Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Vote: Deer
for me replacing him in a game and given 2 days to defend myself as the most obvious lynch candidate, then getting lynched.

Just btw, I can kinda be a morning person, can't sleep past 9 or so if im tired and go to bed late, usually up between 7 to 8 otherwise :p
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 am

fallen angel wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
for me replacing him in a game and given 2 days to defend myself as the most obvious lynch candidate, then getting lynched.

Just btw, I can kinda be a morning person, can't sleep past 9 or so if im tired and go to bed late, usually up between 7 to 8 otherwise :p
May I inquire as to the game out of curiosity and meta?
Sure, it's a newbie game, and Deer replaced in for someone else too, just btw. It's not done yet, so I can't say much else, but here you go. To be honest I figured that my slot was the best vote before realizing that it was the role I was replacing lol.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=850
havingfitz wrote:
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z

Bit of a slow start.

In the interest of conversation...does anyone have any favorite questions they like to ask others to break the ice/scumhunt in the early stages of games? And if so...what are they and how would you answer them?

I'll go first.

Not really. n/a
And no, I really don't have any question to ask, I'm still a newer player on here, so I really don't have much of a plan going into games. If I tihnk of any I'll ask them, but till then :/
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:36 pm

fallen angel wrote:

May I inquire as to the game out of curiosity and meta?
Of course. The game isn't over yet, but as i said, we're both out of it. If you're looking for meta on me you might not get much from this, and even deer came halfway through when his slot was under suspicion.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=850

Honestly, when I read through before I realized who I was replacing, I thought that my slot was the best lynch of the day lol.
havingfitz wrote:
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z

Bit of a slow start.

In the interest of conversation...does anyone have any favorite questions they like to ask others to break the ice/scumhunt in the early stages of games? And if so...what are they and how would you answer them?

I'll go first.

Not really. n/a
I want to come up with some questions to ask from the start, but no, I don't have any. Kinda new to the online mafia so I'm getting used to it still. If I think of any, I'll post them.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:39 pm

ok, sorry ,for some reason i thought it didnt post so i wrote it again, then saw teh 3 pages...i feel stupid :(
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:54 pm

so yeah, i need sleep. Moving on to an actual post:
sykedoc wrote:
fallen angel wrote: In that case, we really shouldn't discuss it. Talking about ongoing games is a no-no.
This.
Tread carefully folks...
Sorry, I'm not saying anything other than what was already confirmed.
havingfitz wrote:So smashbro_of_the_SSS...do you prefer to be referred to as:

a) smashbro_of_the_SSS
b) smashbro
c) sbotsss
d) ssss
e) other

and do you prefer playing as scum or town and why?
I usually go by smashbro or ssss. But I've gone by smash, smashy, or practically anything else related to that. I'm good with whatever you'd like.
fallen angel wrote: I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so? Hopefully this'll start some discussion. :wink:
I like any power role, because at times I find it a bit frustrating to not know anything. That being said I would love being cop, but so far have only been a mafia Roleblocker, and the other games are ongoing. Here is the finished game:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 10&start=0
Deer wrote:Okay I'm here, a few words before I start - I only have my iPod as Internet until Friday so don't expect many posted quotes or huge textwalls until then - i'll try to refer to post numbers if I can. secondly, SSS, I'm really sorry about that game, but there were some pretty big RL things that came up, I do feel bad about it.
I was just joking, don't worry about it. it's all for the fun of the game, and i really liked trying to get out of the situation. I actually would want to replace in more to do that.
Deer wrote:Well it's really hard to say at this point in time, people really haven't talked enough. Of the people on my wagon, smashbro comes off as the scummiest for using meta as an excuse to hop aboard the wagon.
Also, I went on only for the RVS idea. As for meta on you, I really could have no proof of how you will act this game, so I didn't do it for meta. and agreed, too soon to put anyone this close. I'm up for a bit more discussion.

unvote
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 am

sykedoc wrote:
Vote Count:

Deer (5): Sucrose, water_foul, smashbro_of_the_SSS, fallen angel, rzhang86
Sucrose (1): Nobody Special
Nobody Special (2): chauchaudotcom, havingfitz
smashbro_of_the_SSS (1):TeWuicah

With 11 players it takes 6 to lynch.

Deer is at L-1

This votecount is wrong, I did unvote.
rzhang86 wrote:so lets make it interesting....

vote: Deer
I don't like the vote, or how fallen angel responded. No vote yet, but explain yourself rz
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 am

*eats popcorn while watching the rzhang86 and fallen angel show*

k, well, what I'm getting from fitz's argument is that rz has contradicted himself multiple times, saying he is a noob at times, and not a noob at others. While the gambit he was trying does not necessarily make him scum, the contradictions and slip ups don't bode well.

As for me, I don't particularly like the way rz is playing, mostly drawing attention to the somewhat fluffy language. NOt quite enough to make me vote for him yet, and he is getting close.

btw,
UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Deer - 3

Sucrose - 1

Nobody Special - 1

rzhang86 - 3

smashbro_of_the_SSS - 1

HoS on rzhang86 by fallen angel
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 am

chauchaudotcom wrote:
Smashbro wrote:I don't like the vote, or how fallen angel responded. No vote yet, but explain yourself rz
Could you explain what you didn't like about FA's response before? Also, why did you choose to unvote during FA's gambit knowing that there probably wasn't going to be a hammer?
Here is the respons I was looking at.
fallen angel wrote:*sigh* I meant you're actions did nothing to help my plan. It honestly hurt it, seeing as all attention was drawn towards you afterwards, so nothing was gained.

I get that. But you're saying that you're neutral. If you are town, instead of focusing on that, try and redeem yourself instead of saying "Well, I can't prove it to you." You aren't getting lynched within the next real-life day or more, (at least, not if the town has *any* commons sense), so get out of the hole you dug. I meant giving up on anything useful. All you're doing is saying "I'm not scum but I can't prove it. Oh, and I did everything useful with FA's gambit." :roll:

Nope. I'm just trying to figure out how you think you're helping in the least bit.
I mainly didn't like the top paragraph, since I'm getting the faint smell of him saying "well, it was a good plan for us as scum, but unfortunately it got screwed up." This

As to why I unvoted, I didn't have any good reason to vote Deer, as I had no suspicions on him, but I did not consider the gambit taking place.

so, I will
vote: rzhang86
for the same reasons as the others, and the fact that he seems to be acting like he controls the game already, something scum practically are, since they know everyone else is town.

HE IS AT L-1 DO NOT VOTE AGAINST HIM YET
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Sucrose wrote:Interesting.

Vote: Smashbro_of_the_SSS

This is the second wagon you’ve jumped on, and I don’t like it one bit.

Without talking about the actual events of an ongoing game I’ve been reading, Rzhang seems to always be a very erratic, noobish player. In other words, an easy lynch.
The first wagon I was on was during RVS, and while i does not clear me as a townie, I unvoted early on the Deer wagon, in the midst of the gambit. If I had been mafia, then couldn't I have just left my vote on and hoped for a mislynch early on?
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 pm

I know it is WIFOM, but it is true that the mafia will stay in a situation if it would benefit them. Staying on at that point would benefit the mafia and hope it goes through. That much is true.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Ok, I thought i was explaining it was not wifom, but guess not, I'll try again.

based off of the mafia goals, they could put through a quick lynch on deer sue to a simple missvote. I'm saying that strategy wise, of course mafia would stay on. is it not the point of the game to analyze the other player's strategy and based what alignment you believe them to be off of this.

The point about hopping on different bandwagons would be a good one, if it did not occur so early. I had a definite reason for my random vote, and took it off once we started to leave RVS. I do not see anything scummy about that. As for the second wagon, after reading the pages I have put forward my two cents, and then, later on, changed my suspicions to a vote with evidence.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 am

Sucrose wrote:Fallen Angel admitted he was pulling a gambit. The unvote is null to me, you could just as easily have unvoted because Deer wasn't going to be lynched 3 pages in and it looked like a townie thing to do. WIFOM.
so then why do you not like that i have been on 2 wagons, if the first is a nulltell. isn't it possible that i believe rzhag is the best vote right now?
chauchaudotcom wrote:
Smash wrote:I mainly didn't like the top paragraph, since I'm getting the faint smell of him saying "well, it was a good plan for us as scum, but unfortunately it got screwed up."
So you're claiming that you see FA and rz as a scum pair? How exactly did you manage to interpret his statement as "you've failed us as scum" versus "you've failed us as town"?
smash wrote:so, I will vote: rzhang86 for the same reasons as the others, and the fact that he seems to be acting like he controls the game already, something scum practically are, since they know everyone else is town.
Your reason for voting rz is weak. How does rz control the game right now? Being in control means being able to direct the town as he pleases. Right now, a lot of town don't believe rz, so how is he in control?

Also, what made you decide to vote him now versus before?
I'm saying its a possibility for them to be a scumpair. With the general feeling that they could be acting scummy, especially rzhang, I took it was scumpair rather than a town pair.

The way he talks seems confident, as if he knows everything. I'm not saying that he controls the town but has more knowledge than the rest of us. With all of his explanations, he is giving more of reasons why a situation or gambit or whatever else is possible, instead of defending himself directly.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:08 am

chauchaudotcom wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:The way he talks seems confident, as if he knows everything. I'm not saying that he controls the town but has more knowledge than the rest of us. With all of his explanations, he is giving more of reasons why a situation or gambit or whatever else is possible, instead of defending himself directly.
Can you point out where in his posts it indicates/hints at him having prior/more knowledge?
For the most part, it's the way he's making his posts, his tone, etc. that is making me think this.

I was looking through his posts in this thread, but unfortunately I didn't find anything to give concrete support. All I can say about this is that its my general feeling I get from reading his posts.

I have to have time to think about this, and think about my opinion of him again. Until then,
unvote
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

havingfitz wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:I have to have time to think about this, and think about my opinion of him again. Until then,
unvote
Has your gut feel changed or are you just backing down after receiving a few question and negative attention from your rz vote?
I'm backing down because I had been going mostly on gut feeling, and when asked to find concrete evidence, I realized the largest indicator of scum I had on him was just the gut read. I'm not going to vote on him because of gut alone, and so I unvoted. The questioning did lead me to backing down, but I am not doing it because I am worried that the arguement would put a bad reflection on me, but because it has led me to have doubts about if he is scum or not.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:38 am

TeWuicah wrote:
fallen angel wrote:*sigh* I meant you're actions did nothing to help my plan. It honestly hurt it, seeing as all attention was drawn towards you afterwards, so nothing was gained.

I get that. But you're saying that you're neutral. If you are town, instead of focusing on that, try and redeem yourself instead of saying "Well, I can't prove it to you." You aren't getting lynched within the next real-life day or more, (at least, not if the town has *any* commons sense), so get out of the hole you dug. I meant giving up on anything useful. All you're doing is saying "I'm not scum but I can't prove it. Oh, and I did everything useful with FA's gambit." :roll:

Nope. I'm just trying to figure out how you think you're helping in the least bit.
I mainly didn't like the top paragraph, since I'm getting the faint smell of him saying "well, it was a good plan for us as scum, but unfortunately it got screwed up." This

As to why I unvoted, I didn't have any good reason to vote Deer, as I had no suspicions on him, but I did not consider the gambit taking place.

so, I will
vote: rzhang86
for the same reasons as the others, and the fact that he seems to be acting like he controls the game already, something scum practically are, since they know everyone else is town.

HE IS AT L-1 DO NOT VOTE AGAINST HIM YET
For starters, saying you vote for him "for the same reasons as the others" is very noncommittal, and as far as I can tell people did have different reasons for voting.

As for him acting like he controls the game, it seems more like his playstyle to me than actual control. Given that everyone finds him various shades of suspicious, he doesn't have nearly as much sway over people as your post suggests.

Also, what makes you think scum know everyone else is town? This is still a closed setup. You claim rzhang has more information, but it seems to me it is you who has more information.

Your final sentence is also pre-emptively covering your ass. You're okay with putting him at L-1 for a pretty flimsy reason, but should someone hammer him, you're already distancing yourself from your vote? Does not compute.
I'm saying that I vote for the same reasons as the others, because I agree with the other reasons given, i just don't want to write them down again.

Alright, I'll grant it to you that it could be his playstyle. Again I'm not saying that he feels like he controls the town, only acting like he is confident with the knowledge that he has.

As for the setup, I'm used to games where there is only vanilla townie, doc, cop, and mafia so I still automatically think about that setup. That is my mistake, sorry.

My final sentence was to make sure that he doesn't get hammered and the day ends early. If someone hammered him, I would expect to be scrutinized along with everyone else, this was not meant to be a preemptive excuse.

This should be accurate, in case anyone is wondering.
Unofficial Vote Count wrote: rzhang86(3): Deer, water_foul, havingfitz
Deer(1): rzhang86
smashbro_of_the_SSS(4): TeWuicah, sucrose, jbernier93, chauchaudotcom
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 am

havingfitz wrote:Who is your top suspect ssss? Is it still rz or have you redirected your suspicions to someone else?
right now, rz is not my top suspect anymore, but I'm still going to keep an eye on his slot. I have a couple other suspicions, but I'll keep most of them to myself for now, since I dont want scum to be able to clean up their act if they see suspicion on them. But I don't like how Sucrose was effectively joining my bandwagon as he complained about me jumping on bandwagons.
chauchaudotcom wrote: Smash - What's your experience with mafia?
I'm assuming meaning playing as mafia? Or just the game in general. Anyway, I've played some games with friends at parties, but they were largely informal, and no real evidence was used. In those games I was only ever townie, and maybe a doc once.

as for on this site, I've finished one game, technically two. In my first i was mafia, and did well the entire thread.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 10&start=0

the second game, I subbed in (it is now over) for Deer, and with heavy suspicion on my slot, had 2 days to try and clear my name. So I really didn't do much then, but here's the link anyway.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=700
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:34 am

Deer wrote:
Smashbro wrote:right now, rz is not my top suspect anymore, but I'm still going to keep an eye on his slot. I have a couple other suspicions, but I'll keep most of them to myself for now, since I dont want scum to be able to clean up their act if they see suspicion on them.
I understand where you're coming from on this, but I always have found this argument to be bogus. Townies need to scumhunt and show their suspicions - keeping them to yourself helps nobody.
I have no major suspicions, nothing strong enough to make me vote, but I went back a did a read of jbernier93 and found that so far his vote posts have little in them that was not already said, and he seems to be jumping on wagons in their early phases and staying on them. These are his vote posts.
jbernier93 wrote:
rzhang86 wrote: i voted Deer for the same reason fallen angel did...
vote:rzhang86
jbernier93 wrote:
unvote, vote:SSSS

He basically posted absolutely nothing of any consequence, wagoned rz to L-1, then backed off after being questioned for it... Doesn't mean I think RZ is town but SSSS's actions are more vote worthy IMO.
Even besides that, his other posts have little to no new content, barring maybe one or two tops. So I'm watching him, and look forward to seeing him under pressure.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Sorry for not posting much, but its true, what jb said, not having anything to post about. and fitz, i plan on waiting to see what rz's replacement is like before deciding on what to think of the slot.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 am

chauchaudotcom wrote:I call bs on everyone complaining there is nothing to talk about. If there is nothing to talk about, you ask questions, you ACTIVELY scumhunt. What are you waiting for? Scum to run around screaming, "OMG I'M SCUM LYNCH MEEEE!!!"

Smash - I had a question for you on the page before this. Why would JB be worrying about 'pressure' if you're not even voting him, or even questioning him about his actions? Why aren't you pursuing someone you find suspicious? Given that there are 12 people in this game, and MORE THEN ONE SCUM, even if rzhang was scum, why aren't you trying to find the other scum?

Unvote: Vote: Smashbro
because you lot are pissing me off and I bloody feel like it.

And I fucking love how the three people who respond didn't even address fitz's question. (Yes, I am in a terrible mood today and I am projecting it onto you guys.)
Fitz wrote:Does anyone else think rz replacing out (or FA for that matter) compounds suspicions that were already on them?
The act of replacing out is a null tell, because we can never distinguish whether it was real life or role related. The suspicion cast upon the two before still remains, but it does not increase or decrease simply because they replaced out.
Fitz wrote:If you suspected rz before he bailed...are you willing give rz's replacement a clean slate? For me the answer is no....whic h is why my vote is still on him.
They have the same role, why would you give them a clean slate?
Fitz wrote:Slow game. How many lurkers do we have?
Too many.

So. I have a proposition. You guys should all join the smash wagon. Why? Because wagons are good. Wagons make stuff happen. Do it. You know you wanna.
Ok, feel free to wagon me, at least it will get me more into the game. Just watch out for any premature lynches.

As for why jb would be worrying about pressure, I didn't think that one through at all, so I waited to answer, and then eventually forgot about it. I just thought that I wanted to see him under pressure, but unfortunately it does not look like that will happen soon.

As for the fact about my lurking, I don't know, I wasn't actively lurking, I truly had nothing to say, and so contributed to my not posting here. The only thing I have right now are a few town tells, and I'd rather not share them for the sake of hopefully not telling scum who would be the best nightkill. So, I guess just to hear more from him,
Vote; water_foul
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 am

chauchaudotcom wrote:
Smash wrote: but unfortunately it does not look like that will happen soon.
What do you mean? If you are suspicious of JB, why not question his jumping around and commit a vote to him? Why did you pick water_foul instead of JB?
lol, while i was making a case against him, you posted this. I originally picked waterfowl because of the people who were under pressure of votes, water_fowl seemed like the best vote to get information from, and help make my decision.
jbernier93 wrote:
Ok, feel free to wagon me, at least it will get me more into the game.
Just watch out for any premature lynches.

As for why jb would be worrying about pressure, I didn't think that one through at all, so I waited to answer, and then eventually forgot about it. I just thought that I wanted to see him under pressure, but unfortunately it does not look like that will happen soon.

As for the fact about my lurking, I don't know, I wasn't actively lurking, I truly had nothing to say, and so contributed to my not posting here. The only thing I have right now are a few town tells, and I'd rather not share them for the sake of hopefully not telling scum who would be the best nightkill. So, I guess just to hear more from him,
Vote; water_foul
(Emphasis added)
seriously? That's practically a scumclaim.
unvote, vote: Smashbro

Honestly, you are so scummy that, once you die, if you flip town, I will eat a sock.
What do you mean it is a scum claim? I'm saying that bandwagoning will both get me more into the game, and it will give more information to talk about. Which it looks like it has.

Also, deer brings up an interesting point, what are the exact reasons for my play being scummy? Is it just this quote, saying that bandwagoning would help, the makes me scummy?

So, since you gave little reason for your vote other than that, and deer's comment, i decided to look back at your votes in relations to everone else's votes starting on page 5, figuring that before that was mostly, if not all, RVS. Here's what I found (pay special attention to green, bold):

post 75: fitz unvotes, votes rzhang
post 78: waterfowl unvotes, votes rzhang
post 79: fallen angel unvotes deer
post 80: fitz unvotes rzhang, votes fallen angel
post 91: jbernier93 votes rzhang86
Post 95: fallen angel puts HoS on rzhang86
Post 100: deer votes rzhang
Post 150: Sucrose votes smashbro

Post 162: Nobody special unvotes whoever he had voted from RVS
Post 163: smashbro unvotes rzhang
Post 165: jbernier93 votes smashbro

Posts 166-168: chauchaudotcom votes me, takes off the vote due to not seeing jbernier93's vote, then puts it back on me, because there is no danger of a lynch.
Post 183: nobody special puts FoS on rzhang and fallen angel
Post 189: TeWuicah unvotes smashbro
Post 194: Fitz puts FOS on water_foul

Post 200: Sucrose unvotes, Votes smashbro
Post 204: jbernier93 puts fos on water foul
Post 213: jbernier93 votes nobody special

Post 217: fitz puts fos on waterfowl
post 218: chauchaudotcom votes nobody special
post 223: nobody special votes rzhang
post 226: TeWuicah votes water_fowl
post 236: chauchaudotcom votes smashbro
post 237: TeWuicah unvotes Votes smashbro
post 240: jbernier93 unvotes, votes smashbro

jbernier93 is jumping from vote to vote, once a decent case is presented on someone who has seemed suspicious. Also, what happened to your FoS on waterfowl from 204? It magically disappears?

Also, your posts tend to offer little to no explanations for votes, quoted below:
jbernier93 wrote:
rzhang86 wrote: i voted Deer for the same reason fallen angel did...
vote:rzhang86
jbernier93 wrote:
chauchaudotcom wrote: JB - Why do you think rz is scummy? You quoted a line he wrote when you voted but never explained.
I thought it was pretty self-explanatory? Basically it was a very weak explanation regarding his vote, because it seems to directly contradict the whole purpose of fallen's gambit. Also I get a bit of a gut feeling scum feeling from him.
jbernier93 wrote:Back.

Still happy with my vote, but
fos: water foul
for some pretty obvious active lurking and then focusing on denying it....
jbernier93 wrote:
TeWuicah wrote:Also,
mod
: Pretty sure Nobody Special needs a prod.
This got me thinking, I know I've seen NS active on this site lately... check, and sure enough, he's posted much more recently in other places...
unvote, vote:Nobody Special
for pressure/horrible lurking, but will probably go back to SSSSSSSSSS at some point.
You even set yourself up to say, "don't blame me for coming out of nowhere to vote smashbro next time I do"
jbernier93 wrote:
Ok, feel free to wagon me, at least it will get me more into the game.
Just watch out for any premature lynches.

Vote; water_foul
(Emphasis added)
seriously? That's practically a scumclaim.
unvote, vote: Smashbro

Honestly, you are so scummy that, once you die, if you flip town, I will eat a sock.

This is not and OMGUS vote, but a serious vote against my current top suspect.
unvote, vote: jbernier93
[/b]
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am

I'm sorry for being around so little, and playing the game horribly. Obviously I am given the situation. So, onto the claim, Vanilla Townie.

I really have not much new to add at this point, other than listing my suspicions against dragonfly/rzhang and peanut/fallen angel. Wow. Deja vu.
Dragonfly13 wrote:
The page 3 rz vote:

Initial reaction: "What the hell? I'm replacing THIS guy???"

The only explanation I have for this is that perhaps he was trying to say "if I were scum, why would I do this?" And I ask myself, "What could scum possibly gain by putting Deer at L-2 on page 3? (or maybe L-1? the votecounts around here are confusing)" The only thing that really does is shift attention towards you, so I don't see why scum would do that. 88 sounds like a good enough explanation for me to lower him down a few notches. This kind of thing felt like the only explanation for his vote before I really read into the whole fallen angel gambit thing.

Rz's explanations of his page 3 vote seem
more
logically sound to me than they were on page 3. But I don't like it when people say "oh I did x, and that's a (pro-town/anti-town/null-tell)" because it should be the other players in the game who decide how your own actions should be perceived. I don't like this part of 117
rz wrote:my goal now is to just to convince people that i have not been scummy up to this point, to the best of my ability. whether or not i am viewed as being helpful is less important to me at this point in time.
Because I'd much rather have seen him at least attempt to scumhunt.

I also disagree with whatever makes him think it was a good idea, in some other game, to fakeclaim doc as town. That's just stupid. So I definitely have my disagreements with rz's playstyle at this point, but I am willing to accept his playstyle and even his weird "gambit," even though I don't agree that it was the right thing to do to get the game going. In other words, I can sort of see why he would play the way he did, but my playstyle is quite different.

SSSS post 179 (iso 14):
SSSS wrote:My final sentence was to make sure that he doesn't get hammered and the day ends early. If someone hammered him, I would expect to be scrutinized along with everyone else, this was not meant to be a preemptive excuse.
So
that's
why he told everyone not to vote in huge letters. Because he would expect to be scrutinized. Why should a townie not want to be scrutinized?
I don't like his trying to distancing himself from rzhang. This is what people should do, yes, but it sounds like he is saying "I can't believe that he would do this, it makes him look scummy and brings attention to him." In the end, dragonfly says "I am willing to accept his playstyle...even though I don't agree that it was the right thing to do to get the game going." I am seeing this as scum trying to make up for the previous player.

I told people not to vote, because it tends to be a problem in my games. I don't want it to happen. Yes, I would expect it, and I never said that I didn't want to be scrutinized.
peanutman wrote:Of my limited time on mafiascum (about 4-5 games), the scummiest players lynched D1 have always turned out to be town. In fact, it's through probing and questionning that the scum blow up the case much bigger than it is (though the suspects don't help themselves by digging their hole). Therefore, although the likes of SSSS and rzhang didn't always behave in a townie way, I don't think they are the best lynches for today. I'm skeptical of lynches of the most obvious candidates on D1.

That being said, I'm not claiming that rzhang/Dragonfly and SSSS must be townies, but I feel it's more beneficial to go after those who aren't in (and attracting by their responses) the limelight. Let's be honest, if those two are town, they are easy for scum to push and lynch without rousing too much suspicion from their accusations.
This is peanut man covering himself, saying that he doesn't want to lynch one of the scummiest candidates, and takes basically no position on whether or not he sees us as scummy. So far, he has not taken a stance on anyone who is likely to be lynched, and so is helping to stay out of the spotlight.

In conclusion, I played poorly, and now I'm seeming to think that the town would get some info from my lynch. I understand if I end up being lynched, but please know that I am a 'Nilla Townie.

That being said, I'm believing in the rzhang/dragonfly case again, due to having the words "So
that's
why he told everyone not to vote in huge letters. Because he would expect to be scrutinized. Why should a townie not want to be scrutinized?" put in my mouth by dragonfly, and rzhang's actions.

I believe that my last vote was on jb, but I have it on dragonfly in the votecount. Just to be sure,
unvote, vote dragonfly

Finally, sorry, but I am going to be
V/LA until Sunday

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”