VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Phate wrote:
SlySly wrote:I find it very interesting that many of the replacement requesters are still very active in other games.
I don't. This game is probably going much faster than whatever else they're in.
In fairness, I think we've effectively slowed it down to a reasonable pace. I've been intentionally not posting for awhile now just to help.

In terms of game thoughts, I'm still pretty happy with my vote and I really think lynching someone soon would be a decent idea. We have a few decent suspects already (Iecerint, Nicodemus, Ellibereth and to a lesser extent starstransmission) and I don't think any of them would be terrible lynches. Starstransmission is probably the lowest out of that list because he seems to be more antagonistic than scummy to me, but I wouldn't cry if he was lynched.

I definitely want to see Nicodemus taking a more active role (ie, scumhunting) and now that the thread has slowed down he has no reason not to.

...or people can just help me lynch Iecerint.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Phate »

startransmission: "I'm not scum, and the only people I think are scum are everyone who thinks I'm scum."

start is likely scum.

Iecerint is still scum, though. I'll move my vote if it becomes apparent that an Iecerint lynch isn't happening today, or if my scum readings change such that someone else is my highest suspect.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Katy »

Actually, Star leaving his vote on Ani doesn't seem that scummy to me, or at least, I don't really see a "scum" purpose behind doing that. I don't see why he doesn't just unvote, but I also fail to see the nefarious purpose in leaving a vote on someone who is in no danger of being accidentally lynched.

At the same time, this is kind of a game of "you're either with us, or against us." Merely posting about how it's hard to keep up or posting low-content posts isn't going to get us to win the game and raises the likelihood that you're just biding your time until you become a murderer. I don't know if it's just my luck, but every game I've played at this site has had an incredible amount of content so this seems pretty par for the course. It's still possible to post your thoughts on what you have been able to read, and who knows you might pick up on something that was missed in the one or two pages you can get through.

I'm happy with my vote for now, but unless startransmission starts to prove more useful he seems expendable enough that I could move my vote there for the sake of a lynch. Iecerint I am not willing to vote for yet, I'd rather wait for more info on him because he's not seeming scummy to me at the moment.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

VP Baltar wrote:Ellibereth
:(
I also don't get why Yerkrint is scum...he feels so...so...
town

Start is very wierd. Did anyone else get the Phate<->Magua buddying connection? I definitely didn't. And if his idea of buddying is agreeing with someone...well then...
And he doesn't like DGB and Yerk for attacking his scummy self...lolz.
FLASH OF GREEN
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Iecerint »

startransmission wrote:Iece for going along with what I consider a pretty weak argument against me from DGB.
DGB made an argument against you? And I voted you because of it? The first I may just not recall. The second I am disputing, since I gave you an original explanation for my vote on you.

I could take either Nicky or ST. I would not want to lynch Elli, and I think that anyone who wants to lynch Elli, particularly in the short term, is, at least in that regard, scummy. I would not mind lynching Phate, but it doesn't look like that's too popular with anyone except ST, and I don't really know how to feel about that.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Chaco »

I do not see the buddying either.

Full out ISO on Friday Night-Saturday Morning. Meaning every player! Whoo!

And a simple reread tonight.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Phate »

Now that SlySly's game is over, I can tell you guys one of the reasons I think Iecerint is scum.

SlySly's game is the only game I've ever played in with Iecerint. Furthermore, I'm not in any other games, and haven't been since this one started.

In SlySly's game, I was town and Iecerint was scum. Iecerint knows this, because I was dead (or rather, my replacement was) before I signed up for this game. And yet he claims to have a 'secret scumtell' on me that he can't talk about due to an ongoing game. elvis_knits stated that it's scummy to mention 'secret scumtells' based on ongoing games if you can't elaborate anyway. I'm not sure whether I agree with that, but I think we can all agree that it's scummy if he knows that no such scumtell exist.

For those interested, SlySly's (now-completed) game is here http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12922 - look at it, then lynch Iecerint please.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hooray; now I can share Phate's secret scumtell with everyone --
Phate wrote:Iecerint, on the other hand, is obvscum. Look at how he continues to deliberately post in an anti-town manner. This doesn't sync with my prior experience of Iecerint.
Phate's only prior experience with me was an ongoing game where we were both dead and I had flipped scum. I doubt he would forget this, because I lynched his playerslot D2 before I flipped N2.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Phate »

Really? Your secret scumtell hinges on me following Sly's game after I requested replacement? I stopped following the game after I replaced out, other than to check whether it was still ongoing.

That's your secret scumtell? Bullshit. Not buying it.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Wow. Tjat's scumy in and of itself.

unvote, vote: Iecerint
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Iecerint »

That's even worse, then, Phate. You used rhetoric based on your "experience" with me when you had no idea of my alignment in the game in question. In other words, you intentionally provided invalid evidence to support a case.

Ani, why is that scummy on my part? The game just ended. Now I can specify what I noticed pages and pages ago.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Iecerint wrote:That's even worse, then, Phate. You used rhetoric based on your "experience" with me when you had no idea of my alignment in the game in question. In other words, you intentionally provided invalid evidence to support a case.

Ani, why is that scummy on my part? The game just ended. Now I can specify what I noticed pages and pages ago.
Expereince is experience. If you do it once as scum, it becomes associated with you as scum. Now, provide me wth an example of when you've done it as town.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Phate wrote:That's your secret scumtell? Bullshit. Not buying it.
I'm totally confused by this. Are you disputing that that was my secret scumtell at all?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Iecerint wrote:Phate's grandfatherly calls for fewer posts remind me of DDD's play in my first game on the site. He was scum. At present, I'm experiencing terrible deja vu, and I have a secret scumtell on Phate to match.
I was in the above mentioned game with Iecerint, and his play in this game does not deviate enough from my previous experience with him to think that he is scum here. In my opinion he played very anti-town and posted excessively as town previously and this fits his town play.

I don't like the wagon on Iecerint. It's an easy wagon to get on and I think the people on it should look elsewhere (if they are not scum themselves).

Vote: Nicodemus

iLord is spot on about the unvote post. It is a good tell and one I really like.

Nicodemus' defense of the same post is also both poor and scummy.

People should come back to this wagon.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Phate »

After I replaced out, I kept it on Watched Topics, but didn't really follow it except for a bit in the beginning to see how tubby did with my playerslot. I've been keeping an eye on the title, waiting for "Game Over" so I can post this. I didn't think to check your alignment.

Bah, I have a suspicion that I was wrong and that this is town-on-town. Other than you being fucking annoying for no reason, I was sure you were scum for the secret scumtell bullshit. Now I have to go read you in iso.

My 959 is alternating confusion and aggression. I meant it as disputing that you had a secret scumtell at all and were just pulling this out of your ass, but I wasn't sure enough to pursue the point. My whole reaction was pretty off-the-cuff.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Iecerint wrote:That's even worse, then, Phate. You used rhetoric based on your "experience" with me when you had no idea of my alignment in the game in question. In other words, you intentionally provided invalid evidence to support a case.

Experience is experience. If you do it once as scum, it becomes associated with you as scum. Now, provide me with an example of when you've done it as town.
You have it backwards. Phate was arguing that my play in this game was *different* from his experience with me, and that that was troubling. However, in his experience with me, I was scum. So if Phate is really amnesiac/lazy town, his argument implies that I am town, or at least trying a new scum meta.

I think it's at least as likely that scumPhate just wanted to add lazy fuel to my wagon and didn't bother thinking very carefully about the validity of his comments.

If you're asking for town meta (is that what you're asking? I'm not quite sure), glance through Kingdom Hearts mafia. That's my most recent town game that's finished, so it's probably the most reliable.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Phate, I think you're lying. These are the two posts I made immediately after your post we're discussing:
Iec, after Phate claimed that Iec's play did not match his prior experience with me, wrote:I would encourage you to review your prior experience with Iecerint.
Iec, 2 minutes later wrote:NB: Secret scumtell on Phate.
Either you're not reading the posts by one of your prime scum suspects, you are reading-impaired, or you have almost certainly known what my secret scumtell was this entire time. I'm banking on the latter.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Iecerint »

semioldguy wrote:In my opinion he played very anti-town and posted excessively as town previously and this fits his town play.
I didn't know how to come off of you D2 without looking really sheepish in the process. It was a learning experience. Cut me some slack. At least my 2343 posts are shorter now. :P
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Phate »

I read that post, frowned, thought "wtf? I was there. He definitely didn't play nearly as anti-town as he is now", and filed it away under 'things to dismiss because they come from scum'.

I skimmed you in iso. You have a tendency to exaggerate what people post in such a way to attempt to make their posts seem suspect even if the post in question is not suspect (in my opinion). I noticed this pertaining to myself, and EK has complained about it as well. You've also flip-flopped back and forth on several issues (notably on whether the plan will work, and whether Adel/myself are scum - I think you think we must both be the same alignment, and oscillate on which that is). Furthermore, you're fucking annoying, you're almost as aggressive as I am but in a snarkier way, and you post way too often even knowing that it's harmful to the town.

That said, a lot of what you post is content. I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but reasoning is there. I'm not convinced you're scum (though you clearly still think I am). You're knocked down to the middle tier of players (on a scum-town scale).

Unvote; Vote: startransmission

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EK was a goddess in Nouns mafia. She's not allowed to be sub-goddess this time around. Too much suspension of disbelief. Thinking she is scum is more parsimonious for now. (Not top-tier scum, but tentative scum.)

I have little to no difficulty thinking that Adel was town and you are scum. I did have some doubts about Adel very early in the game, but I changed my mind when he started developing his plan. That looked genuine to me. I also think Sly is somewhat more likely to be town than you. (Did you mean to say that you thought I thought you and Sly were the same alignment?)
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Yerk vs. Phate is soooooooooooo town vs. town.
We need to get the wagons on nico and start going.
FLASH OF GREEN
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Phate »

Iecerint wrote:(Did you mean to say that you thought I thought you and Sly were the same alignment?)
No, meant what I said.

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by SlySly »

Phate, from my experience with you, you are usually wrong about everything you say. Pick a stance and the rest of us can rest assured the opposite is most likely the truth.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Sly, you are in a unique position to speculate about the relevance or lackthereof of Phate's laziness/slip. Could you do that for me, please?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”