Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Jahudo »

VP Baltar wrote:Happy birthday, Jahudo!
All I want for my birthday is some scum flips :wink:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Porkens »

VP Baltar wrote:Sorry Spy, I was very happy to compromise on the Sotty/SC purge or Rhinox/SC purge, but you got greedy and wanted to take my interests out.

I did what I had to do.
You thought you had hammered one person when you wrote this, didn't you?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Porkens »

VP Baltar wrote:Sorry Spy, I was very happy to compromise on the Sotty/SC purge or Rhinox/SC purge, but you got greedy and wanted to take my interests out.

I did what I had to do.
Actually, no, you couldn't ahve thought that. Why are you apologizing?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Herodotus »

I'd prefer that I could wait and say this during the next incantation, but I could be dead then. The next best thing is to post it as late as possible so it might be too late for the scum to change their actions. Sadly, I'll be out for the next few hours for the same reason I was out during the last 2-3 hours before the purge.

I believe that VPB is lying. I think that's all I will say for now.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Mighty Orbots wrote:Hmm, I can't say I like to see VP Baltar double crossing people. Though I don't know who fingers is so maybe it's OK given the context.

<insert drum roll here>

And if he really is intentionally being clever with that and letting us know that he's won in advance then I'll be particularly upset at myself for pointing out that someone gets it for him.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I didn't double cross anyone...I said I was double crossing my fingers that SC flips scum.
Jahudo wrote:All I want for my birthday is some scum flips
Don't deny the man on his birthday Vi! Have a heart.
Porkens wrote:Actually, no, you couldn't ahve thought that. Why are you apologizing?
I was apologizing because I didn't let Spy have just the two lynches he wanted.
Hero wrote:I believe that VPB is lying.
?

Ok, look forward to whatever you have to say.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:I didn't double cross anyone...I said I was double crossing my fingers that SC flips scum.
That was an extremely bad Troll joke.
Herodotus wrote:The next best thing is to post it as late as possible so it might be too late for the scum to change their actions.
Twilight's over in 3 hours...

Gonna read this mess once the flips come in.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Mighty Orbots wrote:Hmm, I can't say I like to see VP Baltar double crossing people. Though I don't know who fingers is so maybe it's OK given the context.

<insert drum roll here>
I think you mean a rimshot. As in, "ba dum tish". A drum roll is made in anticipation of something, like the next incantation.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Jahudo, thanks you, rimshot was what I thought I was looking for. I typed drum roll and thought it didn't look right. So I went and did a google search for 'sounds denoting a punchline' and the first entry there was http://free-loops.com/download-free-loop-4262.html which was enough to convince me that I was just second guessing my memory for no great reason. Blasted memory and it's unreliability for me.

It makes me slightly sad that either VP Baltar didn't see the joke there (or he saw it and now he's playing it straight and has me thinking he didn't see it.)

Oh, and content is lacking in these posts I've been making. At this point that's intentional. Content will start again after twilight ends.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Vi »

I just got in.
Your flips, which may or may not have scum among them, will come after I eat dinner, etc. I apologize for the wait.

Also, happy birthday Jahudo! Your avatar went from adorable to Cool since the last time I saw it~

And for VP Baltar, Orbots, and whoever else--This should be of use.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Hmph. I'm back. I should have waited to make post 728. I'll wait until the next incantation to go into what I was talking about.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

That was insane - pages and pages of quickfire posts that culminated in a triple purge in such an unexpected fashion. How many doublevoters are there, for crying out loud? I'm not very happy about it ending with a triple purge becasue that seemed rather reckless and unnecessary, especially on Day 1. That said, I still suspect that SC is scum and that Rhinox is probably a third party, so I suppose it could have been worse, but geez, can we not be so purge-happy tomorrow?

More after twilight ends.

Regards,
Jazz
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Vi »

The Luxomen pillar had grown to the point where it was starting to blaze out of control. In a panic, the high cultists channeled and rechanneled their sinister powers toward each other and even themselves in a mad rush to prevent the forbidden force from consuming them all...

And all at once, the milky tornado seemed to lash out toward three of the conduits, seemingly reaching for and grabbing the hapless leaders who could only stand and watch as...

---

Not all of the figures in this void were completely restrained by the light of day. The constituents of a nearby church would arrive this coming Sunday and wonder what had possibly happened to their guest preacher, one who was known to travel from town to town and hold unannounced revivals. They would never have guessed his true affinity, but perhaps that was for the best...

To contrast, the world and history itself would mourn the loss of one of its most outstanding athletes; a multitalented superstar in his eclectic fields of high stakes engineering, full contact Mafia, and the extreme sport he brought to fame and is now wildly popular in Africa, rhinocross. A large reward was posted for any clues that could lead to his whereabouts, and many leads were presented, but none checked out save the ones that pointed him to a fringe religious group.

The third of the purged turned out to be one of the cult's matrons, cheekily dubbed Madame Reactionary by some. Her Purge came as a huge blow to morale, as while she was not the most liked of the cult's hierarchy, she was certainly one of the most experienced.

---

Most of the high cultists came to their other senses a few feet away from their conduits. It appeared that an explosion had occurred. The smell of burning flesh and metal filled the air. It wasn't the Luxomen; that killed rather cleanly. Something else had happened...

The charred body turned out to be that of a famous historian, one who secretly sought to write the story of the Dark takeover of the unsuspecting world. Alas, he would now only be a minor author credit in the books he helped to write.

The burnt metal belonged to a cultist whose robes had been incinerated, leaving a giant mecha behind. It was clearly deactivated from whatever had hit it, and was clearly NOT one of the cult's machinima. A heroic sense could be felt even from its lifeless corpse, but alas, it was only to be scrapped.

The Luxomen pillar still stood in the center of the room... almost beckoning as it pulsed in place, promising to be gentle for a while longer...

---

---
Rhinox
---
Light Assassin
--- Purged during Incantation I!!!

--Rhinox possessed the following abilities:
(F)
Still, Small Voice.

(F)
Aureola.

(P)
Multitasker.

(A)
Redirect.

(A)
Marketing.

---
SerialClergyman
---
Dark Eminence
--- Purged during Incantation I.

--SerialClergyman possessed the following abilities:

---
Sotty7
---
Dark Eminence
--- Purged during Incantation I...

--Sotty7 possessed the following abilities:
(A)
Doublevote.

(A)
Third Eye.

(A)
Gepenst.

---
Herodotus
---
Dark Eminence
--- Killed during Incantation I...

--Herodotus possessed the following abilities:
(P)
Destiny Bond.

(P)
Moychendising.

(A)
Summon.

--- Mighty Orbots ---
Light Assassin
--- Killed during Incantation I!!!

--Mighty Orbots possessed the following abilities:
(F)
Still, Small Voice.

(F)
Aureola.

(A)
Doublevote.

(A)
Telepathy.

(A)
Echoing Voice.

-----

Incantation:

--No Decision--
Nachomamma8,
Jahudo,
Jazzmyn,
Porkens,
SpyreX,
VP Baltar,
Gammagooey

-Incantation II has begun!

--At Intensity η, it will take 7 Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Sunday, February 21 2010...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hehhehe, mod, I
saw
that... I'm much less confused now ;)

Well, damn fine work boys. 3 for 2 has got to be good.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Haaaay
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Well, wrong about MO and Sotty, right about Rhinox and SC. Rereading a bit.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Awww, Vi... that was nice. You gave Jah his birthday present!

VP is hero for squeezing Rhinox into those purging...

I'm betting our two last scum in Gamma, Jazz, Porkens, and Jah.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Awww, Vi... that was nice. You gave Jah his birthday present!

VP is hero for squeezing Rhinox into those purging...

I'm betting our two last scum in Gamma, Jazz, Porkens, and Jah.

At no point did VP vote for Rhinox. VP even chastised me for not staying on SC by moving my vote onto Rhinox. He called a double-purge involving Rhinox a "compromise."

How can you say that VP squeezed Rhinox into the purge?

I'm fully behind calling him a hero. But I can't give him credit for including Rhinox.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

My bad then. Then you are a hero for squeezing Rhinox into the purge, better?

Sorry for the mistake; I'm tired right now and I'm procrastinating on writing a paper :(
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Hokay, thoughts.

VP pushed crazy hard on SC and was the reason why SC got lynched, tried to get a Sotty/SC lynch near the end of all the madness yesterday before forcing SC's lynch with his double vote.

I finally get to have a read on Porkens thanks to Rhino's pushing on him, slight town.

Nikanor is amazing, Nacho inherits his awesomeness. town.

I don't view Jahudo as townie as the rest of you do, and he didn't think Rhino was a good lynch, currently neutral/more-paranoid-about-him-than-the-rest-of-you.

SpyreX is still town.

Jazz i don't have a good read on one way or another.

Incant:VP Baltar
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Porkens »

So did you mix up names or think he actually voted Rhinox or pushed for him or were you just talking to talk?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Vi wrote:Also, happy birthday Jahudo! Your avatar went from adorable to Cool since the last time I saw it~
Thanks!

Its possible we don't have any more light mafia, like in Vi's Jailbreak Mafia that had 2 mafia and 1 sk. But its only speculation today so Rhinox/MO associative tells aren't going to be my complete focus, but neither am I going to ignore them. So...
Nachomamma8 wrote:My bad then. Then you are a hero for squeezing Rhinox into the purge, better?
Yeah, Porkens made the initial move to try and bring Rhinox back into the mass purge after we started planning for just SC and Sotty. I highly doubt he's scum with Rhinox/MO because that would have been preventable bussing.

Rhinox also focused on Nacho and Porkens while ignoring townies like SC and Sotty, so I'm leaning to think he was trying to mislynch instead of distance. The same could apply to MO and zoraster, though I feel less strong about that because MO was keeping all of his options open for wagon hops. Zor could have been distancing. And lets not forget that MO was ready to bus his partner to save himself and get mucho townie cred.
SpyreX wrote: Rhinox may be third party but definitely not scum WITH MO.
Would a POWERFUL WIZARD go to great lengths to avoid his scumbuddys being paired together, by saying their's no way they're together? This enough makes me think he's not likely light scum.

Gamma was against Rhinox since the moment he joined. He still keeps up the suspicion after the claim. Also talking about MO and Rhinox multipurge, but Post 585 seemed to show that Gamma didn't prefer a MO purge. Hard to say if he could be light scum. More likely than those I previously mentioned, less likely than the following.

VP re-energized the MO wagon around Post 408, but he wasn't too interested in Rhinox until later. He believed Rhinox's claim more than others too, so I could believe distancing.

Jazzmyn had Rhinox as possible 3rd party and MO as possible scum in her walls o' text, but the problem is that she listed most people in that ambiguous neutral to leaning scum. Her activity drop after those posts but before her V/LA don't help her look town. I could see her as possible light scum or other scum.

This pretty much represents my overall gut feelings at the moment. I want to look closer at Jazz, VP and Gamma.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

VP was willing to lynch Rhinox (one of the scum) and pushing hard for another (MO) so he's town.

Gamma has never seemed town to me. And (edit: fuck; beaten by Juhado) his attitudes towards Rhinox and MO make him a good choice today.

For my moneys: Gamma.

Incant: Gamma
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Nothing like being town as all getout because of my functionally retarded reads day 1!

USA USA

Incantum Scumbolina: Jazz

Incantum DUOS: Jazz
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I can see how my attitude towards MO makes me look scummy, but Rhinox? He was the most suspicious of anyone to me and I pushed pretty hard to help get him lynched.

MO I legitmately thought was town, and I was wrong. If you're voting me mostly for that, I'm okay with it.

As for VP being "willing" to lynch Rhino, if he had come out much harder against it I think you'd be looking at him a lot more right now.

Him against MO I do have to look at more I think though.

I can also get behind SpyreX for a Jazz lynch. You testing to see if your double vote is one-shot or once per incantation now Spy?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ok, I just read Jazz in ISO. I'm still not happy with Gamma, but despite JAzz's in-depth pbpa, I don't see a whole lot of content. AND there's no fewer than 8 promises of re-read (scumtell IMO)

I'll ride this pony.

INCANT: JAZZ

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”