Pick Your Power II - Looks like the wine is gone (SCUM WIN)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 10

Bouncy.Bouncy
- 8 - wolframnhart, RedCoyote, StrangerCoug, Faraday, Rayfrost, The1fifi, Porkens, Hoopla - (L-2)
Pomegranate
- 1 - Socrates - (L-9)
The1fifi
- 1 - Bouncy.Bouncy - (L-9)
wolframnhart
- 3 - Jack, Ellibereth, Farside - (L-7)

Players not voting: curiouskarmadog, Devotress, DocPotter, Fate, Pomegranate, TonyMontana

bouncy.bouncy wrote:
farside22 wrote:WHY WOULD YOU RANDOM INVESTIGATE A PLAYER! WHAT WOULD BE THE FUCKING POINT IN DOING THAT!?
As I said before, you asking "why" instead of answering "because..." just proves me right.

If you suggest that I should pick who to investigate based on certain criteria, there should be a
reason
for using those criteria. If you can give no
reason
, then your suggestion is derived
arbitrarily
and there is no "FUCKING POINT IN DOING THAT" either.

Thus we have two choices, both of which there is no "FUCKING POINT IN DOING". So you can't tell me that it is better to choose one over the other.
Are you saying you can not read a thread and figure out who is scummy based on comments made in the game?
Are you saying you can't determine for yourself people that are riding bw, offering next to nothing in the game, doing anything remotely scummy in this game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Hoopla »

bouncy.bouncy wrote:
farside22 wrote:WHY WOULD YOU RANDOM INVESTIGATE A PLAYER! WHAT WOULD BE THE FUCKING POINT IN DOING THAT!?
As I said before, you asking "why" instead of answering "because..." just proves me right.

If you suggest that I should pick who to investigate based on certain criteria, there should be a
reason
for using those criteria. If you can give no
reason
, then your suggestion is derived
arbitrarily
and there is no "FUCKING POINT IN DOING THAT" either.

Thus we have two choices, both of which there is no "FUCKING POINT IN DOING". So you can't tell me that it is better to choose one over the other.
Image I LOVE SCUM FIGHTS!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 am

Post by farside22 »

bouncy.bouncy wrote:
The1fifi wrote:If you suspect someone is scum, then you should gather every info you can on that person. So, if they claim to be cop, but you investigated them and found that they are for example vanilla, you have a proof that they are lying.
I should gather every info you can on
every
person. If
anybody
claims to be cop, but I investigated them and found out that they are for example vanilla, I have a proof that they are lying.

I realize now that the fact is that I am the one thinking instead of you.
Does anyone understand what bouncy is trying to say here?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

farside22 wrote:Are you saying you can not read a thread and figure out who is scummy based on comments made in the game?
Are you saying you can't determine for yourself people that are riding bw, offering next to nothing in the game, doing anything remotely scummy in this game?
God, you people are always so sure of your scumhunting skills. Your argument destroys the exact reason that you play mafia.

If somebody is so fucking obviously scum, why the hell would I waste my investigation on them?
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am

Post by The1fifi »

bouncy.bouncy wrote:
farside22 wrote:Are you saying you can not read a thread and figure out who is scummy based on comments made in the game?
God, you people are always so sure of your scumhunting skills. Your argument destroys the exact reason that you play mafia.

If somebody is so fucking obviously scum, why the hell would I waste my investigation on them?
no one said obvious scum! don't you even have a suspect? serisously.. After a whole day you had no one tou suspected? Don't bullshit me. You are scum playing the "i dont know any better" thing.
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:54 am

Post by farside22 »

bouncy.bouncy wrote:

unvote:
vote: bouncy

i'm done
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Hoopla »

bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:57 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

The1fifi wrote:
bouncy.bouncy wrote:

no one said obvious scum! don't you even have a suspect? serisously.. After a whole day you had no one tou suspected? Don't bullshit me. You are scum playing the "i dont know any better" thing.
I had suspects. Fate and then you. What do I get out of investigating you
that I don't get out of investigating somebody else???
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 am

Post by farside22 »

bouncy.bouncy wrote:
The1fifi wrote:
bouncy.bouncy wrote:

So, if they claim to be cop, but you investigated them and found that they are for example vanilla, you have a proof that they are lying.
You know what scum get for "random" investigation. Information about a player that is town, knowing that players role and killing said role (unless scum got a rb ability) then rb that role.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:05 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

farside22 wrote:
bouncy.bouncy wrote:
The1fifi wrote:
bouncy.bouncy wrote:

So, if they claim to be cop, but you investigated them and found that they are for example vanilla, you have a proof that they are lying.
Did you miss what I italicized?

If I investigate somebody I don't suspect, and then they claim to be cop, but I investigated them and found that they are for example vanilla, I have a proof that they are lying.

No difference. No reason to investigate somebody I think is scum instead of somebody I don't think is scum because both are equally likely to fakeclaim.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:09 am

Post by farside22 »

So basically from what I'm gathering. You want to so called "random" investigate. Not make any scum hunting known, and some how believe this is all town motivated and not scum motivated?
Plus you think that random is better for some inane reason that you have yet to explained over looking at players you think are possible scum and frankly people are pretty blunt on who they think is scum at this point. Who could be forced to claim with a push but you still want to do random when the only person random would help is scum.
Did I get this correctly? Please show where my logic fails.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:22 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

farside22 wrote:You want to so called "random" investigate.
Before somebody explained the reason to investigate the top draft picks, I wanted to random investigate N1 if nobody claimed D1.
Not make any scum hunting known,
I've done it. It's been minimal, but it's something and that's how I usually play.
and some how believe this is all town motivated and not scum motivated?
No. I said a long time ago that you could hammer me if it helps the town. I understand that some might think it's scummy and I've guessed wrong myself many times before.
Plus you think that random is better
No, I don't. I think random is
not worse
. I think random did as much good for me/us as your method would have.
for some inane reason that you have yet to explained
YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HAS YET TO EXPLAIN. YOU ARE ON THE OFFENSIVE, SO YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN. I AM ARGUING THAT NEITHER IS BETTER AND BY DEFAULT, NEITHER IS BETTER. YOU NEED TO GIVE ME A SOLID REASON THAT YOURS IS BETTER IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE TRUE THAT YOURS IS BETTER.

That is where your logic fails.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Fate »

I'm Hammering soon, get your freakin actions in

Players that haven't checked in, iirc: CKD, Wolf, SC. Please post acknowledging you have read that bouncy is going to die.

Oh and Wolf answer the questions @ you, lest you face town wrath.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am

Post by farside22 »

I explained why having someone you think is scum and why to look at those who you believe to be scum is better.
I even explain why scum would want to look at someone that isn't scum (obviously it wouldn't be them) and what the bennift to scum are for this.
Do you just ignore this and keep harping that random is equal to looking at someone you believe to be scum. I mean really what bennift does town get for you knowing someone's role? Answer that for me.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Fate »

wolframnhart wrote:nightless game, kinda, more like insta-over night game.
EBWOP: We're just waiting on Wolf, this was his last post on 2/15, Monday.

Since he might be scum anyway I might just hammer... CKD and SC did check in recently.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 am

Post by farside22 »

I've done it. It's been minimal, but it's something and that's how I usually play.
Where did you scum hunt and why did you not investigate fate if you thought he was scum? He was close to lynch. You could see for yourself if he had something worth hiding. So far your random choice makes no sense in this case either.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Jack »

I'm intrigued by the possibility of a wolf wagon, but I don't think it's going to happen. Not sure what farside is doing here.

unvote:wolf, vote:bouncy
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Fate »

Bouncy if you are town you are the most fail power role ever.

All the posts going back and forth are just filler pages of your horrible, horrible logic.

Your suspicions haven't changed from D1, even though F1f1's "distancing" partner flipped town, and all the other things that took place today.

Hoopla: Think I'm town now? Interesting...
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Fate »

I wanted my name on that lynch Jack! Damn you!

People started jumping off of it after his claim (we'll look at you after the flip), but I called them back on to it!

Vote: Bouncy!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Jack wrote:I'm intrigued by the possibility of a wolf wagon, but I don't think it's going to happen. Not sure what farside is doing here.

unvote:wolf, vote:bouncy
I like to argue. It's my nature if you recall to do so.
I think deep down I wanted to see if I was wrong about boucy and he was a VI.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

farside22 wrote:I explained why having someone you think is scum and why to look at those who you believe to be scum is better.
You explained why it's good to investigate somebody who is scum, not why it's better to investigate somebody who I think is scum than to investigate somebody who I don't think is scum.
I even explain why scum would want to look at someone that isn't scum (obviously it wouldn't be them) and what the bennift to scum are for this.
That's great. Just assume that I'm town for now for the sake of me understanding your argument.
I mean really what bennift does town get for you knowing someone's role?
Woah, now, are you saying you don't want me to investigate anybody at all?
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Fate wrote:All the posts going back and forth are just filler pages of your horrible, horrible logic.
No, my error was not realizing that I should investigate the people with top draft picks. The back and forth stuff is my good logic and other people's horrible logic.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Fate wrote:
I'm Hammering soon, get your freakin actions in

Players that haven't checked in, iirc: CKD, Wolf, SC. Please post acknowledging you have read that bouncy is going to die.

Oh and Wolf answer the questions @ you, lest you face town wrath.
I'm ready for bouncy.bouncy to die.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 10

Bouncy.Bouncy
- 10 - wolframnhart, RedCoyote, StrangerCoug, Faraday, Rayfrost, The1fifi, Porkens, Hoopla, Farside, Jack - (L-0)
Pomegranate
- 1 - Socrates - (L-9)
The1fifi
- 1 - Bouncy.Bouncy - (L-9)
wolframnhart
- 1 - Ellibereth - (L-9)

Players not voting: curiouskarmadog, Devotress, DocPotter, Fate, Pomegranate, TonyMontana

bouncy.bouncy,
Town Role Cop
, has been lynched.
RedCoyote,
Vanilla Town
, has been shot.
RayFrost,
Town Tracker
, has been shot.

It takes 9 to lynch

New Deadline: February 28th, 10:30 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well, that'll teach him to think before sending stuff in...

Vote: Socrates
for reasons that we should know by now.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”