Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by mykonian »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) evilsnail
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) Rhinox
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 7 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL Hoopla
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Raskol Maelyn
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

farside22 wrote:
mykonian wrote:
farside22 wrote:
So this series of misinterpretations and strawmans is really horrible. It is not hard to show inconsistencies this way, Rhinox, if you misinterprete half of what I'm saying.
I have no idea how this feels. How about you EK you know how this feel? :roll:
Oh, I'm so very sorry for you, and your sad problems.

And this doesn't have anything to do with Rhinox clearly doing it here. And you wait for your turn. You can say I misinterpreted you for a whole page long after I got everything ordened in one post.
You misinterperted myself many pages ago. I don't feel like rehashing this unless you feel up for it.
But I'm waiting in baited breathe for that why I'm scum post. It should be most entertaining.
yeah, but I'm sorry, you'll have to wait for it. It is past midnight now, and I know my posts get worse then.

@Elvis. I don't really mind, I have read the first 2 days a bit, but
A they are losing
B my playstyle really wouldn't fit.

Plus that teleporting someone in is better (get their townies out).

Elvis, you are employing the DGB strategy, aren't you? Repeating it often enough and it becomes true?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

There's no place like home
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

mykonian wrote:Plus that teleporting someone in is better (get their townies out).
Who is a townie over there? I can't tell.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by mykonian »

I haven't really read the last day, sorry.

But I'm sure on that amount of players there must be one.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Rhinox »

PS: in case no one read it in my previous post, I'm pretty sure I know who DGB's mason partner is. Would it be a good idea to get him over here and ave a confirmed townie for tomorrow, even if that means he'd be quick to die (forces the scum hand on who to kill, which is good for us because our original town numbers remain).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

Rhinox wrote:PS: in case no one read it in my previous post, I'm pretty sure I know who DGB's mason partner is. Would it be a good idea to get him over here and ave a confirmed townie for tomorrow, even if that means he'd be quick to die (forces the scum hand on who to kill, which is good for us because our original town numbers remain).
So what lets screw over the U2 and bring their numbers down in town.
Did you see the mafia win condition and the double win condition when you came up with this?

Since we could pull a player from the U2 and they could pull when they go to night next it can have one confirmed town for 2 days max.
Other then that it really sucks.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

should i claim yet?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 am

Post by evilsnail »

If you've anything to claim, this is probably a good time to do it. You're at L-1 and the deadline is close.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I think pops should claim now.

It should be noted that if someone fake claims teleporter, now or at any other time, the teleporter has the option of teleporting away the fake claim - thus outing them - instead of counterclaiming. Whether this is a good idea depends on things in the other universe as well as over here, but it's at least worth considering.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pops should totally claim.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

Fishythefish wrote:I think pops should claim now.

It should be noted that if someone fake claims teleporter, now or at any other time, the teleporter has the option of teleporting away the fake claim - thus outing them - instead of counterclaiming. Whether this is a good idea depends on things in the other universe as well as over here, but it's at least worth considering.
Actually that's a good idea because then we know the person is a liar and the teleporter doesn't have to counter claim.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Rhinox »

farside22 wrote:
Rhinox wrote:PS: in case no one read it in my previous post, I'm pretty sure I know who DGB's mason partner is. Would it be a good idea to get him over here and ave a confirmed townie for tomorrow, even if that means he'd be quick to die (forces the scum hand on who to kill, which is good for us because our original town numbers remain).
So what lets screw over the U2 and bring their numbers down in town.
Did you see the mafia win condition and the double win condition when you came up with this?

Since we could pull a player from the U2 and they could pull when they go to night next it can have one confirmed town for 2 days max.
Other then that it really sucks.
What sucks about pulling a confirmed town into our uni? What does the mafia wincons have to do with anything? U2 already screwed us overe when they didn't pullDGB anyways now we have a chance to pull the confirmed town what's the downside?
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) evilsnail
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) Rhinox
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 7 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL Hoopla
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Raskol Maelyn
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

Just a word of warning, you have a little over a day and a half until deadline is reached. Still searching for a Raskol replacement. If you have suggestions for people to ask, give me a PM.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 am

Post by mykonian »

mykonian wrote:
Everything in blue is not related to hunting scum, and can be skipped, if you are short on time.

farside22 wrote:
what are your scumtells when you are scum?
Oh come on this question sucks why should I share my scum tells to hurt me in other games?
I can already hear the people ready to lynch me for the above but telling people your scum tells does hurt you for other games.
idk I range with being quiet, lurky to talkative depending on the game. I do bus my scum partner on many occasions I can think of. I think I jump on cases just with a me too kind of post at times if I feel lost in a game and I don't know where else to go. I notice I don't try to motivate a game and I purposly miss things that are scum tells from my partner if I think they are safe from a lynch or being voted on.
Obviously my scum tell is on a wide range because acting the same in a game means people know you to be scum and use that meta against you.
Although I find your next post nice (you agree with me, finally, someone!), this one just gives me the creeps. If you would be town, there would be nothing to worry about. You could just tell your scumtells. Because acting antitown as towny to protect your scumplay is not done, and the way I know you, you also wouldn't lurk or do other scummy things to protect your scumplay. Then we get a series of scumtells that I know you would avoid if possible (jumping on a wagon with a "me too") and that you are often bussing seems to be a save thing to say as scum. Further, you keep it very general. I can't see someone who loves the game this much doing this as town.
FoS Farside
. But pluspoints for actually answering the question as first player.
Later we get the discussion where farside thinks she should be called townie, just as Fishy based on her thinking that those answers are identical. I disagree.
mykonian wrote:Bolded is mine. And take your time replying to it, I should be sleeping. I'll take a look in the morning.
farside22 wrote:
mykonian
-
myko talks about scumhunting will win the game but talks about stragdy of the game right after.
are you accusing me of not scumhunting, or even active lurking. Please tell.

interesting:
Evilsnail: I am not going to answer my own question if nobody wants the answer

a few people answered this question why refuse to answer yourself?
Posting something that isn't going to be read is a waste of everyones time, and just fills the thread

Well you did answer in this post actually so the comment leaves me in a lot of pondering

myko why did you vote from DGB to raskol and with such a hypocritcal statement as this:

You completely forgot what you did with fishy, and went for the next target, with a less then spectacular case. Where are you going to run next?
Farside, please tell my what is hyporcritical about this. Hint: check the argument. There is something wrong, and it was talked about in the defense.

I love how myko says he didn't want to read the ou but clearly is.
I don't think I ever said that. I did say I don't expect everyone to do so, simply because it would be hard to keep up. As you know, from time to time I have way too much time to waste, so I hope it won't be a problem for me.

myko why would you switch you vote to CSL?
I would vote him for mindlessly bandwagonning and then hopping of as soon as it seems to fail, with an enigmatic: it has served it's purpose

The case on DGB is terrible. Speaking from what you posted as a case I can point to a time DGB said scum day talked and she was town. It's a null tell.

Lots of defending from myko
and I didn't find a case that was really well thought out excpet raskol case.

both are easily explained. I almost never make a post simply to restate the arguments against someone. A "case" like that you won't often find with me, only when I feel I really need to convince people (close to a deadline, or something like that). My arguments are often divided over multiple posts, posted as I find them. You'll find that I have had opinions about far more people then only Raskol, something you try to insinuate here.

And I would like you to quote what you thought my case on DGB. Because I don't believe I have posted one.
Now I read through this, I'm sorry farside, but it are OMGUS-like feelings that made my gut read on you this way. The case is subjective as hell, the blue points are points made by others already. Both blue points are also no points against me, as it is both times a miscommunication (I did answer, and it wasn't hypocritical because I returned my vote to Raskol, and switched later one time his name with Rhinox).

All the red sentences are most likely to trigger my Scum-alarm. There are strawmans (only picking out my reaction against DGB's daytalk argument, and calling that my case on DGB), misinterpretations (the myko will not read the OU), and several points that are accusing me of active lurking, which is plain insane. But will all this, Farside never FoS's me, votes me, or even calls me scummy. It is just one big manipulative post that shows how bad I am, but Farside never commits herself to it (this is good english, I hope).

Later posts I leave out (the argument about the first post, I made a short version there)

short version of the above
Most of my scum feelings came from that post, and yes, that probably is because I very much dislike the case on me. But because farside had had no problems with me before, and this were her first points, I saw that as farside beginning to doubt me, while she later confirms this was a full case on me.

My iso 84 is where I say I thought farside had me as town.
mykonian wrote:
farside22 wrote:
I remember one (last thing with farside), when you said that made me scum. I had quoted a post there where I pointed out what was wrong, and why. I don't think I would do that as scum, aggressively investigating Farside, as I know her a bit. It is kind of foolish to attack farside, since you will get a response. It is her nature.
You talking about the so called case saying I was following people and was full of crap and I called you on and then backtracked and tried to almost subtely use the too townie idea without saying it?
You make it a so called case: because I didn't. I explained my reasons why you moved up my scumlist.

It wasn't full of crap, you didn't reply to half the points, and the FACT that you directly copied two questions in that post are showing I was in fact right. I haven't backtracked, since those points couldn't and werent explained. I have absolutely no idea how I have subtely used the too townie idea there. I don't think you too towny, so that is most likely you trying to read manipulation in my posts. (seen the subtility, you had to search for it)

So this post full of strong language perfectly hides that I had valid points against you.
And here my feelings get confirmed again. I have good points against her (the points taken from Evil and Rhinox), which got strawmanned (I believe intentionally) by farside to being direct copies of the text.

That way she can say I'm backtracking. Further, the language is really over the top. This is basically screaming popular words (Backtracking, too townie, full of crap) without admitting she indeed did use Rhinox and Evils points. iso 105 is about this, with also points about the first quote of this post.

There is a but. A pretty large one, I think. Farside is one of the few that is active, lately
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Why is pops dragging this out?

If we get to deadline, somebody better be willing to hammer him, with or without a claim.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:19 am

Post by farside22 »

I need a short version of myko's case there. I feel lost reading it or I'm just tired because it's just after 7am
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay rereading myko's case I will give short responses as most of this has been already answered.

1) fishy my post. I pointed out the similarities asking you for what is different exactly and you haven't given an answer on what it was. The only one you really stated was me hesitating and I responded that when only 1/3 of the people here actually answer the question my desire not to answer the question looks pretty valid since most didn't answer the question to begin with.
2) If I said you were actively lurking I would just say you were actively lurking. I was making analysis on all players and things that caught my attention. I found it interesting that you don't want to use the teleport stating that people may not want to read the U2 but your reading it. Just a bit oddity to me.
3) I showed that my questions were not direct copies and even stated that my read on you was an isolated read. So your direct copies is a gross overstatement. The case I called crap was this one:
Farside I have as leaning scum by now. I really can't understand what her motivations are when posting, and the things she says are too often copies of what is said earlier in the game. The argument with me what the difference was between fishy and her answer seemed to be asking to say she was town after all. I don't think town would remember one of the first arguments made against her. If this was the case, she would normally have answered it did bother her. She didn't.
far wrote: Often copies of what was said in the game? I brought up DGB first. I commented about ABR and my feel on his read. I have gone through and posted something more then just town/ or scum on almost all players here and your saying it was almost all stuff said earlier? I mentioned the comment and backing off from pops first.

So again I find your comment based on 2 quotes an overstatement. Nvm the 2 questions I showed already were not "direct copies".
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:24 am

Post by mykonian »

Farside, this time I was very careful not to use the word "copies", but I used "used points of". Don't drag me into this again.

And all your replying points were basically already in the post. I have been trying to stay objective...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:41 am

Post by farside22 »

mykonian wrote:Farside, this time I was very careful not to use the word "copies", but I used "used points of". Don't drag me into this again.

And all your replying points were basically already in the post. I have been trying to stay objective...
Calling it a strawman when I quote the fact it was not a direct copy. How is that a strawman?
Later we get the discussion where farside thinks she should be called townie, just as Fishy based on her thinking that those answers are identical. I disagree
You have really expended on why you disagree.

and finally I see this:
That way she can say I'm backtracking. Further, the language is really over the top. This is basically screaming popular words (Backtracking, too townie, full of crap) without admitting she indeed did use Rhinox and Evils points. iso 105 is about this, with also points about the first quote of this post.
as backtracking as you made it sound like I was coping everything everyone said but only point to 2 comments I made that were similar and one frankly was bactracked in the same paragraph as I saw you answered it. Finally evil never directly asked you why you didn't answer it as I quoted what he said when you answer the question to begin with.

So if you don't want to get into it stop bringing the same points I'm disputing as a case.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Less pointless bickering.

Moar lynching pops.
Talk nerdy to me.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:20 am

Post by mykonian »

elvis_knits wrote:Less pointless bickering.
Agreed.

Following a player is a tell because you don't bring anything new, while pretending to be. This way scum pretends to be scumhunting.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mykonian, you parking your vote on Raskol who needs replacement is sort of pointless, IMO.
Talk nerdy to me.

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:38 am

Post by evilsnail »

elvis_knits wrote:If we get to deadline, somebody better be willing to hammer him, with or without a claim.
I'll take care of this. I like a pops lynch today and I'll be on before the deadline tomorrow.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm fairly behind on this game.

I need to do a serious reread, at least of the last week or so and probably more. I also have read enough to know I won't change my mind about today's lynch. I intend to wait on the reread until I've seen pops's flip, otherwise I'll just end up doing it all over again in light of this.

I should have decent access until deadline, if something exciting happens.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by mykonian »

elvis_knits wrote:Mykonian, you parking your vote on Raskol who needs replacement is sort of pointless, IMO.
Elvis, I have been very clear I feel there are better lynches then Pops. I disagree with the lynch. Take a look at the votecount, you would say I was vote-parking anyway.

am I scummy for not wanting this lynch?

Further, you questioned me multiple times a few pages ago about the use of some of my votes, and I told you they showed who I suspected. None of them is going to be lynched today, so I keep my symbolic vote on the player I suspect most (for a case, and after that the lurking).

So yeah, I have no idea why you esspecially say this, because it is slightly insane, also seen that I have stated that I have a town read on pops from the first day. (clarification in case someone wants to twist this. My town-read comes from that day, not that I have stated it from then).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”