Pick Your Power II - Looks like the wine is gone (SCUM WIN)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Fate »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 7

Hoopla
- 1 - Socrates - (L-6)
Socrates
- 3 - Ellibereth, DocPotter, Jack - (L-4)

Players not voting: curiouskarmadog, Devotress, Faraday, Fate, Hoopla, StrangerCoug, The1fifi, TonyMontana, wolframnhart

Ah HELL!

Vote: Socrates
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Fate »

Oh we're waiting. Yeah he's scum so he's sending in the kill, quicklynch only hurts town PRs

Unvote
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

Great. I go from semi-confirmed innocent, to blatant scum wifom target. Thanks!

Before we speedlynch Socrates, lets stop and think about the situation. Socrates is very likely not the scum vig, as he as essentially spontaneously combusted, which isn't something scum would do to their vig. We know scum (almost certainly) have vig and the cop, and I seriously doubt scum would have got either of those roles without picking one of them first. So, the most logical answer is Socrates is the scum cop, and they managed to pick up vig lower down the order.

Although, that seems like bizarre scum-play. Why would you not take vig when you have number 1 choice? One explaination is that Fate is vig, meaning scum got top two spots. But I already think that situation is unlikely based on Fate's wagon. So, if Fate is scum, he should be the vig (but that probably isn't true) - which makes him strongly town.

Jack, StrangerCoug, Fifi and wolf are the logical choices to for the scum vig, and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile having a massclaim now to try and flush the vig out. We might get lucky with role information contradictions and figure the vig out, because I'm not so sure lynching Socrates now is a good idea. It just seems so planned that I'm becoming more and more worried about a scum governor stopping a potential scum vig lynch.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Socrates »

Ok, I am going to be completely straight with you guys.

I'm not actually the cop. I am the bomb.

I looked at the wagon's building on me yesterday, and combined with my certainty that Pomegranate was scum, I decided I would try for a gambit.

I would fakeclaim cop with a guilty on Pomegranate.

The plan was to catch a scum pomegranate and get the mafia to NK me that night, killing two scumbags at once.

But alas, it was not to be.

So ya, don't lynch me.

Faraday is scum that knows I'm another mislynch and is scared to commit, btw.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Fate »

Then again a quick lynch might stop a governor.. if Hoopla's prediction comes true we're all dead. ALL DEAD I TELL YOU.

AND WHY DID NO ONE COUNTERCLAIM!?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

While the theory Socrates just posted makes some sense, I would have faked a different PR, probably doctor. Maybe empowerer if I figured there was a Mafia RB running around.

So yeah. I don't know how to take it, but there were better ways of gambiting than that.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Faraday »

Socrates wrote:I WAS FRAMED!

I'M INNOCENT I TELL YOU!

The mafia must have a framer and set me up!

Ohwait.

The mafia must have a bus driver and redirected my investigation!

Er...

I must secretly have been insane! Yea, thats it! Hoopla is scum!

vote: Hoopla
^^^ You're a secretly insane bomb socrates?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Fate »

Socrates wrote:Ok, I am going to be completely straight with you guys.

I'm not actually the cop. I am the bomb.

I looked at the wagon's building on me yesterday, and combined with my certainty that Pomegranate was scum, I decided I would try for a gambit.

I would fakeclaim cop with a guilty on Pomegranate.

The plan was to catch a scum pomegranate and get the mafia to NK me that night, killing two scumbags at once.

But alas, it was not to be.

So ya, don't lynch me.

Faraday is scum that knows I'm another mislynch and is scared to commit, btw.
I'm scum blah blah blah my gambit failed here's another gambit blah don't kill me.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

Hoopla wrote:Great. I go from semi-confirmed innocent, to blatant scum wifom target. Thanks!

Before we speedlynch Socrates, lets stop and think about the situation. Socrates is very likely not the scum vig, as he as essentially spontaneously combusted, which isn't something scum would do to their vig. We know scum (almost certainly) have vig and the cop, and I seriously doubt scum would have got either of those roles without picking one of them first. So, the most logical answer is Socrates is the scum cop, and they managed to pick up vig lower down the order.

Although, that seems like bizarre scum-play. Why would you not take vig when you have number 1 choice? One explaination is that Fate is vig, meaning scum got top two spots. But I already think that situation is unlikely based on Fate's wagon. So, if Fate is scum, he should be the vig (but that probably isn't true) - which makes him strongly town.

Jack, StrangerCoug, Fifi and wolf are the logical choices to for the scum vig, and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile having a massclaim now to try and flush the vig out. We might get lucky with role information contradictions and figure the vig out, because I'm not so sure lynching Socrates now is a good idea.
It just seems so planned that I'm becoming more and more worried about a scum governor stopping a potential scum vig lynch.
The bolded is a very good point, but even if that's true there's nothing we can do as a scum governor can stop a lynch on anyone can't they?

If socrates isn't the vig, though we could be in trouble. (I'm definitely assuming the vig is scum, killing every night and redcyote is a bad target I think, the other's look somewhat plausible I guess, but ehh, the vig would/should have claimed by now if town.)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Jack »

Hoopla wrote:Socrates is very likely not the scum vig, as he as essentially spontaneously combusted, which isn't something scum would do to their vig.
If the mafia have governor, then they get another two free kills tonight. And then even if we lynch the vig they win. Soc seems pretty carefree anyway.

Quicklynching would help more than hurt I think, although a lot of time has passed now.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Fate »

StrangerCoug wrote:While the theory Socrates just posted makes some sense, I would have faked a different PR, probably doctor. Maybe empowerer if I figured there was a Mafia RB running around.

So yeah. I don't know how to take it, but there were better ways of gambiting than that.
Read the post Faraday quoted. If Socrates had replaced that post with a, "ok seriously this is what I did" I would've bought it.

Or if had chosen someone scummier than inactive Pom... Now I regret not letting her speak =X
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Jack »

StrangerCoug wrote:While the theory Socrates just posted makes some sense, I would have faked a different PR, probably doctor. Maybe empowerer if I figured there was a Mafia RB running around.

No, it really doesn't make sense, and he's obviously joking around.

fos:StrangerCoug

This sounds like a scumbuddy trying to pretend he isn't sure soc is scum.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Faraday »

Fate wrote:

Read the post Faraday quoted. If Socrates had replaced that post with a, "ok seriously this is what I did" I would've bought it.

Or if had chosen someone scummier than inactive Pom... Now I regret not letting her speak =X
Lol in fairness Pom was pretty scummy, which was why it sounded plausible.

And yeah, he's obv fucking around at this stage, but whatever.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Socrates »

Nonono Fate. Let me fix that for you:
Fate wrote:I'm
scum
town blah blah blah my gambit failed here's another gambit blah don't kill me.
There. Now its accurate.
Faraday wrote:
Socrates wrote:I WAS FRAMED!

I'M INNOCENT I TELL YOU!

The mafia must have a framer and set me up!

Ohwait.

The mafia must have a bus driver and redirected my investigation!

Er...

I must secretly have been insane! Yea, thats it! Hoopla is scum!

vote: Hoopla
^^^ You're a secretly insane bomb socrates?
I was fishing to see who would jump on my wagon like a ravenous tiger (townies) and who would hesitate and try to play cautious kittens (scumbags).

Anyone who was town should have instantly voted me the second they checked the thread 'cause a quicklynch would have helped the town (if I was actually scum).
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I think we should massclaim today - it's getting to the point where it's almost too late with the rate these double kills set us back. We need to find out where the vig is, and try and find out where the governor is and assess if they are town or not.

also, /agree with post 1011.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Faraday »

Socrates wrote:
I was fishing to see who would jump on my wagon like a ravenous tiger (townies) and who would hesitate and try to play cautious kittens (scumbags).

Anyone who was town should have instantly voted me the second they checked the thread 'cause a quicklynch would have helped the town (if I was actually scum).
A+
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Fate »

Hoopla wrote:Great. I go from semi-confirmed innocent, to blatant scum wifom target. Thanks!

Jack, StrangerCoug, Fifi and wolf are the logical choices to for the scum vig, and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile having a massclaim now to try and flush the vig out. We might get lucky with role information contradictions and figure the vig out, because I'm not so sure lynching Socrates now is a good idea. It just seems so planned that I'm becoming more and more worried about a scum governor stopping a potential scum vig lynch.
Hmmmm... there's no real way to counter this unless the governor isn't on often, and we can quicklynch someone else instead and the power is wasted (Or is it only used up if it actually stops the lynch?)

I think Socrates is indeed vig. He just needed an extra night, that's why he claimed cop to give him one. Now this means the real cop wasn't here in time to counter, or the scum have cop too...
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Faraday »

Fate wrote:

Hmmmm... there's no real way to counter this unless the governor isn't on often, and we can quicklynch someone else instead and the power is wasted (Or is it only used up if it actually stops the lynch?)

I think Socrates is indeed vig. He just needed an extra night, that's why he claimed cop to give him one. Now this means the real cop wasn't here in time to counter, or the scum have cop too...
Or there's no cop?

I don't think a mass claim is a bad idea at all really, there's definitely no downside to it. The vig is the biggest worry atm. I think he needs to be found and lynched ASAP (basically tomorrow is as soon as possible). I'd certainly not object to it anyway. So I'm pro mass claim.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The only way Socrates is vig is if you're the scum governor or scum cop, Fate. There's no way scum would have picked up cop
and
governor at 7th or lower in the draft. Why would scum waste a mid-range draft pick trying for cop, when there are plenty of other great scum-roles out there (see; rolecop, roleblocker, empowerer etc.)

The only way this gambit works is if scum have all three roles (cop, vig, governor). They're probably not going to get these roles without a 1/2 draft combination. Socrates is probably the cop.

There is no way scum would have done this fake-guilty ploy if they didn't have the cop.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Fate »

I'm anti-mass claim.

Let's say Jack, SC, of fifi is scum vig.

They have all sorts of outs: "I claim vanila going for tracker. I claim vanilla going for bomb (makes me believe Socrates) I claim vanilla going for watcher."

And so on. Massclaim only helps scum pick their targets at this point, imo.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Jack wrote:

No, it really doesn't make sense, and he's obviously joking around.

fos:StrangerCoug

This sounds like a scumbuddy trying to pretend he isn't sure soc is scum.
Do you really want the scum to know that you're a town bomb?

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Fate »

Hoopla wrote:The only way Socrates is vig is if you're the scum governor or scum cop, Fate. There's no way scum would have picked up cop
and
governor at 7th or lower in the draft. Why would scum waste a mid-range draft pick trying for cop, when there are plenty of other great scum-roles out there (see; rolecop, roleblocker, empowerer etc.)

The only way this gambit works is if scum have all three roles (cop, vig, governor). They're probably not going to get these roles without a 1/2 draft combination. Socrates is probably the cop.

There is no way scum would have done this fake-guilty ploy if they didn't have the cop.
Regardless, Socrates is scum, and massclaiming now won't help us find the Vig. Lynch Socrates, pressure the likely vigs tommorow.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Faraday »

Fate wrote:I'm anti-mass claim.

Let's say Jack, SC, of fifi is scum vig.

They have all sorts of outs: "I claim vanila going for tracker. I claim vanilla going for bomb (makes me believe Socrates) I claim vanilla going for watcher."

And so on. Massclaim only helps scum pick their targets at this point, imo.
On the other hand if 1 or 2 of them have actual roles it narrows down the list dramatically and narrows the vig. I see your point but I think it'd be more helpful than you might think.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Faraday »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Wut.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Faraday wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Wut.
Is this such an obscure role that I have to put it in big red letters? If the scum knows you're a bomb, they'll likely get around it by not NK'ing you. It is also very possible that they'll try to get you mislynched so they can take out two townies in one day. Socrates fakeclaiming to try to draw the NK makes sense except for the role faked.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”