Open 205 - Medical Mafia - Game Over Too Soon?

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by XScorpion »

wtf at voting for a guy who hasn't posted anything yet. Why are you so gung-ho to lynch him?
unvote
Vote: Looker

Vote Count #4

Light (2) - SaintKerrigan, Mindgamer
mykonian (1) - DiscoRoboto
danny135 (1) - Looker
Looker (1) - XScorpion
Mindgamer (1) - mykonian

Not Voting (3) - danny135, Light, kyle99

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

I'm a Doctor, not a Mafia Goon! - Leonard McCoy
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Light »

Im not lurking, i just don't check the forums as regularly as you guys do (24-48 hours?). If you can find evidence of me logging on and not posting at all in this thread, please, do show me.

saintkerrigan; i only agreed to some elements of myko's plan, not all of it. if you read back, you'll notice.

i switched to supporting the "everyman for himself strat" because between the two strats, the latter would be more advantageous for the town. Myko's plan (being highlighter by mindgame and others etc) is flawed because we could possibly kill 2 townies and have the scum kill freely.

" every man for himself " has advantages because of the following:
-You only know who you healed/killed/etc
-If nothing happens when you heal them, you'll be the only one to know
-There is a bigger chance of blocking scum's attack

discoroboto; fair enough, i don't trust you either. The only person i completely trust as of late is mindgamer, his posts indicate to me that he is definitely one of the townies.

kyle99: lol, don't talk about replacing me :(. the minimum i have to check is 72 hours? i check the forums atleast once every 48 hours.

!vote - no lynch
Only sus play so far is myko, with his circle, but i think that was him trying to contribute, so yeah.

-I need to ask this, but what is L-1? (Lynch 1?)

/end rant
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Post by mykonian »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
mykonian wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Mykonian: Why would I want to disclose that kind of information? Even if I did, would you believe me? If you really want to know, go meta me on my scum games and decide for yourself what my scumtells are.
Town doesn't mind giving this information. Please answer the question, StK.
But I'm not always going to be town. It's not in my best interests as a player to disclose my weaknesses. As I stated before, you are free to look up my meta, check my scum games, and see how I play then to determine my scumtells. I will not, however, tell you outright.
It is frowned upon to play suboptimally as town to make you play better as scum. Please don't do that, and answer the question. Why would you as a good towny not tell us?

Or are you scum that is afraid to give this information?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Post by Light »

mykonian wrote:
Light wrote:hey guys. just finished reading (although only briefly skimmed through some) @_@

I don't have a better variation in mind, looker so i can't comment there.

After reading, i conclude that we should all go our separate ways for night 1. this circle thing proves to benefit the scum, and we don't want that do we? myko's 2nd and 3rd revisions aren't great either, there are still significant flaws in it.
do you propose trying to protect the townies, or do you propose to kill the scum?
both if possible.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

mykonian wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:
mykonian wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Mykonian: Why would I want to disclose that kind of information? Even if I did, would you believe me? If you really want to know, go meta me on my scum games and decide for yourself what my scumtells are.
But I'm not always going to be town. It's not in my best interests as a player to disclose my weaknesses. As I stated before, you are free to look up my meta, check my scum games, and see how I play then to determine my scumtells. I will not, however, tell you outright.
It is frowned upon to play suboptimally as town to make you play better as scum. Please don't do that, and answer the question. Why would you as a good towny not tell us?

(sigh) Like I said before, you are free to look up my meta and determine my scumtells from that.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:25 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Mykonian stop bugging Saint, it's getting us nowhere since you started it and it's the prime example of psuedo-scumhunting.

I heard light say 'you know what your role does etc' this is not true. What if you are a killing role and target the same target as the normal doctor, and nothing happens. what do you know now?

unvote
gonna retreat my vote... for now. I want to keep options open.

@Light, what exactly about Mindgamers post makes you think he's one of the townies?
Xonar!
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

L-1 is 1vote away from lynch.
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Looker »

Mindgamer's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2120234#2120234]Post 91[/url] wrote:Danny! Danny! Danny!

Why suddenly the noise about Danny, Looker? He isn't here, he's probably going to be replaced, so why are you talking about him? Are you trying to take our attention away from something? Oh yes, you are:
Looker wrote:
Mindgamer's Post 78 -
Okay, very good, you have an alternate plan, so why are you still voting Mykonian? He had a plan, it sucked, you proposed a new one, and now we can move on.
Vote Danny
In my opinion, Mykonian is scum because of his plan and everyone knows I think this. Why are you so desperate to take my attention away from this? Scumbuddies with Mykonian perhaps?
Looker wrote:Either way, I believe our play on words and bickering is distracting from the overall point - lynching scum.
Vote Danny
You want to lynch scum! What a wonderful initiative! So you want to bandwagon someone who isn't even here! What?
What do you expect to gain from such a bandwagon? Pressure won't make Danny magically return. I think it's just your way of wasting our time. I'm calling a scumteam of Mykonian/Looker.

Oh, and SaintKerrigan is right. I didn't notice because I was tunneling on Mykonian, but Light has posted... nothing. Completely nothing.

Unvote. Vote: Light

I want some content. Now.
- We've yet to receive any indication of Danny being replaced. As far as can be deduced, he is lurking.

- Disagreements are not scum-tells. It would be more profitable to accuse me on other grounds.

- @Saint Kerrigan: I thought you were skeptical of voting people due to lack of content. Wasn't this why you were so critical of my vote on Kyle? What's the difference between my vote on Kyle and Mindgamer's vote on Light?

I also believe your vote is baseless, Mindgamer, and as ineffective as you claim my vote on Danny to be. We're both voting for the same thing - more content, so I'd encourage you to belay your suspicions of me until you find a more adequate reason to vote.
XScorpion's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2120771#2120771]Post 100[/url] wrote:wtf at voting for a guy who hasn't posted anything yet. Why are you so gung-ho to lynch him?
unvote
Looker's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2119620#2119620]Post 89[/url] wrote:
People who I'd actually like to see
Vote Danny
:

- Kyle
- Mykonian
~Mindgamer (I don't know about this one; L-1's kinda iffy right now)
Try again, XScorpion.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Looker »

O, and Happy Scumday to me, I guess.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Happy Scumday, Looker!

I was critical on your vote on Kyle because you said he had lack of content at a time when there wasn't much content to be had. I said if there was lack of content later on in the game, then that was a valid point.

Meanwhile, I don't like your harassing of a guy who isn't here right now, isn't responding to your vote, and in all likelihood is going to be replaced. I think the time for a vote to provoke a response has passed.

Light, why are you voting for a No-Lynch? Usually, that's not a productive way to use your vote unless town comes to a consensus to vote No-Lynch. Otherwise, your vote is much more productive when it's on someone.

DiscoRoboto, do you suspect anyone other than Mykonian, and why?

Mindgamer, why did you call a Mykonian/Looker scumteam, and then vote for Light?
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Happy Scumday!

Who I suspect besides Mykonian? Mhm... I guess that'd be Looker and Light right now. Why?
Looker is mostly just vibes, so don't hold me up to that one.
My suspicions towards Light are outed in my reactions towards his posts.

Saint, why are you critical towards Light's No Lynch vote? I saw it as a way to say 'I don't know who to vote right now', a clumsy way at that, but I think you're catching my drift.

Also, what's strange about Mindgamers vote on Light? It's just a pressure vote.
Xonar!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:37 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Who I suspect besides Mykonian? Mhm... I guess that'd be Looker and Light right now. Why?
Because you unvoted Mykonian to "keep your options open," but I didn't notice you listing your other "options."
DiscoRoboto wrote:Looker is mostly just vibes, so don't hold me up to that one.
I see.
DiscoRoboto wrote:My suspicions towards Light are outed in my reactions towards his posts.
I'd actually forgotten about those. Thanks for reminding me.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Saint, why are you critical towards Light's No Lynch vote? I saw it as a way to say 'I don't know who to vote right now', a clumsy way at that, but I think you're catching my drift.
Because part of this game is looking at who people vote, and trying to see if there's connections in there. Plus, it forces people to take a stance on someone.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Also, what's strange about Mindgamers vote on Light? It's just a pressure vote.
The fact that he had previously called a Mykonian/Looker scumteam, but then didn't place his vote on either of them.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Looker »

SaintKerrigan's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2122020#2122020]Post 109[/url] wrote:Happy Scumday, Looker!

I was critical on your vote on Kyle because you said he had lack of content at a time when there wasn't much content to be had. I said if there was lack of content later on in the game, then that was a valid point.

Meanwhile, I don't like your harassing of a guy who isn't here right now, isn't responding to your vote, and in all likelihood is going to be replaced. I think the time for a vote to provoke a response has passed.

Light, why are you voting for a No-Lynch? Usually, that's not a productive way to use your vote unless town comes to a consensus to vote No-Lynch. Otherwise, your vote is much more productive when it's on someone.

DiscoRoboto, do you suspect anyone other than Mykonian, and why?

Mindgamer, why did you call a Mykonian/Looker scumteam, and then vote for Light?
- I don't see it as harassing, StK, and I disagree with your stance. I don't believe the time will have passed for my vote to do any good until we receive indication of Danny being replaced [or he posts more content]. Until then, my vote will remain on him.

MOD: WHAT'S THE SITUATION WITH DANNY?

RE: Light's No-Lynch Vote
- I agree, Light's vote for a No-Lynch is not in the best interest of the town and I would advise him to unvote if he has no one he suspects. Votes=/= scumhunting.

RE: Mindgamer's Vote On Light
- As I've already stated, I don't like the fact that he accuses me of being scum and then goes on to perpetrate the same act for which he called me scum in the first place. It's hypocritical.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Light »

my only suspect
was
myko, but his intentions were good.

@disco:
mindgamer is a definitely a townie because of two reasons:
-he points out the flaws in myko's plans, myko's plan would have given the scum a better chance at winning.
-he highlights to us that such a strat will damage our cause.
-I don't believe that a scum would be playing like he is now.
RE: Light's No-Lynch Vote
- I agree, Light's vote for a No-Lynch is not in the best interest of the town and I would advise him to unvote if he has no one he suspects. Votes=/= scumhunting.
yeh i have no suspects.
!unvote
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by DiscoRoboto »

myko's plan would have given the scum a better chance at winning.
Well, that would only be if Myko was scum, and you don't think Myko is scum right now, so that's just a piece of faulty logic.

P.s. I do see mindgamer as Town right now.

Light, your opinion on Xscorpion?
Xonar!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Looker »

XScorpion's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2120771#2120771]Post 100[/url] wrote:wtf at voting for a guy who hasn't posted anything yet. Why are you so gung-ho to lynch him?
unvote
XScorpion's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2118891#2118891]Post 74[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:Well, we already know that one of you is scum, we just have to figure out which. We're currently in the process of doing so.
I wish this were true, oh I really do. Unfortunately you are completely wrong, and it is easily possible that both of me and Mykonian are just misguided townies. If we actually knew for a fact that either I'm scum or Mykonian is, there really shouldn't be any hesitation to just kill one of us then lynch the other the next day.
As misguided as you are, I agree with you.
Unvote; Vote: Mykonian

mykonian's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2121404#2121404]Post 102[/url] wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:
mykonian wrote:

Where were you going with this?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Looker »

Also, to rival ...

SCUM

Mykonian
SaintKerrigan/Mindgamer
Light/Kyle/DiscoRoboto/Danny
XScorpion
Looker
TOWN
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

danny135 has been prodded.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Light »

what do i think of xscorpion?

he is an intelligent poster, and obviously been playing mafia for awhile now, so i wouldn't think of dismissing any of his suggestions off the bat.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Light wrote:what do i think of xscorpion?

he is an intelligent poster, and obviously been playing mafia for awhile now, so i wouldn't think of dismissing any of his suggestions off the bat.
LOL I find this hilarious.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Well XScorp, see it as a compliment ;)

Could you add anything to the conversation?
Xonar!
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Looker wrote:Also, to rival ...

SCUM

Mykonian
SaintKerrigan/Mindgamer
Light/Kyle/DiscoRoboto/Danny
XScorpion
Looker
TOWN
Damn, your list has color. Mine looks like a joke now :(

After mulling it over for a while, I still think Mykonian is the person to lynch now.
vote: Mykonian
I really think that we're going to win this game by scumhunting. Relying on night-actions could really blow up in our face.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by XScorpion »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Well XScorp, see it as a compliment ;)

Could you add anything to the conversation?
Yes, I could add that I'm actually not as intelligent as I pretend to be and some people are right to call me out on it.

I'd normally join the Mykonian train but I'm still really suspicious about Looker's actions towards Danny.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Town has got two tools: Voice and Vote. And. Not slash. Town is able to use them both in a different way. You don't have to use your vote to add strength to your suspicions. That's why I used my voice on Looker and my Vote on Light.

Light has posted now, but I stil don't see any original content. Almost everything he said has already been said by others. But since my vote will not change that much, I wil unvote. I will remember Light's refusal to post original content though.

Unvote

Back to Looker, yay!
- Disagreements are not scum-tells. It would be more profitable to accuse me on other grounds.
I called you scum because you are trying to take my attention away from Mykonian, not because of the disagreement on the plan. Straw Man again.
I also believe your vote is baseless, Mindgamer, and as ineffective as you claim my vote on Danny to be. We're both voting for the same thing - more content
We're not, I'm voting for more content. You're voting for nothing.
so I'd encourage you to belay your suspicions of me until you find a more adequate reason to vote.
Voice =/= Vote
RE: Mindgamer's Vote On Light
- As I've already stated, I don't like the fact that he accuses me of being scum and then goes on to perpetrate the same act for which he called me scum in the first place. It's hypocritical.
I accused you of being scum for taking my attention away from Mykonian and pushing a L-1 wagon on someone who isn't here.. I did the same act however, you say. So I took my own attention away from Mykonian and I'm pushing a L-1 wagon on Light, whom is not here. YES.
As misguided as you are, I agree with you. Unvote; Vote: Mykonian
So first you try to get me off the Mykonian wagon by telling me to move on, and now you're joining his bandwagon?

Straw Mans.
Vote=Voice.
Very strange voting behaviour.

Oh btw, I'm confused. Why do we know that either XScorpion or Mykonian is scum?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 am

Post by XScorpion »

Mindgamer wrote:Oh btw, I'm confused. Why do we know that either XScorpion or Mykonian is scum?
Because Looker's word is law.

Return to “Completed Open Games”