ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by ortolan »

I'm trying to work out if your "ortolan is scummy no matter what" is bad logic because you're scum or if it's just bad play.

I wasn't aware we were doing that, GATTING SOG prior to lynch seems to make sense.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Truly, I would Gat whoever we are about to lynch, I just think that you're the best lynch...I think there is sufficent proof that if SoG is scum (and there are 2 scum) then you would be the most likely candidate...the second part is based mostly off opinion...If SoG is telling the truth, I am town, I think that charter and The Fonz are town (for not hammering)...that leaves you or Anon IMO, and I think you would be the better lynch...I believe SoG's claim actually, his play since the beg. of the game favors his claim (arguing about your polls that could be potentially fishing for PR's, not being surprised about a closed/semi-open setup, etc...)...I also think there is only 1 scum left, but that's just gut telling me everyone else is town...I think you are the best lynch...take it for "bad play" if you will (as any accused scum would call it), but its not bad logic cuz I'm not scum...
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by charter »

We're not lynching ortolan, just GAT SOG.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

charter wrote:We're not lynching ortolan, just GAT SOG.
Fine,
GAT: SoG
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Could use stuff from the Fonz
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Anon »

charter wrote:
Anon wrote:Crymeariver, as much as I like to be read as town and unless Im missing something I dont remember being attacked by scum early.

Last post from CMAR feel genuine, though, like he is really trying to scumhunt. What does everyone think?

I still think not lynching sog would be a mistake. If there were another claimed power role I would believe it but it simply doesnt make sense in this setup where we also know that at least one scum cant shoot.

Charter or anyone, can you explain me how does picking a new gatekeeper could help? I dont get it.
I agree, he feels genuine, but it won't erase Dragons's scumminess.

I believe picking a new gatekeeper (the person we're about to lynch) helps us out because they can then GAT people and if scum try and kill one of the people they GATed, the kill now becomes random. I think a random NK will be better than a scum controlled one. If SOG is scum, then GATting him isn't going to make any difference, but if he's town, then it can potentially help us out.
Makes sense and I dont see it doing any harm in the worse scenario.

Gat: SOG.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

SOG is your gatekeeper.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 am

Post by charter »

Let us know when you've GATed, SOG.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:37 am

Post by semioldguy »

GATing complete.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:49 am

Post by charter »

vote Semioldguy
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 am

Post by semioldguy »

Won't be long now.

I initially joined this game so I could daykill someone, I was a little disappointed when I got my role and found out that I couldn't. See you all for the post-game.

Go town!
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:36 am

Post by charter »

I'd still lynch Dragons if you can convince two others to vote him as well.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

charter wrote:I'd still lynch Dragons if you can convince two others to vote him as well.
I don't know what else I can do to convince you that I'm not scum...I really just hope that this decision doesn't hurt us in the end...if you go back and read through SoG's posts, it makes sense that he's a power role...but it also makes sense to vote him since he's the only one without a dayvig...I know I'm regret this (and Ortolan will love it) but,

Vote: SoG
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 pm

SoG (4): ortolan, Anon, charter, CryMeARiver

SoG,
Scum Goon
, Lynched Day 4

Scum has 72 hours to submit NK.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 am

Check the first page to see who's dead!

Day 5 is a go.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Post by charter »

Well, I'm not a fan of no lynching in MYLO, but in this situation I'd give it a go, everyone else's thoughts?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

charter wrote:Well, I'm not a fan of no lynching in MYLO, but in this situation I'd give it a go, everyone else's thoughts?
Thoughts about the night...TheFonz being lynched is rather strange...he hadn't posted for a while, so he must have been on to something, or the killer wanted to make it look like (frame) a specific person...not sure, have to look through his posts again...This is of course assuming that SoG did not indeed put anybody in the safe zone so his scumbuddy wouldn't have to randomize the kill

Thoughts about what happened with SoG...so my thoughts were wrong, but I did include this situation in my little analysis:
1. SoG is lying scum. He made up all of his investigations to act like town. If this is the case, he is by himself or Ortolan is his partner. Ortolan would be the only scum with a one-shot daykill. This is the case because if you please notice, assuming SoG is lying scum, Ortalon is the only alive person that was defended in his investigations.

If you will remember, SoG's famous claim...
I am not able to shoot.

I can investigate someone each night and find out whether or not they have a shot to make a day kill.

Night One: I investigated malpascp. He could shoot. He was a major lurker and I thought it was an easy way for scum to ride through several days in games like these, so I checked him because of that.

Night Two: I investigated Ortolan. I re-evaluated my investigating strategy after Albert's mod-kill and didn't want the chance of that happening again so I thought to start checking some of my suspects, which led me to Ortolan as he was one of my suspects and he hadn't shot. Ortolan could shoot.

Night Three: I checked Bogre, as he was the only player left aside from myself not to have taken a shot. He had a shot.

At this point, as far as I can tell, my ability has no further use. My role is now essentially the same as what the rest of the town's is currently.

Lynching me may be the best option numbers-wise, as my ability gains us no further information, it ensures that I don't actually have a shot and that I am not scum. I doubt lynching me would end in scum victory today, because I don't think the scum team had multiple players with day kills for reasons already explained.

If there were still two scum left it would have to be me and one of you guys (due to the no two scum both with day shooting hypothesis), so lynching me would still be the best option by the numbers.

Remembering that all those investigations are fake and he's scum, Ortolan is the only person alive that he defended...while this is a red flag in my head, I also remember Ortolan and SoG arguing about the whole poll thing at the beg. of the game...Bussing? not sure...I'm gonna read The Fonz's posts and see if anything comes up
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by charter »

I think it's safe to say SOG didn't GAT anyone, that would just be idiotic on his part.

Need to reread the game again, but I want to go and look at how SOG started the last day, he must have known he was going to be lynched since he couldn't shoot, so I want to see what changed from day three I think to day four. Another thing to look at is whose kill makes the most sense for scum to make.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

charter wrote:I think it's safe to say SOG didn't GAT anyone, that would just be idiotic on his part.

Need to reread the game again, but I want to go and look at how SOG started the last day, he must have known he was going to be lynched since he couldn't shoot, so I want to see what changed from day three I think to day four. Another thing to look at is whose kill makes the most sense for scum to make.
So we don't make a mistake and lynch me, what about DoS did you find scummy (besides his few posts)...anything I can try to explain?...while we're on the subject of accidentally lynching a townie, I'm rather new to the game and was wondering what happens if we do accidentally lynch a townie...that would mean tomorrow there is 1 town and 1 scum...as far as I know, scum needs to have a majority to win...so what would happen?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by charter »

If we mislynch today and scum make a kill at night, town loses. So we'd be praying scum doesn't kill, which isn't going to happen in this game.

There's really nothing you can do to explain about dragons, I'm going to have to go back and look at ortolan and Anon and see if I find any links from them to the dead scum.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by ortolan »

I swear I posted in this game before
CryMeARiver (541) wrote:Remembering that all those investigations are fake and he's scum, Ortolan is the only person alive that he defended...while this is a red flag in my head
If you're town (which I doubt), then this is bad reasoning. Scum can put whatever they like in their posts, including trying to create false links to townies after they die. In fact they do so very consciously a lot of the time. In the case I am town, SOG can have put whatever he liked in his posts in a false attempt to link himself to me (although I disagree that merely claiming he investigated me was indeed an attempt to clear me. What was notable about his claimed targets and why he continued to be scummy is that all he claimed was information which was already available in the thread and thus his ability was unconfirmable. Merely claiming that he investigated me and that I had a shot, after I had already in fact demonstrated that I had a shot; was not "clearing" me at all.)

Anyway, I'm waiting on who you think is most scummy CryMeARiver.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Anon »

If I had to pick right now Id go with ortolan. Crymeariver has felt extremely genuine lately and charter is town from day 1.

Rereading time.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:11 am

Post by ortolan »

If you can't see why CryMeARiver ISO 6 is incrediscummy; especially in light of SOG's scumflip (where he basically and very scummily made room to vote me irrespective of SOG's alignment); and retardedly ignore the fact I was the main one pushing through SOG's lynch yesterday; then I cannot help you as a player.

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Anon »

charter wrote:I think it's safe to say SOG didn't GAT anyone, that would just be idiotic on his part.

This is a good start.

@Crymeariver: I wouldnt believe a single thing scum said about something, so ortolan is right there. Also, I think its very unlikely, if not impossible, that SoG did indeed put somebody in the safezone. So I think something should come up of analyzing what he said.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

ortolan wrote:I swear I posted in this game before
CryMeARiver (541) wrote:Remembering that all those investigations are fake and he's scum, Ortolan is the only person alive that he defended...while this is a red flag in my head
If you're town (which I doubt), then this is bad reasoning. Scum can put whatever they like in their posts, including trying to create false links to townies after they die. In fact they do so very consciously a lot of the time. In the case I am town, SOG can have put whatever he liked in his posts in a false attempt to link himself to me (although I disagree that merely claiming he investigated me was indeed an attempt to clear me. What was notable about his claimed targets and why he continued to be scummy is that all he claimed was information which was already available in the thread and thus his ability was unconfirmable. Merely claiming that he investigated me and that I had a shot, after I had already in fact demonstrated that I had a shot; was not "clearing" me at all.)

Anyway, I'm waiting on who you think is most scummy CryMeARiver.
Oh, I just reread this and understood the last part...I thought you were saying, "I'm waiting on who you think is most scummy - CryMeARiver" at first...I probably read it this way because I felt it was evident that you are my number 1 scumspect
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”