Open 205 - Medical Mafia - Game Over Too Soon?

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Looker »

Wait a minute. Who all thinks that Mindgamer is town?

Vote Count #6

XScorpion (2) - kyle99, SaintKerrigan
Looker (2) - XScorpion, Mindgamer
mykonian (1) - Light
SaintKerrigan (1) - mykonian
Light (1) - Looker

Not Voting (2) - danny135, DiscoRoboto

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:31 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:Wait a minute. Who all thinks that Mindgamer is town?
I do, for now. Why do you ask?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:36 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Because a: he know people will react on it, and based on these reactions he tries to find someone reacting weird
b: he knows the above, is concious about what he does, and is scum doing it.

OR
c: he talked his posting behavior and overall game strategy over with his scum buddy who accidently breadcrumbed it.

It's not far-fetched, there is no 'too strange to be true' or 'too ... to be ...'
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Looker »

@StK: Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one sniffing him/he wasn't getting a free pass like Danny/Disco.

@Disco: How clever do you think I am? Schizophrenic paranoia can really hurt your game.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:42 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

How clever? I don't care how clever you are, even the smartest people can be idiots. A could-be-scum-tell is a could-be-scum-tell, even if it's stupid play.
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Looker »

Danny/Disco scumpair?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:Danny/Disco scumpair?
Explain.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Elaborate please.
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Looker »

He's the only one that avoided remarking on my push for a Danny wagon and he hasn't done much the whole game other than sit back and watch us vote each other. ScumDisco has a pretty comfortable position right now. Nobody's noticing him.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Looker »

That and his partner's being replaced so I can't vote him :(
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:01 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Because a: he know people will react on it, and based on these reactions he tries to find someone reacting weird
b: he knows the above, is concious about what he does, and is scum doing it.

OR
c: he talked his posting behavior and overall game strategy over with his scum buddy who accidently breadcrumbed it.

It's not far-fetched, there is no 'too strange to be true' or 'too ... to be ...'
What information do you have as town to make you choose for a theory that you admit to be unlikely (though not impossible)?

Seriously, you make no sense. I have a gut town read on you, but you act as if you have more information then you can have. And then you tunnel on it, denying all information that contradicts your current read. Please tell, why are you a towny?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:03 am

Post by mykonian »

And StK, that is your excuse, I know. It is the only hiding place.

It is also the only thing that doesn't make it an absolute tell.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Why would I comment on the Danny wagon when everything was already said? It's just a stupid thing to do, do you really need to hear that?
Also, nobody noticing me might just be because I'm playing this game correctly? I don't know, but people noticing you (because i.e. a danny wagon) is usually a bad thing.

I have never admitted or said to have 'chosen' the theory, I'm simply laying it on the table.
Why am I towny? I don't know, because I haven't really been scummy for as far as I can tell. If you have objections to that, please point em out.

I always act like I have more information than I actually have, at least I hear so from others.

The two of you moving in a group is duly noted.
Xonar!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:07 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

mykonian wrote:And StK, that is your excuse, I know. It is the only hiding place.

So, you're simply going to deny all my responses as "excuses," eh? Tunneling much?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker, why are you voting for Light?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Looker »

Because he accepted Mykonian's plans without considering its ramifications and later voted Mykonian due to some "you could've got meta on StK" silliness, which is untrue. As I've already stated, search is broken so there's really no way to get sufficient meta on anyone.

@Disco: Mykonian and I working as a team? I guess dreams really
do
come true. (At least we're not TvT
destroying
each other like last time)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:41 am

Post by mykonian »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
mykonian wrote:And StK, that is your excuse, I know. It is the only hiding place.

So, you're simply going to deny all my responses as "excuses," eh? Tunneling much?
I have already admitted the tell not to be absolute. I think it counts enough against you to vote you. I show here I know its weaknesses.

But I know them of a lot of tells, and that doesn't mean I won't vote.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:48 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
I have never admitted or said to have 'chosen' the theory, I'm simply laying it on the table.

Why am I towny? I don't know, because I haven't really been scummy for as far as I can tell. If you have objections to that, please point em out.

I always act like I have more information than I actually have, at least I hear so from others.

The two of you moving in a group is duly noted.
Bolded: WOW. What a way to backtrack. Since when do you not have responsibility for what you post?

No disco, if it is too unlikely to be true (and see my post, it is), then you don't post it, because it adds nothing. This way you just add more suspicion around me, looker, or whoever
while it shouldn't be there

This is one reason why I very much dislike any "scumbuddy" argument made before we lynched scum. There is often little basis (since you always have a few steps that are unlikely), but they do add suspicion from the group to that player. It doesn't help to hunt scum.

Kyle, xscorp, get here and post.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:The two of you moving in a group is duly noted.
this is what I mean. You are just trying to scare people.

why is this notable?

If one is scum, what does that make the other?
if one is town, what does that make the other?

This is no scumhunting, Disco. This is manipulating. Now, show me some scumhunting.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:02 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

I never denied having responsibility, nice way to twist my words.

There is never anything too unlikely to be true. NEVER. Things can be 'far-fetched' but that doesn't make it less possible.

and about your comment regarding adding suspicion around people, just wow. Just... wow.
This way you just add more suspicion around me, looker, or whoever while it shouldn't be there.
It shouldn't be there? How subjective can it get?
If I can lay it on the table, people can judge for themselves if it should be there or not, that's nothing for you to judge.
Besides, how should it not be there? It's a thought, it really happened, there's no twisting (even if there was it should be there but more as a point against me rather then a point against you), so what's the problem here? Why should it not be open as a suggestion/option?
Xonar!
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:03 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Scaring people? Nigga please.

Tell me, myko, what am I manipulating? Besides, my case on you is very much scumhunting.
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Looker »

Well "nigga please" certainly scares me; I'm partially offended and partially terrified.

@Mindgamer: Why can't you see that your vote belongs on Kyle?!
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Kyle99
Looker, Light, and Mykonian are starting to look more town to me.
The two most suspect players are starting to look more town? That certainly needs an explanation.
Kyle99
XScorpion is just coasting and doing almost no scumhunting.
Very hypocrite.
Mykonian
A newby game (although
it doesn't really count
, he got mislynched early, after playing quite playfully, almost role-playing like, liking the idea of the game)
A poly lovers game, as town.
then, I remember a game where I said that the above two had happened, and that I this time wouldn't try to mislynch looker, and seen that
I have no good memories of that
, I believe I was mislynched pretty quickly.

uhm, I probably
forget 1
So you remember one legit game with Looker. Awesome.
DiscoRoboto
Also, nobody noticing me might just be because I'm playing this game correctly? I don't know, but people noticing you (because i.e. a danny wagon) is usually a bad thing.
:!:
No, no, no. You want people to notice you. A good townie is always on the lookout for scum, and you want other people to notice your finds. What could possibly be wrong with being noticed? That's how a scum thinks. Quite a big slip from you here, DiscoRoboto. Over 9000 scumpoints for you!
DiscoRoboto
Why am I towny? I don't know, because I haven't really been scummy for as far as I can tell.
Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.

Unvote. Vote: DiscoRoboto

Serious vote. You're thinking like a scum.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 am

Post by mykonian »

DiscoRoboto wrote:I never denied having responsibility, nice way to twist my words.

There is never anything too unlikely to be true. NEVER. Things can be 'far-fetched' but that doesn't make it less possible.

and about your comment regarding adding suspicion around people, just wow. Just... wow.
This way you just add more suspicion around me, looker, or whoever while it shouldn't be there.
It shouldn't be there? How subjective can it get?
If I can lay it on the table, people can judge for themselves if it should be there or not, that's nothing for you to judge.
Besides, how should it not be there? It's a thought, it really happened, there's no twisting (even if there was it should be there but more as a point against me rather then a point against you), so what's the problem here? Why should it not be open as a suggestion/option?
You want to play, disco? Lets see who can post the most shit about each other... And no, it is
your explanation
not what happened.

Then you prefer to post your explanation, letting the others out (until I posted them), while it is less likely, by far. When I call you on this, you fail to take responsibility for it. You just posted it. You didn't mean anything with it. Lol. In your words: wow, just... wow.

What are you hiding?
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

No, no, no. You want people to notice you. A good townie is always on the lookout for scum, and you want other people to notice your finds. What could possibly be wrong with being noticed? That's how a scum thinks. Quite a big slip from you here, DiscoRoboto. Over 9000 scumpoints for you!
Once again you're pulling it out of context.

Sure I want people to notice my finds, but my finds is surely not a direct part of my actions, is it? It's a report after analyzing said actions and other peoples actions.
What's wrong with being noticed? Well, it does distract attention from other players. It's only logical for someone who got a Town role PM to not want attention diverted to him, right?
People paying attention to my finds is a whole different plane, and you know that. You're ignoring common sense to put me in a black light. Not paying attention means that your posts aren't being read? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. If 'nobody pays attention to you' in the way I posted, it obviously means not paying attention to a persons scumminess because that attention is better used for other causes. Not implying that you should ignore a person because he's looking Town, I'm implying that scummy players deserve more attention.
Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.
Seriously now Mindgamer? Do you even read what you're posting?
If somebody asks me a question I answer it. Now you're pretending like I'm simply saying 'I care about how other people look at me'. No, I was answering a question.
Then again, Mindgamer, do you not care about how people look at you? You say you're a Townie (obviously) and that would mean lynching you is a mislynch, that ain't profitable for Town now, is it? Of course you don't try to look scummy, even as Town, as to prevent a mislynch. Besides, you are implying that my way of thinking was 'Have I been scummy this game?', but I don't ever recall having said that that's my way of thinking. Pulling things out of your ass much?

You're quite good at subtly pulling things out of context, Mindgamer.
Xonar!

Return to “Completed Open Games”