Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I'll go next.

Who else hates RVS?

I do. Intensely.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

fallen angel wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
Vote: Deer
for me replacing him in a game and given 2 days to defend myself as the most obvious lynch candidate, then getting lynched.

Just btw, I can kinda be a morning person, can't sleep past 9 or so if im tired and go to bed late, usually up between 7 to 8 otherwise :p
May I inquire as to the game out of curiosity and meta?
Sure, it's a newbie game, and Deer replaced in for someone else too, just btw. It's not done yet, so I can't say much else, but here you go. To be honest I figured that my slot was the best vote before realizing that it was the role I was replacing lol.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=850
havingfitz wrote:
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z

Bit of a slow start.

In the interest of conversation...does anyone have any favorite questions they like to ask others to break the ice/scumhunt in the early stages of games? And if so...what are they and how would you answer them?

I'll go first.

Not really. n/a
And no, I really don't have any question to ask, I'm still a newer player on here, so I really don't have much of a plan going into games. If I tihnk of any I'll ask them, but till then :/
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:14 am

Post by fallen angel »

Nobody Special wrote:I'll go next.

Who else hates RVS?

I do. Intensely.
Actually, I don't mind it. It's good for things like finding patterns, looking for bandwagons and attempted quicklynches, and basically just a way to get to know other players before it starts.

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
fallen angel wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote: Vote: Deer for me replacing him in a game and given 2 days to defend myself as the most obvious lynch candidate, then getting lynched.

Just btw, I can kinda be a morning person, can't sleep past 9 or so if im tired and go to bed late, usually up between 7 to 8 otherwise :p

May I inquire as to the game out of curiosity and meta?

Sure, it's a newbie game, and Deer replaced in for someone else too, just btw. It's not done yet, so I can't say much else, but here you go. To be honest I figured that my slot was the best vote before realizing that it was the role I was replacing lol.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=850
In that case, we really shouldn't discuss it. Talking about ongoing games is a no-no.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 am

Post by havingfitz »

So smashbro_of_the_SSS...do you prefer to be referred to as:

a) smashbro_of_the_SSS
b) smashbro
c) sbotsss
d) ssss
e) other

and do you prefer playing as scum or town and why?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 am

Post by sykedoc »

fallen angel wrote: In that case, we really shouldn't discuss it. Talking about ongoing games is a no-no.
This.
Tread carefully folks...
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 am

Post by havingfitz »

The town needs more caffeine this morning (or whatever part of day we are in).

fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 am

Post by fallen angel »

Excuse my double posting, but
havingfitz wrote: ZZZZZZ ZZZ ZZZZZZZZ

Bit of a slow start.

In the interest of conversation...does anyone have any favorite questions they like to ask others to break the ice/scumhunt in the early stages of games? And if so...what are they and how would you answer them?

I'll go first.

Not really. n/a
I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so? Hopefully this'll start some discussion. :wink:

I'll post links for my previous games when I find them. I have kind of an erratic playstyle, it tends to vary from game to game and role to role. My favorite role is any scum except Godfather. I like the deception involved, and I like the sense of getting away with something and defending myself. I'm not as strong a scumhunter as others, and so when I'm scum (and have meta to back me up) I can pose as town pretty well. I also like being a vanilla townie for the lack of any resources other then logic and skill. Nothing in the night phase to do other then analyze and read and think.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

fallen angel wrote:I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so?
Not sure...only non-VT roles (out of 8 or 9 games) have been replacing in as a seer and replacing in as a mafia roleblocker (both in D2 iirc). Seer was ok (caught a werewolf but lost the game) and mafia was fun but stressful (but resulted in a win). Getting a bit frustrated with all the VT roles. I would like to give mafia a try again...especially from the start of a game as it was exciting to evade town yet interesting to see people make right and wrong assumptions during the game. Playstyle is an OODA loop. Previous games can be googled :-)

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Nobody Special »

fallen angel wrote:Excuse my double posting, but
havingfitz wrote: ZZZZZZ ZZZ ZZZZZZZZ

Bit of a slow start.

I'll go first.

Not really. n/a
I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so? Hopefully this'll start some discussion. :wink:

I'll post links for my previous games when I find them. I have kind of an erratic playstyle, it tends to vary from game to game and role to role. My favorite role is any scum except Godfather. I like the deception involved, and I like the sense of getting away with something and defending myself. I'm not as strong a scumhunter as others, and so when I'm scum (and have meta to back me up) I can pose as town pretty well. I also like being a vanilla townie for the lack of any resources other then logic and skill. Nothing in the night phase to do other then analyze and read and think.
My favorite role is Vanilla Townie. And it will remain my favorite role until I can survive until endgame as such. My playstyle is...erratic, tbqh. I never know what I'm going to do until I do it.

My previous games here (all ongoing) are on my spiffy wikipage.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 am

Post by fallen angel »

havingfitz wrote:
fallen angel wrote:I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so?
Not sure...only non-VT roles (out of 8 or 9 games) have been replacing in as a seer and replacing in as a mafia roleblocker (both in D2 iirc). Seer was ok (caught a werewolf but lost the game) and mafia was fun but stressful (but resulted in a win). Getting a bit frustrated with all the VT roles. I would like to give mafia a try again...especially from the start of a game as it was exciting to evade town yet interesting to see people make right and wrong assumptions during the game. Playstyle is an OODA loop. Previous games can be googled :-)
Links, if you have them? Also, why is VT frustrating?
Nobody Special wrote: My favorite role is Vanilla Townie. And it will remain my favorite role until I can survive until endgame as such. My playstyle is...erratic, tbqh. I never know what I'm going to do until I do it.
Any particular reason why? Haha, that sounds like my playstyle too. Aww, ongoing games means no meta or ability to ask about power or anti-town roles. :( [/quote]
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 am

Post by fallen angel »

Ah, my mistake. I missed the "previous games can be googled".

*facepalm* Sorry.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

sucrose wrote:That one little character means "good morning?" Japanese is awesome.
Actually, it's Chinese. But Japanese use the same character. =)
nobody wrote:Who else hates RVS?
I always preferred RQS because there's at least more (seemingly) useful discussion that stems from it. But I'm not familiar enough with normal games to do RQS yet so I fall back on RVS. In general, early D1's suck.
fallen angel wrote:Actually, I don't mind it. It's good for things like finding patterns, looking for bandwagons and attempted quicklynches, and basically just a way to get to know other players before it starts.
If the voting is, in fact, random. How exactly does it give you useful patterns? The bandwagoning that happens due to RVS is usually, as far as I've seen, just done to spark up more conversation, and is oftentimes done by pro-town figures as well as scum. Do you really think scum will attempt to quick lynch with a random bandwagon?
fallen wrote:I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so? Hopefully this'll start some discussion. Wink
I've only played in newbie games and one normal games so my experience with roles is really limited. The two games I was scum in were exceedingly stressful and the one cop game I got was an utter fail. So for now, I guess my answer would be vanilla townie. Though I've been reading up on more normals lately and it sounds rather fun to play a mason.

My previous games are in my wiki. As for play style.. Uh...I type a lot?

Fallen - How experienced are you with mafia?

Fitz - What's your view on early bandwagons?
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:50 am

Post by fallen angel »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
fallen angel wrote:Actually, I don't mind it. It's good for things like finding patterns, looking for bandwagons and attempted quicklynches, and basically just a way to get to know other players before it starts.
If the voting is, in fact, random. How exactly does it give you useful patterns? The bandwagoning that happens due to RVS is usually, as far as I've seen, just done to spark up more conversation, and is oftentimes done by pro-town figures as well as scum. Do you really think scum will attempt to quick lynch with a random bandwagon?
At first, yes, it is totally random. But when someone flips scum (or a scummy player flips town, etc.) if you look back at the RVS, you can see some patterns. If two people continually and blatantly try to distance themselves from the other, even in the RVS, they might be scumbuddies. Stuff like that. And no, they wouldn't, but scum may hop on a bandwagon early in an attempt to not only appear original and incriminate other players by accusing them of bandwagoning later on, but also in hopes of something solid coming up later.

fallen wrote:I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so? Hopefully this'll start some discussion. Wink
I've only played in newbie games and one normal games so my experience with roles is really limited. The two games I was scum in were exceedingly stressful and the one cop game I got was an utter fail. So for now, I guess my answer would be vanilla townie. Though I've been reading up on more normals lately and it sounds rather fun to play a mason.
Masons are fun, and also fairly useful. Newbie games, although limited in roles, are good experience with the basics, and not a lot of setups use anything much more complicated. Some have vigs and stuff, but I haven't seen many setups that differ too far from newbie, just more players.

My previous games are in my wiki. As for play style.. Uh...I type a lot?
Any particular scumhunting techniques you use a lot?

Fallen - How experienced are you with mafia?
Sorta? I've played for a year and a half, although I took a break from this site. When I first started I played a bunch of games here (check my signature), but have more experience with face-to-face.
Just as a heads up, I tend to bold or color my text and just put it inside other's quotes. I hate using multiple quote tags, since I suck at it. :roll:
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

Well, this game of mafia is starting to sound more like a thread in "Mafia Discussion!"
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Yes, well. There's at least discussion going on.

Also, for those who are interested- http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... llen_angel

It needs updating, but meh.

And just for the sake of discussion or something, if I appear to be playing well (well, scumhunting properly, anyway), that probably means I'm scum.
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

fallen angel wrote:Yes, well. There's at least discussion going on.

Also, for those who are interested- http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... llen_angel

And just for the sake of discussion or something, if I appear to be playing well (well, scumhunting properly, anyway), that probably means I'm scum.
Just saying yo.

Incidentally I HATE META AND THINK IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. SERIOUSLY JUST TAKE THE GAME AS IT IS.

lol

Oh and
unvote
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by havingfitz »

fallen angel wrote:Also, why is VT frustrating?
Not that I find the role of VT frustrating...just the fact that I have been in that role so often and have not had a chance to try other roles at all or more often. I.e. a break in the monotony would be nice too.
chauchaudotcom wrote:Fitz - What's your view on early bandwagons?
In RV? In this game a third vote or higher on someone would start to get my attention.

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Vote Count:

Deer (3): Sucrose, water_foul, smashbro_of_the_SSS
Sucrose (1): Nobody Special
Nobody Special (2): chauchaudotcom, havingfitz
water_foul (1): fallen angel
smashbro_of_the_SSS (1):TeWuicah

With 11 it takes 6 to lynch.
D1 Deadline in 3 weeks. Will give specific day when it gets closer.
Last edited by sykedoc on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by havingfitz »

sykedoc wrote:
Vote Count:

Deer (3): Sucrose, water_foul, smashbro_of_the_SSS
Sucrose (1): Nobody Special
Nobody Special (1): chauchaudotcom
water_foul (1): fallen angel

With 11 it takes 6 to lynch.
D1 Deadline in 3 weeks. Will give specific day when it gets closer.
You missed my vote.

Syke: Shit I missed a few. I'm tired, my bad. Fixed!

fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Unvote

I'm gonna guess that there are one or more scum voting Deer, so I'm tempted to put him at L-1. Unfortunately, that's major wifom and also not worth the gambit so early in the game (especially D1). Bah.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by fallen angel »

jbernier93 wrote:
Incidentally I HATE META AND THINK IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. SERIOUSLY JUST TAKE THE GAME AS IT IS.
Oh, but it isn't. Meta (at least with players that have played multiple roles) can show how people behave as town, as scum, and occasionally as third party players (serial killers and such). Meta is a useful tool and should be taken advantage of, seeing as we're at D1 and have nothing else to go on.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

fallen angel wrote:Yes, well. There's at least discussion going on.

Bolding mine -- that's a very brave thing to say. But I can also see how you could hide behind it the other way -- f'rinstance, being scum but actively lurking. Ugh, WIFOM makes my head hurt.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by fallen angel »

*shrug* It's true. I have nothing to hide and no reason not to admit it. The one time I played well as town I tunnel-visioned until I was satisfied that the person I suspected wasn't scum. I'm not the strongest scumhunter. However, I don't lurk. Ever.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Deer »

Okay I'm here, a few words before I start - I only have my iPod as Internet until Friday so don't expect many posted quotes or huge textwalls until then - i'll try to refer to post numbers if I can. secondly, SSS, I'm really sorry about that game, but there were some pretty big RL things that came up, I do feel bad about it.

I agree with fallen's view on meta, though - if a player plays differently as scum vs. how they play as town, that can be easily seen. it's a pretty good tool but not something you should base a whole case on, though.

Not a fan of RVS either, so I'll answer your questions: as far as playstyle goes, I'm relatively new so I'm still trying to figure it out. my first game as newbtown I was far too defensive and appeasing so I still gotta work that out. I like playing as town much better than scum - something about the sense of security and the non-lying that happens just makes me more comfortable.

and I don't know if anybody has asked this yet, but nobody special, can you get
an avatar? just makes it waaaay easier.

Syke: I'm counting this as you telling me you're V/LA
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Deer »

you can do that syke but I'll still get on and post, don't worry.

Syke: "Limited Access" (All it means is I wont blame you if it takes you a little longer to post)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”