921 Space Quest Mafia (officially Mod Abandoned)

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

ksen wrote:It's OMGUS! because you are saying "It looks like you used the wiki, OMGUS!"
It looks like you need to read the wiki XD. OMGUS is when the main reason you vote someone is because they are/were voting you.
DDD wrote:I am making an effort, to harass you into making a mistake I can lynch you for.
Wut? Um... am I missing something here?

Why pick Dramonic over anyone else? To me, this seems more personal then game related. MUCH more personal. While personal things are fine, it is VERY bad play to bring things outside of the game into it (excluding meta and references)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Zang »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Unvote, Vote: ksen

His scumlist looks like he just read the wiki for the first time and applied what he saw there without any thought. I'm going to assume he's slightly smarter than dramonic and that he's capable of some critical thought. The fact that he didn't use any suggests scum to me.
why is it bad to use the wiki?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by pwnman »

Really. Why is it bad to use the wiki?
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by dramonic »

Because you're just trying to copy paste tells you read there and twist a situation to fit the mold. You probably don't even find it scummy yourself.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

While i don't beleive that using the wiki is scummy... unless you go too far. It's perfectly fine to use the wiki, read up on some good strategies, learn some new definitions etc. however, if you comepletely devote you're life to the wiki you've just gone too far. examples of this are: Doing EXACTLY what the wiki says in a certain cituation, saying something is scummy just because the wiki says so, or following https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ding_Mafia Word for word. I just can't stand this page or any of the ones like this (Sorry for the slight tangent here, just had to say it :P)

So overall, using the wiki is fine (I would actually slightly encourage it actually) just as long as you don't go overboard.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

dramonic wrote:Because you're just trying to copy paste tells you read there and twist a situation to fit the mold. You probably don't even find it scummy yourself.
Wow, what just happened here? You actually adequately explained that point that three other people couldn't think of, I'm floored.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

ksen wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:How is it OMGUS? I was buried in the middle-bottom of your scumlist.

~~~

V/LA through Sunday
It's OMGUS! because you are saying "It looks like you used the wiki, OMGUS!"

Please post a list of everyone playing with your thoughts on them.
OMGUS is when you vote for someone simply because they vote for you. If you'd actually read the wiki you'd know that, so that sort of refutes my point. But you've drawn my ire anyways so the vote stands for your failures.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:32 am

Post by ksen »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:OMGUS is when you vote for someone simply because they vote for you. If you'd actually read the wiki you'd know that, so that sort of refutes my point. But you've drawn my ire anyways so the vote stands for your failures.
Let me get this straight. It's now obvious that I didn't use the wiki, which I didn't, but you are going to keep your vote on me anyways? Odd.

And this is my third request to you for a read on the players. Why are you avoiding giving a read?

The only thing I'm not sure about right now is if what you are doing is scummy behavior or just poor-play behavior.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote: Ksen
: For the defensive play style and continually asking people what their reads are.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:41 am

Post by ksen »

@The Buttonmen: Are you sure that vote is not for putting you at the top of my scumlist?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:43 am

Post by dramonic »

oooooh, isn't that a scary lil prospect <<
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

ksen wrote:@The Buttonmen: Are you sure that vote is not for putting you at the top of my scumlist?
Yes.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

I DO NOT like the votes on ksen. From what I've read, there are really three reasons for it:
1. Because of his failures - Yeah... because not knowing what OMGUS is is a really good reason to vote someone! [/sarcasm] It may be a n00b mistake but it certainly isn't enough to vote someone for.
2. Because of his defensive playstyle - Maybe I'm misunderstanding you or something but I don't think someone should be voted because of their playstyle. care to clarify?
3. Because he asked for reads - Wut? Reads usually HELP the town so why are you voting someone for that?

Anyway, @DDD and Buttonman- Can you show me any specific cases where you think ksen was scummy enough to be voted?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Its not that hes asking for reasons for votes, he is wanting people to lay out scum lists. Also note what he did when I voted for him, immediatly tried to portray it as OMGUS. When I say defensive I'm referring to things like that.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Spambot »

TheButtonmen wrote:Its not that hes asking for reasons for votes, he is wanting people to lay out scum lists. Also note what he did when I voted for him, immediatly tried to portray it as OMGUS. When I say defensive I'm referring to things like that.
It isn't scummy to ask people for their reads, why do you think it is?

And being defensive is NOT a scum tell. Anybody who thinks differently, I will battle you to the death over this. Seriously, over defensive is more than likely to be a scared newbie townie then retarded newbie scum. At worst, it's usually a non-tell. I actually think ksen calling everybody on OMGUS is because he's super paranoid town.

And YOU are manufacturing goofy reasons to justify your vote, partially after the fact.

Vote: buttonmen
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Spambot wrote: It isn't scummy to ask people for their reads

At this point in the game asking multiple people to make scum lists is something I find scummy.

Spambot wrote:Seriously, over defensive is more than likely to be a scared newbie townie then retarded newbie scum. At worst, it's usually a non-tell. I actually think ksen calling everybody on OMGUS is because he's super paranoid town.

He's not newbtown, he's been playing twice as long as I have.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Spambot »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Spambot wrote: It isn't scummy to ask people for their reads

At this point in the game asking multiple people to make scum lists is something I find scummy.
This sentence doesn't mean anything. What is this point of the game, why is it relevant, and why is it scummy? Why the HECK is it scummy to ask people for their opinions at any point? That's what this game is about, dude.
Spambot wrote:Seriously, over defensive is more than likely to be a scared newbie townie then retarded newbie scum. At worst, it's usually a non-tell. I actually think ksen calling everybody on OMGUS is because he's super paranoid town.

He's not newbtown, he's been playing twice as long as I have.
You're missing the point. The point is you need to justify calling these things scummy, not just throw it out there and starting waving your hand at us. I don't care how much experience he has, explain to me why he is scum and not just being overly paranoid town.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Buttonman wrote:At this point in the game asking multiple people to make scum lists is something I find scummy.
Umm... Why? I see no reason how this is scummy. It neither helps scum or hurts town and in fact helps the town. You are saying that its scummy but give no reason why. As spambot said, this game is mostly about opinions. such s reads.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

I'm of the opinion that it helps scum more then town at this point in the day, as it helps scum see who is putting forward a viewpoint they like vs who's putting forth one that's more disadventagus to scum. Thus allowing them to steer debate/kills more effectivly. I say at this point in the game as the more the game progresses the more information town has to work, thus gets more out of the publicly debating their reads on everyone and scum can already tell who the best kills are.

Tldr version: I feel that with the amount of content generated so far scum gets more out of every posting their scum reads then town does. Thus I feel that it's best to only explain things such as votes at the moment.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by ksen »

TheButtonmen wrote:He's not newbtown, he's been playing twice as long as I have.
lol, this is my second game on this site.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Spambot »

TheButtonmen wrote:I'm of the opinion that it helps scum more then town at this point in the day, as it helps scum see who is putting forward a viewpoint they like vs who's putting forth one that's more disadventagus to scum. Thus allowing them to steer debate/kills more effectivly. I say at this point in the game as the more the game progresses the more information town has to work, thus gets more out of the publicly debating their reads on everyone and scum can already tell who the best kills are.

Tldr version: I feel that with the amount of content generated so far scum gets more out of every posting their scum reads then town does. Thus I feel that it's best to only explain things such as votes at the moment.
You are still not getting it. This is like pulling teeth.

WHY is that scummy and not just him playing bad, in your opinion? You are saying why you think it is poor play, and I disagree, but why is that scummy and not just a townie playing poorly?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by dramonic »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Buttonman wrote:At this point in the game asking multiple people to make scum lists is something I find scummy.
Umm... Why? I see no reason how this is scummy. It neither helps scum or hurts town and in fact helps the town. You are saying that its scummy but give no reason why. As spambot said, this game is mostly about opinions. such s reads.
Its not a very hard concept. If scum has a good amount of the town's scumreads in the open, all they have to do is kill the towniest in general opinion. The others will get mislynched.
I'm a hoot
pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by pwnman »

I agree
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Spambot:
How did you know Ksen was a newb? His join date doesn't suggest it and the view all posts by player button doesn't work.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

dramonic wrote:Its not a very hard concept. If scum has a good amount of the town's scumreads in the open, all they have to do is kill the towniest in general opinion. The others will get mislynched.
But then the town won't get to hear others opinions of who scum is too... Besides, it's really not that hard for the scum to pick out the most townie player themselves.

And @buttonmen- You ignored spampbots question- Why is it scummy and not just a townie playing badly and why refuse to answer the question?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”