Open 205 - Medical Mafia - Game Over Too Soon?

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:10 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

/confirm
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:05 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:Especially you, XScorpion
Why XScorpion in particular?

I disagree with Mykonian's plan. There is a much better chance of scum winning with this plan than town; it's far more likely that the doctor kills will land on innocents, and it gives the mafia a clean nightkill. His proposal to set up the circle himself is also suspect.

However, the plan may not be all that great, but I'm not sure that he's scum simply for suggesting it. It's too bold a move, and I don't think scum would want to go and suggest a plan like that.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:07 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

XScorpion wrote:Why me? Because Lookerscum defeated my town last game :P
Okay. Was just curious.
XScorpion wrote:I've seen scum suggest plans like that before and been defended by "I don't think scum would want to go and suggest a plan like that." I'm not buying it again.
Examples, plz?

Vote: Looker.

Kyle is correct to not place Mykonian at L-1. L-2 is pretty strong in early game, and L-1 is just too strong. Plus, not saying a lot at this stage of the game is hardly a crime. If he continues to say nothing, then you've got a point.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:27 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:@SaintKerrigan
You vote me because you find my vote suspicious?
That, and I got the mod to tell me who the scum were in return for "favors".
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:37 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Looker: What are your thoughts on Mykonian?

Just because you state reasons for a vote does not mean the vote isn't suspicious. In other words, yes, your reasoning aroused suspicion. It just reads as fluff reasoning to me.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:Is this your version of the RVS?
Who knows?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:54 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:- My thoughts on Mykonian are that he needs to vote.
What about opinions on his plan? Part of the reason you're voting Kyle is his reaction to Mykonian. Given that, I'd expect you to have more opinion than just "he needs to vote."

Although he not only needs to do that, he needs to post. I'm really interested in seeing what he has to say about all this pressure barreling down on him.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #40 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:- I voted Kyle not due to his opinion of Mykonian's plan, but because he publicly expressed "I'm not putting him at L-1"
And why is public expression of not wanting to put someone at L-1 scummy?
Looker wrote:- The second bullet was simply utilization of the mechanics of the game. We'll need multiple wagons to make today's lynch more "democratic"
This looks more like using game mechanics as a point against someone, which I find scummy.
Looker wrote:- A valid point.
Could you clarify? Does it mean you think your point is valid, or does it mean my objection to that point is valid?
Looker wrote:To be honest, I'm not going to vote Mykonian based on the ramifications of his plan, probably because I wasn't going to follow it anyway. I'm not going to vote him based on his competence or lack thereof as a player; that doesn't bother me because I'm going to do what I do/want regardless and I'd encourage all of you to do the same, at least until we can all agree upon someone we believe to be guaranteed Town.
So you take his plan as a null-tell, then? I agree that you shouldn't vote people simply because of the way they play. All the same, why did you include that in your response to my post, which had no mention of how I think Mykonian plays?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

1. Yes, I do disagree. He announced that Mykonian could be scum, but that he didn't want to put him at L-1. Instead, he FoSed him. I think that is an appropriate response for someone who isn't sure how to interpret Mykonian's plan.

2. Not sure I buy your explanation. To me, it looks more like you needing to add a reason to vote Kyle, so you used the game mechanics to provide one.

3. Like I said earlier, not having anything (or much) to say at this stage of the game is a null-tell. If he continues to say nothing or not much, then you've got a valid point. I think you pulled the punch a little too early.

4. Interesting assumption, but ok. Although I would like a simple yes or no answer in response to "Do you think Mykonian's plan is a nulltell".
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:43 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Mykonian:
SaintKerrigan wrote:There is a much better chance of scum winning with this plan than town; it's far more likely that the doctor kills will land on innocents
Think about it. The scum have a guaranteed nightkill with the original circle plan by killing off one of the people they're supposed to be "protecting." The only way town gets a night scumkill is through one of our two killing roles getting lined up one at least one of the scum. The odds of both of our killing roles hitting both scum is nigh impossible. The odds of hitting just one isn't that much likelier. The odds of killing off an innocent are good. Meanwhile, the scum have a guaranteed nightkill. This is why I disagree with your plan.
SaintKerrigan wrote:His proposal to set up the circle himself is also suspect.
Actually, I don't know what I was thinking here. This is more or less a null-tell, since we don't know that you are town or scum, and both factions would have a reason for wanting to set up your "circle."

Meanwhile, there's XScorpion.

Unvote: Looker. Vote: XScorpion.

You first simply call Mykonian's plan scummy without explaining why, and when quizzed about it you give an absolutely horrendous WIFOM reason. Then you misrepresent Mykonian by attributing a quote to him that was actually from Mindgamer. Right now, you're looking very scummy to me.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

For the record, I'm in favor of every man acting for himself. That said, I don't think Mykonian is scummy for suggesting the plans, even if they are flawed.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #59 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Game has not enough fish.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #63 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Mykonian wrote:Does it become better when we put 3 scummy (lurking) people in a circle targeting each other, thereby having the kills among the people we want gone anyway, and minimizing the negative effects?
Um, not really. I don't see how doing this is going to minimize negative effects or confine our kills to scummy people.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #79 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:27 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Unvote: XScorpion. Vote: Light.

You haven't been contributing to the scumhunting process, and I dislike your shift from "we definitely need a strategy to test our doctor skills" to "I think we should go our separate ways." It looks like trying to roll with the popular thinking.

@ Myk and Mind: You guys are descending into nitpicking each other's posts for any sign of error, be it by incorrect definition of a word, accusations of strawmanning, or otherwise. I don't feel that this is in the best interests of scumhunting. So, please, cut it out and start looking around.

I think we've lost Danny...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #80 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:30 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Kyle99: You haven't been scumhunting much yourself. :P We're past the stage where you can post little content and get away with it.

FoS: Kyle99.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #83 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:00 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

mykonian wrote:StK. Why would town claim mafia. twice. in one post?
Why would scum claim mafia twice? Especially if you're maintaining that scum are trying to stay under the radar.
Mykonian wrote:they won't. Nor will they use sarcasm when criticized, or even (in case of the theory) ignore it.
Town is just as able to use sarcasm as scum. It's a nulltell.
Mykonian wrote:Further, scum and town differ not in the mistakes they make, they differ in the motives they have. Town wants to find scum, they try to make the game understandable, but on the other hand, not predictable for scum. And they want the truth.

Scum wants to stay alive, wants the game to be orderly, and from this (mostly the first) follows that scum usually have the motive to be not noticed (WIFOM, but with a larger percentage to the scum hiding)
This is all personal opinion on how scum and town operate, and is not universally applicable. People play different styles, and if you try to box scum or town into neat little boxes, you're going to find your scumdar failing a lot more often.
Mykonian wrote:All the tells you have in the wiki come down to those motives becoming visible, but they only work in sometimes. Omgus, for example, is a inaccurate tell since townies who are "unfairly" under attack have the idea their accuser must be scum. Scum misuse it to get their attacker under pressure, but this isn't happening very often, so that tell basically doesn't work.

Bandwagonning, the adding of a vote to a bandwagon while you have given no explanation other then that you want to lynch that guy is a more effective tell, since this could show the motive of scum that they want to stay alive (and to direct the lynch on a towny), starting a wagon, on the other hand, is more risky for scum.

etc etc.
I agree that the Wiki tells need to be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, I don't see how this is helping to find scum. The claims from other people that you aren't doing much scumhunting are starting to ring a bell...

Look beyond Mindgamer, Mykonian. What do you see?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #84 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:05 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ DiscoRoboto: Why don't you trust Light?

You consider Mykonian's plan to be a scumtell, then? Why?

Why does XScorp v others look like TvT?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #90 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:46 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker, why are you voting for someone that I'm betting is going to be replaced? His only post was to confirm. Why not vote for someone like Light, who seems to be active lurking?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #93 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Mykonian: Why would I want to disclose that kind of information? Even if I did, would you believe me? If you really want to know, go meta me on my scum games and decide for yourself what my scumtells are.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #97 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

mykonian wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Mykonian: Why would I want to disclose that kind of information? Even if I did, would you believe me? If you really want to know, go meta me on my scum games and decide for yourself what my scumtells are.
Town doesn't mind giving this information. Please answer the question, StK.
But I'm not always going to be town. It's not in my best interests as a player to disclose my weaknesses. As I stated before, you are free to look up my meta, check my scum games, and see how I play then to determine my scumtells. I will not, however, tell you outright.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #98 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

EBWOP: Why are you asking this question of me in particular, Mykonian?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #104 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

mykonian wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:
mykonian wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:@ Mykonian: Why would I want to disclose that kind of information? Even if I did, would you believe me? If you really want to know, go meta me on my scum games and decide for yourself what my scumtells are.
Town doesn't mind giving this information. Please answer the question, StK.
But I'm not always going to be town. It's not in my best interests as a player to disclose my weaknesses. As I stated before, you are free to look up my meta, check my scum games, and see how I play then to determine my scumtells. I will not, however, tell you outright.
It is frowned upon to play suboptimally as town to make you play better as scum. Please don't do that, and answer the question. Why would you as a good towny not tell us?

Or are you scum that is afraid to give this information?
(sigh) Like I said before, you are free to look up my meta and determine my scumtells from that.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #109 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Happy Scumday, Looker!

I was critical on your vote on Kyle because you said he had lack of content at a time when there wasn't much content to be had. I said if there was lack of content later on in the game, then that was a valid point.

Meanwhile, I don't like your harassing of a guy who isn't here right now, isn't responding to your vote, and in all likelihood is going to be replaced. I think the time for a vote to provoke a response has passed.

Light, why are you voting for a No-Lynch? Usually, that's not a productive way to use your vote unless town comes to a consensus to vote No-Lynch. Otherwise, your vote is much more productive when it's on someone.

DiscoRoboto, do you suspect anyone other than Mykonian, and why?

Mindgamer, why did you call a Mykonian/Looker scumteam, and then vote for Light?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #111 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:37 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Who I suspect besides Mykonian? Mhm... I guess that'd be Looker and Light right now. Why?
Because you unvoted Mykonian to "keep your options open," but I didn't notice you listing your other "options."
DiscoRoboto wrote:Looker is mostly just vibes, so don't hold me up to that one.
I see.
DiscoRoboto wrote:My suspicions towards Light are outed in my reactions towards his posts.
I'd actually forgotten about those. Thanks for reminding me.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Saint, why are you critical towards Light's No Lynch vote? I saw it as a way to say 'I don't know who to vote right now', a clumsy way at that, but I think you're catching my drift.
Because part of this game is looking at who people vote, and trying to see if there's connections in there. Plus, it forces people to take a stance on someone.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Also, what's strange about Mindgamers vote on Light? It's just a pressure vote.
The fact that he had previously called a Mykonian/Looker scumteam, but then didn't place his vote on either of them.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #125 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:19 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Looker: Harass was probably the wrong term. I was in a writing mood at the time (I was writing flavor for my upcoming Open game), and I can get a little creative with my wording when that happens.

That said, your insistence that one of Mykonian and XScorpion has to be scum is, well, scummy. There is no proof that either one of them is actually scum, and I can't help but wonder whether you created that in order to try and get the wrong one lynched. I know I've used this tactic as scum before. (Free scumtell for you, Mykonian. Today's your lucky day.)

Unvote: Light. Vote: Looker.

L-2, I believe.

@ Mindgamer: I personally think your voice should back up your vote, but I think this is more of a disagreement of opinion versus a scumtell.

Vote Count #5

Looker (3) - XScorpion, Mindgamer, SaintKerrigan
mykonian (2) - Looker, kyle99
Mindgamer (1) - mykonian

Not Voting (3) - danny135, DiscoRoboto, Light

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #128 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:57 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

How is avoiding your question a "hard and definite" scumtell, Mykonian? I told you multiple times already, if you want to see how I act as scum, go look up my meta. I've told you multiple times why I don't want to just go off and name my scumtells.

Also, you should meta me to see how defensive I can be of players
as town
. If you're going to clear Looker based on meta, I think you should at least try and look up my own meta to see if I do the same thing.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #132 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:10 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Mykonian wrote:and I tell you you do it because you are scum.
Well, there's nothing that I can say to this, except that you're wrong.
Mykonian wrote:In fact, until now, I have had only one player avoiding this question, and that player was scum, while I had some people answer it in an ongoing game. Good luck winning this argument.
So, just because one player avoided answering the question turned out to be scum, all players who avoid answering the question are scum. This is terrible logic, Mykonian. One person refusing to answer your question is not enough to make your test a valid tell.

You're still welcome to take the time to meta me. Just look in my Wiki. Compare my scum play to my town play. If you're too lazy to do that, try to recall the one game we played together, Open #192.

In fact, the reason I'm not sure you're scum now is because you've been playing similarly to your meta in #192, in which you were town.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #140 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:38 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

How many games have you played with Looker, Mykonian? I'm looking for an exact number here.

Also, your theory on your question is flawed. You haven't run it enough times to determine that a majority of the people who refuse to answer the question are scum. Only
once
has a person refused to answer your question (before me), and that one time the person happened to be scum. But once isn't enough to set a precedence. Thus, you can't use it reliably as a scumtell.

Unvote: Looker. Vote: Kyle99.
Scumhunt moar plz.

@ DiscoRoboto: How have you played multiple games with Mindgamer when your join date is less than two weeks ago? Are you an alt?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #147 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:03 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Mykonian: You are incorrect. It is
not
scummy to avoid your question. You're predicting that I am scum because the person before me who refused to answer your question was scum. One time is not enough to be a reliable tell. The only other thing you have to say against me is that my defense of you is suspicious, which you admit yourself is not enough. Thus, both of your reasons for voting me are weak. I strongly urge you to reconsider your vote.

Meanwhile, Kyle's got a point about XScorp.
Unvote: Kyle99. Vote: XScorpion.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #149 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Mykonian wrote:I predict it because scum is the only one who has problems with answering that question.
I told you, why would I want to outright admit my tells? It hampers my play in the future as scum. As a player, I would prefer to not do that.

I keep hammering the point that you've only used it once before because you're trying to equate refusing to answer the question with scumhood, when that is incorrect. Your proof is that one example. I'm saying that one example is not proof that the system works.

If anything, why
wouldn't
scum answer the question? All they have to do is consciously avoid performing the tells they list, and you aren't going to be able to catch them. As is observed, not answering the question serves to bring attention to yourself. Why would I do that as scum?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #151 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:31 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:Wait a minute. Who all thinks that Mindgamer is town?
I do, for now. Why do you ask?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #156 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:Danny/Disco scumpair?
Explain.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #163 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:07 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

mykonian wrote:And StK, that is your excuse, I know. It is the only hiding place.

It is also the only thing that doesn't make it an absolute tell.
So, you're simply going to deny all my responses as "excuses," eh? Tunneling much?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #164 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker, why are you voting for Light?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #215 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

XScorpion is not the only person coasting by in this game.
FoS: Kyle99.
Also, he needs to take more of a stance on Disco.

I'm not sold on the Disco bandwagon. To me, it looks like people haranguing someone over a theory about how town should act. What Disco said doesn't read as a scumtell to me. The rest of the arguments against Disco don't appeal much to me.

Light's response to the Disco bandwagon makes me suspicious of him.
Unvote: XScorpion. Vote: Light.
"It's obvious that I am eventually going to join one of the bandwagons" just screams scum to me. Also, the lack of voting despite having a strong suspect is scummy. Reads like scum trying to keep his options open.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #217 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:57 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Um, explain the change, Looker?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #219 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:I love him.
:roll:

For realz, though, why switch to Mykonian?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #230 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:47 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Light wrote:stk, so you would rather me stay on no vote for the rest of this day? is it bad that i join a bandwagon? i want an explanation on kyle as to why xscorpion lynch is better than a disco lynch. i don't do serious votes until i am absolutely sure that this is right. its up to kyle to tell me if its worth even lynching scorpion in the first place.
Why is it up to Kyle to tell you whether XScorp is worth lynching or not? Also, why is Disco scum?

Generally, on this site, you are strongly encouraged to use your mind and think independently, not just simply agree with every popular bandwagon that comes into play. I generally find not voting scummy, because it allows scum to not take a stance on people. Taking stances forces people to come from out of the shadows, which is where the typical scum wants to be. It forces scum to come up with a position which they must abide by. By not voting, you're making it harder for people to see where exactly you stand.

tl;dr: You should use your vote more, to indicate where you stand on people, or even to apply pressure. The same could be said to you, Disco. Of course, this is my opinion on things, and you're free to ignore my advice, if you wish.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #236 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ DiscoRoboto: Could you possibly elaborate on why you don't like Light's posts?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #258 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Light is beginning to look more new player to me than scum player.
Unvote: Light. Vote: XScorpion.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #263 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:Light is beginning to look more new player to me than scum player.
Unvote: Light. Vote: XScorpion.
Saying this basicly makes him clear from you the entire game, right?
'Oh he did something scummy, but he's a new player, so I forgive him.'

I personally don't like the 'newbie' excuse at all. How are you planning on acting if Light keeps being suspicious/questionable?
No, it doesn't clear him for the entire game. My current read trends to new player versus scum player.

FoS: DiscoRoboto.
Your post just gave me scumvibes. It sounds like you're saying, "Why did you take your vote off of the person I'm currently trying to lynch?" That's scummy to me.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #267 (isolation #41) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ DiscoRoboto: I didn't think I had to spell out that I wasn't giving Light a total free pass. Suspicions change in this game. It's an inherent part of it.

My vote's on the person I want lynched at the moment. It'll stay there until I see someone else that I want lynched.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #269 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Who says I don't want to get information out of XScorpion?

Also,
DiscoRoboto wrote:@Xscorp, about the voting. I don't use my vote that quickly, except if I feel like I'm on the right track and busy with pushing a lynch/suspicions.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Like said before, Town has 2 'basic' powers. Voice and Vote. Vote is often based on information gained by voice, and voice is often activated by vote, agreed?

A bit of a simpler way to say it is that I'd rather have people vote for the one they want to hear more information of (pressure) rather then lynching (which can happen after the pressure of votes is applied). Lynching can always happen once enough information is gathered, agreed?
FoS (again): DiscoRoboto.

You know, if I keep finding things to FoS, I might just have to vote you.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #284 (isolation #43) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:53 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I concur that XScorpion needs to explain why Looker is his top suspect.

Also, townies do bandwagon, Mykonian. Where'd you get the idea that they don't?

Leaving my vote on XScorp for now, at least until he explains why Looker is his top suspect.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #287 (isolation #44) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:42 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Even though XScorpion brings up some valid points, I think Looker is town because of his scumtopic statement.

Meanwhile,
Unvote: XScorpion. Vote: Kyle99.
Our other chronic lurker.

@ Mykonian: Please show where you're getting your impressions.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #292 (isolation #45) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

So...nothing's changed at all about Disco since you made that post, XScorp?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #294 (isolation #46) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ XScorpion: Because you keep quoting the same post over and over again when asked for a read on Disco.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #328 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker is trying to eliminate the town read I have on him, apparently.

Since Kyle appears to be generally not around instead of lurking,
Unvote: Kyle99. Vote: Biohazard.

Something in my gut doesn't like this guy.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #331 (isolation #48) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Who's your play for today, Disco?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #340 (isolation #49) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Right now, I'm warming up to the idea of a Disco lynch. I've liked his posts less and less as the days have gone by. I'm suspicious of Bio Hazard right now, though, because mostly what I recall him doing is pushing for an XScorp lynch, with a brief interlude of why Disco is a crappy lynch. He's doing about as much as XScorp and Kyle are right now.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #346 (isolation #50) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:37 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bio Hazard wrote:Neither I nor kyle posted between your kyle vote and this post.

What changed?
The fact that Kyle99 got prodded and hasn't responded to it yet. Either he's going to be replaced or he's taking his sweet time to respond to the prod. In both cases, my vote does no good being on him.
Bio Hazard wrote:... and what about this is suspicious?
IIRC you're pushing on XScorpion for trying to coast by in this game, when your behavior resembles his. Seems a tad hypocritical to me.
Bio Hazard wrote:I'd like to know why Disco is good with a kyle lynch, but he's not voting for kyle.
This.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #349 (isolation #51) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bio Hazard wrote:If I was trying to coast by, why would I have defended disco?

And don't bring up WIFOM, either, it's a valid question.
Because a scum tactic I've seen used before is to have a scum player defend a scummy-looking town player so if/when scummy-looking player is lynched and flips town, scum player can say "See? I told ya so."
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #351 (isolation #52) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also, Disco is digging himself a deeper hole. I believe that's twice now that he's used the excuse "I'm voting Light because I want information out of him."
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #374 (isolation #53) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Looker wrote:- Kyle vanishes, pops in to place a vote on the popular wagon, and then vanishes again
That's a fair point against Kyle. He's been replaced, however, so let's see what the replacement has to say.
Looker wrote:- Disco: Who Is He? Scumpartner to Kyle or disgruntled custodian?
As I've said, he's been making himself appear worse in my eyes as of late. However, he's not going to escape anyone's attention, methinks, and I'd rather focus on the people who aren't getting as much attention at the moment.
Looker wrote:- The Commoners: StKerrigan, BioHazard, XScorpion, Looker, & Mindgamer; Why Doesn't Anyone Find Them Suspicious?
SaintKerrigan: Should be obvious why I don't find this guy suspicious.
Bio Hazard: I'm voting him right now.
XScorpion: On my radar.
Looker: I've already explained why I think you're town.
Mindgamer: Gut says town for now. I don't like his lurktastic activity, but I don't think it's constrained to just this game.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #377 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Mindgamer wrote:It seems like SaintKerrigan likes to hop hop hop his vote for little to no reason. However, he never votes for DiscoRoboto despite FoS'ing him. Interesting, one would assume there are more than enough reasons to hop hop hop to DiscoRoboto a few times. Why not? Is it perhaps because you don't want to vote your scumbuddy?
Also, take a look at how SaintKerrigan adds (again) to his FoS in ISO 42. He voted multiple players twice (XScorpion even thrice) but never added something like that, even though a vote is way more important than a FoS.
I'm not voting Disco right now because there's more people to look at than just him. I've also had a town read on him for most of this game (that's slowly starting to come apart) and generally I don't vote my town reads. You'll notice that I haven't voted for you or Mykonian, either. Does that mean I'm scum with you or Myko? No.

This reads like a bad post from Mindgamer. I don't know if I'd call it scummy, though.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #379 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Phaen wrote:
Mod: What order do deaths happen at night?

Ex: If Quack targets CPR who targets Scum,
a) Do both the CPR and the Scum die?
b) Does only the CPR die?
I hope this is a prelude to a catch-up post...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #382 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

mykonian wrote:
SaintKerrigan wrote:I'm not voting Disco right now because there's more people to look at than just him. I've also had a town read on him for most of this game (that's slowly starting to come apart) and generally I don't vote my town reads. You'll notice that I haven't voted for you or Mykonian, either. Does that mean I'm scum with you or Myko? No.
You have FoS'ed him twice. Non of these reasons disappeared. And out of nothing you vote Bio. For tbh, no real reason. Sooooo why aren't you voting for a well reasoned case that you obviously can see, seen the FoS's?
Because there is more than one scum. There's no need for me to be locked onto one suspect when I can sniff around for others. Disco's not going to escape anyone's attention. So, I thought I'd do a little scumhunting.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #384 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Why are you so gung-ho on having me vote Disco right this instant, Myko? There's time before the day ends.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #386 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

How is Bio "quite clearly town?"
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #388 (isolation #59) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bio Hazard wrote:Why is it a bad post from Mindgamer? I think he made some valid points.
Because his sole reason for thinking I'm scum is based on the idea that I FoS'ed Disco but never voted him.
Bio Hazard wrote:You might not have voted MG or myko, but you also never fos'ed them.
Because they haven't done things yet that I consider worthy of a FoS. Disco has.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #390 (isolation #60) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Wait, why were you wasting time trying to analyze Mykonian's plan? That everyone else had already agreed not to use?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #403 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Get well soon, Kyle!

@ Looker: Care to flesh out that vote with more than a quote? As far as I can tell, you're doing the exact same thing I'm doing.
Bio Hazard wrote:I actually think that's a good reason. In this game, it's not optimal for scum to bus since doing so would put the one scum against five doctors, one vanilla, and one nurse. That leaves the FoS as the primary way for scum to distance themselves from each other.
So, I FoS Disco because he is doing things I consider suspicious and are playing against the town read I had on him, and suddenly it becomes bussing? I think this is hypothetical extrapolation here.

As for the "false analogy," I was pointing out that there are three people I haven't yet voted for: DiscoRoboto, Mindgamer, and Mykonian. What did those three people have in common? I had town reads on them. I still do on Mind and Myko. Disco, I'm not as certain anymore. Thus, I FoS'ed him.

As I said before, my vote is not productive when it's "locked-in" this early. We have a full week before the deadline. I am advocating that we use it to look around, get as much information as possible before we lynch someone.

I'm voting for you right now because of your push against XScorpion for hypocritical reasons.
Phaen wrote:Its not a waste of time. I'm not familiar with the setup so when I heard his plan and I heard everyone saying it wouldn't work, it made me wanna whip out a calculator to see if its really as bad as people are saying. How is it a bad thing to analyze it?
Point made. I didn't think it was scumhunting, and I overreacted to it. For that, I apologize.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #413 (isolation #62) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Hey, Looker, did you see this?
SaintKerrigan wrote:Care to flesh out that vote with more than a quote? As far as I can tell, you're doing the exact same thing I'm doing.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #416 (isolation #63) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:56 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

V/LA from now until Friday.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #430 (isolation #64) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:55 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ok, I've gotten enough out of the day.

Unvote: Bio Hazard. Vote: DiscoRoboto.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #456 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Woot! Go town!

With my treatment of Disco, I wasn't surprised that I was a N1 target. It was much better to be nightkilled than mislynched, which tends to happen to me later in the day.

I'll give XScorpion credit, he did a good job getting off of Looker (who I felt was confirmed town) and onto Light.

I actually targeted Bio Hazard because I didn't know what role I was, so I figured I'd rather act as a vig trying to kill instead of a doctor trying to protect (since if I was a killing role acting as a protector, a person that I thought innocent would die, which was not what I wanted). Bio Hazard was a person that I felt would be a hard lynch to push, so I decided to try and kill him. It was pure irony that I ended up saving him instead. :D

If any of this sounds convoluted, it's because I'm posting with only four hours of sleep under my belt...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #457 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:19 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Woot! Go town!

With my treatment of Disco, I wasn't surprised that I was a N1 target. It was much better to be nightkilled than mislynched, which tends to happen to me later in the day.

I'll give XScorpion credit, he did a good job getting off of Looker (who I felt was confirmed town) and onto Light.

I actually targeted Bio Hazard because I didn't know what role I was, so I figured I'd rather act as a vig trying to kill instead of a doctor trying to protect (since if I was a killing role acting as a protector, a person that I thought innocent would die, which was not what I wanted). Bio Hazard was a person that I felt would be a hard lynch to push, so I decided to try and kill him. It was pure irony that I ended up saving him instead. :D

If any of this sounds convoluted, it's because I'm posting with only four hours of sleep under my belt...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #458 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:19 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bah, sorry for the doublepost. That I blame on Mafiascum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”