you believe I'm scum, then good for you, but you're wrong.
You obviously did care enough to go after a case on you that didn't even exist. Saying you didn't care when you were done just to cover up was a mistake, it didn't make any sense.
Point out where I go after the case, because I'm not seeing it tbqh.

I said "Way to post inane fluff." I hardly call that being concerned and going after the case. :roll:
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Ythan »

RichardGHP wrote:Point out where I go after the case, because I'm not seeing it tbqh.

I said "Way to post inane fluff." I hardly call that being concerned and going after the case. :roll:
No it's exactly the same thing. You attempted to discredit the case against you that didn't exist and then played it off as if you didn't care. You didn't even have any basis for discrediting it and so it seems pretty clear what's going on here.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:20 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

My suspicion of Richard has gone way up mainly due to the discussion between him and ythan.

Vote: RichardGHIP

Mod: VoteCount?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:20 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

EBWOP: Make that GHP, not GHIP. :oops:
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 am

Post by molestargazer »

Bloody hell, 8 pages already. No doubt we'll be on 9 by the time I finish this. Ah well.
Seems pages 6-8 are MOSTLY one-liners. Instead of going through it individually, I think a quick summary of what I think about all the players would be easier to digest - excluding me for obvious reasons.

1. SaintKerrigan
- Nothing much. Bad 'vibes' from Horror.
3. Lowell
- Seems, so far, to be just Lowell. No comment.
4. WRP_Beater
- Sod all. ISO 2 seems to be made in a joking way, but there's no contribution.
5. Nobody Special
- Jumped in quite late, but I saw more answering than I did contributing. I can't nitpick, but I can keep an eye on.
6. RichardGHP
- Touchy much?
7. ace5993
- Has promised a re-read and a post. I look forward to it.
8. JBernier93
- I have a feeling our views are just going to have to differ Re: this. I personally find voting, and putting pressure, at an early stage not a bad thing.
9. horrordude0215
- Seems a little new to the game, but I don't take anything he's done so far as screaming scum at me.
10. RayFrost
- Has either not posted or something's happened. Anyone help me out on this one?
11. Farside22
- No comment based on what I've seen so far.
12. Rikenslope
- Looking forward to this more significant post.
13. pman5595
- Made one post, which was jokey. Ugh.
14. DedicatedScribe
- Got a good vote from his P113. Nothing particularly good about it. But I like the analysis (the serious bits. I do not condone insulting nerds.)
15. Crypto
- Agree with Scribe here that he's a bit spammy. I find P128 perks my interest in that he only mentions such scummy vibes - and then votes on them the post after - when he's called out on it. Seems like a failed attempt at fencesitting.
16. SeptL
- Has either not posted or something's happened. Anyone help me out on this one?
17. Dr. Cyanide
- Has made a vote on Crypto with little backing to it - but I can't say it's a BAD vote as such. It's given a reason which I can understand.
18. Cirno
- Nothing since the alt debacle. IGMEOY.
19. Ythan
- Whilst so far I'm finding Ythan's questioning pretty useful, it does go a little OTT sometimes. For instance, P65. I don't really see why Horrordude needs to explain putting in a reasoning for his vote - and the continued pressure around vote 90 I think is quite unnecessary, as is pressure about smileys in P141. I took horrordude's :lol: emote as laughing at crypto's avoidance of explaining his vibes.
20. Musher333
- The promised PbP analysis covers 4 players. His reason for FoSing Cirno could be applied to lots of players - and he seems to slate Scribe but gives nothing.

Some questions that may help things:
@crypto - Could you please explain your vote in Post 43? Was it about the whole alt thing?
@SaintKerrigan - Any particular reason Horror's giving you bad vibes?

After a first reread through the thread, players: 1, 4, 7, 10, 12, 13, 16-18 (In orange on the list) don't have any notes by them. This either means there's little contribution or little to say about them after 8 pages. The notes I have made on them is made based on what they've said - but there's nothing particularly groundbreaking IMO. Take this as you will.

So what does this all mean in terms of my vote? Well, whilst I would not be against keeping my current vote, I have to say in terms of gut, I'll...
Unvote
Vote: Crypto

Not sure I like the post style, and I think the jumping after being called out is a little funny.

I may have missed things out, or misinterpreted. Please let me know if so.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by farside22 »

RichardGHP wrote:
farside22 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
farside22 wrote:
unvote:
vote: richard
Explain this vote. Now.
I your see explanation as scum looking for breadcrumbs from other players and knowing what players to expect those breadcrumbs from.
Just because
you
see it that way is no reason to vote me and use it as your only reason...

In all my time playing mafia, I've never seen anyone get something so wrong.
Yay scum on page 9 can we lynch please.

Seriously this is scummy, mcscumerson to a boot. Doesn't find it a good reason to vote. States that he's trying to see how if town is looking for self preservation or not is not in the best interest for the town. Guess what it doesn't matter what a person does if they get a cop result. It's not in the town's best interest to find out what a person would do. It's in the best interest of the scum to find this info so yes my vote is more then valid and better then an RVS.

Also cryto didnt' really answer this question I asked
RichardGHP and saintK. have been just as active as scribe so did you miss them for any reason?
@Ythan: I'm female. Just a bit of my own pet peeve if your going to assign gender look at the symbol. I know the avatar throws people off.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Ythan »

I wasn't questioning H Dude for explaining his vote, but for framing it as less than completely serious.

Also, no pressure about smilies in general. Pressure about what I read (present tense, still do) as trying to undermine the case on him without really addressing it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Ythan »

My bad miss.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 am

Post by farside22 »

@musher: Why do you have no comment on me?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:35 am

Post by molestargazer »

Musher?
Also, don't take it personally. I've just not seen anything particularly ground-breaking that's happened, I've no particular criticisms/praise on how you play or the cases you're making. Things are just... OK.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Mole: Mostly because of this post.
Horrordude0215 wrote:I just did a reread, and right now I have a slight FOS on Richard. While I know I was encouraging people to answer his question (and I'm sure I'll draw fire for this), I find his question rather scummy, in hindsight. It seems like he wants to find out what would happen if a cop WERE to investigate him and get a guilty read.
However, there are two people that I'm now torn between: RichardGHP and Farside22. The reason being is that I can't decide whether Richard's question was actually scummy or not. If it was, then he clearly deserves a vote. However, I can easily see scum pouncing on a townie's question and making it out to be scummy, and I feel Farside might be doing just that.

I need to think about this for a moment. In the meantime,
Unvote: Horrordude0215.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 am

Post by crypto »

Farside, I did answer. Kerrigan had only really had three posts of content at the time. Richard, meh, I guess the same question goes for him. Regardless, I didn't see either of them as influential/active as you. I could see leaving out Richard, but leaving out you was weird.

Saint, why unvote horror?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Ythan »

crypto wrote:Saint, why unvote horror?
Seems simple enough.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:41 am

Post by farside22 »

molestargazer wrote:Musher?
Also, don't take it personally. I've just not seen anything particularly ground-breaking that's happened, I've no particular criticisms/praise on how you play or the cases you're making. Things are just... OK.
Sorry molestargazer I was thinking you were musher because he was supposed to get back with more of a PBPA on people. :oops:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:44 am

Post by farside22 »

@SK: Do you think it's in the best interest for town to know what a player who had a cop result would do with info?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:45 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ok, I'm sold. The question itself didn't feel too scummy, but Richard's subsequent behavior definitely merits a vote.

Vote: RichardGHP.

@ Crypto: Because I want to vote someone else now.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:46 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

farside22 wrote:@SK: Do you think it's in the best interest for town to know what a player who had a cop result would do with info?
Yes, it's a bad thing, but asking the question isn't an automatic scumtell.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Ythan »

Town alone doesn't know the info if it's posted in the thread.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Ythan wrote:Town alone doesn't know the info if it's posted in the thread.
I believe in breadcrumbing results as best I can I would hope most players in the game could do the same but I would never ask a question of what would you do with the results.

Also his answer to why he was doing it seems really false.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 am

Post by crypto »

MSG wrote:@crypto - Could you please explain your vote in Post 43? Was it about the whole alt thing?
Yes. It was a joke. My first serious vote was the vote for horrordude. That FOS sticks, but Beater needs to straighten up.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Ythan »

Settled then!
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:53 am

Post by jbernier93 »

Ythan wrote:Players 4, 10, and 16 are on thin ice.
dictionary.com wrote: inane – adjective
lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly

fluff – noun
something of no consequence
RichardGHP wrote:EBWOP:

@Whoever said I was on thin ice: Way to post inane fluff. Though, it doesn't really bother me at all.
Well, if Ythan's post were really "something sily & of no consequence which lacks sense and/or significance," then you wouldn't bother to go look up which players correspond to the numbers he was looking to. Nor would you bother responding to the post once you realized it was referring to you. It was Ythan's post indicating players who in his mind were rather scummy. Basically you respond to a post which essentially had no case, (other than saying you were scummy) call it dumb, (at least that seems the most logical interpretation of "inane fluff") and then say you don't care about it. Then you continue to talk about not caring about it.

You see the problem there?

For that and also for post 193,
unvote, vote:RichardGHP
Ythan wrote: JB, why that specific non-poster?
Not exactly sure, I guess I wasn't really paying close attention and thought pretty much everyone else had posted.
crypto wrote:
Unvote. Vote: WRP_Beater.
Why, out of curiosity?
molestargazer wrote:
8. JBernier93
- I have a feeling our views are just going to have to differ Re: this. I personally find voting, and putting pressure, at an early stage not a bad thing.
It wasn't so much the timing as the fact that the act which horror voted for was, IMHO, not nearly scummy enough to warrant a vote. But, we shall agree to disagree.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Ythan »

I was only indicating postless players actually. But yes.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:07 am

Post by crypto »

jbernier wrote:Why, out of curiosity?
Asshattery. He has yet to post content and when he chimed in we were well beyond the brush-off-criticism-with-a-joke stage.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Ythan »

His two posts were pretty bad.