Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry Reck, I'm just not feeling the game right now. I need to be enjoying the game to be useful, and I'm not enjoying it right now.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry to DRK, too. *sigh*
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Nikanor wrote:Sorry Reck, I'm just not feeling the game right now. I need to be enjoying the game to be useful, and I'm not enjoying it right now.
Then replace out for someone who will be into the game.
Don't @ me.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Maybe if you participated you'd be "more into it"?

FOS: Nikanor
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, Nik, replace out.
green shirt thursdays
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Monkey wrote: Maybe if you participated you'd be "more into it"?

FOS: Nikanor
...and what exaclty makes this FoS worthy?
FoS Monkey
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 am

Post by almightybob »

[hypocrisyhat]
Come on Nik, put some effort in or replace out.
[/hat]

On the other hand, I do see his point. Too many of these posts are things like *sigh*. It's not productive, it just lengthens the thread unneccessarily and discourages people who dare to get distracted by RL from catching up. My last post was yesterday, and in that time there's 3 extra pages. I'm not saying it's all unproductive (within those 3 pages Monkey looks more scummy, which is nice) but please guys, try to collect your thoughts before posting.
Before anyone comes out with some crap about me wanting to stifle discussion - read it again. That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm all for discussion and posting moar. As long as it's useful posting.

Anyway, moving on.

I really don't like Sakako's immediate wagonhop in 302. Wagoning on someone who's not showing up to defend themselves is a good scum tactic. Plus, saying "This is a pressure vote" kind of negates the pressure of it.

It seems Espeonage was the only one who noticed Monkey's very quick change to kyle after Esp voted for him. Combine it with Almaster's 339. Monkey looks pretty scummy through these last few pages. It's pretty lucky for him that everyone seems to have been distracted from this by Nika's resurfacing.

I agree with DRK's 344. One of those 3 are the best choice for today, we will get lots of information from their flips. Right now I would rather lynch Monkey.

Unvote, vote: MonkeyMan576
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

almightybob wrote:I agree with DRK's 344. One of those 3 are the best choice for today, we will get lots of information from their flips. Right now I would rather lynch Monkey.
Why Monkey over the other two? You spend this whole post talking about not liking Sakako's hopping, then point out Monkey's quick vote hop, but you say nothing about kyle. And, by your own logic, Sakako should be equally as viable as MonkeyMan... what makes MM's hopping scummier than Sak's?
green shirt thursdays
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:36 am

Post by almightybob »

xRECKONERx wrote:Why Monkey over the other two? You spend this whole post talking about not liking Sakako's hopping, then point out Monkey's quick vote hop, but you say nothing about kyle. And, by your own logic, Sakako should be equally as viable as MonkeyMan... what makes MM's hopping scummier than Sak's?
Maybe it's that Monkey's scumminess is fresher in my mind. MM's hopping isn't scummier than Sak's, but his shift in opinion about meta (as pointed out by Almaster) definitely is.
I would be happy with Sak as well, but when I'd just finished reading those pages to catch up, Monkey was at the front of my mind. I didn't like his earlier dismissal of points against him, and now this. It's a very slight preference of him over Sak, but it's there.

Kyle hasn't done enough to seem out-and-out scummy to me. He's been accused of lurking and only posting to respond, which does seem true. However, just from this game he doesn't seem all that scummy to me. The reason I would be happy for a lynch on him is that so many people have taken stances against him, hopped on and off the wagon, called for his lynch for meta reasons etc etc. It would be a good informational lynch. That is the aspect of DRK's post that I agreed with.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Did you read the games I posted for examples of both kyle's town and scum meta?
green shirt thursdays
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Espeonage wrote:AGM and xRx, what do both of you rate the possibility of a kyle-Monkey-??? scumteam at this point?

I ask you two as you seem both seem to have opinions on Monkey as well as the other main wagons.
0%. I am completely unconvinced of this Kyle wagon right now. I have already explained why I think lynching him because he's "hard to read" is a bad play. Given the fact that there are plenty of other people acting extremely scummy (Monkey and Sak), I see no reason why Kyle cannot wait. Monkey isn't even trying to explain himself in response to anything I say, he's just letting it get buried in all the lotsofposting and hoping the wagon on Kyle will take over.

Oh yeah, and Nik, plz replace kthx.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:10 am

Post by almightybob »

xRECKONERx wrote:Did you read the games I posted for examples of both kyle's town and scum meta?
No. I don't have the time to read 50+ pages just to confirm what several people have already said. Enough people have agreed on kyle's meta that I doubt it's a scum ploy, so I'm happy to take your collective word for it that he is difficult to read and plays similarly regardless of role.

As Almaster has said, kyle can probably wait. He's a good information lynch and if we do eventually go to him today I won't be too against it, but I'd prefer Monkey or Sak today, and slightly prefer Monkey over Sak.

To sum up - people I would be willing to lynch today, in order of preference:

Monkey
Sak

Kyle

People I would not be willing to lynch today:

Everyone else.
I'm a townie! Honest!

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:13 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I am completely unconvinced of this Kyle wagon right now. I have already explained why I think lynching him because he's "hard to read" is a bad play. Given the fact that there are plenty of other people acting extremely scummy (Monkey and Sak), I see no reason why Kyle cannot wait. Monkey isn't even trying to explain himself in response to anything I say, he's just letting it get buried in all the lotsofposting and hoping the wagon on Kyle will take over.
This.

Kyle would be more or less a policy lynch at this point. He wouldn't be a
bad
lynch information-wise, but we have two scummier players that would also be very good lynches information-wise.

[hint]Kyle is the kind of player that really makes you hope the town has a vig.[/hint]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmm. DRK makes a good point regarding vigs.

Problem is, I don't know where to place my vote between Sakako and MonkeyMan at this point. They both stand equal chances of being scum vs. poor-playing town.

Unvote
, at any rate.
green shirt thursdays
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Netopalis »

I'm going to reread Sakako v. Monkey. I agree wholeheartedly that Kyle is a bad lynch, as implied earlier.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

For the record, I don't think kyle is a bad lynch. He's a great lynch... he's just an even better vig-kill (on the off-chance we have a vig).
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

xRECKONERx wrote:@hito: I'd like to get your reads on Monkey, Kyle, and Sakako at this stage in the game.
green shirt thursdays
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Lowell »

So, seriuosly, when someone gets a wagon they say "I'm having trouble paying attention" and we all unvote? Everything about that is scummy.

I don't know why we're framing things in terms of monkey and sako already (although it would seem to heavily favor everyone who isn't monkey or sako), but as long as we are I still think sako is town and monkey quite possibly isn't.

fos reckoner and neto
. Both were too eager to narrow down the field to two palyers.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Netopalis »

It's absolutely necessary to limit the field to two players if we want to get solid reactions so that we can analyze players on D2. Also, we're not counting out Kyle because of what he said, it's because we know that he is, in general, useless.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No, I'm not 'eager' to do anything. I can give you a scum list right now if you want. I have my suspicions, and I'll see where they lie.

And technically, we've got three viable lynch candidates on D1, which is a lot better than most games which end up in either "ZOMG RANDOM WAGON TO L-1!" territory or "ZOMG IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THESE TWO" territories. We have a much better chance that one of Monkey/kyle/Sakako is scum than just one or two of them.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Whoa sniped
green shirt thursdays
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by kyle99 »

I still think Sakako is scum, Nikanor will be replaced/replace out if he plays like this, lynching him isn't really going to fix that.

@Sakako, Do you actually think Nikanor is scum? If not, who do you think is scum?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok AGM and bob have convinced me against kyle for now so