Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by water_foul »

just chiming in and i guess i will

Vote: Water_foul

and then

Unvote

for the hilarity of it :)
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:15 am

Post by water_foul »

farside22 wrote:I personally hate as a player night start games. Anyone who signs up looking forward to playing the game dies N0 and all that excitement to play is shut down without a word.
I agree with this and it only does good for the mafia. The mafia knows who isn't mafia so they can kill indiscriminately and the town doesn't get any information out of it except if the mafia got lucky.
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by water_foul »

Light wrote:What is the meaning of your username?
waterfoul=an uncommon spelling for waterfowl and i have a webbed toe

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by water_foul »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@water_foul: Why did you answer a question I think was meant for Excedrin?
Ithought it was a general question aimed at everyone to stir discussion

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by water_foul »

Excedrin wrote:
water_foul wrote:I agree with this and it only does good for the mafia. The mafia knows who isn't mafia so they can kill indiscriminately and the town doesn't get any information out of it except if the mafia got lucky.
How does town get information if mafia gets lucky?
If mafia gets lucky then town knows they are one less super, i said information, not good intel

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by water_foul »

Sorry for the double post, i saw this question too late
Excedrin wrote:Not Voting (4): hewitt, Light, McGriddle, water_foul

Why aren't you participating in RVS?
I usually err on the side of caution as i don't have enough mafia experience to do much more than jump on a bandwagon while not hammering. I have accidentally hammered before and got lynched for it (was town) so i won't make that mistake again.... Also if it looks like i'm lurking it is because, again, i don't have much mafia experience so i don't know how to jump into RVS RQS type stuff. I will be much more active day 2.

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:12 am

Post by water_foul »

Mindgamer wrote:Because on Day 2 you will suddenly have lots more experience? Huh? Is this your way of asking a freepass to Day 2?
No, Day 2 is much more like all other days but because Day is unique so it takes more games to actually be able to accomplish anything in this stage and not get in the way of the town. I am not there yet so instead of getting in the way day 1 I let others flush out the scum.
McGriddle wrote:@Water_foul: What would you do if your number 1 suspect who was at L-1 suddenly claimed a PR?
Day 1: I would proceed very cautiously and would definitely no hammer as, like I said above about Day 1, I don't have much experience in this realm.

Day 2+: I would begin to drill them about their PR especially in this game as the only PR is Mason. In this game I would also watch for one to three quick votes on that person right after they Role Claimed as this these are most likely the masons jumping on as they know that person is not a mason.

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 am

Post by water_foul »

Light wrote:its based on pressure. we'd usually just pick at random because there is pretty much nothing to go by. however the more you exert pressure onto someone with attacks and votes, the likely we'll ened up going somewhere. I'd also like to add that these forum based mafia games take much longer than any other variation/setup i've played.
I agree with this so does any one get any scum vibes from any one else or should we exert pressure randomly?

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:43 am

Post by water_foul »

I agree that Disco is playing very anti town but he doesn't look that scummy to me. Also to answer a question directed at me.
Excedrin wrote:
water_foul wrote:I agree with this so does any one get any scum vibes from any one else or should we exert pressure randomly?
What do you think?
This isn't the response I was looking for but it looks like the town chose to pretty much apply randomly. I am a fan of pressure on those whom are lurking or not posting to try to get more people active in the conversation so we have more to go on day two so I will follow
Mindgamer wrote:I don't like how Pwnman hasn't said anything yet outside his RVS vote and RQT answer.

Unvote. Vote: Pwnman
and
Unvote. Vote: Pwnman

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by water_foul »

kunkstar7 wrote:@water_foul: you just voting pwnman for being a lurker? Would you support a lurker policy lynch?

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by water_foul »

OOPS sorry I clicked the wrong button.... Anyway the text that was supposed to go with that quote is:

If you had read the text from that post you would have known that that vote is mainly to apply pressure and see if he jumps at it so we can get more activity and get a better feel for the players in this game

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 am

Post by water_foul »

Disco, please stop saying you don't care about this game because that seems very anti-town to me and you have been posting a lot of fluff... The other thing you have been doing a lot of which is making my scum meter go crazy is defense by ridicule. Instead of properly defending yourself you just attack those who are putting you under the magnifying glass which, from my point of view, looks like you are scum without a good alibi...

McGriddle, you have been buddying so stop denying it...

don_johnson, please explain this
don_johnson wrote:hm. i'm with adam.

unvote, vote: excedrin

he's giving me a headache. :)
Particularly who is adam and why someone giving you a headache is a good reason to vote for them

These three are currently screaming scum team to me... Does any one else get this read?

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 am

Post by water_foul »

don_johnson wrote:the name of the game is "friends and enemies". pointing out connections on day 1 is poor form. i.e. i was asked ealier about my strategy given the open set-up of a game and answered that it alters my strategy. most important thing for town to do is keep the mason's hidden as long as possible. with a three mason team we need to realize that there are two informed minority's and not just one. further, the accusations of "buddying" are not all that applicable in this set-up either. as the masons need to try and hide their identities and the identities of their partners, so to do vanilla's need to "act" like they are masons in order to draw nks away from the real mason team thereby increasing the chances of a town win.
Ok, as I stated earlier I am not very good at day one and I will take this under advisement
don_johnson wrote:what would a proper defense look like?
Attacking the question and showing that he isn't doing what he is being accused of
don_johnson wrote:the only place to cast suspicion is on ones attackers or on lurkers, both actions which can then easily be twisted into "scumtells" by lynchthirsty scum.
When I was talking about attacks a lot of them were not accusations and suspicion specifically
DiscoRoboto wrote: Do you see everything about this game as a big joke?
Everything? No. The town atm? Yes
and
DiscoRoboto wrote:The noob card? Where have I played the noob card? I'm playing the 'not really interested' card.
etc.
Albeit these are not that scummy and I just brought it out, I didn't vote on it. I would still like to see pwnman about even more now as this is getting past the point of "I couldn't read for a few days" and to the point of lurking IMHO
don_johnson wrote: + 1 scum point for water_foul for poor posting.
Again, I am a relative noob especially to forum based mafia
PaltryExcuse wrote:This is the second time you've looked at town for approval. You're number two on my list right now.
Again I am not very good at day one so I use the town to confirm my suspicions as I am usually wrong.

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:30 am

Post by water_foul »

Mindgamer wrote:
water_foul
These three are currently screaming scum team to me... Does any one else get this read?
Not me. Don't you think it's a bit early to already start calling scumteams?
Probably now that i think about it but I was just putting my 2c out there, keeping the town on their toes is always good. If no-one else got the same vibe oh well, it looks like it has just put more scrutiny on me which is fine. Either way it generated some conversation which is good.

Pwnman, I believe there is a lot of votes piled apon you so in the spirit of getting the conversation started and you involved please answer the following.

Do you think the votes are warranted?

Do you have any suspicions on anyone?

Couldn't think of a third question sorry :oops:

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:16 am

Post by water_foul »

DiscoRoboto wrote: Outing masons by saying that stuff? Nah, I think an effort like that would be in vain, masons cant be stupid enough to get outted like that, that also counts if it's about Don, who, as you can guess by his posts, isn't dumb.
I think this is backtracking, I don't believe this one bit because this is the first mention of anyone being a mason. Please Disco please don't feed us this... I know I am not the only one who expected this and doesn't buy this so please try harder next time.....

unvote

I will be voting DiscoRoboto after a votecount, I'm choosing the rather safe than sorry approach. IMO even if the town thinks they have found a scum wasting daylight isn't good for the town.

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 am

Post by water_foul »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
I will be voting DiscoRoboto after a votecount,
As in, you will vote me if it won't hammer?
Yes only because I would like the day to run it's course, at this point I am pretty sure you are scum but instead of hammering you and cutting the day short I still think there is much to gain from a longer day.

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 am

Post by water_foul »

farside22 wrote:seeing this I'm curious to know if WF would put Disco at l-1.
Yes I would, like I said I believe that he is scum but I want a full day

Return to “Completed Open Games”