Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Vote: Sucrose
for being so tardy in confirmation.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I'll go next.

Who else hates RVS?

I do. Intensely.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Nobody Special »

fallen angel wrote:Excuse my double posting, but
havingfitz wrote: ZZZZZZ ZZZ ZZZZZZZZ

Bit of a slow start.

In the interest of conversation...does anyone have any favorite questions they like to ask others to break the ice/scumhunt in the early stages of games? And if so...what are they and how would you answer them?

I'll go first.

Not really. n/a
I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so? Hopefully this'll start some discussion. :wink:

I'll post links for my previous games when I find them. I have kind of an erratic playstyle, it tends to vary from game to game and role to role. My favorite role is any scum except Godfather. I like the deception involved, and I like the sense of getting away with something and defending myself. I'm not as strong a scumhunter as others, and so when I'm scum (and have meta to back me up) I can pose as town pretty well. I also like being a vanilla townie for the lack of any resources other then logic and skill. Nothing in the night phase to do other then analyze and read and think.
My favorite role is Vanilla Townie. And it will remain my favorite role until I can survive until endgame as such. My playstyle is...erratic, tbqh. I never know what I'm going to do until I do it.

My previous games here (all ongoing) are on my spiffy wikipage.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

fallen angel wrote:Yes, well. There's at least discussion going on.

Also, for those who are interested- http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... llen_angel

It needs updating, but meh.

And just for the sake of discussion or something, if I appear to be playing well (well, scumhunting properly, anyway), that probably means I'm scum.
Bolding mine -- that's a very brave thing to say. But I can also see how you could hide behind it the other way -- f'rinstance, being scum but actively lurking. Ugh, WIFOM makes my head hurt.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

My apologies: the last two days have been horrendously busy (with no advance warning, either); I will catch up and post tomorrow.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I need to

unvote

because that was still from the RVS. I know I said I'd post yesterday, and I'm sorry for not having done so. I will try to catch up this weekend.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Nobody Special »

fallen angel wrote:Yes, well. There's at least discussion going on.

Also, for those who are interested- http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... llen_angel

It needs updating, but meh.

And just for the sake of discussion or something, if I appear to be playing well (well, scumhunting properly, anyway), that probably means I'm scum.
Bolding mine -- now, in addition to figuring out rzhang's issues, we can also determine whether FA was "playing well" and decided not to play well as scum anymore or if he wasn't "playing well" -- and somehow, I think the definition of "playing well" in this instance includes this gambit-thing of his.

Blargh.

If rzhang wasn't replacing out, I'd be voting him.

FoS: rzhang
and
fallen angel
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

havingfitz wrote:Another replacement request. %$^&

Both our gambiteers are bailing. Nice...
Nobody Special wrote:If rzhang wasn't replacing out, I'd be voting him.

FoS: rzhang
and
fallen angel
What about him replacing out is preventing you from voting him? He's not replaced yet and his actions haven't changed. Why threaten but not do? If he turns out to be scum would the threat of a vote be town cred for you?
No, I really hadn't thought about how his flip might bear on my appearance. I just don't really think it's bad enough to vote him.... yet. I think we might, maybe, want to give his replacement a small chance. Maybe.
Deer wrote:nobodyspecial, what do you think about SSSS? why do you not include him in your FoS's?
I don't know what I think about him yet; I haven't quite caught up yet. Tomorrow I'll know more, and will post accordingly. Well, I
do
think there are too many "S"s in his name.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Hi. (In before prod!)

My apologies; work haas been uncharacteristically busy these last several days. And my flimsy excuse for not being in this thread is I go by my watched-topics list, and this one didn't apparently show up near the top, so it fell off my radar. (Hint: that means you guys need to post more frequently!)

I still think it might (maybe) be good to wait for the replacements, to give them a chance and see what they have to say. I'm not real fond of the idea of just lynching a semi-scummy player who is replacing out. And our current deadline (per the rules) seems to be about March 14; given replacements in the next couple days, I think we can interrogate them sufficiently.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Deer wrote:
(Hint: that means you guys need to post more frequently!)
That's fairly hypocritical to say, don't you think?
Yes. :oops:
chauchaudotcom wrote:
nobody special wrote:we can also determine whether FA was "playing well" and decided not to play well as scum anymore or if he wasn't "playing well" -- and somehow, I think the definition of "playing well" in this instance includes this gambit-thing of his.
Wifom.
nobody special wrote:I just don't really think it's bad enough to vote him.... yet. I think we might, maybe, want to give his replacement a small chance. Maybe.
Then why did you imply that you would have voted him if he didn't replace out? "If rzhang wasn't replacing out, I'd be voting him." made it seem as if you pretty set on voting him except outside circumstances prevent you from doing so (which it shouldn't btw). His replacement has the same role as he does. Why would him replacing out change that?

Also, what are your updated views? Other then the replacements we're waiting on, who is suspicious in your eyes?
Sorry for missing this.

I've seen many games where a player relpaces in and has a whole boatload of votes on them from the get-go and it's surely not an easy thing to walk into. (Why am I so compassionate? Hmm. Note to self: Learn Ruthlessness.) This could evolve into a whole discussion on player's metas and lurking and whatnot, but suffice to say that I do feel that rzhang is scummy, and you're right, whether his slot is scum or not is not affected by the replacement of the player. So,

Vote: rzhang

Other suspects:

SSSS (but not nearly as much as)
fallen angel. I still think that whole gambit thing was too anti-town to really be town.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I'm here, but nothing new has really happened; I'm happy with my vote on rzhang.

I would like to note that I have over 24 hours until I need a prod (not now, obviously). Not that I would
ever
argue with the mod, but I don't agree that 24 hours away is "about to be prodded."

Syke: If someone lurks once or twice I consider it close as they usually don't post. At least that caught your attention, you get the benefit of the doubt next time.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

chauchaudotcom wrote:Scum or not, I love you Spy.

...in a platonic, non creepy sort of way of course.

...maybe. ;)
I love Spy, too, except for that part where he's VOTING ME.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I am having a crazy day here, and with all the distractions (real work) to be done, I don't have as much Mafia time as I usually do. I should have some substance tomorrow.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Sucrose wrote:Yep. I'd say there was almost certainly at least one scum on the SSSS wagon. I'm a little more suspicious of Dragonfly than Deer though, but I’ll get back to that later.
I am also suspicious of Dragonfly for this:
Dragonfly13 wrote:My argument is that the other major wagon (rz/me) is more likely to have been manipulated by scum.
@DF: I read th entire post this came from, and it still doesn't hold much water with me. Can you clarify, exactly,
how
you came to the conclusion that one wagon was more likely than the other to have had scum involvement? I just don't see it, sorry.

There are, what, four people on V/LA till the weekend? This game needs more oomph.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

sykedoc wrote:
Attention players: I lost The Game
What should we interpret from this comment? Has our game been abandoned?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Dragonfly13 wrote:
@NS:
What's your opinion of peanutman? What do you think of JB?

I think peanutman is playing very pro-town; much better than I thought of FA. I'm not quite clear on how peanutman is so suspicious of me, though. I've been a bit busy, yes; but It's not like I'm Actively Lurking or anything. I'm not purposely ignoring any questions.

As far as jbernier93 is concerned (did I get his name perfectly right? I'd hate to have him mad at me for not paying attention or some nonsense.) I think he's quite potentially scum -- I've been in a game or two with him and he's playing .... oddly this time out. plus, some of his ideas are just ... weird. Plus, his assuredness on SSSSSS being scum and then his humourous attempt at cooking a sock afterwards -- just, again, odd. Not an odd play, but an odd way of handking it, I think.

And I know I've not been around much lately, but work is just being a pain right now. It's getting better this week, I think. My apologies.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Nobody Special »

As far as jbernier93 is concerned, it's just subtle things that've caught my attention between this game and other games; nothing I can really put my finger on and explicate here, so, as far as a scumtell goes, not any more useful than a 'gut feeling.' Just a thing or two that caught my eye.

Also, I'm not V/LA; not sure where that came from. I'm trying to be as active as I can be, and not all
bizarre!!!
like you guys seem to think I am. (Honestly, if you've played any games with me before, you'll know: I can't appear Town if my life depended on it, which in Mafia it sorta does, so ... yeah.)

@ChauChau: Do you agree with SpyreX's top three list?

Well, everyone: do you agree with that, or maybe we could all post our top two scummiest? I need to glance back at a few notes, then I can post my Top Two.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Nobody Special »

jbernier93 wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:As far as jbernier93 is concerned, it's just subtle things that've caught my attention between this game and other games; nothing I can really put my finger on and explicate here, so, as far as a scumtell goes, not any more useful than a 'gut feeling.' Just a thing or two that caught my eye.
Well, care to share what that thing or two is?
And care to answer my questions I asked you, like how weird ideas and being humorous are scumtells?
No, and "weird ideas" and "being humorous"
in and of themselves
are not scumtells. It's essentially a gut feeling. Deal.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
NS wrote:@ChauChau: Do you agree with SpyreX's top three list?
I'm curious as to why you chose to direct this question to me?
I directed this question to you because SpyreX seemed to have taken his list directly from your post 349.
SpyreX post 350 wrote:Chau illustrates the true problem:

NS, Deer, TeWicah.

If there isn't at least A scum in that set we are going to lose. Period.
chauchaudotcom wrote:Are you suggesting that Spy and I are scum buddies? Or are you trying to get answers/replies out of me so that you can parrot my response?
Neither.
chauchaudotcom wrote:I'm curious as to why you chose not to post your thoughts on Spy's accusations in your post but immediately jumped to ask another person their opinion on the matter.
I have found that defending myself against accusations leads nowhere. Especially when they're flimsy and non-foundational such as SpyreX's are.

@SpyreX: It's coming. Give me half an hour or so.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

1)SpyreX(replaces water_foul) Has a great sense of humour coupled with a shoddy work ethic. Has asked at least twice for 'someone else' to do votecount analysis. Can you not do it yourself? If not, why not?

2)Nobody Special No self-commenting.

3)chauchaudotcom Strong town read. Asks lots of questions of many people (Note to Self: This is what I should aspire to.)

4)Dragonfly13(replaces rhzang86) Fairly good posting; although I'm not seeing much scumhunting, just a lot of analysis and regurgitating of current situations (yes, it's ironic that he feels I'm "regurgitating" stuff, too).

5)TeWuicah Not enough posting. Hasn't posted since March 10.

6)peanutman(replaces fallen angel) Seems to be posting a lot. Most of this posting, though, is aimed at me.

7)Sucrose Seems to be posting just enough to stay out of the spotlight. Also, much of her posting seems to not be much original thought (again with the parroting).

8)Deer Started out quite active, now seems to be gone. But when he does post, it's pretty good, I think, asking many good questions.

9)jbernier93 I've already made my non-case on this guy. It's not a case, like I said -- just a gut thing. I'm gonna let him slide for now and see if he slips.

Just as a side note, I see that I was asked pointedly why I asked someone
else
what they thought of SpyreX's scumlist, but no one said anything when Dragonfly asked jbernier93 the very same question. Simply an observation.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Oh, my Top Two(tm):

jbernier93
Sucrose
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Sorry for my absence -- I will have some meaty posting in the next hour (or so). Promise.

I know the deadline is soon; I will be more engaged with the weekend coming up.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Nobody Special »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
NS wrote:Just as a side note, I see that I was asked pointedly why I asked someone else what they thought of SpyreX's scumlist, but no one said anything when Dragonfly asked jbernier93 the very same question. Simply an observation.
Don't worry, I noted it. I just wanted to know your answer first w/o outside influences.

Also, why am I the only one you seem to have a read on? Everyone else you merely state their posting habits and stuff that we could easily note ourselves. Someone's being rather noncommittal.

Re-read my huge wall-o-text, please: there are reads on several players, not just you.
chauchaudotcom wrote:QUESTIONS FOR NS.

What led you to think dragon has good posting, particularly given you commented on him parroting? How did you feel about his predecessor?

Even though dragonfly was guilty of parroting and reguritating, he was at least trying, and was
here.
More than I can say for some other players... As far as my feelings on rzhang, I can't see how they matter so much now (I know, they do a little, but they aren't going to swing the game, right?) -- and besides, I've laid that case out already in D1.
chauchaudotcom wrote:You said peanut posts a lot and directs it at you. Is his tunneling of you suspicious?
I think so -- I'm going to have to re-read peanut if he isn't lynched today.

chauchaudotcom wrote:What posts lead you to think that Sucrose's thoughts are unoriginal and purely parroting? Can you give examples please?

Most especially, her iso #s 6 (1st part, not 2nd part), 9, 10, 14, 15, 17 & 19.

chauchaudotcom wrote:You criticize Te for being absent day 2 yet Deer has only posted once day 2. Why is it that you seem to think Deer's posts are strong yet Te's are not? (Te posted a lot D1 mind you).

First off, Deer has a total of 25 posts in this game and TeW had only 15. They've both been replaced, so those numbers won't be changing. I have a personal bias toward lurkers (ironic, I know) and Deer just seemed more strong a player simply by being here more.

chauchaudotcom wrote:Also, do you have a case on anyone OTHER then gut? Given that we're fifteen pages in it's hard to believe that the only thing you've got going out of everything is gut feeling.
I am currently looking very hard at peanutman and Nikanor in addition to jbernier93.

Nikanor wrote:I'm currently rubbing my bearded chin. It's about an inch long, and white. It's quite itchy as well, so I rub it a lot.
I have no idea what the hell this is, and given no further explication, I'm treating it as some form of either breadcrumbing (way to be too obvious, btw), or some sort of scumbuddy message. Comments, Nikanor?

I also am suspicious of Nik's humungous wall-o-text once she replaced in. I mean, I appreciate it, and the thought is nice, but in my experience scum tend to hide behind huge OHMYGODMYEYES walls that really say little if anything.

As scummy as I think Nik may be, we are in agreement about peanut and jbernier93. So, that means I think Nik may be pushing a buddy lynch, which scum wouldn't do but.... I HATE WIFOM STOP IT NOW

peanutman wrote:I don't wish to comment on everything that has happened in this game so far,
so as to not have a super long post
and because I've only read through the thread once. But I will gladly address any events/issues any of you would like my comments on.

Too late, bucko. See my comments about Nikanor, above.

Also, your (peanutman) tunneling of me is haphazard, at best -- I see you always talking about me, but it doesn't exactly
go
anywhere. I think you're trying to make a noise-based case simply by constantly mentioning my name (Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetl--- sorry, but you get the idea.)

Then there's this:
peanutman wrote:@NS, you've said that you didn't understand why I was targeting you mainly. Well, even though you said that you aren't purposely ignoring my questions, most have still gone unanswered, unacknowledged. But I won't pursue them, at least not right now, to avoid getting tunnel fever, but will take it all into account.
Nice try, but isn't ignoring points and not discussing them anti-town? If you have questions of me that I've missed, BRING IT. I am not afraid of questions,. No, not at all.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

......Aaaand I forgot to vote.

Vote: peanutman

peanutman, you're going to have to be extremely persuasive for me to move this vote.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

@Mod (and all): I am going to have very limited net access tomorrow (Sunday), and then absolutely no access until Tuesday evening (Pacific time). My apologies!

Noted
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Hi, me checking in. After almost two days internetless, I've had to catch up on reality/business stuff (read: money) and I've run out of time and steam this evening, so more tomorrow.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I will be more than happy to hammer, if we get closer to the deadline.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

....was it something I
said?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Nobody Special »

No, I'd
much
rather lynch jbernier93.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Nikanor wrote:You should have hammered when you had the chance, then.
But that would've been so scummy.

Ick.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Nobody Special »

No, you guys, you're NOT LISTENING.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

How long till deadline? Time zones make my head hurt.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Nobody Special »

chauchaudotcom wrote:not that it matters because I think we've caught scum.
You're wrong, but you'll see, I guess.

I'm vanilla town.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Again, with the time of deadline? Seriously. My head hurts.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Since I'm here:

unvote

Vote: jbernier93
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

sykedoc wrote:Which ones of you want to take on my crazy theme game in a month or two? Lol. I just put myself in to mod a mini-theme.

I'm going to make interesting. Very interesting. I want people able to handle things I can do to them.
Drop me a PM when it's ready -- I'll /in. I love your flavor. (That sounds... well, you know what I mean.)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

SpyreX wrote:I'll share a dirty secret that should be obvious: I tend to gloss over kill flavor. :(
Doesn't everyone? :(
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

sykedoc wrote:Dude I gave you a house made of bacon.
And we love you eternally for that.

Also, you might want to edit your sig.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”