Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Also would like to hear more from Konowa.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

I wrote:Your
(Hoopla's)
attempt to derail the
(MIC)
wagon is noted.
vote: Hoopla
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Col.Cathart wrote:
I wrote:Your
(Hoopla's)
attempt to derail the
(MIC)
wagon is noted.
What scum motivation is there to attempt to derail MIC's wagon when he's at L-1? It was very likely his lynch was going to go through, and even if he wasn't lynched until later, I would
know
it would look quite incriminating. Then, even if I managed to get votes off MIC, their revotes would all have to be on the same person to avoid getting myself lynched (I was the competing bandwagon). Do you really think the town had 9 votes on two different competing scum wagons on D1? I know this is a wifom defense, but I don't care. It's stupid scum play, and I don't think I'm stupid.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by d3x »

In p152, Hoopla wrote:WIFOM
Vote: Hoopla

Frankly, I'm not thinking RC's Scum. I'm not ruling it out completely, but I believe that the amount of anti-RC sentiment going around looked like an easy place for MIC to gain townie points when RC's inevitable lynch occured.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Hoopla »

d3x, please read my post and respond to it point by point, rather than just picking out a wiki-tell you don't understand and mindlessly following it. Please stop and just reread without bias and come to a deeper conclusion. If you can't do that, please explain your definition of wifom and why wifom is bad.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hoopla: now you're done criticising others for not responding to your post, mind responding to my post?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

the Colonel 151 wrote:
What post are you referring to?

Hoopla's hammer counts for nothing?

Vote: Konowa
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

RedCoyote wrote:
the Colonel 151 wrote:
What post are you referring to?

Hoopla's hammer counts for nothing?
1) Post, when she votes me and tells everyone to vote me instead of MIC.

2) Well, her attempt failed, so I if she wouldn't go back to bussing, that would put her in even worse light, don't you think?

About Hoopla's wifom defense (don't criticize d3x, you named it yourself) - 'simple logic - simple conclusion' tactic managed to catch one scum already, why should I complicate my train of thoughts this time?
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by d3x »

Hoopla- You're assuming that my Vote is based solely off of your WIFOM post. I'm not faulting you for that, as I didn't list any other reasons in my post, however you can be assured that there is more.

First, you're D1 play is very suspicious to me. Others have stated that it's against your Town meta but that's low on my list. The way you bounced your Vote around made me very nervous, especially considering that not a single Vote contained a reason aside from 'Another wagon! Yay!'

You tried to derail the MIC wagon and C.C called you on it twice. The reactions were very different and, imo, telling. The first time, you said that the suspicion was "valid". The second, you become defensive, lashing out about how it'd be a stupid Scum play.

This is essentially the same thing that you've now done with the WIFOM post. You called yourself out on WIFOM and when someone agrees that it's scummy, you get defensive; going off about me 'misunderstanding a wiki-tell'. Nice try to get me to go point by point on a WIFOM debate, btw.

Now let's look at your End of Day plays. You UnVoted MIC because... oh, yeah, there was no reason. You UnVoted him and went after C.C saying it's a longshot, but not giving any reasons why anyone should follow. Considering your comment in Iso10, I don't understand why one presumably reasonless wagon isn't as good as another.

Looking at your ReVote on MIC, you gave no real reason for Hammering him aside from "I don't think he's not suspicious". If you really didn't like the wagon, why Hammer with almost 24 hours left? It had been only 12 hours since you last left the wagon, why not give the C.C lynch another go?

Also, your 'quick predictions' post feels very forced. It's like you're trying very hard to gain Town points at in the last remaining seconds before Night, trying to get your opinion out 'just in case you're NKed'.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

Locke Lamora wrote:Hoopla: your 'if MIC is scum' post seemed incredibly contrived to me. Do you not think I justified my vote on you adequately? Does anything about my attitude towards MIC yesterday make you think I'm his scumbuddy?

Need to hear a lot from Zach and more from Konowa in particular.
To be honest it was just a spontaneous mind-dump. Racking my brain as quickly as I could before the day ended, because I didn't have much hope in him flipping scum. Everything I said was true as it was fresh from the top of my brain. Really though, I don't understand why you're claiming it looks fake. Can you explain if it was the feel of the post, or the actual directions of my suspicion?

I think you justified your vote adequately - you did that just fine. But I'm suspicious of you because I really don't think scum double-bussed their roleblocker on D1. I have little to no read on either of the lurkers (Konowa and Zach), and out of RC and you, you look like the most logical choice for scum not bussing. You jumped at just the right time - when MIC wasn't too far ahead, and when I was a feasible choice.

Your attitude specifically toward him isn't conclusive, and I'm not going to try and fabricate any evidence or put forward a long-shot theory, because it'll probably just be me interpreting what you're doing as scum, without being able to say why you're doing it. My suspicion for you is based on guessing where I think scum are, and why you unvoted MIC. And also one other thing I haven't mentioned yet.

Everyone: please state your current opinion on the likelihood of Locke-scum.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 am

Post by sigma »

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: March 6th, 8:30 AM (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) Konowa
Shotty to the Body ( 1 ) charter
Hoopla ( 3 ) Shotty to the Body, Col.Cathart, d3x
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 1 ) RedCoyote
Zachrulez ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 0 )
No Vote ( 4 ) Locke Lamora, Hoopla, Zachrulez
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

the Colonel 157 wrote:1) Post, when she votes me and tells everyone to vote me instead of MIC.

2) Well, her attempt failed, so I if she wouldn't go back to bussing, that would put her in even worse light, don't you think?
I guess I'll have to go back and look for it.

Maybe. It seemed as though half the players in the game weren't here though, so I guess Moai was the inevitable lynch. Lynching a Roleblocker is awfully painful though. I feel for our Mod, because I think we have a lot of players asleep at the wheel here. It makes it hard to push forward, because I want to hear from more people.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, I guess only two. It feels like more for some reason.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hey RC, what are your thoughts about Locke?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by d3x »

Ok, if I'm missing something here, please point it out.
Hoopla wrote:My suspicion for you
{Locke}
is based on guessing where I think scum are, and why you unvoted MIC.
As far as I can tell, Locke never voted MIC.

Locke's Voting Record

Iso1-Vote:Hoopla
Iso3-Vote:RedCoyote
Iso8-Vote:Hoopla

GTKAS - d3x
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by charter »

Locke Lamora wrote:Charter: you think Shotty was bussing with his vote? MIC wasn't the obvious lynch at that point.
Actually, upon relfection, I'm not as sure. After thinking about it some more, I am agreeing with d3x in 158 and since I'm not very in to this game, my conviction in Shottyscum is waivering.

Another thing is, Hoopla hammering MIC before he claimed, and while I have no problems with this, I don't think many people usually advocate or follow through with it, it normally comes from scumbuddies who know they won't catch flak for doing it.

I agree with d3x's
d3x wrote:You tried to derail the MIC wagon and C.C called you on it twice. The reactions were very different and, imo, telling. The first time, you said that the suspicion was "valid". The second, you become defensive, lashing out about how it'd be a stupid Scum play.
most.

It seems like she thought that the bad scum play defense would be better than standing by her Cathart suspicion.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by d3x »

charter wrote:since I'm not very in to this game, my conviction in Shottyscum is waivering.
Were you more 'into this game', would you not be questioning your earlier read on Shotty? I'm not really getting what you mean here.

GTKAS - d3x
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I like Locke, but I have to take a closer look at those who prefered to push me over Moai yesterday.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Hey guys, I'm here, I've just had a pretty hectic week this last week, and I've been trying to catch up on everything.

I have skimmed through the game, and from the looks of things Hoopla and Shotty's play look off to me.

I want to do a full read of the game before I post anymore though to make sure my reads are right.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

@Hoopla: I'm neutral towards Locke scum, I could see it with a little stretching, but I haven't really seen enough evidence to convict on that yet.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by d3x »

Can we have a prod or something on Konowa? He hasn't posted for over a week now.

GTKAS - d3x
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 am

Post by sigma »

Konowa has been prodded.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Hoopla »

d3x wrote:Ok, if I'm missing something here, please point it out.
Hoopla wrote:My suspicion for you
{Locke}
is based on guessing where I think scum are, and why you unvoted MIC.
As far as I can tell, Locke never voted MIC.

Locke's Voting Record

Iso1-Vote:Hoopla
Iso3-Vote:RedCoyote
Iso8-Vote:Hoopla
Yes, that was foolish.

Locke, why weren't you on the MIC wagon? What was your opinion of Dry-fit?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by d3x »

Mod
- Can we also get prods on Locke and Col.Cathart? Neither has posted since Sunday afternoon. Thx.

@Hoopla-
I wrote:If you really didn't like the
{MIC}
wagon, why Hammer with almost 24 hours left?

GTKAS - d3x
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hoopla: Because when I was ready to place a Moai vote he was already at L-1. It wasn't time for a hammer, in my opinion, so I didn't vote.

I thought Dry-fit made some good points, he was obviously interpreting RC the same way I was, so I saw where he was coming from there. I also agreed with his criticism of MIC's approach to the RC wagon. I didn't really see anything scummy from him either, so he was firmly on my town list.

As for your 'if Moai is scum' post, I thought the original premise was contrived to begin with. It just read like you were eager to start pointing fingers at other players even though you shouldn't have known whether MIC was scum or not. I didn't see the need to get those thoughts out there before the lynch scene for any other reason than to make people suspicious of those players overnight.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”