Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:16 am

Post by Haylen »

Ray, posting content is painful for me. Always has been, whether im town or scum. I have difficulty analysing things, and I willingly admit that. I need to read something over and over til I understand it and can talk about it.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:24 am

Post by RayFrost »

Eeeehhhh, I know about the readin' stuff. We've had pillow talk on it.

still, content shouldn't be an issue, imo. just put down thoughts that are scumhuntin'
don't you feel silly now?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Maemuki »

Guys, please be more active...
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Pulindar »

Sorry Maemuki, I'm waiting for BM to post before I vote.

I still feel that both Haylen and BM are town, but I would like to hear from BM and find out what his thoughts are before I vote. That's it, I'm just waiting for BM.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Kdub »

I'm also waiting to hear from BM since he's the only one who hasn't posted today. Once everyone has said who they suspect, we can work on coming to a consensus.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Haylen »

Battle Mage is in Amserdamn, believe it or not. Whether he has internet access or not is unbeknownst to even his closest friends.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Sorry all, had alot on my plate lately- yes, including Amsterdam. lol

Lots to catch up on, so please gimme a day, and you'll know where i am.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Pulindar wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
Pulindar wrote:Ug so many people posted before I got mine off.

BTW Ray: CSL is town. move your vote and you may be correct, but CSL is town.

how thah fook is CSL town?
Whatever, always best to come out day 1 with it anyway. Not like I was hiding it really, just waiting for BM.

CSL is my DayMason Partner. For two mafia to CC us they would instantly lose. IF we were Mafia we would lose based the real Masons CCing us. Thus CSL is town.

In a 7 person game like this waiting until day 2 can lead to confusion and the wrong team can be taken as scum. Also if one of the Masons was NKed then only one scum would be needed to say they were mason and it wouldn't risk the team.
This. is. poor.

Basically, the concept of finding scum by finding town and then PoE was based on the premise you slipped early on that you were a mason, and i didnt think it was likely you were faking it. For a fair time, i thought Haylen was your partner, so i gave you two the benefit of the doubt. However, when CSL got a mention, i had to check with you if i had been right, and i hadn't. My vote on you was an attempt to smoke out some opportunistic scumbag into voting you, then being forced elsewhere when you were declared town.

However claiming yesterday was completely unnecessary- i was well aware who the 2 masons were, and had you been killed, you had breadcrumbed well enough for CSL to be confirmed. The same can be said if CSL had died, to a lesser extent.

Ah well, what's done is done. I'm at least impressed that you managed to completely suss out my game. For that, all is forgiven. :D

More to come when i get to uni.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Kdub wrote:Lots of action since I last checked in.

BM, I think you should explain your earlier Ray read a bit more. I didn't see much in the way of positive contribution, but to be fair, he has stepped it up a bit the last couple pages.
Lol, positive contribution is not necessarily indicative of alignment. The vibe i got from Ray in the early goings, was that he didnt really care what people thought of him. That's a reasonable towntell.
RayFrost wrote:my opinion of pulindar is that he fails.

same for CSL, but for different reasons.

unvote
as I decide who I think is scum.

want BM to explain how he figured out that CSL was town.
Pulindar-mason claimed CSL was the player most likely to be town, therefore CSL was his mason partner.

Are you trying to tell me you hadnt worked this out yourself?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

rayfrost has been under heat from both Haylen and Kdub. Bussing likely, but who is the partner?
Haylens hammer was scummy. I dont like the way she's discounted me as town based on a dubious read either.
Kdub was previously SaintKerrigan...speaks for itself.

The argument between Haylen and Ray over the meta of Saintkerrigan is hilariously contrived. The same is true of the exchange at the top of Page 9. This distancing was initiated by Ray on both occassions.

Kdub on the other hand, was quick to declare today his top 2 suspects, leaving little room for manoevre.

Haylen - Can you please elaborate on why you think i am town?
Ray - Who is Haylen's scumchum?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

lolnoiamnotbeingbussedbecauseiamtown.

How is it 'hilariously contrived' ma cherie?

Also, it can't be distancing unless I'm scum with haylen.

Which makes no sense if both she and myself are attacking each other in this situation, as it would have been simpler to try to get a townie lynched.

So yeah.

your logic fails there.

You also answer your rhetorical questoin at the first line of your post by saying 'omfg, hayl and ray are distancing' without really saying how it's obv distancing or obv contrived.

srsly.

you seem to fall apart when it comes to logic as scum, BM. unless you are town, in which case you are failing anyway.

you haven't come up with any case to say I'm scum, but you've already stated that I am because two people are attacking me (wow, amazing, it's like town can't be attacked by people!).

you've said the arguments between haylen and myself are obv contrived but haven't gone into the detail of how so.

and then you contrast the 'obv contrived' arguments with 'kdub declared his suspects!' as reasoning to seemingly dismiss him from being the busser.

you've all but outright claimed both myself and haylen are scum without giving any semblance of a case.

I'd be fine and happy if you had bothered, y'know, putting one up, but I
hate
letting people do what you are doing (hint: imply somebody is scum cuz you don't have the balls to just come the fook out and say it).

Now, to answer your question(s)...

I had not figured it out.

I'm uncertain of my haylen-scum read what with your most recent post.

unvote
in case I'm voting.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

RayFrost wrote:lolnoiamnotbeingbussedbecauseiamtown.
So you're claiming town? Well, i guess that must be true then... :roll:
RayFrost wrote: How is it 'hilariously contrived' ma cherie?
As i recall, you criticised Haylen's meta, on the grounds that it only consisted of one game, which doesnt provide the best base for comparison. You made a bit of a song and dance over this, when, in my mind, it didnt even warrant a brief comment. Then, in demonstration, you offered a meta that consisted of several unreferenced examples. Is that right? Irrespective, the manner in which you bickered over the validity of each other's metas which was so inconsequential, but tried to make it seem like an argument, leads me to believe you may be scumbuddies.
Rayfrost wrote: Also, it can't be distancing unless I'm scum with haylen.
Obviously, but that is the supposition i was making. Why are you playing dumb?
Rayfrost wrote: Which makes no sense if both she and myself are attacking each other in this situation, as it would have been simpler to try to get a townie lynched.
No, i've already hypothesised what you would hope to achieve- you argue over something inconsequential so you are not explicitly regarded as buddies by an optimistic town, but DONT have to lynch each other based on it. It's a pretty textbook scum play.
Rayfrost wrote: You also answer your rhetorical questoin at the first line of your post by saying 'omfg, hayl and ray are distancing' without really saying how it's obv distancing or obv contrived.
Is there a problem now i've exhibited more coherently one of the incidents? I think i mentioned another, which i can go into detail on if needed. I might've been away, but train of thought analysis is still how i roll. :P

Just a point of information- you might fare better here if you bring something to the table, rather than try and deny what is plain to see in the thread. Certainly, if you are town, that's the approach you need to take.
Rayfrost wrote:you seem to fall apart when it comes to logic as scum, BM. unless you are town, in which case you are failing anyway.
Or alternatively, can you link me to another game where you have played the typical "jerk" role and been town? Originally i was reading you as town because you dont appear concerned what people think, but on reflection, this is nothing like your demeanour in the large normal we played...
Rayfrost wrote: you haven't come up with any case to say I'm scum, but you've already stated that I am because two people are attacking me (wow, amazing, it's like town can't be attacked by people!).
Look at the mechanic of the game, sunshine. It's a given that Pul is town, and i know i am town. That leaves you, Haylen and Kdub. Kdub has already cited you 2 as a scumpair, which seems an unlikely approach for scum to take, when it's LyLo, unless he intended on bussing a buddy today and going to a 3 person endgame.

If i had been sold on you as a lynch, i would have said so. But the more i think about it, the more it makes sense. If you have an alternative scumpair in mind, shoot.
Rayfrost wrote: you've said the arguments between haylen and myself are obv contrived but haven't gone into the detail of how so.
I have, out of courtesy to you, rather than clarity for others. Everyone here is capable of reading and forming their own judgements. I'm not out to persuade anyone of anything i'm not sure of.
Rayfrost wrote: and then you contrast the 'obv contrived' arguments with 'kdub declared his suspects!' as reasoning to seemingly dismiss him from being the busser.
I havent dismissed him, but if i was a betting man, i'd be putting my money on you and Haylen right now. Note that, in contrast to Kdub, you have explicitly declined to name your suspects, presumably so others can weigh in first, and you know how best to save your sorry ass? Haha
Rayfrost wrote: I'd be fine and happy if you had bothered, y'know, putting one up, but I
hate
letting people do what you are doing (hint: imply somebody is scum cuz you don't have the balls to just come the fook out and say it).
Hi, my name is BM. You obviously havent met me yet, because if you had, you'd know how i operate. *shrug* you want it, you got it: I think you are scum. Don't be sore about it.
Rayfrost wrote: I'm uncertain of my haylen-scum read what with your most recent post.
Care to elaborate? And your judgement on a scumpair that isn't me and Kdub, would be appreciated.

Hugs and kisses,

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Pulindar »

BM I understand that you feel the Hammer was scummy, but I still feel Haylen is town, can you explain more why you think she is scum?
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Kdub »

BM:
I agree with the Ray-Haylen argument at the top of page 9, but if you thought their earlier argument over SK's meta was contrived, why didn't you call them on it earlier?

Ray:
You have not given a case against Haylen (or anybody for that matter) except that her posts have been "random". Can you expand on that, and why her posts have been any different from yours in that respect?

Pulindar:
Do you agree that Haylen's hammer was too quick, and if so, why do you think she did it?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Pulindar »

@Kdub: In a way, but not really. Let me explain more fully.

I would have liked for BM to get a comment in before Ani was lynched, and after I had revealed. But I was ready to lynch either way on the thought that CSL, I, BM, and Haylen were all town and Ani had a 60% chance in my mind of being scum. I left a little room for Haylen or BM to be Scum as well, but I still firmly believe they are town.

I got off topic, sorry. Anyway, I was ready for the lynch except I wanted one more string of comments from BM. Since he V/LA and only Hayl knew about it I guess her hammer at that time wouldn't have made any difference to me. So, I guess I don't find it suspicious. If someone can clarify why it is I'd love to hear it.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Haylen »

BM, I believe you are town based on meta. However, I your trying to determine who was the masons rubs me up the wrong way. Shouldn't you be hunting scum rather than town? (that's hypocritical of me. I try to find town before i find before I look for scum) However, it doesnt not seem to me as something you would do as town :/

Ray, I asked you a question: Why am I scum? Why did you ignore that? Is it because you don't have a case and am just pushing for people to vote me based on nothing?

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Haylen wrote:BM, I believe you are town based on meta. However, I your trying to determine who was the masons rubs me up the wrong way. Shouldn't you be hunting scum rather than town? (that's hypocritical of me. I try to find town before i find before I look for scum) However, it doesnt not seem to me as something you would do as town :/

Ray, I asked you a question: Why am I scum? Why did you ignore that? Is it because you don't have a case and am just pushing for people to vote me based on nothing?
Hayl.

Have you ever seen me be able to make a case against you-scum?

srsly.

Also, @ BM...

that game was quite some time ago. Unfortunately, [most of] the games I've flipped town in are ongoing, so you'll have to look at my wiki for those. I can give you some example me-scum play if you wish.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12944

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13110

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13008

Just some points of reference.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Haylen »

Ray wrote: Have you ever seen me be able to make a case against you-scum?
So...you think I'm scum...but you can't make a case against me :? Lol, illogical.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Haylen wrote:
Ray wrote: Have you ever seen me be able to make a case against you-scum?
So...you think I'm scum...but you can't make a case against me :? Lol, illogical.
Eeeehhhh, I'm insane.

I'm erratic and eccentric.

This is an instance, for me, where my gut instinct completely drowns logic in a tidal wave of vibes, making the person I think is scum/town somebody I can't make a case against/for due to the fact it is based on instinct.

Raw animal magnetism, so to speak.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Kdub »

Ray, please answer my question above. Also, who is your other scum suspect besides Haylen?

Now that it's ended, I can say that another reason I've suspected you is that your play here is very different from your town play in Kingdom Hearts mafia. You were much more direct and your posts had a lot more substance than they do here.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Kdub wrote:Ray, please answer my question above. Also, who is your other scum suspect besides Haylen?

Now that it's ended, I can say that another reason I've suspected you is that your play here is very different from your town play in Kingdom Hearts mafia. You were much more direct and your posts had a lot more substance than they do here.
in KH mafia, I was also a reviver that mason'd with a three-shot JOAT.

So yeah.

Not to mention that I was highly interested in it.

Not to mention I had more time on my hands.

Not to mention that game had over 100 pages.

You can't really compare this really short ass game to a 100+ page monstrosity.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Kdub wrote:Ray, please answer my question above. Also, who is your other scum suspect besides Haylen?
I'm not giving a case because I don't have one.

I think you and pulindar are town.

I can't give a case against either BM or hayl.

So I'm shafted, and the town with me.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm not gonna be posting much for the next 24 hrs. Got a piece of coursework to do in 8 hrs and I'm hunting for the perfect engagement ring xD

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Maemuki »

Guys. Seriously. What?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Kdub »

This thread needs more BM and Pulindar.

I'm comfortable with a Ray lynch at this point. Anyone else?

Return to “Completed Open Games”