Open 184: Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over)

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Ojanen »

CSL diverted that vote very soon back to hewitt.
This is extremely argh to watch but I guess I've said all I can. I'm travelling to Italy and won't be here until the deadline anymore. All I wrote here was truthful, I would have never let myself in such a connected fucking mess if I was scum, but I guess there's nothing else I can do now than lay it out there.
DLA makes such utterly beautiful sense as part of a scumteam if you read D1 in context. It's sad if you choose wrong for the sheer clarity and obvious scum team play of that and him getting out of everything by just pretending to be confused but I guess there's nothng else I can do.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

ZAAAAAAAAAA
Kise, do you want to pile two votes on No Lynch fast then unvote? Just in case if we don't decide in the next...18 minutes,
FLASH OF GREEN
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
:(
Train is going, so this will be the last you hear from me.
Bye.
Sorry for playing bad.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Kise »

Lol, that better not be AtE ^.

@Elli - I think we're going to have to let the chips fall as they may. And... just close our eyes, cross our fingers.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Kise »

Fah...
Vote: OJ
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Kise wrote:Lol, that better not be AtE ^.

@Elli - I think we're going to have to let the chips fall as they may. And... just close our eyes, cross our fingers.
Unvote

Did DLA get any benefit from the No kill if he was scum?
Also, I don't think Oj would have killed Scribe earlier, I thought it would be obvious I was mason after the D2 play. DLA looks more likely to just follow Serial's word. And It probably wasn't mentioned in QT as Serial had to breadcrumb it out. And I don't think a scumbuddy would counter breadcrumb
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Kise wrote:Fah...
Vote: OJ
I think we it wrong.
Shoot me.

>.<

GG.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SERIAL, NETO, ONE OF YOU GUYS, TELL US WHAT HAPPENED.
AND DON'T LIE.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Great, I also mishammered in Pyp. If I lose to lylos in a day,,,,ugh.,,
FLASH OF GREEN
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by dramonic »

Game over! Flavour when not on my Ipod

Grats Scum: Netopalis, SerialClergyman and Kise!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

iloled.
That was nasty. :(
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

FU KISE!!
It took forever for you to hammer.
Poor OJ.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS DID IT

I have to say, when I replaced in, I was in complete shock and expected a town perfect win. While it sucked to have to be replaced, it was kind of relieving - the situation for scum was terribly, terribly grim. Apparently Kise and Clergyman were able to pull of their amazing buss - I didn't read.

Good game everyone; sorry I wasn't able to be more of a part of it. :)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Kise »

Calm down, you're beginning to make me worry. We should see the flip first. I'm going to head offline though.. take my mind off it. Last time I hammered someone in lylo, I mislynched, but I'm pretty confident OJ isn't a bad lynch. As she said tho, DLA
did
appear to only be pretending he was confused and ignoring our questions.

Yet…
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Kise wrote:Calm down, you're beginning to make me worry. We should see the flip first. I'm going to head offline though.. take my mind off it. Last time I hammered someone in lylo, I mislynched, but I'm pretty confident OJ isn't a bad lynch. As she said tho, DLA
did
appear to only be pretending he was confused and ignoring our questions.
^^^ Fail post.
FLASH OF GREEN
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Kise, you won. :D
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm going to leave for a few minutes and hope this a joke everyone is playing on me.
:P
FLASH OF GREEN
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Lol...

Man... Elii.. I already apologised to you in that other game for lying to you but you didn't realise just how much... :D

Game went to plan pretty much exactly how we intended. Would have been nicer to go after budja rather than before, but essentially it was the same diff I think. Well played everyone, bad luck for the townies. This was the most effort I've ever put into a mafia game and I'm so proud we pulled it off. Well played scum.
I'm old now.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Kise »

Ok, ignore my last post LOL. Didn't see the modscene...
The reason I let this lynch bleed for so long is because I wanted more from everybody.

Elli, never EVER put someone at L-1 in lylo just to prove another player won't take that opportunity. And never stay fixed in a read of someone unless you have 100% accurate
information
about that player's alignment.

OJ, I'm sorry, but you HAD to be the (mis)lynch. That was the plan, and I wanted to honor SC's lynch because we didn't agree to bus him to set up DLA's mislynch; I bussed SC to set you up for the mislynch. It was pretty much an honor thing, and played a part in my decision not to hammer DLA. You made me feel pretty bad for wanting to string you up since you put your heart into making that case against DLA. Good stuff, but you gotta find a cure or some pills to take care of that white knight syndrome.

DLA, you gotta read posts, man. I notice you get lynched
in lylo
in those games I checked out. Commit to your games more. You were on the right track with the Neto-SC connection, but it did seem like you drop a lot of your suspicions to roll with the trends. Hell, I'm not sure what it is I said that made you vote me today, but you must have been onto something.

Overall, I dragged the phase and kept asking questions to see why you all were so dead set in believing the other to be scum for such-and-such reasons. I'm too tired to go back, but I asked those questions to show you now how both town and scum can say any and everything without being labeled properly. I did something I doubt any other scummer has done by not putting DLA away. I've learned from this last phase too because, while OJ was moreso setup by us scum, DLA has did the most dastardly things to a point where I can't blame OJ for believing her findings to solidly implicate him as mafia. For me, it wasn't hard to see a playstyle like his as town. If he was scum, I could easily imagine him not bussing what could be perceived as heavily ITT.

Serial was as good of a partner I've ever had. I'm usually keeping my mafia QTs on lockdown, but he came up with some beautiful tactics and setups. I caught the charlie brown reference too lol, just didn't act on it fast enough. You can link to the QT if you want. The town was likely to win if SC and I didn't bus one another D3. There would have been too many "what if" scenarios if we lynched the other later on; like delaying our own deaths. Boy oh boy am I glad I didn't kill DLA.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Kise »

farside22 wrote:FU KISE!!
It took forever for you to hammer.
Poor OJ.
Heheheh. She put a whoooole lot of time and effort into making that case against DLA. I would feel like too much of a prick for hammering her, so I was hopeful for a deadline-lynch.

The last 2 phases had been very tough and heart-wrenching for me..... No really, I do have a heart!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

"plz don't swear" -- N
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Kise »

Marry me.

Yet…
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:06 pm

KittyMo gets 10 points for nominating a scummy for a game she didn't read :D

Thanks Kise. If I'd known it was to honour me and our plan then I'd have been less complain-y about it in the graveyard :D

Here's our QT link: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/TwuFmnmZvbds

I think the key point isn't so much the Charlie Brown secret messages stuff, it's more the game structure tactical play. I'ven oticed scum have a habit of discrediting town reads because they like the suspicion to be spread around, and confirmed townies can win games. So this game I really did decide to push town reads. I knew I had a meta of doing it so it wasn't out of the blue, but I was always thinking that because my death was pretty imminent, I'd be looking to choose targets and get them lynched.

I figured the town would help me out by casting suspicion on those I declared town, either before or after my flip. Turns out, in this game they really didn't. DLA was suspected only in lylo, farside was rarely if ever suspected. Scigatt was untouched as well.

But it wasn't the end of the world - it jsut meant we were working in a very narrow window. I did think that perhaps if I had pushed especially DLA more that people would start to suspect him, but I don't know. And my political capitcal was zero all game, I was essentially scum, and so my accusations were ALWAYS read as if thy came from scum. Even my cases on Shotty, both D1 and D2 had people agreeing with them to the point where they thought he was scum and lynched him, and yet were STILL saying I was scum - albeit his buddy.

And then D3 rolls around and the key was understanding that with the amount of people regarded as town at that point in the game, and the fact that there was still a mson out there somewhere, that just based on a limited target pool, one of us was DEFINITELY going to die. We just couldn't pull mislynch after mislynch and expect the town to keep following us. And the town, if left ot their own devices, were going to settle on me, based on CSL and Neto, let alone anything I did.

Once we came to that conclusion, we just needed to find out who the mislynches were. Ojanen was our first choice because of her defence of me. I thought people would have to choose Ojanen over Kise due to their respective opinions on me. (It was actually a lot closer than I had thought.) Now the other one - we couldn't go Scigatt because we thought he was a mason, but hewitt was still a distinct possibility. So we aimed for hewitt that day, as innoculously as we could, with the knowledge that we had Ojanen in the bag (or perhaps DLA if Kise was the lynch.)

So Kise and I kept up our limp attacks at each other. Eventually, I got offered the opportunity to move onto budja from hewitt, but this is the typical scum move, and it was more important that our distance was kept, so I didn't take it and kept pushign kise. Eventually when it looked like even if I came over tobudja it would be seen as obviously budja being bussed, that's when I switched, but irritatingly I got pulled up over a non-existant slip (I'd totally known in advance I was considering Scigatt confirmed town, and even edited that bit specifically beforep osting) and suddenly I got totally on farside's bad side after even hinting at somethign suspicious she was doing and that was all it took for me. A bit of bad judgement on my part.

There was one point where Elli was aobut to hammer budja, and I didn't have to fight it but I just kept getting worried that if budja was town then kise + SC could be linked the next day. I knew that realistically we had no other lynches, so it was hugely important that budja and me were linked.

Anyways, from there Kise had a good foundation, but it wasn't certain. He played very well, didn't put a foot wrong. Even then, DLA's vote on him had the potential to take down the scum, because it seemed like DLAscum would go for Ojanen for a lylo mislynch, but he kept cool and rode it out and that was game.

I had a great time, it was pretty emotionally challenging constantly lying to you guys, more so than when I've been scum before, I think. It was also tough because I was so suspected right off the bat, and I didn't even have a mafia buddy for support because we'd arranged this distance, so at times it was a really tough slog to keep posting.

But I'm glad at th result, and even more glad about the play. And sorry to Neto for replacing in and getting you killed N1, hopefully this makes up for it!
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sadly I wish I had stuck to my guns that SC was scum day 2. OJ was so all over the place but after a bit of thought I didn't think she was scum with SC.
I wonder why Kise killed me that night since I had him listed as town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Also, do the masons mind sharing their QT?
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”