Mafia 109 - A Glitch in time - Game Over!

Weaboo
Weaboo
Townie
Weaboo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Weaboo »

@Yos: Weaboo is xRECKONERx and Kise.

@KMD: Hey there. How's it going? What is your opinion of both Ythan and Drip?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

Weaboo wrote:What is your opinion of both Ythan and Drip?
You don't say.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by dramonic »

25-28 is called scum giving up.

DGB, I see where you're coming from, but I still am kinda sceptical, I've seen Nik scum and it didn't look like that.

On a sidenote, I don't REALLY think you're crazy, dont get your goof in a bundle.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by dramonic »

EBWOP: 25-28 refering to Parama's ISO.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

I think it was more about you calling him neurotic instead of addressing his points.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Kise wrote:I like how you're quiet for a long time, then 2 hours after CSL's mistaken hammer you comment.
I was at work. If you didn't notice, I was 'hammered' not even a day into the game.
Drip wrote:Quite possibly with MaB since instead of analyzing his wagon, he panicked and opted for some last-minute bus'ing before, he probably feared, the thread might be closed.
You
analyse my wagon and see where you get with it. I can't discern between six people just nodding their heads and going along with what you're saying for no logical reason.
Drip wrote:BUT HE DIDN'T BOTHER CLAIMING.
BECAUSE YOU'D HAVE SEEN MY ROLE IN A MATTER OF SECONDS ANYWAY.
Let me lay it out for you: A claim is either a last-ditch attempt to drive off a lynch, or a way to reveal role information to the town before being lynched. I was already lynched.
The rest of your post is garbage because it assumes I am an emotional player. Neither of you have even played with me before, so I don't see where you get off on saying that I should be acting a certain way. Mafia is just a game, after all. I'm not going to go off on a tangent insulting everyone just because I got lynched.

I like MaB's answers to my questions, but I don't like the fact that he's not attacking anyone. My vote stays pending some scumhunting from MaB.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Oh, and I'm not claiming.
Lalalala~.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Ythan »

I see scum or bad town. Hammer if there's no better explanation.
Miserable At Best
Miserable At Best
Townie
Miserable At Best
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by Miserable At Best »

I'm not one to attack anyone, to be honest. I'm not a really aggressive player in terms of attacking peoples views and posts, I should probably work on that.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Damn, I can't keep up. I read 6 pages and had a post ready last night, but my computer started acting up, so I saved my post and left. Been out all day today. Basically, I saw a Nik/Ythan/Anon scum team, but I'm not going to be laying any votes this far behind. It's 3AM and I have to work tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll get to this tomorrow night.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by A clergyman with a hoop »

We're not masons with Nikaor, the town read is mine and possibly mine alone, depending on what Hoops McGee decides when she gets her little self in here. But having strong town reads is kinda my thing.

As someone who replaced CSL and has done a fair bit of meta on him, I can garauntee he would have done that no matter what alignment he is. As I said, this is someone who has self-voted three times as town and three times as scum THAT I KNOW OF.

I don't mean to be harsh, and I hope you're listening and improving CSL, but your actions are not surprising to me in the least.

And if someone had said this CSL guy is a liability who doesn't know what he's doing, lets lynch him - tops as, I'm behind you 100%. But if you go on about how likely he is to be scum, that's suspicious.

Sorry for lying to you Elli - <3

Drip's argument about Nikanor not claiming is actually solid. But that's the only decent evidence against him I've seen, and I've seen a lot of bloodthirsty people voting him and unvoting him and keeping him at L-1 and all that rubbish.

Ythan's call for a hammer is rubbish, I don't like Yos2 or parma's reaction to CSL.

In fact, I don't like parma's reaction to almost anything, so dramonic, lets join forces.

vote parma
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

The Just Woke Up to Do a Vote Count

Parama - Dramonic, A Clergyman with a Hoop
Nachomamma -
McZombie - Weaboo
Nikanor - camn, Anon, Drippereth, Maemuki, McZombie, CSL, Ythan, Spyrex ~
Maemuki -
Ythan -
Miserable At Best - Nikanor
Dramonic -
camn - Kmd, Nachomamma8
SpyreX -
A Clergyman with a Hoop -
Drippereth -
CSL - Parama, Yosarian2
Yosarian2 -
Anon -
KMD -
Weaboo -

Not Voting - Miserable At Best

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Maemuki »

MaB, please place a vote. Everybody is voting except for you - or at least, who do you think that is scum?

@ SK, you sleep a lot. :P
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Drippereth »

Nikanor wrote:Oh, and I'm not claiming.
Lalalala~.
OK, we hammer you. Only scum refuses to claim; this, to bot, coming after days of stalling and missing opportunities.

============
HAMMER PLZ
============

@Yos - if the vig fails, we'll have to waste a day lynching CSL and that would be unfortunate. No matter what, CSL
WILL
be taken care of. He's not long for this world. This kind of player is better vig'ed than lynched but if he's not vig'ed, we'll make do and lynch him.
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:24 am

Hi, this is Hoopla checking in. Excuse my political incorrectness, but the Nikanor wagon is retarded (which might be a little oxymoronic when you consider the definition of the word, but I digress) and needs to be derailed now. Nikanor not claiming is a solid sign that he is probably town. If he was scum, I'd expect him to show signs of pressure much larger than is currently displayed (I don't see any).

Before this gets discounted as wifom, let me retort by saying, no, it isn't. It is much
likelier
for scum in this situation to fakeclaim a powerrole to deflate their wagon/draw a counterclaim from town. When you consider how trigger-happy every seems in such a highspeed game, there is no way scum-Nikanor would
not
fakeclaim something in this scenario. He stands to gain nothing as scum by not claiming, when there are plenty of automatic benefits fake-claiming could yield.

Either get off the wagon now, or be pursued with malice tomorrow. There is no way I will consider lynching someone not on this wagon tomorrow.
A clergyman with a hoop wrote:We're not masons with Nikaor, the town read is mine and possibly mine alone, depending on what Hoops McGee decides when she gets her little self in here. But having strong town reads is kinda my thing.
I'm dazzled by this suggestion and still can't figure out how it came into fruition.

~~

Also, Ythan needs to shutup or stop posting noise. I don't remember reading any of his posts that were constructive. I know this is a speed-game, but it doesn't mean whoring for the sake of whoring.

Lynch-wise, I'm currently open to a Maemuki, CSL, Ythan and to a lesser degree MaB. But Mae is by far my number 1 pick, and I deem our shared vote more worthy on her, a noisy proponent of the Nikanor wagon, posting such items as this during the fake-hammer;
Maemuki wrote:Wait. Nik isn't lynched, then? *relieved*
Maemuki wrote:
CSL wrote:I screwed up. Or did I?

Drippereth, I'm starting to think you're scum because you fail at votecount reads.
I read that it was the hammer too, CSL. Not only me. Hoops/SC did too.
Worst. Case. Ever
. Even you said that it was the hammer, the hypocrisy.

Happiness~! CSL doesn't care about this game!

(PS: If I sound annoyed, it's because I want to freaking strangle Tewi)
(bolded added by me)

Yet, Maemuki is still currently voting Nikanor
, and has been plenty active since this event. This shows Mae's thoughts to be inconsistent with her vote, but is still very happy to ride out the wagon until lynch.

I'm usually quite bleak about town's chances of lynching scum on D1, but I think I've uncovered two major alignments tells (Nikanor and Maemuki), that it's starting to redeem my faith in the game.

Unvote, vote: Maemuki
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Drippereth »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:Nikanor not claiming is a solid sign that he is probably town. If he was scum, I'd expect him to show signs of pressure much larger than is currently displayed (I don't see any).
Jesus H Christ. Where have you been playing mafia? Heck, I've refused to claim as scum, and people that don't claim are scum. This isn't logic; it's experience. This is what I've observed. IN addition to the lack of claim, the total lack of outrage, berating of the players, demanding to be avenged, calling every scum on his wagon, no "good luck town" is totally scum.

Your case against Maemuki is lame. She may be your buddy, though. The case is lame enough to reek of distancing.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Maemuki »

Dear Hoops,

I can't see how Nik quickhammer would be good for the town or for the scum.

If he was town - we would lose a townie, obv.

If he was scum, we wouldn't know his scumbuddies. How is that good?

(And by the way - that was directed to CSL, to his Drip case. Misrepresentation!)

Love,
Mae
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Parama »

Ythan wrote:He said you were a better wagon.
@ dramonic: Why am I a better wagon?
dramonic wrote:25-28 is called scum giving up.
Actually, I can't seem to take this game seriously yet, if it matters.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Drippereth »

I'm starting to think that Clergyhoop has decided that she'd use her informed minority status to show off how great she is at reading townies. Her complete confidence, dating way back when, that Nikanor is town, despite abundant evidence to the contrary, despite further actions from Nikanor deserving of a lynch, points to that.

Nikanor is absolutely not scum with Clergyhoop. Of this I am 100% certain. If there is one scum faction, that means that Nikanor is SK; if there are two scum factions, he probably belongs to the other. However, I'm going to venture a guess that there is one scum faction and a SK, because a small scum group would suspect the existence of a second one, and hope for town cred from lynching the second scumgroup. I'm not seeing this here. We'll see how the NKs go.

Pretty sure that Clergyhoop is scum.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Drippereth »

Parama wrote:Actually, I can't seem to take this game seriously yet, if it matters.
So you wouldn't mind helping us out and hammering Nikanor, right?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Maemuki »

Drippereth wrote:
Parama wrote:Actually, I can't seem to take this game seriously yet, if it matters.
thisthis
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Parama »

Drippereth wrote:
Actually, after his recent posts, I wouldn't mind.
unvote
, vote:
Nikanor

testing something here btw
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:51 am

Drippereth wrote:
A clergyman with a hoop wrote:Nikanor not claiming is a solid sign that he is probably town. If he was scum, I'd expect him to show signs of pressure much larger than is currently displayed (I don't see any).
Jesus H Christ. Where have you been playing mafia? Heck, I've refused to claim as scum, and people that don't claim are scum. This isn't logic; it's experience. This is what I've observed. IN addition to the lack of claim, the total lack of outrage, berating of the players, demanding to be avenged, calling every scum on his wagon, no "good luck town" is totally scum.

Your case against Maemuki is lame. She may be your buddy, though. The case is lame enough to reek of distancing.
Of course you will deem the Maemuki case lame, as it's totally dependent on Nikanor being town, which is something we stubbornly disagree on.

In my experience (not to belittle and poopoo yours) I've found the opposite. Scum will do anything to deflate their wagon, as their individual survival is more important to their team than a townie's survival is to their team. Claiming is a common way to delay death until a later day and/or draw out potential powerroles. Any scum who doesn't claim to try and save themselves is not playing optimally. And I don't think Nikanor would be that stupid not to claim as scum, because he is not a stupid person.

~~

Mae, appologies about the second quote. I genuinely thought you were talking about the Nikanor wagon at the time. Can you give me in your own words the case on Nikanor? Because since the fake-hammer you've barely posted anything about him (or anything else worthwhile). I want to know your definitive opinion on Nikanor.

~~
Drippereth wrote: Pretty sure that Clergyhoop is scum.
I suggest unvoting since Nikanor is not your prime suspect then.
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:57 am

Drippereth wrote:Her complete confidence, dating way back when, that Nikanor is town,
despite abundant evidence to the contrary
, despite further actions from Nikanor deserving of a lynch, points to that.
Yeah, so much evidence in that page 2 case. Image

Please run me through the evidence PRIOR to the fake-hammer.
Parama wrote:
Drippereth wrote:
Actually, after his recent posts, I wouldn't mind.
unvote
, vote:
Nikanor

testing something here btw
You're an idiot. Don't fake-vote.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Drippereth »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote:Of course you will deem the Maemuki case lame, as it's totally dependent on Nikanor being town, which is something we stubbornly disagree on.
He could be SK or from an opposing faction. You could make things easier if you revealed how many members your particular faction has.
A clergyman with a hoop wrote:Claiming is a common way to delay death until a later day and/or draw out potential powerroles. Any scum who doesn't claim to try and save themselves is not playing optimally. And I don't think Nikanor would be that stupid not to claim as scum, because he is not a stupid person.
Well then, what use is NOT CLAIMING if you're town??? You see, that's the problem.
A clergyman with a hoop wrote:I suggest unvoting since Nikanor is not your prime suspect then.
No he still is. He hasn't claimed.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”