Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Pomegranate »

You decide on ani. He looks like he's doing something differently- everything seems a bit off. CSL, his lover, makes it a majority. You push ani out, and I announce that animorpherv1-
Townie Lover
has left. You see CSL lying in the corner, obviously dead. You push him out too, since he's no use in the lunchroom anymore. I announce that he was also a
Townie Lover

The dead:

animorpherv1- Townie Lover
CSL- Townie Lover
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:27 am

Post by CSL »

Well, that obv failed.

Go Town, I think.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Beginning of Day Two

Votecount:

kunkstar7 (0)
Max (0)
farside22 (0)
Sanhora (0)
gameplayah (0)
Snakenstein (0)

Not Voting: kunkstar7, Max, farside22, Sanhora, gameplayah, Snakenstein

It takes four votes to lynch.

Deadline is March 2nd, 2010 at 6:00 PM EST.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Max »

I think the scum pair is either:

Sanhora and Snake
or
Farside22 and Snake

game and kunk have both been lurking, but I think an active pair is more likely to contain scum.
Snakenstein
Snakenstein
Townie
Snakenstein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Snakenstein »

Max wrote:I think the scum pair is either:

Sanhora and Snake
or
Farside22 and Snake

game and kunk have both been lurking, but I think an active pair is more likely to contain scum.
Well, I guess this doesn't make me look very good. My own lover threatening to lynch me. Ironically, that is why I thought you were town on D1, for concluding (illogically IMO) that it was in your best interest to lynch me because
you
knew that
you
were town.

I'll need a few minutes to think about your logic on this one. For the purposes of logical discussion, lets just state your suspicion more succinctly as "the two most active pairs are scum pairs". Obviously all four of us will claim to be town as you have.
Snakenstein
Snakenstein
Townie
Snakenstein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Snakenstein »

CSL wrote:Well, that obv failed.

Go Town, I think.
I was going to commend you on a job well done, but the thread was locked. Kind of glad I didn't now that I'm a suspect. :oops:
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

So, Max, your strategy that you came up with yesterday, is it applicable at this point now that we are onto the next day?

I also would like to
request replacement for gameplayah
Welcome to the Network.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Sanhora »

@Max, why Snake?
Also, can you elaborate on this?:
Max wrote:game and kunk have both been lurking, but I think an active pair is more likely to contain scum.
Vote Gameplayah
"I'm on the side of money."
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Max »

@Max, why Snake?
Well I was re-reading the quicktopic and he seemed to mirror his play here which yesterday I put down to needing a lynch. Then I re-read and this bit of a post made me intruiged (post 110):
Farside22 seems to be scumhunting in the best interests of town. Seems to be asking pointed and relevant questions. I have a positive feel from that.
I searched through all of Snake's posts and 5 of them have quotes from Farside, none of them say a bad word about her. Then I checked references to all other player, and none he speaks only positively of. It seems as though this is selective analysis to an extreme extent.

So then I went to farside to look at her opinion of Snake and see whether her posts were actually aimed at snake. I think it almost appears to be a fixation on what farside has. I don't mind which lynch goes first, but I suspect the two are scum together.
Also, can you elaborate on this?:
Well, with the lurking pair I have no read on them whatsoever.

On a side note for a scum lynch now all 4 townies must vote for them.
So, Max, your strategy that you came up with yesterday, is it applicable at this point now that we are onto the next day?
No, as I though the game was nightful.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Sanhora »

Max wrote:Well I was re-reading the quicktopic and he seemed to mirror his play here which yesterday I put down to needing a lynch.
And you later stated that his last post in the QT gave you a town-feeling.
But can you tell us more about Snake's behaviour that you get from him in the QT?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I want to lynch correctly and max if you feel sanhora or your own partner is scum it's hard for me to really say I can much in regards to your read on snake.
As for my read on San. I talked with sanhora and as I said I only found a few things a bit off putting.
I went with morph because I also thought it was his typically scum meta. I didn't know he just didn't pay attention to games as a general rule.
The only thing I never agreed with San about was holding back the lover claims as I saw no reason for it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Max »

[08] OUT OF THREAD COMMUNICATION: The game is to be discussed outside the thread only in the quicktopic(s) linked to in your role PM. Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread.
Due to this I can't give specific quotes but I shall summarise his posts

- Supporting Sanhora "not revealing"
- Mentions Farside, no bad word, just makes general expectations of him

The rest is chitter about the game that are irrelevancies in this situation.

The post that made me think of him as town has since evaporated shall we say, not deleted or anything just...

I think kunk is town and what I've seen from game is null. I'm therefore presuming that scum is among:

Farside22, Sanhora and Snake. I'll reread and see if I've missed anything and post an evaluation.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Sanhora »

Farside, the QT is rather empty without you there.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Sanhora wrote:Farside, the QT is rather empty without you there.
Just responded there.

Max: What about gameplayer? You think that all lurkers are town that just don't know how to get into this game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Looking at the vote count:
farside22 (1) gameplayah
animorpherv1 (5) farside22, kunkstar7, Max, Snakenstein, CSL
Sanhora (0)
gameplayah (2) animorpherv1, Sanhora
There is no doubt scum was on this vote. This leads me to believe Sanhora town more over since I know my own alignment and with gameplayah all but invisible I but him under the unknown with kunkstar, max and snake as my main 3.

Since max seems to believe his partner as scum. Lets put this to the test.

vote: Snakenstein
Snakenstein
Snakenstein
Townie
Snakenstein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Snakenstein »

farside22 wrote:Looking at the vote count:
farside22 (1) gameplayah
animorpherv1 (5) farside22, kunkstar7, Max, Snakenstein, CSL
Sanhora (0)
gameplayah (2) animorpherv1, Sanhora
There is no doubt scum was on this vote. This leads me to believe Sanhora town more over since I know my own alignment and with gameplayah all but invisible I but him under the unknown with kunkstar, max and snake as my main 3.

Since max seems to believe his partner as scum. Lets put this to the test.

vote: Snakenstein
I'm sorry I haven't said much because I just don't know how to respond. All I can say is that I'm town, and I would normally suspect my accuser of being scum, but I can't because scum would never want to lynch themselves (which is effectively what Max is promoting - sacrificing himself). That's the right thing to do if he thinks I'm scum. I agree that it is reasonable to presume that scum were active in the lynch. However, it is also reasonable to presume that scum were inactive, because animo basically offered himself up as a target. I actually pleaded for team clayman-animo to analyze eachother and contribute. They didn't, and then CSL came in and self-destructed.

It is reasonable to test Max's resolve on this by threatening to lynch me, but it is also reasonable to discuss whether the "lurkers are town" theory is solid.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Max »

It is also interesting to note that farside and sanhora are voting different teams. As I expected. Just generally they are going to try and lynch the team their partner is not on.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Votecount:

kunkstar7 (0)
Max (0)
farside22 (0)
Sanhora (0)
gameplayah (1) Sanhora
Snakenstein (1) farside22

Not Voting: kunkstar7, Max, gameplayah, Snakenstein

gameplayah has a couple more hours before I PM AbiologicalAcorn, who has agreed to fill the next spot that needs a replacement.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Sanhora »

Snake wrote:All I can say is that I'm town, and I would normally suspect my accuser of being scum, but I can't because scum would never want to lynch themselves (which is effectively what Max is promoting - sacrificing himself). That's the right thing to do if he thinks I'm scum.
Almost. Yes, Max has been promoting this. But he's not supporting it. Max, wanna explain why? You have stated that Snake is your top suspicion at the start of this day, yet no vote.
Also, do you want to explain the difference between Game and Ani from their behaviour D1?

Unvote; Vote Snake
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Sanhora wrote:
Snake wrote:All I can say is that I'm town, and I would normally suspect my accuser of being scum, but I can't because scum would never want to lynch themselves (which is effectively what Max is promoting - sacrificing himself). That's the right thing to do if he thinks I'm scum.
Almost. Yes, Max has been promoting this. But he's not supporting it. Max, wanna explain why? You have stated that Snake is your top suspicion at the start of this day, yet no vote.
Also, do you want to explain the difference between Game and Ani from their behaviour D1?

Unvote; Vote Snake
This ^. As I said Max many times over I have gotten a town read from sanhora after the fact. I could be misguided. Maybe gameplayer/kun is a scum team.
I think San switching while still asking his question makes me very wary right about now.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Max »

Notice how it took quite a while yesterday to vote. I'm conservative until I'm happy with what I've heard from everyone.

As I've said in a few threads I'm a bit low on time today so I'll post tomorrow.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Votecount:

kunkstar7 (0)
Max (0)
farside22 (0)
Sanhora (0)
gameplayah (0)
Snakenstein (2) farside22, Sanhora

Not Voting: kunkstar7, Max, gameplayah, Snakenstein

AbiologicalAcorn replaces gameplayah, effective as soon as he posts in the thread.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Snakenstein
Snakenstein
Townie
Snakenstein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Snakenstein »

Since I'm being accused by Max as being scum, I think it reasonable to paraphrase our QT discussion from my perspective, so that others can determine if I've been scummy. I won't go into the actual back and forth of the discussion, but just paraphrase it.

Max stated that he didn't like Sanhora's position, and I responded that I agreed with Sanhora that it was better to discuss before reveal. I noted that this was my first lover game, and figured that the secret pairings must have been designed for some purpose, and that we could always reveal later, but once revealed we can't take it back. He disagreed completely and stated that it was better for both town and scum to know the setup.

He said that he found farside's approach interesting. I responded that I didn't know how to leverage the lover pairs, but that farside was exploring an angle that might be productive. I then asked if we should play along, or if we should be deceiptful in case we might be getting duped. I stated that I would rather wait to respond to get a better sense of where farside was going. Maybe 10 minutes later, I noted that I was approaching this all wrong with the realization that the scum already knew all the information and that they wouldn't be striving to gain information about pairings, but they would merely be trying to cast suspicion.

After that, we got into our discussion about his strategy which presumed that there was a 50/50 chance that I was scum. As I stated earlier, I disagreed and we went back and forth on that. Eventually, I noted that his logic effectively stated that "if I can determine that you are scum, then I can be 100% certain that you are scum." However, I did agree with his point that the partners would be in the best position to evaluate their partner as scum/town and that they should be actively pursuing it. As I stated in thread, this is the reason I voted for animo. After I had stated that he was doing the town a disservice by not investigating his partner, he still did not make a concerted effort to do so, so I voted for him.

So, from my perspective, my discussions and actions are all town with the minor exception that I expressed concern about farside's line of questioning and wondered whether to be honest. Once realizing that the pairings were known, I realized that the line of questioning would not likely be harmful.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

At this point I don't really know how to get into this game. I'm basically at this point a one-man pair, as gameplayah hasn't talked to me for 12 days. If my partner is scum I apologize now, although I have no control over his activity level, town really would get jipped here on that. I am suspicious of Snake as he considered actually being deceitful, in effect lying. I don't know if this can just be attributed to Snake really not understanding. Its more difficult to make an opinion from a secondary source such as Max's paraphrasing of their QT, but I see that interaction between Snake and farside as Snake trying to softconfirm farside as town, a real point against Snake and tying him to Farside.
Welcome to the Network.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 am

Post by Max »

Vote: Snake

On a re-read of the rest of the town I feel that this is the right course of action. Sorry if I'm wrong but I think a snake-farside is the lynch ticket.

Interesting though that kunk didn't vote snake. If he doesn't and gameplayah's replacement does I might say that Kunk is scum too.

Return to “Completed Open Games”