McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 am

Post by McGriddle »

hewitt wrote:No I understand he's not asking for anybody to claim. I just don't understand why he'd even be suggesting that somebody should be claiming any sort of power role on page four of a game.
That's because I am not. Why should I have to direct you to what we were talking about? You have eyes, go read yourself.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Excedrin »

farside22 wrote:excedrin: Your asking my opinion of mcgriddle while not giving one of your own. I find players asking others view points are scum motivated as why would anyone town ask another player their view point on a player they havent' said boo about.
It's odd that you're putting so much emphasis on a random/joke vote. Also, I already said that McGriddle was obvscum, it would be lucky if my random vote landed on scum tho.

Serious note, my thought about McGriddle's response was that it's slightly defensive when there's no reason to be. He didn't reply with anything to advance the game.

Do you think that all opinions should be shared at all times? Would a constantly updated scum/town list with reasons be a good idea?
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Chaco »

The Third Vote Count "BLAAAAAAAAARGH"

hewitt (1)
: pwnman,
PaltryExcuse (0):

don_johnson (0):

kunkstar7 (1):
Excedrin,
Mindgamer (0):

DiscoRoboto (2):
Mindgamer, PaltryExcuse,
farside22 (0):

pwnman (1):
kunkstar7,
Excedrin (0):
Light (0):

McGriddle (2):
don_johnson, farside22,
water_foul (0):

Not Voting (5)
: DiscoRoboto, hewitt, Light, McGriddle, water_foul

A deadline has been set for the 5th of March at 11:59:59pm.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

Excedrin wrote:
farside22 wrote:excedrin: Your asking my opinion of mcgriddle while not giving one of your own. I find players asking others view points are scum motivated as why would anyone town ask another player their view point on a player they havent' said boo about.
It's odd that you're putting so much emphasis on a random/joke vote. Also, I already said that McGriddle was obvscum, it would be lucky if my random vote landed on scum tho.

Serious note, my thought about McGriddle's response was that it's slightly defensive when there's no reason to be. He didn't reply with anything to advance the game.

Do you think that all opinions should be shared at all times? Would a constantly updated scum/town list with reasons be a good idea?
You said obv scum during a random joke/ vote that you are now saying was a serious comment apparent? Your wording on the first paragraph is confusing
With mason's in this game the only list I plan on making is a list of those I think may be scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Excedrin »

farside22, it was a comment with the same weight as the vote. Looks like selective reading on your part.
McGriddle wrote:oh missed the first question, I am asking in order to get a read off of him, why does anybody ask a question?
Role related questions are usually a bad idea. Hypothetical questions kinda suck in general, town and scum can easily answer them in the same way. How do you think scum would answer your "PR claim" question vs how would town answer? Would scum honestly say, "Oh, I'd counterclaim and call for hammer!" I don't see the value.

pwnman, why do you like playing mafia?

Light, have you played non-forums mafia before, IRC/Chat or in person?
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Light »

to answer your question

i have played 1 forum based mafia game before, not here though.

i have played the rl version (with playing cards) several times. (in person is the best place to play imo.

i have played the warcraft III version of mafia several times.
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Light, have you played a game where the setup is mostly vanilla? If so, how do you find scum when there's no cops, vigilantes, doctors etc to help you find scum?
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Light »

yes i have

2 mafia, 1 healer, 1 investigator/cop. that is the simpler and better setups. i have not played a 2 goon and rest v/t.

its based on pressure. we'd usually just pick at random because there is pretty much nothing to go by. however the more you exert pressure onto someone with attacks and votes, the likely we'll ened up going somewhere. I'd also like to add that these forum based mafia games take much longer than any other variation/setup i've played.

look, a game without any special roles given to the townies, i believe would be stupid. if there were no special townie roles, this game would be more of a guessing game than a deciphering/strategical game which i love.
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 am

Post by water_foul »

Light wrote:its based on pressure. we'd usually just pick at random because there is pretty much nothing to go by. however the more you exert pressure onto someone with attacks and votes, the likely we'll ened up going somewhere. I'd also like to add that these forum based mafia games take much longer than any other variation/setup i've played.
I agree with this so does any one get any scum vibes from any one else or should we exert pressure randomly?
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22, it was a comment with the same weight as the vote. Looks like selective reading on your part.
Then please explain better what you are saying here:
You asked my view of McGriddle then you say here after I said I don't like giving people reads of others without seeing their view first. Your saying your obvscum was your comment but it wasn't serious.
Which is it. Is it that you think mcgriddle is obvscum or you don't have a read on him?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:03 am

Post by McGriddle »

I just want to know how I am obvscum, other than scum pointing out flaws in my questioning... That's not scummy, it means I am not really paying attention to hard.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Mindgamer »

I don't like how Pwnman hasn't said anything yet outside his RVS vote and RQT answer.

Unvote. Vote: Pwnman
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 am

Post by hewitt »

McGriddle wrote:That's because I am not. Why should I have to direct you to what we were talking about? You have eyes, go read yourself.
Good comeback. Clearly you learned how to play this game from ABR. I agree with Excedrin, who chats up about power roles within the first four pages of D1? I can only think of one role who would really want that type of discussion out there so early.

And this is a great sign VVV
McGriddle wrote:IThat's not scummy, it means I am not really paying attention to hard.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:37 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Xonar!
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:46 am

Post by McGriddle »

HAHAHAHA LMFAO
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Excedrin »

farside22 wrote:You asked my view of McGriddle then you say here after I said I don't like giving people reads of others without seeing their view first. Your saying your obvscum was your comment but it wasn't serious.
Which is it. Is it that you think mcgriddle is obvscum or you don't have a read on him?
When I voted McGriddle, my (random) vote had a (joke) reason behind it.
farside22 wrote:excedrin: Your asking my opinion of mcgriddle while not giving one of your own.
This is false: I asked only what you thought of his reaction, not for everything you thought about him. Secondly, I had stated an opinion even if it wasn't serious (stating an opinion doesn't have to be serious in order to get a reaction).
farside22 wrote:Your saying your obvscum was your comment but it wasn't serious.
I've stated pretty clearly what I think of McGriddle's reaction (admittedly, after asking your opinion). Beyond that, how would it be possible to have any read when I posted my McGriddle vote?

To answer my own question, the only reasonable read would be timing based, that McGriddle's "slow" confirm and first post could indicate that he was talking to his scumbuddies.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Excedrin »

Light wrote:look, a game without any special roles given to the townies, i believe would be stupid. if there were no special townie roles, this game would be more of a guessing game than a deciphering/strategical game which i love.
Um, no, without power roles you have to strategize and decipher on a deeper level, examine what people say why they said it and what they're trying to do. So the point is, how are you going to find scum by playing passively and waiting? Maybe you already know who's scum? If so, please share your info.
water_foul wrote:I agree with this so does any one get any scum vibes from any one else or should we exert pressure randomly?
What do you think?
McGriddle wrote:I just want to know how I am obvscum, other than scum pointing out flaws in my questioning...
Scum are pointing out the flaws in your questioning? So, you're saying that don_johnson, farside22, hewitt, Excedrin and maybe water_foul are all scum (did I miss anyone)? If not, then who specifically that pointed out flaws in your questioning is scum?

DiscoRoboto unvoted hewitt after his attack and is now empty posting about being bored.
DiscoRoboto wrote:It would come to bite the town AND me in the ass later.
So you're not part of the town?
Unvote; Vote DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:18 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Since when is it strange to put emphasis on something?
Xonar!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 am

Post by hewitt »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Since when is it strange to put emphasis on something?
It's strange that you would separate the town from yourself.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Well, obviously, I'd die so it would after all be worst for me.
Xonar!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Light: What are your opinions on... anything? You've stayed very neutral in your posts so far.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Does a random vote have to be logical? What do you think about McGriddle's reaction?
Okay so you asked me about his reaction but didn't say what you thought about it in your post

I missed your response here:
My appologies for missing this and grilling you for it later.

As for my view about this post:
McGriddle wrote:I think the questions are great, they spark discussion, the only downside is that they can spark a wrong answer and lead to a mislynch.
Odd. Lots of assumption but into this post. Why assume wrong answers and mislynch with the questions.
Plus when asking about his non RVS vote he claims to not like RVS voting but doesn't propose anything to move forward in the game.
Finally we have him asking misleading questions about how people will react with a PR claim.
I see no point in these questions.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

@PaltryExcuse: You asked hewitt earlier about multiple scumteams changing the way of play. Is there multiple scumteams? I have reread the first post multiple times and I still am not sure on this.

@DiscoRoboto if you knew that you were a part of town, then why take the time to single yourself out? You shouldn't be worried about dying for the town. Admittedly it would be better if we didn't misynch, but still that wording just gives you a air of separation from the town.
Welcome to the Network.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

kunkstar7 wrote:@PaltryExcuse: You asked hewitt earlier about multiple scumteams changing the way of play. Is there multiple scumteams? I have reread the first post multiple times and I still am not sure on this.
The last (and only) game I played with hewitt was an open multiple scum team game: Big Brother Mafia. It was modded by farside22.
This game has only one scumteam.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

disagreeing with the attacks on disco. the word "and" is hardly a mechanic of separation.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Open Games”