Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 3 ) Rhinox Hoopla popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) evilsnail
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 6 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Raskol Maelyn
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

/threadheal
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

CSL was town in mafia 105. He played pretty anti town, refused to defend himself, and requested replacement right before he was lynched.

I don't think I started giving blank "rhinox is town"s before the first time I actually gave reasons. In any case, DGB yells blank town reads as scum, which is why it was fishy. If someone reads my backlog and I do that as scum, then they can call it, all's fair. I don't see any way to link it to wincons so it was mostly a meta thing.
Rhinox wrote:
far wrote:
I answered it because I have nothing to hide in this game. I saw no reason not to talk about it for this game. My biggest problem with be those who will use it later in other games.
That may be true, but you said the question sucks and then answered it in the same post. Seemed like you were trying to appease myko. If a question sucks, not answering it does not make you scum.

[/quote]
Rhinox wrote:Fishy brings up a good point about DGB in this post. If DGB was so concerned that answering mykos question was scummy, why wasn't she paying more attention to see who all actually answered the question. That would be an excellent opportunity for a townie to catch scum. Instead, DGB was lazy about it. It makes it seem like scum lazy pretend scum hunting. A townie genuinely scum hunting would have been keeping a close eye out for other players committing the tell.
That's Analysis, whether or not DGB flipped scum.

Ojanen wrote:It seems you put more stock in the myko slip over time, why?
Considering I used diminishing adjectives in both of those quotes, there's not anything to explain here. My opinion of the myko slip did not change, it's small, and probably not indicative of alignment.

The context of the first one is a response to a forceful push against myko, the second is from being asked for an overall opinion of myko. It's just context.

[ABR]
85% deadline exaggerated. I didn't believe that there would be a superior lynch coming soon. CSL would have been better, but this town is vehemently opposed to the concept of policy lynching.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 am

Post by Ojanen »

popsofctown wrote:CSL was town in mafia 105. He played pretty anti town, refused to defend himself, and requested replacement right before he was lynched.
Why have you been strongly of the opinion that
pops wrote:I personally have played with CSL and found him to be unreadable.
if you have only played with him as one alignment (and you were scum so you wouldn't have been trying to read him)?

Have you played with/seen DGB as town and was she not calling people magically town as that alignment?

The Rhinox examples you gave, neither of them are original ideas, first one expands on a question I had asked from farside, the second one in fact straight up says that Fishy brings up a good point. You say he's obvtown because of original scumhunting. I don't get it.
pops wrote:[ABR]
85% deadline exaggerated. I didn't believe that there would be a superior lynch coming soon. CSL would have been better, but this town is vehemently opposed to the concept of policy lynching.
Why did you feel the need to exaggerate the rhetorics themselves?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

You don't read players as scum? Then you're doing it wrong.

I didn't check to see if DGBtown does that. Seems like that should be DGB's job. She didn't even use that line of defense.

He expounds on what fishy says. He adds a lot more. You're saying there's nothing new about the mechanical carriage because it has ancient wheels on it, not fair at all.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:22 am

Post by evilsnail »

I can get behind a pops lynch today, especially if CSL gets teleported to U2.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 3 ) Rhinox Hoopla popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) evilsnail
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 6 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Raskol Maelyn
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:16 am

Post by farside22 »

popsofctown wrote: He expounds on what fishy says. He adds a lot more. You're saying there's nothing new about the mechanical carriage because it has ancient wheels on it, not fair at all.
Which is exactly what I seem more scum do then town. It's easy to lurk and post points already stated and expand on them. It's being a lazy scum, pretty much what I think of your play thus far
It may be true, but you said the question sucks and then answered it in the same post. Seemed like you were trying to appease myko. If a question sucks, not answering it does not make you scum.
half dozen one or the other. I'm sure either way you would say it's scummy at this point
Why policy lynch over someone you believe to be scum? Teleporting is awesome if you feel someone is just anti-town policy in this game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:32 am

Post by mykonian »

totally not feeling this wagon. And I'm missing a lot of people.

Mod
raskol requested replacement, right?

Can something be done about mealyn?

Since CSL, Farside, Elli and Elvis are on this wagon, I'm even more against this wagon.

Evilsnail
, why are you on Fishy?

A lynch might be what we need here, the game died. Its a shame that happened, but we are missing half of the game. And while I disagree with a pops lynch, I disagree too with a CSL lynch, which means pops is probably going to be it...
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

Policy lynches can logically take priority over people who are a bit past the 50/50 mark on being scum rather than town. Since you don't even understand policy lynches at all, I doubt you'll understand how this can be the case.

CSL was even chances town. He's pretty much always going to be even chances town. His standard of play is so antitown that in 1 day he can probably only move a percent mark in either direction. (he's inching towards scum, but as I'm saying it's largely irrelevant.)

ABR, based on his D1 play, was a readable player who would put out more info over time.

Look at it this way. If CSL had a 50% chance of being scum d1, and ABR had a 54% chance, I would lynch CSL first. Because the next day, ABR would jump up to 64 or drop to 44 and I could make a more informed decision regarding him. If CSL is saved for later, I don't get any more info, it's still 50.
"Well, I..."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:50 am

Post by farside22 »

[quote="mykonian"]
Since CSL, Farside, Elli and Elvis are on this wagon, I'm even more against this wagon.
[quote]

I really don't get why you believe EK or myself to be scum. 2 people I have a full town read is on pops wagon. You said yourself you had a town read on fishy. What exactly do you need to believe pops is scum at this point?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:55 am

Post by zorastermod »

mykonian wrote:
Mod
raskol requested replacement, right?

Can something be done about mealyn?

Yes, and I'm searching.

I sent a PM to both maemuki and haylen asking if maybe having one ofthem replace in for themselves would help things. I have not heard back yet.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

hydras are OP. They have daytalk no matter what.
"Well, I..."
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 am

Post by mykonian »

farside22 wrote:
mykonian wrote: Since CSL, Farside, Elli and Elvis are on this wagon, I'm even more against this wagon.
I really don't get why you believe EK or myself to be scum. 2 people I have a full town read is on pops wagon. You said yourself you had a town read on fishy. What exactly do you need to believe pops is scum at this point?
that is 4 against, 1 in favor. I think fishy made a mistake here. There are too many people jumping on this wagon because it is there.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am

Post by farside22 »

mykonian wrote:
farside22 wrote:
mykonian wrote: Since CSL, Farside, Elli and Elvis are on this wagon, I'm even more against this wagon.
that is 4 against, 1 in favor. I think fishy made a mistake here. There are too many people jumping on this wagon because it is there.
You know if elli is scum he has no clue who the scum team in U1 is right? he could be shot at too and has a reason to look for a scum team himself.
CSL is anti-town no matter his alignment. Ship him off and head him out. Doing a policy lynch is a waste in this game.
Can you expand on my why you believe EK or myself to be scum in your next post please?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 am

Post by mykonian »

duh, that doesn't mean he doesn't like to jump on wagons, which makes this wagon longer then it should be.

I don't get why you people think scum would ever play another way then selfish.

Yep, CSL just jumps on because he can. And like I said before I actually think he is town...

And would you mind if I skip this one to the next weekend, when I can take my time for it? It kind of requires me to go over my posts again. And I simply don't feel like doing it now, tomorrow I have to travel home again, and maybe I'll make it then, but I expect it to be this weekend.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

getting caught up, but... can someone tell me why shipping CSL over to the OU is any better than lynching him?

Both options (lynching and tele) remove him from our universe, and IF he is town, brings mafia closer to majority.

So, if you want CSL teleported, you should be OK with his lynch as well. If you think CSL is town so you don't want to lynch him, but still want him teleported, that strategy is scummy as hell.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Rhinox wrote:getting caught up, but... can someone tell me why shipping CSL over to the OU is any better than lynching him?

Both options (lynching and tele) remove him from our universe, and IF he is town, brings mafia closer to majority.

So, if you want CSL teleported, you should be OK with his lynch as well. If you think CSL is town so you don't want to lynch him, but still want him teleported, that strategy is scummy as hell.
Can you explain why a policy lynch is better then lynching someone you find extremely scummy?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

I find CSL extremely scummy, so no I can't explain.

Thats also sort of a strawman, because in this game, teleporting someone away achieves the same effect as lynching. Soooooo, as I said before, if you want him teleported, you should be ok with his lynch as well. For example, you want pops lynched. Whats the difference between lynch pops, teleport csl vs. lynch csl, teleport pops? The only difference is in which player we learn the allignment of. Not to mention, teleporting csl does not solve our problem anyways, since there's no guarentee he won't get shipped back over, only it'll be later in the game where we'll have to deal with him.

Plus, I don't think pops is scum right now, although I won't mind if he tones down the flattery a bit. Its starting to seem like buddying, or more likely an "I told you so" scenario if I got lynched, since there is no incentive for scum to have me as a buddy right now due to my activity issues.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:59 am

Post by mykonian »

we don't agree on the scumminess, but we do agree about the antitown play?

Policy is the only reason we can lynch CSL. And sending him is alike sending any lurker we have now. And finally messing with the other universe (although not productive) would feel good.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Wrong thread. Edited instead of deleted to try and avoid more voodoo nonsense.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Post by mykonian »

animorpherv1 wrote: [Ani's original post]
Ani, I'm very sorry, but this isn't the right thread.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 am

Post by farside22 »

I see CSL as anti-town and pops as scum that's my difference.
Scum want to live so teleporting someone that is anti-town who is being pushed as scum by people who have no better suspects just makes me think it's scum trying to push an easy lynch.
EK and OJ had their points. I can get what their saying but his I could care less attitude reminds me of the town CSL I saw in another game.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Rhinox, do you have something to comment on my case on you?
pops about DGB calling people magically town wrote: I don't see any way to link it to wincons so it was mostly a meta thing.
pops wrote:I didn't check to see if DGBtown does that. Seems like that should be DGB's job. She didn't even use that line of defense.
You have a thing for one-sided metas that I'm not fond of, not checking whether she does something wincon-independent as both alignments but finding her really scummy for it. Have you btw played with DGB scum before or did the meta information come to you from ABR's case this thread?
pops wrote: He expounds on what fishy says. He adds a lot more. You're saying there's nothing new about the mechanical carriage because it has ancient wheels on it, not fair at all.
No, help me out here, I'm getting more and more lost in understanding you on Rhinox.

What Fishy first said:
Fishy wrote:DGB on myk’s question is bad. If she finds the question, and responses, serious scumtells, why this, after the question and some responses:
DrippingGoofball 178 wrote:
evilsnail wrote: Who do you suspect, DGB? Why are you not voting?
No one, that should answer both questions.
@ mykonian You're asking for my scumtells? How the heck should I know. I'm different in every game. Every game has a rhythm, and an atmosphere.
If the question and the answerers are scummy, why didn’t you suspect anyone?
After she does say that people who answered are scum (208), she fails to notice 2 of the 3 players who answered it (farside, me). farside immediately points this out (212). DGB ignores this for a long time, which seems very odd – she is now using it as a serious argument, so why on earth wouldn’t she look at the responses to the question until they were shoved in her face for a third time?
This inconsistent pushing of a scumtell doesn’t look like a serious attempt to work out who the scum are – more like a convenient reason for votes/suspicions.
What Rhinox, with to you grandly townread-inducing originality said:
Rhinox wrote:Fishy brings up a good point about DGB in this post. If DGB was so concerned that answering mykos question was scummy, why wasn't she paying more attention to see who all actually answered the question. That would be an excellent opportunity for a townie to catch scum. Instead, DGB was lazy about it. It makes it seem like scum lazy pretend scum hunting. A townie genuinely scum hunting would have been keeping a close eye out for other players committing the tell.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ojanen wrote:Have you btw played with DGB scum before or did the meta information come to you from ABR's case this thread?
I played with DGB scum. Weren't you here yesterday? oh right, you weren't. It's lynch-the-actives mafia. *ker-sigh*

I'm gonna have to start looking past my lynch a little bit now. While I didn't like the case on evilsnail earlier, he's not coming strong on my wagon, you should look at him after I flip. Maybe not farside anymore. I'm starting to think she's just stubborn and doesn't get anything.

Ojanen should NOT be on people's townlists, she dodged the thread all day to day, came back and found the politically correct lynch, did an iso and "investigated" to make it her own and (is probably about to) stick her vote in the scummy L-approaches zero slot. But I guess I can't expect her to get much grief for this until postflip.
"Well, I..."
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Ojanen »

pops wrote:I played with DGB scum. Weren't you here yesterday? oh right, you weren't. It's lynch-the-actives mafia. *ker-sigh*
I don't think you ever said that explicitly.

Nice of you to have determined my future course of action already before I have btw.

Why. Is. Rhinox .Town?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”