Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by CSL »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 3 ) Rhinox Hoopla popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) evilsnail
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 6 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Raskol Maelyn
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

Just lynch pops, and teleport me.

Rhinox seems to be pushing the policy lynch thing. He, and about two(?) others are doing it, actually. Possible scum? I don't see why Rhinox is town.

These are just my findings. Don't have to follow them.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

popsofctown wrote: I'm gonna have to start looking past my lynch a little bit now. While I didn't like the case on evilsnail earlier, he's not coming strong on my wagon, you should look at him after I flip. Maybe not farside anymore. I'm starting to think she's just stubborn and doesn't get anything.
You followed me and had me as town all day 1. Today is how dare you call me a follower to look at farside follow bs, bs, bs. Now it's I'm stubborn.
Lets see I called you out, you trumped up the second worse case I ever had on myself (as town) in so long. It was look at all her votes and unvotes and look she never said shit case that I take so much issue with. It was crystal clear reading your views on me it was done in isolation for to you to just gloss over my reason's for votes and say look at this unvote, vote crap is just in my view scum trying to make a case better then it actually is.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

umad?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I figured out something thats been bothering me about DGB. ABR-scum wouldn't be pursuing a personal vendetta, he would just be trying to force mislynch. For ABR to be tunneling because of a personal vendetta, that would point to ABR being town. DGB is arguing that a personal vendetta from ABR makes ABR scum, and that is just not the case.

Unless ABR has a vendetta that puts lynching DGB above his wincon regardless of allignment, which makes the tunneling a null tell, but makes ABR anti-town for doing so.
Clearly town aligned analysis like this.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Hoopla »

mykonian wrote:we don't agree on the scumminess, but we do agree about the antitown play?

Policy is the only reason we can lynch CSL. And sending him is alike sending any lurker we have now. And finally messing with the other universe (although not productive) would feel good.
This is an amazing reason to teleport CSL. Image

But really, saying a teleport is like a lynch is very untrue. The similarities are they're both removed from your town - but lynches confirm their alignment. Confirming CSL's alignment won't prove very informative, say compared to a pops lynch.

So if we're getting rid of both players, we may as well confirm the alignment of someone that actually did...something. Plus making him Universe Ones' problem will be hilarious.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Ojanen »

CSL wrote:Rhinox seems to be pushing the policy lynch thing.
False, actually.

Hoopla, so you seem to prefer a pops lynch to a CSL one? Why does your vote not reflect that?

More later.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Ojanen wrote:
CSL wrote:Rhinox seems to be pushing the policy lynch thing.
False, actually.

Hoopla, so you seem to prefer a pops lynch to a CSL one? Why does your vote not reflect that?

More later.
You're right, thanks Ojanen!

Unvote, vote: pops
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by evilsnail »

mykonian wrote:
Evilsnail
, why are you on Fishy?
I've had a gut feeling about him since about halfway through Day 1, from his discussion of a slip you made. And the way he jumped on my wagon earlier today was unconvincing to me. He's a very reasonable player, so he doesn't trip up that clearly.

I still like a pops lynch today. Won't vote yet, because I think he's at L-1, but I will hammer if nothing changes.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

myko wrote:Yep, CSL just jumps on because he can. And like I said before
I actually think he is town
myko wrote:Policy is the only reason we can lynch CSL. And sending him is alike sending any lurker we have now. And finally messing with the other universe (although not productive) would feel good.
unvote, vote myko

If you think he is town, you should not want to send him to the OU regardless of how he is playing. That is willingly removing someone you believe to be town from our universe, which would bring mafia closer to a majority.

Also, weren't you just arguing a little while ago that pulling someone would be beneficial? Why now are you so pro-tele CSL? linky

By the way, with CSL it seems as if he is activly trying to get us to teleport him into the OU. I don't know why anyone would want to get teleported as a strategy, but I don't think we should ablidge him anyways.
Ojanen wrote:Rhinox, do you have something to comment on my case on you?

not really... Your whole case seems to be explaining my actions as if I were scum, rather than using my actions to show how I am scum.

>_>

ok, ok. I'll go back and look.
Ojanen wrote:Rhinox iso 10 seems like it could be a deliberate approach to the biggest wagon at that point (DGB).
Prior to it Rhinox has only mentioned DGB a little, in positive light for the early stance of myko's self meta question being scummy.
Unless you explain how it was a deliberate approach to the biggest wagon, and show evidence that I only took that approach BECAUSE it was the biggest wagon, I can not respond to a baseless circular accusation like this (i.e., the statement only points to me being scum if you start it out with "If rhinox is scum", so its circular)
Ojanen wrote:Ugh. This says nothing except that it's damning unless it isn't.
Thats an overgeneralization and sort of misleading. The meta argument on DGB as presented made her seem scummy, but it would not make her seem as scummy if she acted the same way as town. No different semantically than when players try to connect scum pairs before one of them flipped, or calling someone scummy dependant on the flip of a certain player that hasn't happened yet. Those, and pretty much all accusations can be boiled down to "Its scummy unless it isn't"
Ojanen wrote:+echoes Fishy about DGB being scummy for not paying enough attention on who actually answered mykos question (though he originally liked DGB's stance on the scumminess of the question itself).
Yeah, cuz fishy made a good point. And yeah, DGB's response to mykos question and those who answered I agreed with, but DGB wasn't following up on it consistently. Those are two different issues, so me liking DGB's initial response has nothing to do with DGB not paying attention to her solid scum tells.
Ojanen wrote:Next mention of DGB is straight up this:
and
Is there an accusation in there somewhere?
Ojanen wrote:Bad context reading btw, DGB asked specifically for 5 names and that's where the CSL townread referred to.
No, I believe I still am right. DGB's reason for calling CSL town was and still is horrible. Scum don't want to have a lot of town reads because it limits the pool of players they can justify mislynching. CSL had no trouble coming up with 5 scum names either, which also fits CSL-scum because if a hypo scum is suspicious of lots of people, thats lots of people CSL can be willing to just jump on to mislynch, and can be effective distancing if he listed his scum partners as scum.
Ojanen wrote:Very small thing, but the wording slightly bothers me due to its activeness. (I associate to a need to find a reason.)
And votes DGB to L-1.
I think elvis brings a good point in this post about the L-1 reasoning - it's basically again the same kind of porridge as the DGB meta being damning unless she does it as town too.
Bad wording? steller scum tell there :roll:

I didn't "need to find a reason" to vote DGB, I could have voted her for any of my other reasons I already gave.

regarding elvis' post:
elvis wrote:First paragraph makes sense and gives a good reason for voting dgb, but then second paragraph makes his first reason null. Then he flips back and says he doesn't have and firsthand knowledge of any personal vendetta, so he's going to discount the whole thing and still vote dgb because she is "flailing and looks scummy."
The second paragraph doesn't make the first paragraph null unless the "unless" condition is shown to be true, so you can't just say my second paragraph voids the first - its just me considering other possibilities, rather than only zeroing in on the possibility that moves forward my agenda. Redarding the flailing and scummy, I was trying to avoid having to quote lots of posts. But that still doesn't void the "DGB calling ABR scum based on the personal vendetta" point that I made and was still part of the reason I chose to put DGB to L-1 and ask for a claim.
Ojanen wrote:After mason claim and before N1, comes online twice with several posts and an unvote, but they are mostly teleporting theory - no new vote, not going back to earlier CSL vote even though he eyerolls at CSL's bandwagoning, no real comment other than that about ABR lynch that is happening although he earlier expressed not being suspicious of ABR.
@most of this paragraph: is there an accusation in there somewhere?

@the last sentence: 'scuse me? I don't recall ever being or implying being pro-lynch on ABR. I was never realy suspicious of ABR.
Ojanen wrote:Plus there is definite U1 scum motivation for this [lynching eli].
I didn't want to lynch eli. I wanted him to think he was under pressure and have to be forced to react.

And just as an aside, since the OU didn't feel like playing hot potato with DGB for us, it would have been better to ask DGB to claim her partner and then go to night first and steal him, so we'd have a confirmed inno today and we'd know exactly who the scum would be killing tonight. That didn't work out, but we can still pull the other mason over here tonight and have a confirmed inno for tomorrow. I figured out who it is based on DGB's clues.

by the way csl...
csl wrote:PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE SCUM:

evilsnail - Scummy posts
Fishy - See above
Raskol - Not here.
Albert B. Rampage - Not scumhunting enough
elvis_knits - Meta

PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE TOWN:

DGB - Excellent scumhunting
pops - 'Nuff said

Ojanen (Leading Neutral) - Lack of scumslips/tells
(I really can't find anything else)
csl wrote:Also, from the looks of it, the majority is saying pops is scum. Rhinox said pops is town.

Odd..
<snip>
L-2...

Vote: pops

I agree to my teleporting. I really don't care.
Care to explain? (not that I really expect an answer) Anyone else even care about this at all?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:57 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way, with CSL it seems as if he is activly trying to get us to teleport him into the OU. I don't know why anyone would want to get teleported as a strategy, but I don't think we should ablidge him anyways.
Why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Ellibereth »

This is still going on?
Can someone please hammer, kthx.
FLASH OF GREEN
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Haylen »

Me and Mae are discussing things. Seems like I'm a hydra disaster - had exactly the same problem with Zazie.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Gayle »

CSL should replace out. If we send CSL to U2, he will only waste their time instead of ours. If he doesn't care about the game, then we should just get a player who does, rather than risk sending away a townie.

As with following my usual pattern of every other post essentially being "I'll post later", I will try to post actual content later.

Also
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Gayle »

Damned Haylen, always making me look stupid.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Scummy players coming in here can run and hide with the amount of people who like to chat. over at U2 not as much chatter gives scum less chance to lurk.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 am

Post by farside22 »

pops would it be fair to say in a game of mafia as town you are more caution with your vote? I noticed one of the games you linked where you played with Rhino and you voted once after many thoughts, comments made during that day.
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Maelyn »

Gayle wrote: Image
Heh, if you got that from a game I'm modding then you really are stupid.
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Maelyn »

PS. Yes, I've been inactive this week, mostly across the boards. I was doing...stuff :roll:
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Maelyn »

Ok, I am going to try and take this one on by myself until Mae posts. I may be slightly inactive - main reason I wanted a hydra is due to a very busy schedule and because i generally find theme games complicated. So bare with me please.

In the meantime can someone explain the current cases ect?

~*H*~
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by mykonian »

Rhinox wrote:
myko wrote:Yep, CSL just jumps on because he can. And like I said before
I actually think he is town
myko wrote:Policy is the only reason we can lynch CSL. And sending him is alike sending any lurker we have now. And finally messing with the other universe (although not productive) would feel good.
unvote, vote myko

If you think he is town, you should not want to send him to the OU regardless of how he is playing. That is willingly removing someone you believe to be town from our universe, which would bring mafia closer to a majority.

Also, weren't you just arguing a little while ago that pulling someone would be beneficial? Why now are you so pro-tele CSL? linky
you are really really really trying hard to make a case on me.

I have nowhere said that I want to teleport CSL specifically, I have said that teleporting him would be alike teleporting any other lurker (who weren't named at that time), and a reason would be to mess with them, but nothing helpfull.

I have never said I think CSL scum. I have only said, multiple times, that people saying the have a case on CSL are arguing for a policy lynch, since they haven't got a bit, since none of them uses CSL's meta.

So this series of misinterpretations and strawmans is really horrible. It is not hard to show inconsistencies this way, Rhinox, if you misinterprete half of what I'm saying.

Goodnight, and I'll hope to have ordened thoughts tomorrow.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

So this series of misinterpretations and strawmans is really horrible. It is not hard to show inconsistencies this way, Rhinox, if you misinterprete half of what I'm saying.
I have no idea how this feels. How about you EK you know how this feel? :roll:
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by mykonian »

farside22 wrote:
Why?
The only reason I can think of is that he lives longer that way.

And gayle, you don't find replacements for games this big, though it would be a good idea.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by mykonian »

farside22 wrote:
Oh, I'm so very sorry for you, and your sad problems.

And this doesn't have anything to do with Rhinox clearly doing it here. And you wait for your turn. You can say I misinterpreted you for a whole page long after I got everything ordened in one post.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Personally, I would teleport mykonian.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

mykonian wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Oh, I'm so very sorry for you, and your sad problems.

And this doesn't have anything to do with Rhinox clearly doing it here. And you wait for your turn. You can say I misinterpreted you for a whole page long after I got everything ordened in one post.
You misinterperted myself many pages ago. I don't feel like rehashing this unless you feel up for it.
But I'm waiting in baited breathe for that why I'm scum post. It should be most entertaining.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”