Open 205 - Medical Mafia - Game Over Too Soon?

Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

/confirm
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Good luck / Have fun everyone.

Very interesting setup.

Well, it seems like our night strategy will be more important than our day discussion. :P

And that's why I'm calling Mykonian scum right now. His 'Great Plan' of doing the Night Actions in a circle pattern leads to an easy Mafia win.

We have nine players, player A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I. Let's say A and B are scum. Let's say the random circle will be E -> C -> A -> H -> I -> B -> F-> G -> D -> E.

The mafia know who the mafia and town are, so the doctors who will be 'protected' by the mafia won't be protected at all, so one of them will be killed by the mafia. The mafia now have a sure kill instead of a maybe kill. Additionally, the CPR Doctor and Quack Doctor will certainly kill because there are no other doctors protecting their victims. So, the next day we have three dead doctors. What a great strategy.

It's not flawless though. The CPR Doctor and the Quack Doctor can target the mafia so there's a chance both mafia will be killed by them. How to prevent this? By making sure that one of the mafia 'protects' the other mafia, so at least one of them will live. This requires that the circle is not random though, and this is where Mykonian's last post comes in, he requests in bold that he himself should make the circle. Mykonian wants to claim the circle so he can manipulate it.

Vote: Mykonian

For his mafia plan. Oh, and he's also trying to stop any discussion by suggesting that 'we better lynch right today'. Can he get any more scummy?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Mindgamer »

SaintKerrigan wrote:However, the plan may not be all that great, but I'm not sure that he's scum simply for suggesting it. It's too bold a move, and I don't think scum would want to go and suggest a plan like that.
I hate this argument.
Looker wrote:- I don't like how you publicly express your ability to refrain from placing Mykonian at L-1
How so? Although I'm very sure Mykonian is scum, putting someone at L-1 after almost no discussion is madness. For this reason he FoS'd. Why do you not like this?
Looker wrote:To be honest, I'm not going to vote Mykonian based on the ramifications of his plan, probably because I wasn't going to follow it anyway. I'm not going to vote him based on his competence or lack thereof as a player.
This implies that we're voting for Mykonian because he's stupid. No, we're voting for him because he's scummy. Quite the Strawman argument you make here.
Looker wrote:I still don't like the thought of a "Town Leader", though, unless, of course, that Leader is me. Otherwise it's not worth the risk.
Why? Do you think you would make a great leader for this game?
mykonian wrote:Where did I say mafia couldn't kill?
You failed to mention they could kill.
And where do you promis that we won't have 3 dead doctor anyway?
Huh? I haven't even suggested a strategy of my own yet. What is this for kind of question?
And mykonian already knew that scum have to be next to each other in the circle, and that they should be "forced" to kill another scummy player.
Scum have to be next to eachother? Interesting choice of words. We don't know who the scum are, so we can't put them next to eachother. How would you want to do that? Unless, of course, you already know who the scum are because you're scum yourself. Oh, and we can't force scum to kill eachother at night. If they are next to eachother in the circle they won't use the town tactics obviously.
And what is that last thing? how am I stopping discussion when I'm starting it?
I read 'we better lynch right today' as 'we better lynch right now' instead of 'we better lynch good today'. An error on my side.
XScorpion wrote:Why me? Because Lookerscum defeated my town last game :P
I've seen scum suggest plans like that before and been defended by "I don't think scum would want to go and suggest a plan like that." I'm not buying it again.
We aren't going to be friends. This is horrible reasoning (he is so towny he must be scum).
vote Xscorpion
. Because you avoid all discussion about why the plan is actually scummy, and just go with general consensus and conspiracy thinking.
And here we have another Strawman argument. XScorpion attacks the 'he is so scummy he must be town' reasoning. This does not mean that he thinks the opposite. :?
From what I can see, XScorpion seems to favour the 'he is so scummy he must be scum' theory, the only theory based on actual logic.

There is no general consensus. General consensus is the situation where EVERYONE agrees on a certain topic. Please elaborate on your 'conspiracy thinking' statement.
ever seen a 7-2 mountainous game? no, because that is horrible for town, scum wins 90%. So we have to use the powerroles someway.
Eh, yes? It's one of the four setups in Newbie games. According to AGar's analysis, scum wins that setup 64% of the time. Where did you get the 90% number from?
ok, myko strat v2:

We pick a group of minimal 3 players, and let them circle. We pick the scummy players for this. In case there is a CPR or Quack among them, one scummy player is gone now. Sadly, the same counts for the weak doc: the investigation is practically wasted. The rest of the players does nothing.

myko strat v3: we pick 3 players who are targets, we pick 3 other players who are going to target: same effect, if one of the targeting (townie) players is a CPR or Quack, we lost a scummy player. Benefit is that the weak doc's investigation (hard to find because of the scums kill, perhaps), is not completely wasted. The JK is not a problem here.
I'm growing sick of these plans. These plans have the EXACT SAME FLAWS your earlier plan had.

1. The scum know who the doctors are going to target, so the scum get a 100% sure kill.
2. After the night, we still don't know anything about the doctors due to the scum interference. If a doctor dies, do you call him a weak doctor? Who says the scum can't target a doctor-target to further complicate things? At the beginning of the next day, only the scum know every night action, and so only the scum can draw conclusions. The scum now have a few roles confirmed where the town is still in doubt. Yay?

DiscoRoboto wrote:Also, Gymmo, if you disagree with the plan, what do think about knowing your PR? Should we ignore it or do you have a better plan?
As a matter of fact I do have an idea: We stop discussing the night and every individual does what they think is best, be it random or a strategy of their own. Here's why:

At this moment we have only one true advantage over the scum: We have so many protective roles that there is a high chance their night kill will fail. A failed scum kill is very valuable for the town. If the scum don't know what we are going to do, they can't act in accordance with it.

After each night, only the individual players will know something about their respective roles. THIS IS CRUCIAL. We don't want the scum to know what our roles are. We should treat this game like a closed setup, and act as self-cops for the moment. We don't mass claim in other games, do we? Why should we do that in this one? Only in LyLo should we make a massclaim.

Thoughts on this plan, please.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Mindgamer »

mykonian wrote:
Mindgamer wrote:
SERIOUSLY?
you didn't even have doubts when you posted this?

No.
mykonian wrote:
Huh? I haven't even suggested a strategy of my own yet. What is this for kind of question?
Why are you not doing anything of yourself?
I already did?
mykonian wrote:
I've seen scum suggest plans like that before and been defended by "I don't think scum would want to go and suggest a plan like that." I'm not buying it again.
We aren't going to be friends. This is horrible reasoning (he is so towny he must be scum).
vote Xscorpion
. Because you avoid all discussion about why the plan is actually scummy, and just go with general consensus and conspiracy thinking.
And here we have another Strawman argument. XScorpion attacks the 'he is so scummy he must be town' reasoning. This does not mean that he thinks the opposite. :?
From what I can see, XScorpion seems to favour the 'he is so scummy he must be scum' theory, the only theory based on actual logic.
Lets see this objectively: people sticking their necks out, people proposing things, in stead of following are town. Scorp thinks I do this to manipulate = too towny principle. "He is so obviously sticking his neck out, it must have some purpose"
mykonian wrote:
'Lets see this objectively: people sticking their necks out, people proposing things, in stead of following are town.'

No. People proposing
helpful
things are
more likely
to be town. People proposing
useless/detrimental
things are more likely to be scum.

Manipulating is something scum does. It's certainly not towny, let alone too towny.
mykonian wrote:
There is no general consensus. General consensus is the situation where EVERYONE agrees on a certain topic. Please elaborate on your 'conspiracy thinking' statement.
Very simple: I am trying to convince you of something, that must mean I'm scum, right? I must be manipulating you.
What is this crap? A conspiracy is an agreement between two or more people to commit an evil act.
mykonian wrote:And in the end, you only lynch the person that stands out, not the scummo's,
who generally don't want to stand out
. Which is why tells as bandwagoning work.
In the end you lynch the scummo's obviously. Are you joking here?
Bandwagons are used for pressure btw.
mykonian wrote:You are this way stalling the coming of new ideas, since you consider someone that thinks of a new idea and tries to convince you, scum.
It's not the fact that you're coming up with ideas, it's the fact that you're coming up with pro-scum ideas.
mykonian wrote:Good luck ever trying to become better.
lol?
mykonian wrote:
ever seen a 7-2 mountainous game? no, because that is horrible for town, scum wins 90%. So we have to use the powerroles someway.
Eh, yes? It's one of the four setups in Newbie games. According to AGar's analysis, scum wins that setup 64% of the time. Where did you get the 90% number from?
This is because scum is still scared of powerroles: the setups here and there aren't equal.

Though with the nurse, 90% is certainly too much.

Even then 36% is not enough for me. Playing with 1 confirmed vig, and 1 confirmed doc would make me much more happy.
Newbie games with a Mafia Roleblocker have a 50% chance of playing with a Cop and Doctor, so the scum is always 'scared' of powerroles. And I ask again: Where did you get the 90% number from?
mykonian wrote:
I'm growing sick of these plans. These plans have the EXACT SAME FLAWS your earlier plan had.

1. The scum know who the doctors are going to target, so the scum get a 100% sure kill.
SOLVE IT. THEY HAVE THAT ANYWAY, OR YOUR PROTECTION IS ACCIDENTALLY A QUACK, AND YOU KILL HIM
They don't have that anyway. Quack is irrelevant.

2. After the night, we still don't know anything about the doctors due to the scum interference. If a doctor dies, do you call him a weak doctor? Who says the scum can't target a doctor-target to further complicate things? At the beginning of the next day, only the scum know every night action, and so only the scum can draw conclusions. The scum now have a few roles confirmed where the town is still in doubt. Yay?
this is why strat 2 is better: the targeting and target players are both scummy, making that any complications (scumkills/weak doc) are on people we want dead anyway.
Complications > Giving the scum info as opposed to the town. And you're assuming the whole town wants 3 out of 8 people dead anyway. Unrealistic.

As a matter of fact I do have an idea: We stop discussing the night and every individual does what they think is best, be it random or a strategy of their own. Here's why:
At this moment we have only one true advantage over the scum: We have so many protective roles that there is a high chance their night kill will fail. A failed scum kill is very valuable for the town. If the scum don't know what we are going to do, they can't act in accordance with it.
we have 2 roles that kill, 3 that save(with one of them the weak doctor) BRILLIANT PLAN. Suddenly a quack "protects" a confirmed towny: what now, GENIUS?
A confirmed townie? Where?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hardcore quote fail. Let's try again.
mykonian wrote:
Mindgamer wrote:
SERIOUSLY?
you didn't even have doubts when you posted this?
No.
mykonian wrote:
Why are you not doing anything of yourself?
I already did?
mykonian wrote:
vote Xscorpion
Lets see this objectively: people sticking their necks out, people proposing things, in stead of following are town. Scorp thinks I do this to manipulate = too towny principle. "He is so obviously sticking his neck out, it must have some purpose"
'Lets see this objectively: people sticking their necks out, people proposing things, in stead of following are town.'

No. People proposing
helpful
things are
more likely
to be town. People proposing
useless/detrimental
things are more likely to be scum.

Manipulating is something scum does. It's certainly not towny, let alone too towny.
mykonian wrote:
Very simple: I am trying to convince you of something, that must mean I'm scum, right? I must be manipulating you.
What is this crap? A conspiracy is an agreement between two or more people to commit an evil act.
mykonian wrote:And in the end, you only lynch the person that stands out, not the scummo's,
who generally don't want to stand out
. Which is why tells as bandwagoning work.
In the end you lynch the scummo's obviously. Are you joking here?
Bandwagons are used for pressure btw.
mykonian wrote:You are this way stalling the coming of new ideas, since you consider someone that thinks of a new idea and tries to convince you, scum.
It's not the fact that you're coming up with ideas, it's the fact that you're coming up with pro-scum ideas.
mykonian wrote:Good luck ever trying to become better.
lol?
mykonian wrote:
This is because scum is still scared of powerroles: the setups here and there aren't equal.

Though with the nurse, 90% is certainly too much.

Even then 36% is not enough for me. Playing with 1 confirmed vig, and 1 confirmed doc would make me much more happy.
Newbie games with a Mafia Roleblocker have a 50% chance of playing with a Cop and Doctor, so the scum is always 'scared' of powerroles. And I ask again: Where did you get the 90% number from?
mykonian wrote:

SOLVE IT. THEY HAVE THAT ANYWAY, OR YOUR PROTECTION IS ACCIDENTALLY A QUACK, AND YOU KILL HIM
They don't have that anyway. Quack is irrelevant.

this is why strat 2 is better: the targeting and target players are both scummy, making that any complications (scumkills/weak doc) are on people we want dead anyway.
Complications > Giving the scum info as opposed to the town. And you're assuming the whole town wants 3 out of 8 people dead anyway. Unrealistic.

we have 2 roles that kill, 3 that save(with one of them the weak doctor) BRILLIANT PLAN. Suddenly a quack "protects" a confirmed towny: what now, GENIUS?
A confirmed townie? Where?
[/quote]
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 am

Post by Mindgamer »

mykonian wrote:Are you stupid or are you scum?
Scum.
mykonian wrote:Why would that be? Because a lot players have no idea what makes someone scum.
Enlighten us, oh wise one!
mykonian wrote:Because you are lynching the person that stands out.
Moar Strawman.
Looker wrote:
Mindgamer's Post 69
- It seems you're basing your case off the fact that Myk's plan sucks, which isn't good. The best alternative would be to suggest a different, better plan
mykonian wrote:mindgamer, you have to make a better strategy to call mine bad.
It would be nice if you guys started reading the topic. Here is my plan:

After each night, only the individual players will know something about their respective roles. THIS IS CRUCIAL. We don't want the scum to know what our roles are. We should treat this game like a closed setup, and act as self-cops for the moment. We don't mass claim in other games, do we? Why should we do that in this one? Only in LyLo should we make a massclaim.

Thoughts on this plan, please.
mykonian wrote:Further, a conspiracy is not based on facts, but on the feeling people are fooling you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_%28civil%29
mykonian wrote:You really haven't read the setup, have you?
That's right. I just posted '/in' in a random Queue. Then this Alduskkel dude send me a PM which said I'm Mafia Goon and I win when all your base are belong to us. I figured that's all I need to know so I didn't look at the setup.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Danny! Danny! Danny!

Why suddenly the noise about Danny, Looker? He isn't here, he's probably going to be replaced, so why are you talking about him? Are you trying to take our attention away from something? Oh yes, you are:
Looker wrote:
Mindgamer's Post 78 -
Okay, very good, you have an alternate plan, so why are you still voting Mykonian? He had a plan, it sucked, you proposed a new one, and now we can move on.
Vote Danny
In my opinion, Mykonian is scum because of his plan and everyone knows I think this. Why are you so desperate to take my attention away from this? Scumbuddies with Mykonian perhaps?
Looker wrote:Either way, I believe our play on words and bickering is distracting from the overall point - lynching scum.
Vote Danny
You want to lynch scum! What a wonderful initiative! So you want to bandwagon someone who isn't even here! What?
What do you expect to gain from such a bandwagon? Pressure won't make Danny magically return. I think it's just your way of wasting our time. I'm calling a scumteam of Mykonian/Looker.

Oh, and SaintKerrigan is right. I didn't notice because I was tunneling on Mykonian, but Light has posted... nothing. Completely nothing.

Unvote. Vote: Light

I want some content. Now.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Town has got two tools: Voice and Vote. And. Not slash. Town is able to use them both in a different way. You don't have to use your vote to add strength to your suspicions. That's why I used my voice on Looker and my Vote on Light.

Light has posted now, but I stil don't see any original content. Almost everything he said has already been said by others. But since my vote will not change that much, I wil unvote. I will remember Light's refusal to post original content though.

Unvote

Back to Looker, yay!
- Disagreements are not scum-tells. It would be more profitable to accuse me on other grounds.
I called you scum because you are trying to take my attention away from Mykonian, not because of the disagreement on the plan. Straw Man again.
I also believe your vote is baseless, Mindgamer, and as ineffective as you claim my vote on Danny to be. We're both voting for the same thing - more content
We're not, I'm voting for more content. You're voting for nothing.
so I'd encourage you to belay your suspicions of me until you find a more adequate reason to vote.
Voice =/= Vote
RE: Mindgamer's Vote On Light
- As I've already stated, I don't like the fact that he accuses me of being scum and then goes on to perpetrate the same act for which he called me scum in the first place. It's hypocritical.
I accused you of being scum for taking my attention away from Mykonian and pushing a L-1 wagon on someone who isn't here.. I did the same act however, you say. So I took my own attention away from Mykonian and I'm pushing a L-1 wagon on Light, whom is not here. YES.
As misguided as you are, I agree with you. Unvote; Vote: Mykonian
So first you try to get me off the Mykonian wagon by telling me to move on, and now you're joining his bandwagon?

Straw Mans.
Vote=Voice.
Very strange voting behaviour.
Vote: Looker

Oh btw, I'm confused. Why do we know that either XScorpion or Mykonian is scum?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Mindgamer »

mykonian wrote:There is only one type of player that doesn't want to tell how we can catch him if he is scum.
A sane player.
mykonian wrote:This with the defensiveness of StK of me, right in the beginning (
for looker this is rather normal, seen his meta
), but for StK, he has to know something, I think.
So you refuse to do a meta-read on SaintKerrigan, but in the mean time you have done a meta-read on Looker? :?:
Oh, and I see completely no reason for you to suddenly defend Looker.

Looker is defending Mykonian. Mykonian is defending Looker. Cool. 8-)
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Kyle99
Looker, Light, and Mykonian are starting to look more town to me.
The two most suspect players are starting to look more town? That certainly needs an explanation.
Kyle99
XScorpion is just coasting and doing almost no scumhunting.
Very hypocrite.
Mykonian
A newby game (although
it doesn't really count
, he got mislynched early, after playing quite playfully, almost role-playing like, liking the idea of the game)
A poly lovers game, as town.
then, I remember a game where I said that the above two had happened, and that I this time wouldn't try to mislynch looker, and seen that
I have no good memories of that
, I believe I was mislynched pretty quickly.

uhm, I probably
forget 1
So you remember one legit game with Looker. Awesome.
DiscoRoboto
Also, nobody noticing me might just be because I'm playing this game correctly? I don't know, but people noticing you (because i.e. a danny wagon) is usually a bad thing.
:!:
No, no, no. You want people to notice you. A good townie is always on the lookout for scum, and you want other people to notice your finds. What could possibly be wrong with being noticed? That's how a scum thinks. Quite a big slip from you here, DiscoRoboto. Over 9000 scumpoints for you!
DiscoRoboto
Why am I towny? I don't know, because I haven't really been scummy for as far as I can tell.
Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.

Unvote. Vote: DiscoRoboto

Serious vote. You're thinking like a scum.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Mindgamer »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
No, no, no. You want people to notice you. A good townie is always on the lookout for scum, and you want other people to notice your finds. What could possibly be wrong with being noticed? That's how a scum thinks. Quite a big slip from you here, DiscoRoboto. Over 9000 scumpoints for you!
Once again you're pulling it out of context.

Sure I want people to notice my finds, but my finds is surely not a direct part of my actions, is it? It's a report after analyzing said actions and other peoples actions.
What's wrong with being noticed? Well, it does distract attention from other players. It's only logical for someone who got a Town role PM to not want attention diverted to him, right?
People paying attention to my finds is a whole different plane, and you know that. You're ignoring common sense to put me in a black light. Not paying attention means that your posts aren't being read? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. If 'nobody pays attention to you' in the way I posted, it obviously means not paying attention to a persons scumminess because that attention is better used for other causes. Not implying that you should ignore a person because he's looking Town, I'm implying that scummy players deserve more attention.
Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.
Seriously now Mindgamer? Do you even read what you're posting?
If somebody asks me a question I answer it. Now you're pretending like I'm simply saying 'I care about how other people look at me'. No, I was answering a question.
Then again, Mindgamer, do you not care about how people look at you? You say you're a Townie (obviously) and that would mean lynching you is a mislynch, that ain't profitable for Town now, is it? Of course you don't try to look scummy, even as Town, as to prevent a mislynch. Besides, you are implying that my way of thinking was 'Have I been scummy this game?', but I don't ever recall having said that that's my way of thinking. Pulling things out of your ass much?

You're quite good at subtly pulling things out of context, Mindgamer.
:shock:

What a big wall for something so simple.

In the first parapgraph you substitute the word 'notice' by 'pay attention'. :roll: Noted.

Now you're pretending like I'm simply saying 'I care about how other people look at me'. No, I was answering a question.

Same thing.

Then again, Mindgamer, do you not care about how people look at you? You say you're a Townie (obviously) and that would mean lynching you is a mislynch, that ain't profitable for Town now, is it? Of course you don't try to look scummy, even as Town, as to prevent a mislynch.

Have you seen how I have been playing this game? I make myself the center of attention with my furious attack on Mykonian, and I'm not afraid to spice my posts with sarcasm. I don't care how I look, because I'm SCUMHUNTING. I'm town, so I won't slip. I'm not scum, so I won't act like scum. I have no influence on your perception of my performance. I'm 100% scumhunting, and if I get lynched, people can use my hard work to base their votes on. A townie that spends effort on 'not looking scummy' is wasting his time.

Besides, you are implying that my way of thinking was 'Have I been scummy this game?', but I don't ever recall having said that that's my way of thinking.

Yes, that's what I'm implying.

You're quite good at subtly pulling things out of context, Mindgamer.

You're quite good at defending everything with 'context', DiscoRoboto.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

Bio Hazard wrote:I know I'm going to catch heat for saying this (from looker), but I think the case on Disco is BS.
Needs explanation. From Kyle99 as well, please.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

I disagree with the Light lynch for the moment. New play is not scum play.

I'm ready for a DiscoRoboto lynch btw. And lol @ his scumlist. Everyone who's voting or plans on voting for DiscoRoboto is scum.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Mindgamer »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Mindgamer wrote:
Bio Hazard wrote:I know I'm going to catch heat for saying this (from looker), but I think the case on Disco is BS.
Needs explanation. From Kyle99 as well, please.
Give a concrete case with all your points lined out with examples given and I'll respond to it to prove my innocence to you.
Fulfill my request, please. Also would like Myko to do it.
I've already pointed out your scummy behaviour and you have already defended yourself. If you want to add something to that defense, you can do so without me having to repeat myself.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:10 am

Post by Mindgamer »

DiscoRoboto still hasn't been lynched yet? :x
XScorpion
3. Currently looker is #1, followed by Mykonian
Explain.
guys, townies don't bandwagon. Which means at least one is doing it wrong.
Townies do bandwagon for pressure.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Ten days is a lot. Nothing to be hasty about. I fully support rereads though. 8-)

I was reading Bio Hazard in ISO and I saw I missed something:
Bio Hazard wrote:
mindgamer wrote:Again you're thinking with the mindset of a scum. A townie is scumhunting, posting quality content et cetera. A townie does not care how he looks like, he cares about finding scum. But you are thinking that not doing scummy things makes you look like town. Huh? Seriously, when I'm playing a game where I'm town, like this game, I'm thinking 'how can I find that darn scum!'. Not: 'Have I been scummy this game?'.

This would be valid if that's ALL disco had been doing this game. He was just defending himself against looker's crappy argument.
Nope, one good flaw is enough for me. It wouldn't matter if DiscoRoboto would have been the most towny person ever in the rest of this game, a flaw is a flaw and I will call you scum for it.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hi Phaen! Vote DiscoRoboto in the next 24 hours and this delicious bar of chocolate could be yours!

On to more serious matters: SaintKerrigan's voting pattern.

ISO 2 - Vote: Looker.
ISO 9 - Unvote: Looker. Vote: XScorpion.
ISO 13 - Unvote: XScorpion. Vote: Light.
ISO 14 - FoS: Kyle99.
ISO 24 - Unvote: Light. Vote: Looker.
ISO 27 - Unvote: Looker. Vote: Kyle99.
ISO 28 - Unvote: Kyle99. Vote: XScorpion.
ISO 34 - FoS: Kyle99.
ISO 34 - Unvote: XScorpion. Vote: Light.
ISO 39 - Unvote: Light. Vote: XScorpion.
ISO 40 - FoS: DiscoRoboto.
ISO 42 - FoS (again): DiscoRoboto.
ISO 44 - Unvote: XScorpion. Vote: Kyle99.
ISO 47 - Unvote: Kyle99. Vote: Biohazard.

It seems like SaintKerrigan likes to hop hop hop his vote for little to no reason. However, he never votes for DiscoRoboto despite FoS'ing him. Interesting, one would assume there are more than enough reasons to hop hop hop to DiscoRoboto a few times. Why not? Is it perhaps because you don't want to vote your scumbuddy?
Also, take a look at how SaintKerrigan adds (again) to his FoS in ISO 42. He voted multiple players twice (XScorpion even thrice) but never added something like that, even though a vote is way more important than a FoS.

Scum? :evil:

Vote Count #15

Light (2) - DiscoRoboto, Phaen
DiscoRoboto (2) - Mindgamer, mykonian
XScorpion (1) - Bio Hazard
Looker (1) - XScorpion
Mindgamer (1) - Looker
Bio Hazard (1) - SaintKerrigan

Not Voting (1) - Light

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Mindgamer »

I apologize for my lack of participation in the past few days, but I haven't seen anything useful happen. It's time for a lynch, stalling for the purpose of stalling is a minor scumtell imo. SaintKerrigan, if you have something you have to discuss I propose you do it now and not continue to shout 'moar discussion' instead of thinking about your final vote for today.

I'll post my reads now. In a normal game I would not post my reads on Day 1, because the scum could just kill the player who has the consensus of being town. However, in this setup the scum won't be able to control their kill for the most part.

Assuming DiscoRoboto will be lynched:
Mykonian and Looker are town imo. Early in the day I was strongly attacking them, especially Mykonian, but their replies have convinced me of the opposite.
If DiscoRobot flips scum, SaintKerrigan has a good chance of being scum as well. I don't like his interaction with DiscoRoboto at all.
Phaen has so far only commented on the past, and she is quiet so close to deadline. Not a good sign. In the very surprising situation DiscoRoboto actually flips town, Phaen has a good chance of being scum since she is not contributing at all and let the DiscoRoboto wagon get easy steam.
Bio Hazard, Light, XScorpion: I don't have anything to add that has not already been said. Town or scum, I don't know.

I'm telling you this because I have a decent chance of getting killed tonight, be it the scum or one of the doctors, so you will at least know where I stand on people.

Vote Count #17

DiscoRoboto (3) - Mindgamer, mykonian, Bio Hazard
Light (2) - DiscoRoboto, Phaen
Looker (1) - XScorpion
SaintKerrigan (1) - Looker
Bio Hazard (1) - SaintKerrigan

Not Voting (1) - Light

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

The deadline is the end of March 10th, PST.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Mindgamer »

GGs. Awesome game.

I agree that the setup is quite swingy, but it's very fun to play.
Alduskkel wrote:If you think about it, just shuffling roles around there could have been 3 night kills on Townspeople.
There could even be four deaths.
- Quack Doctor kills
- CPR Doctor kills
- Weak Doctor dies
- Scum kills

Return to “Completed Open Games”