Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

NB: This is the second game where I have been vig-suspected-to-be-SK.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Slicey »

Also, somehow forgot to mention him, huge thanks to Llamafluff for back up modding and taking over in my absence. He helped me a bunch through this game, especially over the modkill issue and Sajin's investigation of Starbuck (more to come on both)

Notes:
First off, as I said in the Green Room, the game was designed to punish flavor abusers. There were no patterns for the most part in the roles. For example, making Kairi a Vanilla, having party members range from PR's to Vanilla's to fakeclaims, not including Donald but including Goofy etc. I wanted this game to be as balanced as possible, and that went right into flavor. A game so heavily flavored could easily be broken by said flavor, and I was trying to avoid that. I felt it worked.

I felt the game was very balanced, with one obvious huge exception in the Genie role. Whoever Genie aligned with had a very good chance of winning. If he aligned with one of the mafia's, it could have been very interesting. However, I made the mafia's kinda weak enough so that if Genie was recruited by one of them, it wouldn't lead to an auto mafia win.

Nobody Mafia failed immensely. I don't think I've ever seen a mafia fail so badly. All their night one actions failed or were redirected. Night 2 they didn't even get anything in on time. With Cobalt dead, Papa Zito gone, Gorrad V/LA and joe non-existant, they were screwed. Add onto that the same night Gorrad was killed and Papa Zito was alignment scanned by Sajin, and they were screwed. And then Snow White made the most bizarre kills, killing Kise and Hayker, both who could have been lynched. The vote steal was only used once the entire game, and it was redirected. Oh, and then Cobalt royally fucking up his fakeclaim by claiming Mickey instead of Minnie.

Heartless Mafia did pretty well. They were the victims of misfortune IMHO. Wolf being killed was the beginning of the end for them. I thought ace's claim was good... if Ray wasn't joking about the exact same thing a page before. Shotty's claim was pretty bad, which leads me to think I might do the Tar method of fakeclaiming in the future, instead of just giving a name as a fakeclaim.

Starbuck did a pretty good job of laying low. She had a very different playstyle then how I normally see her. However, I found her to be kinda nitpickey with some stuff and I think some other (UK) agree with me, which did her in the end. Oh, and the broke the cardinal sin of being an SK, which is claiming Bulletproof.

I give the Anti-Town MVP to
Starbuck
, although ace did a fantastic job as well, considering this was his first game and he was a Godfather.

Town MVP has to go to
DrippingGoofball
. She helped catch MafiaSSK, Cobalt, ace5993, and Shotty. She also had wolf and joe on her scumlists in the beginning of the game. Only person she was wrong about was Gorrad. Honorary mention to Sajin as well. UK also did a good job finding scum, but was not vocal enough about it.

Now, I had a couple issues with the game. The first was the issue of Sir Chris and xRECKONERx. I talked to Llamafluff about it. We both decided that Reck was going to be modkilled, for some of the stuff he said was just absolutely nasty. The problem was whether Sir Chris was going to be modkilled. IMHO, he shouldn't have been modkilled, but I believe it would have been unfair to kill one and let the other live.

The second issue was Sajin's investigation on Starbuck. Because Sajin did an alignment scan, and not a cop scan, I was very tempted towards giving a 3rd party result. However, Llama reminded me that I said Starbuck was immune to all investigations, which is why she scanned as innocent.

I'd like some feedback on some of the small stuff I did as a moderator. Did I update the first post enough? Should I have put some other stuff in there as well? Did I post enough votecount's, and were they frequent enough? How do you like my prodding system? Do you think it should be changed, and if so, how?

The next large theme I'm toying with is doing Twilight Mafia with Iecerint. I already have some awesome roles for the game. If I don't do that, expect some sort of Tales Of Mafia (either Tales of Vesperia or all the Tales games I've played)

I'll probably have more stuff to say, and I will post it as I remember it. Once again, I thank you all for playing, and I hope you enjoyed it!
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:53 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

UK also did a good job finding scum, but was not vocal enough about it.
I did? I thought I was rather follow the leader after my initial D2 read :S. Well, thank you. I do tend to second guess myself and not push cases.

Overall, it seemed to be a good game. A nice refresher from the usual role madness games I play and mod.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Slicey »

UncertainKitten wrote:
UK also did a good job finding scum, but was not vocal enough about it.
I did? I thought I was rather follow the leader after my initial D2 read :S. Well, thank you. I do tend to second guess myself and not push cases.

Overall, it seemed to be a good game. A nice refresher from the usual role madness games I play and mod.
Yes, but you followed the right leads IMHO.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:58 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

I suppose that is important as well. I feel better when I actually pave the way to scum. That, to me, is more true scumhunting. Ah well, I'll keep practicing in minis. It seems when there are more than 12 players my brain shuts down.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Sajin »

Nope, thats the exact reply you should of given me looking at the role PMs. I would of expected town results on Godfather's too. Thats the trade off between cop and track, and I was allowed to make that choice.

For my 3rd action I considered watching DGB too (to find her killer or her roleblocker, or to accuse her of lying about being blocked, as any of this would be useful). I wish I would of done it in retrospect, but I wanted to stay alive....so I did an action that would protect me as well as possibly generate info. But it didn't.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Starbuck »

Slicey, I know you and I talked about it when the Twilight mini was going on and my modding requirements weren't fulfilled. They are now and I would love to help you with a Twilight large game.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Slicey »

Good to know, thanks Starbuck.

Actually, yeah, that does work, because Iecerint doesn't have the credential's to back up the game for me, so the three of use can create the game and then you and me could run it or something.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

No complaints about your style of modding. I particularly appreciated that you made an effort to keep the flavor going throughout the game. Some mods get lazy with the flavor by D3 or so, which can negatively affect the atmosphere.

Ha! I'm playing it if I'm not back-up modding it. That's what I meant when I originally sent you that PM months ago, anyway. :P I'm not in a position to expertly balance games and so forth, anyway.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Sajin »

Hobo was awesome.

Can we see the list of things Zito was eligible to steal from people?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I guess my odds were pretty good in this game, but as a role-blocker I was happy even from N1 I had PRs picked out and never blocked a vanilla. :D

I had a good time all and all. I had my claim all planned out from D1, I knew quite a bit more about the flavor then I was willing to let on and I picked the wrong Ansem and such on purpose to strengthen my claim. My obvious 'doh' style mistake was I didn't think up a rolename for the claim I'd thought up and I was caught with the bag on that one.

I loved the set-up, I have only one complaint. The method of distributing Sajin was ewww at best, I'm not sure if you meant for him to fall into town hands but it was almost ensured and having to be on watching for day starts to get an additional faction member is a bit lame especially since it turned out to be a game-making play as you noted.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm gonna call this a 'W' for me anyway. =P

Seriously though, I'm pissed off I got modkilled so early, this was a fantastic game. DGB definitely gets my town MVP, and Starbuck almost pulled off a great win. Had she claimed VT, then waited a day or two and switched it to a BP claim, I think it may have been more believable and might have won her the game. BP claims are always a bit tricky, though. The two different scumteams... well, they got picked off preeeeetty early. Except for Shotty (which, it blows my mind he was allowed to live that long).

Overall, this was an awesome performance by town. Congrats on the win.
green shirt thursdays
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Sajin »

Shotty to the Body wrote:I guess my odds were pretty good in this game, but as a role-blocker I was happy even from N1 I had PRs picked out and never blocked a vanilla. :D

I had a good time all and all. I had my claim all planned out from D1, I knew quite a bit more about the flavor then I was willing to let on and I picked the wrong Ansem and such on purpose to strengthen my claim. My obvious 'doh' style mistake was I didn't think up a rolename for the claim I'd thought up and I was caught with the bag on that one.

I loved the set-up, I have only one complaint. The method of distributing Sajin was ewww at best, I'm not sure if you meant for him to fall into town hands but it was almost ensured and having to be on watching for day starts to get an additional faction member is a bit lame especially since it turned out to be a game-making play as you noted.
While I agree, I did notice that Slicey posted the exact time that the thread was to be open later on (Duh, I was paying a ton of attention to the thread at this time. Since I would of received instant notification of my whole scum team, etc etc). I think it was fair.

Its better than random imo as it would of been narrowed down to people who were on at that time.

I am curious though at who was "ineligible" for the shiny as noted on day 2.

Btw, I am fairly certain that even had I joined mafia or the SK, I would not have been able to make factional kills. I would like to know the answer though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Iecerint »

Slicey, I somewhat dispute your claim that flavor analysis was designed to hurt the town. Namely, the Cloud claim on Sephiroth -- not that that required terribly sophisticated flavor knowledge.

Since SB went last, I would've picked a different fakerole at that point. Maybe Ariel.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Sajin »

Also, the shiny distribution method rewarded activity (not a bad thing to do) and my role was also designed to give lots to talk about. It was really quite elegant that way.

Day 1: Mod Voice discussion

Day 2: Shiny Discussion

Later on: Recruitable Mason, Joat/Wish, unaligned discussion.

Who liked all of my quoted game script to go along with my role? (that all came from me, not Slicey....Gorrad even figured out some of the breadcrumbed stuff :P)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

Hmm? Does COURAGE have to do with the summons? I already forgot about all that. And I certainly didn't recognize it as game script.

Slicey, I noticed in the Green Room that you don't think you made a canon error by indicating that Riku would resemble "Ansem" rather than "Xehanort's Heartless" upon death, though you understand why people think a mistake was made. What's the basis of your belief?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I liked the D1 part of it, I guess I don't like the idea in general that one of the players has an 'unknown' alignment and all factions have to be balanced around that. Like Slicey said, the scum had to be weakened in case we received an extra member and the odds of scum receiving it were rather low. Just my opinion, I think it was done in a better way then just random rolling it to someone, but I don't like the concept at all tbh.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

If it makes you feel any better, I spent the whole game somewhat grumpy that 2 town players were modkilled for grouchy behavior. Sajin's alignment helped contextualize it some. :P

I miss Reckoner's MLP avatar. :(
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Slicey »

Sajin wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:I guess my odds were pretty good in this game, but as a role-blocker I was happy even from N1 I had PRs picked out and never blocked a vanilla. :D

While I agree, I did notice that Slicey posted the exact time that the thread was to be open later on (Duh, I was paying a ton of attention to the thread at this time. Since I would of received instant notification of my whole scum team, etc etc). I think it was fair.

Its better than random imo as it would of been narrowed down to people who were on at that time.

I am curious though at who was "ineligible" for the shiny as noted on day 2.

Btw, I am fairly certain that even had I joined mafia or the SK, I would not have been able to make factional kills. I would like to know the answer though.
Everyone was eligible for the shiny. And you couldn't make the kills, remember your rules?

Iecerint, basically, Riku looked like Heartless Ansem, who looked like old Ansem before he became DiZ. It was supposed to be like nobody realized it was Riku. If someone who didn't know Riku went up to him, that person would look at him and say Ansem the Wise, not Ansem's Heartless. But I could see why people thought it could be like Ansem's Heartless because that's what he turned into. But don't forget that Ansem's Heartless looks just how Ansem the Wise used to look before he discovered the Heartless.

Also, in hindsight, I did give Starbuck a very bad claim. Apologies.

Shotty, I thought it was fair in that everyone had a chance to get it. I wanted to make it look like it might not be good if it was picked up, in hopes to make people hesitate before grabbing it. Which didn't work, because Ray PM'ed me within seconds of the post. XD Also what Sajin said. I did post the time the thread would be open.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Iecerint »

Oh. Is it just DiZ that has blonde hair? I figured only the Heartless looked scary. :P

And it's Xehanort's Heartless, not Ansem's! Innit? As I said, I've only played up to Ursula in the original game.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Sajin »

Shotty to the Body wrote:I liked the D1 part of it, I guess I don't like the idea in general that one of the players has an 'unknown' alignment and all factions have to be balanced around that. Like Slicey said, the scum had to be weakened in case we received an extra member and the odds of scum receiving it were rather low. Just my opinion, I think it was done in a better way then just random rolling it to someone, but I don't like the concept at all tbh.
I think 9 scum of 27 was quite enough already, yet you think you were weakened? (And heck factoring in the 2 modkills, 9/25. That is 36 percent scum!)

I distinctly remember praying please don't dayvig me....as I was immune to being killed while post restricted and I could not claim that and it would of led to my lynch most likely.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Slicey »

Shotty to the Body wrote:I liked the D1 part of it, I guess I don't like the idea in general that one of the players has an 'unknown' alignment and all factions have to be balanced around that. Like Slicey said, the scum had to be weakened in case we received an extra member and the odds of scum receiving it were rather low. Just my opinion, I think it was done in a better way then just random rolling it to someone, but I don't like the concept at all tbh.
They really weren't weakened that much, if at all. Actually your mafia may have gotten a little stronger because I removed Oogie Boogie Poisoner and replaced it with Ursula Doctor. I don't remember exactly what I did to the Nobody Mafia, but I know I removed a role and added the vote thief. Don't remember what the original role was.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Sajin »

And yes I remembered my rules!

I would of had a ridiculous time explaining my real role if I had been sided with scum anyways.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ Ooh, I'd been wondering where Oogie Boogie went.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Slicey »

The other Nobody role was Demyx, Nobody Janitor.

Also, other roles that were originally in but were cut out:

Donald, Town Magician (kind of like a JoaT, except he wouldn't know what action would do what)
Goofy, Town Awesome Guy (unlynchable Double Voter, obviously broken and was removed right away)
Kairi, Resilient Beloved Princess (one shot BP)
Jiminy, Lie Detector

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”