KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count IX

[3] Sakako - (DeathRowKitty, Netopalis, kyle99)

[3] MonkeyMan576 - (AlmasterGM, almightybob, Espeonage)
[2] Nikanor - (Lowell, Sakako)
[1] almightybob - (hitogoroshi)
[1] Lowell - (Nikanor)
[1] kyle99 - (MonkeyMan576)
[0] DeathRowKitty - ()
[0] AlmasterGM - ()
[0] Netopalis - ()
[0] xRECKONERx - ()
[0] Espeonage - ()
[0] hitogoroshi - ()

[1]
Not Voting
- (xRECKONERx)

With
alive, it`s
to lynch!

Deadline
is at 7:30AM Pacific Time on Wednesday, February 24th.

No prods right now. Poll going up. (I still have final word what happens, and I'm currently leaning not replacing.) Just curious if it's a *really* big deal to people. By the way, I voted the comedy option. =]
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I like the poll. Nifty.
Don't @ me.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I really don't think we should be force-replacing Nikanor unless he refuses to participate, which is not the case. Let him decide if he can continue.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Agreed, we can't force replace yet. After 2 prods, if he needs a 3rd, we can do it.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Plus, the game is only 6 days old...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nik needs to be force replaced regardless.
Lowell and Sakako need to put their votes elsewhere. It's scummy to have your votes on the "safe" idle/inactive player.
green shirt thursdays
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

almightybob wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Why Monkey over the other two? You spend this whole post talking about not liking Sakako's hopping, then point out Monkey's quick vote hop, but you say nothing about kyle. And, by your own logic, Sakako should be equally as viable as MonkeyMan... what makes MM's hopping scummier than Sak's?
Maybe it's that Monkey's scumminess is fresher in my mind. MM's hopping isn't scummier than Sak's, but his shift in opinion about meta (as pointed out by Almaster) definitely is.
I would be happy with Sak as well, but when I'd just finished reading those pages to catch up, Monkey was at the front of my mind. I didn't like his earlier dismissal of points against him, and now this. It's a very slight preference of him over Sak, but it's there.

Kyle hasn't done enough to seem out-and-out scummy to me. He's been accused of lurking and only posting to respond, which does seem true. However, just from this game he doesn't seem all that scummy to me. The reason I would be happy for a lynch on him is that so many people have taken stances against him, hopped on and off the wagon, called for his lynch for meta reasons etc etc. It would be a good informational lynch. That is the aspect of DRK's post that I agreed with.
Just to clarify, I never changed my opinion about meta, my opinion is, that meta shouldnt be used as the sole basis of defending yourself. There's nothing wrong with using meta as a means of understanding playstyles. In Kyle's case, I have played with him before, so it would be poor judgement on my part not to use meta to analyze his performance. Neto however, was using a meta defence as the only way to defend himself. So there is nothing inconsistant about my position.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hey guys, sorry for the little posting. I am having severe issues focusing on anything right now, and when I can't even get myself to sit down and do schoolwork (e.g, real commitments) it's hard for me to honor little, informal internet commitments.

I'll finish catch up posting sometime soon, though you guys don't exactly make it easy (you guys post a lot, and it's usually not solid content but fluffy garbage that you don't so much read as wade through).

But I can at least give my three reads that matter the most - that is, the primary lynch candidates for today.

I'm getting a strong newb-town read from Sakako. I remember someone (DRK?) saying that he is not at all obv-town but I'd disagree. While it's true that his style is something worryingly easy for scum to replicate, whenever I've lynched a player like Sakako it's invariably been a town flip.

Monkey is neutral. He's been confrontational and mildly self-focused, two thinks I generally use to call town. But at the same time he's also exploded this thread on mildly trivial points which is what I suspect scum would like to do to try to drown out most of the town (it's certainly working on me).

Kyle is my favorite lynch candidate for today. He's playing disturbingly similar to the game I played with him when he was scum. Admittedly this is fairly similar to his town play - but at least as town I saw him try to lead a bit more whereas here he's back to being entirely reactive.

unvote, vote: kyle99
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Just to clarify, I never changed my opinion about meta, my opinion is, that meta shouldnt be used as the sole basis of defending yourself. There's nothing wrong with using meta as a means of understanding playstyles. In Kyle's case, I have played with him before, so it would be poor judgement on my part not to use meta to analyze his performance. Neto however, was using a meta defence as the only way to defend himself. So there is nothing inconsistant about my position.
So if you use meta, it's OK, but if other people do, it's not? I don't see the difference between you using meta to attack and exonerate people and Neto using it to defend himself. Either way, at best, you're advocacy shifting, as this "clarification" has been
completely
unclear until right now. At worst, you're still being hypocritical.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

AlmasterGM wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Just to clarify, I never changed my opinion about meta, my opinion is, that meta shouldnt be used as the sole basis of defending yourself. There's nothing wrong with using meta as a means of understanding playstyles. In Kyle's case, I have played with him before, so it would be poor judgement on my part not to use meta to analyze his performance. Neto however, was using a meta defence as the only way to defend himself. So there is nothing inconsistant about my position.
So if you use meta, it's OK, but if other people do, it's not? I don't see the difference between you using meta to attack and exonerate people and Neto using it to defend himself. Either way, at best, you're advocacy shifting, as this "clarification" has been
completely
unclear until right now. At worst, you're still being hypocritical.
No, you're not understanding my position. I'm saying meta shouldn't be used as the SOLE means of defending yourself. That's different than combining different analytical methods for a defence or attack.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* My only point was that I don't like to participate in RVS and that I do it in all of my games. I didn't even say that you had to find it that authoritative.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Netopalis wrote:*shrugs* My only point was that I don't like to participate in RVS and that I do it in all of my games. I didn't even say that you had to find it that authoritative.
Then would you have a counterargument to someone who found not participating in RVS scummy?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@hito: what about waiting to see if a vig can take care of kyle?
green shirt thursdays
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I don't see why it's scummy to begin with. Players who know that they aren't very good at it should stay out of it. Townies are to only act in a pro-town manner. My staying out of the RVS is an extension of that duty.

Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Sakako »

xRECKONERx wrote:It's scummy to have your votes on the "safe" idle/inactive player.
Okay, but what would you say if I did this?

Unvote, Vote: MonkeyMan576

That's also a pretty "safe" wagon to be on. It just so happens that I don't like his play, either.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Netopalis »

And it feels rather opportunistic. But, yeah, rereading tomorrow.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I take is Nika is staying then?
Don't @ me.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Sakako »

I think the complete opposite. There are 5 votes for the forced-replace, and there are 3 on each of the other two options.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Poll taken down. I've gotten everything out of it that I wanted to get from it. Carry on, carry on.

Nikanor posted in the 23rd hour of Monday, February 15th and will be prodded if he doesn't within 48 hours of then. Other than that, everyone's posted today. =] ~KittyMo
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Netopalis wrote:I don't see why it's scummy to begin with. Players who know that they aren't very good at it should stay out of it. Townies are to only act in a pro-town manner. My staying out of the RVS is an extension of that duty.
How can you be bad at RVS? You vote someone random...and lol and the Sakako vote. I would be extremely suspicious of anyone who adds to my wagon from here on out.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Netopalis »

See: Nouns Mafia. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12654

In which I am lynched on D1 for disliking the fact that Boxman gets put to 3 votes randomly on P3.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Analogy: I got lynched once for hammering the wrong person, so I'm never going to hammer again.

Is this good or bad logic?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

ITT, Monkey tries to forcibly make a null tell look scummy.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Espeonage »

What does ITT mean?
Don't @ me.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:ITT, Monkey tries to forcibly make a null tell look scummy.
Bad logic is scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”