Mafia 109 - A Glitch in time - Game Over!

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Parama »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:
Parama wrote:
unvote, vote Nikanor

random hammer mode activate
I want to tear my hair out.
Yeah sorry it would be pretty hard to get you lynched today so I'm hoping the vig takes care of CSL so I can tunnel you tomorrow.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote:That's from 2006, a necro'd thread that's 4 years old, and it obviously hasn't seeped into people's consciousness.
There are half a dozen other threads about the same subject on the MD forum, if you look back. And it certainly has seeped into people's consciousness, at least as far as people who regularly discuss strategy on MD go.

Anyway, if this really is a no-reveal game, then that obviously changes everything; in a no-reveal game, getting a claim is obviously more important.

When your CLAIM TIME has come, there is NOT DOWN SIDE to claiming vanilla. None. You can say: "well, here's my claim, I'm vanilla, so no huge disaster here."
In a normal game, there is no advantage to claiming vanilla. No one should ever be more willing to lynch person X because of a vanilla claim then because of a refusal to claim.

In fact, pretty much the worst thing for the town is to run someone up, they claim vanilla, and then the bandwagon falls apart and someone else gets wagoned to a claim. That's how pro-town power roles get found.

Generally speaking, I would be much more likely to unvote someone who hasn't claimed instead of someone who's claimed vanilla, because you want to avoid a situation where there's multiple people around who've claimed vanilla and are still alive. Of course, if I think a person's town, that generally overrides everything else.

You don't flat out refuse to claim. That's ridiculous.
Refusing to claim is better for the town then claiming vanilla, 95% of the time.

You don't lynch someone who refuses to claim, unless you would also lynch them if they claimed vanilla. No one should do that, it's just bad play.

And SenFan: ". If you refused to claim, you would be lynched, so you might as well claim."
That's not what pro-town people should do, though. Lynching people just because they refused to claim is bad play.

Anyway, this whole theory discussion is irrelevant here, since we all agree Nik is scummy for other reasons. If it dosn't look like CSL is going to be lynched, then Monday night I'll move over to the Nik wagon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 am

Post by A clergyman with a hoop »

Drippereth wrote: Imagine that you're a town role, kay? You come back to the thread as Nikanor and see that you got "hammered". What would your reaction be?
It depends on my mood. I've had games or passages of games where I've been very emotional, posting what it is on my mind. And I've had other games where I've been a lot more detached and logical - I don't know how I'd react.

In this case specifically, having only posted 4 times before being lynched, I probably wouldn't care too much, as I had no time invested in the game. There's no point being pissed off, and I genuinely think that was Nikanor's attitude, especially after reading his thread about twilight talk.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Drippereth »

Parama wrote:...I'm hoping the vig takes care of CSL so I can tunnel you tomorrow.
Tomorrow is going to be fun.

I agree that Parama is town (DGB).
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Drippereth »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:In this case specifically, having only posted 4 times before being lynched, I probably wouldn't care too much, as I had no time invested in the game. There's no point being pissed off, and I genuinely think that was Nikanor's attitude, especially after reading his thread about twilight talk.
We'll be testing your reactions tomorrow. You may want start preparing that fakeclaim with your buddies now.

@ Yosarian. NOW you're bringing up that this game is no-reveal? How on Earth could you support Nikanor not claming, with that knowledge?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote:
camn wrote:Theory aside. in
THIS GAME
... claiming is a pro-town thing to do, i think. Especially post-hammer. If you subscribe to the idea that a well-informed town is a victorious town, that is. Which I do.

That said.. I am willing to follow Yos on a CSL wagon if we cannot reach consensus re: Nika.
I DREAM of Drip-town, camn-town and Yos2-town all playing in concordance..... so if we 3 can come to an agreement, that would help my dream come true.
It's unfortunate then that I think we're playing with Yosscum. (Elli here).
Excuse me? Where did that come from?

If Nik is scum and CSL is town, then Drip is probably town. If Nik is town and CSL is scum, then Drip is probably scum.
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 am

Yosarian2 wrote: Anyway, this whole theory discussion is irrelevant here, since we all agree Nik is scummy for other reasons. If it dosn't look like CSL is going to be lynched, then Monday night I'll move over to the Nik wagon.
Yos, can you tell me what you think about the bandwagon that run Nikanor up to fake-lynch? Is it scum/town motivated?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote:
A clergyman with a hoop wrote:In this case specifically, having only posted 4 times before being lynched, I probably wouldn't care too much, as I had no time invested in the game. There's no point being pissed off, and I genuinely think that was Nikanor's attitude, especially after reading his thread about twilight talk.
We'll be testing your reactions tomorrow. You may want start preparing that fakeclaim with your buddies now.

@ Yosarian. NOW you're bringing up that this game is no-reveal? How on Earth could you support Nikanor not claming, with that knowledge?
If the game is no-reveal, then Nik certanly should claim. I don't see anything in the game rules saying that it is, and I still going on the assumption that it's not a no-reveal game until someone gives me a reason to think otherwise.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: Anyway, this whole theory discussion is irrelevant here, since we all agree Nik is scummy for other reasons. If it dosn't look like CSL is going to be lynched, then Monday night I'll move over to the Nik wagon.
Yos, can you tell me what you think about the bandwagon that run Nikanor up to fake-lynch? Is it scum/town motivated?
Eh, I think that the Nik bandwagon is based on reasonable tells and good reasoning, for the most part, along with a dash of the hyper-aggressive play that town needs to do in a speed game like this. Plus, as I've said, I haven't seen any real scumhunting from Nik yet, and that alone makes him a reasonable lynch.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Drippereth »

Yosarian2 wrote:If Nik is scum and CSL is town, then Drip is probably town. If Nik is town and CSL is scum, then Drip is probably scum.
Hey I thought you said this is a no-reveail game?

Here's how the cookie crumbles.

If Nikanor is NON-MAFIA (SK, third-party, town), then the players defending him like the whole game hinges on Nikanor's survival (Yos and Clergyhoop) are scum.

The players tunneling on CSL vig-meat as a lynch candidate (except Parama who put himself on the line by hammering Nikanor and vows to tunnel on Clergyhoop tomorrow) also earn some hefty scumpoints.
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:49 am

Eh, I think that the Nik bandwagon is based on reasonable tells and good reasoning, for the most part, along with a dash of the hyper-aggressive play that town needs to do in a speed game like this.
Does this apply to the 'first' hammer, or just the second bit?

Drip - why does a para quickhammer indicate town where a CSL quickhammer doesn't?
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Drippereth »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:Yos, can you tell me what you think about the bandwagon that run Nikanor up to fake-lynch? Is it scum/town motivated?
= loaded question written by a scumbag to incriminate Yosarian and inject WIFOM and prepare tomorrow's mislynch. Don't worry Clergyhoop, we got your number, we're hitting scum tomorrow; YOU.

Maybe Yosarian isn't scum. His scum temperature has dropped.

Clergyhoop is on FIRE.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Drippereth »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:Drip - why does a para quickhammer indicate town where a CSL quickhammer doesn't?
Duh. CSL hammered before Nikanor could claim. Parama hammered after Nikanor refused to claim.

We budgeted $20 for your last meal. You may place your order now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote: Hey I thought you said this is a no-reveail game?
Yosarian2 wrote: I don't see anything in the game rules saying that it is, and I still going on the assumption that it's not a no-reveal game until someone gives me a reason to think otherwise.
Also, I really hope it's not. No reveal games suck.
If Nikanor is NON-MAFIA (SK, third-party, town), then the players defending him like the whole game hinges on Nikanor's survival (Yos and Clergyhoop) are scum.
DEFENDING him? What game are you reading? I've been attacking Nik all day, I think he's a good lynch, and I've already said I'm willing to lynch him.
The players tunneling on CSL vig-meat as a lynch candidate (except Parama who put himself on the line by hammering Nikanor and vows to tunnel on Clergyhoop tomorrow) also earn some hefty scumpoints.
Every time you try to say "don't worry about lynching the obv-scum CSL, a vig will take care of him" the odds of you being scum go up, because no town should EVER say that; relying on a vig that may or may not exist is just a horrible strategy.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Drippereth »

I'll give you a break Yosarian. I have a history of finding you scummy. You may just be your regular scummy-self.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Parama »

Clergy is still scum.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Drippereth »

Parama wrote:Clergy is still scum.
Yep yep.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Haylen »

The Final Vote Count de Day One

Parama - Dramonic
Nachomamma -
McZombie - Weaboo
Nikanor - camn, Anon, Drippereth, Maemuki, McZombie, CSL, Ythan, Spyrex, Parama ~
Maemuki - A Clergyman with a Hoop
Ythan -
Miserable At Best - Nikanor
Dramonic -
camn - Kmd, Nachomamma8
SpyreX -
A Clergyman with a Hoop -
Drippereth -
CSL - Yosarian2
Yosarian2 -
Anon -
KMD -
Weaboo -
Not Voting - Miserable At Best
With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Slowly and carefully, you burn Nikanor alive. First his feet, then his legs the his torso. He was being held down by a thick leather bondage belt (you really really didn't want to know where it came from.)

"Where'd that come from?" Maemuki asked, curiously...ok, well maybe one of you did...

"Found it in Nikanor's bag..." camn replied.

"Why were you...? Fuck it, I don't even dare ask..." SypreX stated.

Nikanor's screams of pain echoed around the class room. The stench of burning flesh was so bad everyone wanted to vomit.

Finally, the screaming stopped...after his skull was crushed. Someone had dropped a giant metal duck the teacher kept on his desk on it.

Nikanor's brains dirtied the cold wooden floor.

You were all horrified but didn't show it.

Nikanor - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day One

Night One begins. Any and all actions must be PM'd to me by Tuesday 23rd 9pm GMT.

~ PS Dramonic, I'm 19 and the wedding wont be til after we both graduate uni ;)
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Haylen »

You wake up on the hard wooden floor of your classroom. Hayl was still missing and the dead body of Nikanor lay in the corner with a blanket covering it. It had been a difficult day yesterday, you had needed sleep. The rest of your classmates were spread out around the classroom sleeping in corners of their choice. You look around to see who was alive. Unsurprised, you spot camn and SpyreX sleeping peacefully in one corner; curled up together, SpyreX's arm was draped over her waist lovingly and protectively.

Mae was curled up under a desk hugging her soft bunny rabbit, whilst Yosarian2 was leant up against the bookcase with a book in his lap and McZombie snoozed with her head in Ythan's lap.

As your eyes drifted to the middle of the room, from left to right. You saw something that shocked and horrified you; yet made you laugh (inappropriately) for some reason.

CSL was dangling by his neck from the main chandelier, his expression was one of shock. His eyes were glazed over in a look of fear and his tongue was lolling from the side of his mouth.

CSL - Vanilla Townie - was killed Night One.

It is now Day Two, you have until 9pm GMT on Saturday 27th February to lynch.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Parama »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:wow.

Ok, I don't know if hoopy fruity will agree with me, but something stinks to high heaven about all this.

Can I point out that Nikanor got pulled up for role fishing in the most dubious of circumstances while drip has been ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING FOR HIM TO CLAIM without anyone batting an eyelid?

I'm so uncool with this wagon, and these tetchy jumpy people knocking it between L-1 and L-2.

DERAIL THAT PUPPY.
vote: clergyhoop

quicklynch before they get online plz
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not down with the clergy with that being a goon flip. No way is a hydra going to go down protecting a goon.

Camn, Drip, Clergy - town.
Panama - probably town.

That said:

Vote: Dramonic
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Miserable At Best
Miserable At Best
Townie
Miserable At Best
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Miserable At Best »

Parama wrote:
A clergyman with a hoop wrote:wow.

Ok, I don't know if hoopy fruity will agree with me, but something stinks to high heaven about all this.

Can I point out that Nikanor got pulled up for role fishing in the most dubious of circumstances while drip has been ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING FOR HIM TO CLAIM without anyone batting an eyelid?

I'm so uncool with this wagon, and these tetchy jumpy people knocking it between L-1 and L-2.

DERAIL THAT PUPPY.
vote: clergyhoop

quicklynch before they get online plz
I lol'd.

I'm not sure if it's worth a lynch, nor a quicklynch though. :roll:
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Parama »

that's one post that shows why we should lynch clergy
there are plenty more
nothing has changed since D1 twilight - clergy is still scum regardless.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Drippereth »

METHINKS IT'S TIME FOR MaB TO GO.
DGB is in charge of voting though. :P
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nah, Clergy isn't scum. I don't think Hoopla + SC would be dumb enough to post after Nikanor was hammered unless they actually thought he was town.

Ythan is probably scum. Gotta love how he completely disappeared when it was obvious Nik would be lynched.

PS: Hi guys! I'm in this game, did you know?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”