DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vikingfan wrote:although with the exception that since we're not executing the plan, I'm not sure I can trust Elli not to turn murderer at some point.
Spreading baseless suspicion much? Elli is a marked man for the NK, good luck to him with that plan.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Iecerint »

It's true that, contrary to the mistaken rhetoric surrounding the plan, failure to enact the plan makes Murderer a comparatively attractive win condition. That's compared to *with* the plan, I mean, rather than compared to winning as an Investigator.

P(Investiwin) > P(Murderer-NOPLAN) >>> P(Murderer-PLAN)

Whether that means that we should be worried specifically about Elli is a separate issue, though.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

Iecerint - 6 (VP Baltar, elvis_knits, SlySly, Phate, dramonic, CSL)

Nicodemus - 4 (Iecerint, animorpherv1, iLord, vikingfan)
startransmission - 3 (Sajin, Ellibereth, DrippingGoofball)
Hayker - 2 (Wickedestjr, Katy)
animorpherv1 - 1 (startransmission)
Ellibereth - 1 (Faraday)
Katy - 1 (evilsnail)
evilsnail - 1 (Magua)

Not Voting
- 6 (Drench, Sarag, semioldguy, Chaco, Hayker, Nicodemus)

Deadline for today is 8:00am (site time) on Thursday the 11th of March. You can view a countdown to the deadline here.

I have updated the Q+A section with the questions from the thread. I've also included another (unasked) question that was related to some of the questions being asked, as my response to this question has changed from the first version of the game:
Q+A wrote:Q: If a player is the target of
Murder
Resuscitate
and
The Ritual
, what happens?
A:
Resuscitate
prevents the
Murder
, but
The Ritual
succeeds.
Prods on inactive players will be going out tomorrow.

With 25 alive, 13 votes are required to lynch.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Iecerint »

Could someone explain startransmission's meta to me? Is he DeathNote-tier?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Forget meta, just iso him.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hmm. I suppose that's fine for now. On cursory inspection, it looks like it beats Nicky (e.g. with regard to treatment of ani):

Unvote; Vote: startransmission

...But I vaguely recall reading a game where he was lynched D1 on the basis of erratic behavior. I've never played with him before, though. I can't remember what his alignment was in that game....
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by startransmission »

Iecerint wrote:Hmm. I suppose that's fine for now. On cursory inspection, it looks like it beats Nicky (e.g. with regard to treatment of ani):

Unvote; Vote: startransmission

...But I vaguely recall reading a game where he was lynched D1 on the basis of erratic behavior. I've never played with him before, though. I can't remember what his alignment was in that game....
:?

What did you find scummy about me when you read my iso?

And in what way am I behaving erratically?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Chaco »

Catching up on the last 5 pages in a bit.

Trying to cut my posting down some due to those still trying to catch up.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:But he's being such a jerk.
That's how I know he's town, if he were scum, he would be sending you flowers and bonbons.
You'd be surprised. Some people who are supposed to know me still don't know that I destroy my opposition with flamethrowers and that I put out for bonbons.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Your activity this morning is what led me to originally ask about your meta. For example, first you indicated that you had no idea what was going on because you were behind, but then you said that I was obvscum. It would appear that failure to know what was going on would preclude your making an informed judgment about my alignment.

Your use of " :? " just above may imply that you were joking at the time (because it implies an unexpected development), but that's not how I read it this morning.
startransmission wrote:I think that we can now be certain of his [ani's] honesty. He's lied already, who's to say he's not lying again now?
This is the post that I used to differentiate you from Nicky. Whereas Nicky unvoted after ani's townhood was confirmed, you kept it up for one more round.

NB: I'm mentally placing this post after Percy's pseudo-confirmation, but I didn't check that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: The quoted ST bit is 4 hours before Percy's error confirmation post. So I the Nicky-ST differentiation machine is gimped slightly.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Katy »

Phate wrote:If the biggest read you've taken away from Adel is his annoyance at the town noiseclaiming without his permission at the beginning of d1, you need to reread the thread. Adel played completely in-character, to the point of replacing out and throwing a bit of a fit when the mod told him he wasn't allowed to break the game. That's not scum behavior in general, and definitely not for Adel.
It's not the biggest read, but it's something that bothered me a lot. I get what you are saying about his replacing out. I don't know if I would characterize his replacing out exactly the same way you did, but that's neither here nor there, as there's nothing in there to indicate alignment to me. If the "game-breaking" plan was actually something that cult perceived as giving them an advantage, then a disappointed scum might feel that the mod unduly interfered on town's behalf just as much as a town might feel the mod unduly interfered with town play.

That said, having been actively participating, I have a much better grasp on the events of the game since I started than I do the events from before I started, and I think there are better ways to go than Hayker right now.

I'm not sold on this Startransmission BW. I can see how his post 883 could rub people the wrong way but I took it as a bit of a joke. Can someone explain this deal where some players seem exempt from explaining their votes? I have this weird feeling like I'm playing with a group of friends who are all just going along with each other and acting like they're in on some secret meeting. But the only people who should be having secret meetings are cult so ... what gives?

Unvote

Vote: Nicodemus

I'd rather go this way. In addition to this:
Katy wrote:I do think the one post that was picked out as scummy was certainly anti-town at best and his response (I decided to support it and then I could see if it was a good plan after we decided to do it), is nonsensical at best. While I agree that it looks more lazy, I think it could just as easily be lazy scum as lazy town, just trying to go with the flow.
He promised at the end of his post to read and post something of substance. It's been over 24 hours from then. I would think town who had votes piling up on him would want to defend himself and find real scum. Instead he's disappeared and suddenly the votes are going another way. Hmm.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Katy wrote:[Nicky] promised at the end of his post to read and post something of substance. It's been over 24 hours from then. I would think town who had votes piling up on him would want to defend himself and find real scum. Instead he's disappeared and suddenly the votes are going another way. Hmm.
That is a decent point.

To the other, I think it depends on which subtle voter you're talking about.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Yeah, sorry I didn't get to this game today. I had a ton of homework come due this week and midterms are this weekend for two of my classes. I'll do my best to get something useful up tomorrow.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:22 am

Post by iLord »

I'm a going to answer Nico when I get home.

For those interested, he's still scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 am

iLord wrote:For those interested, he's still scum.
K

unvote, vote: Nicodemus

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Faraday »

Mod I'm going to have to be replaced

Sorry all. Assignments/inconsistent internet has left me unable to play this game.

Sorry again, Percy.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Nicodemus -- I want a list of people you find scummy and why in your next post
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:17 am

Post by SlySly »

I find it very interesting that many of the replacement requesters are still very active in other games.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Phate »

SlySly wrote:I find it very interesting that many of the replacement requesters are still very active in other games.
I don't. This game is probably going much faster than whatever else they're in.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Sajin »

Hey Startransmission made a bunch of defensive posts and "I will catch up" posts!

@Star- Who do you think is scum?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 am

Sajin wrote:Hey Startransmission made a bunch of defensive posts and "I will catch up" posts!

I don't recall being poked, flinching, or being defensive. I have made a bunch of "I will catch up" posts. What can I say, I've never been in a game like this before. In less than a week there are more posts in this game than most full games I play in that take a month or so.

I'm looking at DGB, Phate, and Iecerint. Phate's buddying of Magua was a little much, DGB making it sound like I was somehow out of control and scummy, and Iece for going along with what I consider a pretty weak argument against me from DGB.

Nothing solid, but they are certainly my focus.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

startransmission wrote:
Sajin wrote:Hey Startransmission made a bunch of defensive posts and "I will catch up" posts!

I don't recall being poked, flinching, or being defensive. I have made a bunch of "I will catch up" posts. What can I say, I've never been in a game like this before. In less than a week there are more posts in this game than most full games I play in that take a month or so.

I'm looking at DGB, Phate, and Iecerint. Phate's buddying of Magua was a little much, DGB making it sound like I was somehow out of control and scummy, and Iece for going along with what I consider a pretty weak argument against me from DGB.

Nothing solid, but they are certainly my focus.
Then why is your vote still on me (confirmed town)?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

It's not doing any harm there. I'll move it when I can make a solid argument against somebody else.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

startransmission wrote:It's not doing any harm there. I'll move it when I can make a solid argument against somebody else.
You do realize that there's at least 1 person (I think 5) who have noted that your still having your vote on me is scummy.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”